Home

We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ?

Posted By: martyd

We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/28/21 10:14 PM

We’re is the lowest price 40 acres a guy could buy ? I am not talking about Iowa farm land prices.
I talking about hill or brush or desert type recreation land. Is there such a thing as $300.00 to $600.00
per acre land any more ? Thanks. MD
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/28/21 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by martyd
We’re is the lowest price 40 acres a guy could buy ? I am not talking about Iowa farm land prices.
I talking about hill or brush or desert type recreation land. Is there such a thing as $300.00 to $600.00

S.E oregon.
Posted By: Northmocats

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/28/21 10:21 PM

Probably the High Plains desert in Wyoming. Nothing there.
Posted By: 080808

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/28/21 10:25 PM

32 acres sold this month across from my farm. All woods, no timber. Frontage on both county and town road with electricity. $22,000.

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/28/21 11:38 PM

Wow that is cheap land you have in northern New York. I am surprised. MD
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/28/21 11:42 PM

Back when I was looking south texas desert and Wyoming had some cheap land. Something like 160 acres for 30 k if I remember right. Ofcourse you couldn't go much with it though.
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/28/21 11:52 PM

No cheap land left in Wy at all best bet is death valley area of Calif. and Nevada areas even a lot of folks squatting out there also no water no jobs no critters or very few.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/28/21 11:52 PM

Maybe reclaimed strip mine land, KY or PA?
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 12:08 AM

Wow that is cheap land you have in northern New York. I am surprised. MD

Wait till u get the property and school tax bill!!! Especially in NY.
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Furvor
No more cheap land in Ky, not after people found out they can sale it for deer property , seen some sold the other day for 5.000 acre just old rough mt land .
Posted By: Diggerman

Originally Posted by WyFurHarvesters
No cheap land left in Wy at all best bet is death valley area of Calif. and Nevada areas even a lot of folks squatting out there also no water no jobs no critters or very few.

Land up around the bentonite mines is pretty cheap, far eastern, 4-600 i was told.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Sagebrush land all over the Great Basin with no water still goes for pretty cheap.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 12:28 AM

Alot of timber ground/swamp in mid-North Minnesota is pretty cheap. I moved up here from Nebraska and can't believe how cheap land is, by comparison. Of course, you couldn't grow a mushroom on most of the land up here.
Posted By: DWC

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 12:36 AM

If youre willing to buy 7300 acres, I found some in Perkins Co SD with a building sight for 750/acre. Cattle country with some water holes.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 12:42 AM

Cheap here. Here's 11 acres next to interstate 80 for only $3,760....

https://www.landandfarm.com/property/11_Acres_in_Poweshiek_County-11494266/
Posted By: Badger23

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 12:56 AM

What's the catch ADC that seems way too cheap. Farmland isn't that low per acre in Iowa. There has to be some serious zoning laws or restrictions there.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 12:59 AM

080808 that seems way too cheap for up there as well. I'd probably would've jumped on it if I lived right next door if you could've made it happen.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 01:00 AM

Land up here ranges from 3000 to 6500 depends on if someone has cash to burn, but logger Coffey that’s just nuts the last deer hunting area here in the river couldn’t sell and ended up given to the Dnr for public hunting.
Posted By: adam m

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Badger23
What's the catch ADC that seems way too cheap. Farmland isn't that low per acre in Iowa. There has to be some serious zoning laws or restrictions there.

It's a commercial lot. Best bet is to buy and look for investors to build a office complex
Posted By: 080808

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 01:16 AM

Badger. Already own 250 acres, don’t need more. Total taxes with no building aroun
Posted By: Btoutdoors

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 01:18 AM

Far West Texas around Van Horn. I can't remember prices but it was pretty cheap.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 01:28 AM

United Country realty is where we found cheap land.

Look for landlocked parcels BUT has easements.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Furvor

I remember when that land in Pa was $40/acre in the 70’s. Dads cousin the dentist bought a couple of mountains. His driveway is 1.75 Miles long.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 01:46 AM

Used to be some real cheap land around kingman because you had to haul all your water.
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 01:53 AM

Just saw an add for 43a at $90000 no utilities but has a unfinished small cabin. That is about as cheap as I've seen other than very large tracts.
Posted By: rszwieg

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 02:02 AM

Be careful buying land with an easement. In some states easements expire after some years.

My family found this out the hard way.
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 02:38 AM

I have been looking for some myself. West Tn. and portions of west Ky. has some for 1000.00 an acre. Most of it is river bottom land that floods, but can still be put to some use.
Posted By: Albert Burns

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 02:45 AM

I have to agree with Northern NY State, Jefferson, Lewis, or St. Lawrence counties. I see parcels up there for under 1000.00 an acre, and have seen large pieces in the 300.00 to 500.00 price range per acre. Nice area for hunting, fishing, trapping, but pretty secluded, and not a lot of employment opportunities .And you better like snow....especially up on Tug Hill.
Posted By: Sawmill Creek

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 03:07 AM

2005 I bought 50 acres of timber with a trout stream running through it for $40,000 behind my house
Posted By: bblwi

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 03:19 AM

There are acreages of lower wood land and other forested acres in north central WI that are listed as low as near $500 per acre and up.

Bryce
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Jayme, You for got some digits. The 3 least significant in this case are Most significant. LOL

$3,760,096
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Horn
Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Jayme, You for got some digits. The 3 least significant in this case are Most significant. LOL

$3,760,096

That's what the ... means, more to come. lol
Posted By: Squash

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 09:54 AM

Land in Northern NY can still be bought for under $1000/acre. Mostly larger parcels 100 acres plus, that have had the timber cut.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 01:09 PM

Buddy just bought 55 acres for $218,000 in central MO with a few cabins on it one you can live in the other 2 are for guests.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
Originally Posted by Badger23

It's a commercial lot. Best bet is to buy and look for investors to build a office complex

office complexes empty every where and likely to stay that way.

company the wife works for has a big office in FL they just decided her department is never moving back to the office , they will all remain working for home indefinitely.
Posted By: 160user

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 01:22 PM

You can buy cheap swamp land up here in northern MN. You can't walk on it without a life jacket in the summer and the only thing it is good for is a mosquito hatchery but it is cheap.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
You can buy cheap swamp land up here in northern MN. You can't walk on it without a life jacket in the summer and the only thing it is good for is a mosquito hatchery but it is cheap.

Mosquitos? I heard you don't have a single mosquito up there! They all are married and have big families....
Posted By: waggler

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 03:24 PM

There are various timber companies in the western half of the United States that occasionally sell-off large parcels in order to consolidate their ownership. They generally don't want isolated sections and quarter sections that are not contiguous with a larger track of their timberland.

The best thing to do is contact large timber companies like Weyerhaueser, John Hancock, Plum Creek, Etc, and ask who their real estate brokers are. It can be a chore getting that information. A couple of years ago it took me a whole week to get ahold of Weyerhauer's broker, but it was well worth it.

Often times large tracts can be bought for not much more than the value of the timber that stands on the land, and many times you can buy the whole parcel for less than the timber value. I have done it a couple of times, once 180 Acres and the other time 640 acres. Both bought for much less than the timber value.
Posted By: FriarTuck

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by 160user

It seems like the mosquito population is going down though. The deer ticks are eating them!
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by H2ORat

S.E oregon.

Google Red Desert land for sale, Coldwell Banker has 160 acres listed for $28,000, that's $175 per acre. Not much there but Antelope and late season deer, and of course coyotes & Cats. Try to find something with water.
Posted By: waggler

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/29/21 10:39 PM

I bought this section (640 acres) from Weyerhaeuser a year and a half ago for $343,000. Sold timber from 100 acres for $290,000. So essentially I bought 640 acres for $53,000 or, about $83 per acre. The great thing is, there is still about $200,000 worth of merchantable timber on the property, plus a lake, trout, elk, deer, bear, cougar, etc, and good road access.

There are still good deals out there, it just takes a little work to find them.

[Linked Image]

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/30/21 12:12 AM

Wow some if you guys found some good deals on land. MD
Posted By: Eyehi

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/30/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Squash
Land in Northern NY can still be bought for under $1000/acre. Mostly larger parcels 100 acres plus, that have had the timber cut.

Bought my 30 acre chunk for 750 an acre .... Then built a camp on it years later .....
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/30/21 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
I bought this section (640 acres) from Weyerhaeuser a year and a half ago for $343,000. Sold timber from 100 acres for $290,000. So essentially I bought 640 acres for $53,000 or, about $83 per acre. The great thing is, there is still about $200,000 worth of merchantable timber on the property, plus a lake, trout, elk, deer, bear, cougar, etc, and good road access.

There are still good deals out there, it just takes a little work to find them.

[Linked Image]

Nice.

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 03/31/21 12:59 AM

I don’t know with me being 62 is it to late in life to buy some land and put a 800 ft cabin on it. I might be to old. MD
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: We’re is the lowest price per acre land in USA ? - 04/01/21 01:09 AM

I don’t know with me being 62 is it to late in life to buy some land and put a 800 ft cabin on it. I might be to old. MD
If you event think that question in your head; you're too old.

I'm a dozen years older, and would not hesitate.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums