Home

American community survey

Posted By: nvwrangler

American community survey - 04/04/21 11:31 PM

Got the notice that i am required by law to participate . Not sure if i will i know if i do fill it out i won't give false info but won't answer alot of the questions.

Too bad it won't ask if there should be smaller government and less intrusion.
Posted By: white17

Re: American community survey - 04/04/21 11:35 PM

I always throw it away
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: American community survey - 04/04/21 11:44 PM

I always throw it away

Same here. The constitution specifically says enumeration once every ten years. Thats it. Toss it in the trash. They may call or send somebody out. You dont have to talk to them or even let them trespass on your property. For the real census I answer birthdays and number of people living here. nothing else. LOTS of people doing that. Dont let them scare you. You wont get in arrested or anything else so long as you give the enumeration every ten years.
Posted By: Osagian

Re: American community survey - 04/04/21 11:45 PM

I hope you didn't give your phone number as one of the five questions that were ask on last years 2020 census. Because if you did, they will use their phone bots to 'remind' (hound) you that you have not filled out their American Community Survey. Phone bots don't ever give up or get tired.
There's no Federal law that says you have to have a phone so there can be no federal law that says you have to give it out. To anyone.
Untold millions put down their phone number as one of the five questions thinking they had to and now they'll going to pay for it.

Re: American community survey - 04/04/21 11:45 PM

After looking up the questions thats my plan and some new signs for no trespass without a warrant
Posted By: Sharon

Re: American community survey - 04/04/21 11:55 PM

Never answer them

Re: American community survey - 04/04/21 11:56 PM

No i listed the number of American citizens at this address only nothing else.

Originally Posted by Osagian
I hope you didn't give your phone number as one of the five questions that were ask on last years 2020 census. Because if you did, they will use their phone bots to 'remind' (hound) you that you have not filled out their American Community Survey. Phone bots don't ever give up or get tired.
There's no Federal law that says you have to have a phone so there can be no federal law that says you have to give it out. To anyone.
Untold millions put down their phone number as one of the five questions thinking they had to and now they'll going to pay for it.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Got the notice that i am required by law to participate . Not sure if i will i know if i do fill it out i won't give false info but won't answer alot of the questions.

Too bad it won't ask if there should be smaller government and less intrusion.

Got that survey two years ago and threw it out.

Then the census worker started to hound me.

She banged on my door at all hours & left
survey papers in a plastic bag with cookies.

Somehow got my phone # and left dozens
of voice mails all but threatening me with arrest.

Called my land lord and harassed him to force me to
respond or else. He told them to stop harassing his tenant.

After about two months she left a final threatening
voice mail and then gave up.

Once every ten year enumeration is ALL
that is required by the constitution and law..

Tell them to pound sand.

walleyed
Posted By: Boco

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 01:50 AM

Walleyes-the Rebel without a cause. LOL.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 03:25 AM

I never heard of it. I get a ton of agriculture surveys to fill out though.

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I never heard of it. I get a ton of agriculture surveys to fill out though.

I got asked 1 other time but we moved 2 weeks after the first visit and never responded
Posted By: charles

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 03:53 AM

What are some of the questions?

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 03:59 AM

You can look at this link

https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/methodology/questionnaire-archive.html
Posted By: mnsota

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 04:05 AM

What are some of the questions?

It doesn't matter,..really,..it doesn't matter.
Posted By: SJA

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 04:13 AM

What are they going to do? Arrest and jail ya? . . . if they did that to everyone that didn't answer, they'd probably have a more accurate population count!
grin

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 09:05 AM

The one I received a few years ago they wanted to know what time I left the house for work and what time I got home. Lots more questions that had nothing to do with a census and are no business of a census taker. How many rooms in your house, do you rent own or have a mortgage. Several pages of that stuff.

I made it clear I was refusing to answer when they called and had no problem letting a jury decide if I was a criminal because of it. I only got the one phone call. I still have a landline and a listed number.

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 11:11 AM

Should call the thing the Americans communist survey
Posted By: walleyed

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Walleyed-the Rebel without a cause. LOL.

Yeah BOCO,

But at least I can say I'm not a Canadian !!! laugh

walleyed
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 01:34 PM

I say save that thing Jeb, what if there is another TP shortage and you eat too many deer sticks? Might come in handy after all.
Posted By: adam m

Re: American community survey - 04/05/21 02:10 PM

I had to Google this, as I've never heard of it. It's mailed to 3.5 million addresses every month every year.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums