Home

Good Impulse buy... thanks

Posted By: adam m

Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/03/21 02:36 PM

Went to a hardware store yesterday to pick up an order. I noticed the signs saying 10% off ALL stihl products. I decided to get a pair of stihl chainsaw chaps landed up paying less than $70 out the door. 10% off plus a $5 coupon.

The last couple of threads on chainsaw chaps convinced me enough that I needed them.
Nothing fancy but better than nothing. 6 layers & no pockets

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/03/21 04:15 PM

Nice! May save you from a trip to the ER....
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/03/21 04:25 PM

Great Decision Adam
Posted By: charles

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/03/21 04:25 PM

My MIL wanted my FIL to wear a football helmet after he was knocked silly by a split tree that hit him in the head. About 30 years later, he died of a brain injury suffered in a ladder accident.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/03/21 05:03 PM

70 bucks is pretty cheap insurance compared to what it could cost.

Good decision you get used to wearing them and they could save your life.
Posted By: Hornytoad1

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/03/21 05:10 PM

If you do a lot of cutting look for chainsaw pants. The chaps work to save your leg but they get caught on everything. You will see. I hate wearing them but the alternative is fare worse. I also wear chainsaw boots. They are very spendy but also cheaper than a ER visit.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/03/21 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
70 bucks is pretty cheap insurance compared to what it could cost.
Good decision you get used to wearing them and they could save your life.

Yup and I will just come right on out an say it. The chicks dig a man in chaps. Come home with em on Adam and the wife will prolly give ya a 2nd honeymoon!
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/03/21 05:53 PM

When I was a sawyer on a fire crew in on a Eastern Washington fire. I was picking up my saw one morning at the supply and they offered me a pair of the heavy OD green thick government chaps. I took them and used them we were brush cutting that day and before lunch time I had swiped my saw right across my thigh. Didn't touch the skin. The chaps had about a six inch slash across the right leg when I handed them back at the end of the day should of saw the look on their faces. they said they were going to use them in their training demo.

I would be walking with a limp for sure if it were not for wearing chaps that day.

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/03/21 05:54 PM

Exactly, $70 compared to a hospital bill. They didn't have a helmet or I would've bought one too.
Lol Leftlane.
I don't cut much these days but.... still worth every penny.
That's so crazy to hear Charles.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/03/21 10:29 PM

So that is what you call it when the kids are home- "baby let's cut firewood tonight"?

Clever

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/03/21 11:44 PM

Hahaha I like it
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/04/21 01:33 AM

Worked in the bush 3o years I would not even waist my time with chaps full safety pants for an extra 10 bucks. Worth there wait in gold. I had a saw kick back between my legs and if not for full pants would have cut off the tenon behind the knee.
Posted By: SnareLine

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/04/21 07:10 AM

Great decision...stay safe!
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Good Impulse buy... thanks - 04/04/21 12:04 PM

I have a pair

They add protection, keep me from getting so much saw dust on me too

They do get caught on things and they are hot once it warms up. I try to have wood cut before it gets too hot but do have the occasional tree to deal with around the farm at any time.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums