Home

International Space Station is visible...

Posted By: Gary Benson

International Space Station is visible... - 04/05/21 10:27 AM

Anybody been watching it? I guess it orbits the earth every 90 minutes and it's visible depending on darkness of night and the sun reflects off it. My siblings have been watching it in the evenings. I'm going to try to see it at night.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: International Space Station is visible... - 04/05/21 11:04 AM

Went out Friday evening for the first time this year watched it zip by...Clips right along and sky was clear so was easy to see. Tried to take a picture of it with my good camera. Not real up to speed with it so ended up with black square with squiggly white line in middle..Never thought to try camera on my phone. My brother has had a place for years he gets e-mail notice when when Space Station is visible in our area.. He has been watching it for long time and we've seen it several times over years while camp firing.

Mac
Posted By: EdP

Re: International Space Station is visible... - 04/05/21 11:19 AM

There is a website that tells when and where it can be seen in the sky from various places on the earth.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: International Space Station is visible... - 04/05/21 11:41 AM

I have seen it

You can make out the ring with no help. You better be looking where it is supposed to be at the given time because it is moving real fast, like horizon to horizon in seconds
Posted By: Hornytoad1

Re: International Space Station is visible... - 04/05/21 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by EdP
There is a website that tells when and where it can be seen in the sky from various places on the earth.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov
Posted By: Mack

Re: International Space Station is visible... - 04/05/21 12:09 PM

My wife and I watch it whenever the night sky is clear. The length of time that it is visible depends on the height of the arc it is taking in your area at that time (sometimes as long as 7 minutes.) There are two websites, that I know of, where you can see a schedule of the times it is visible in your location. Do a search for "Spot The Space Station" and "ISS Observation".
Posted By: Redknot

Re: International Space Station is visible... - 04/05/21 12:29 PM

Thanks for posting the website Toad..
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: International Space Station is visible... - 04/05/21 12:40 PM

Yes, what a Beautiful sight. Our local Weatherman announces during his weather segment when ISS is visible in our area. A couple weeks ago it was close enough to our FULL Moon that we could see the ISS very very clearly
© 2024 Trapperman Forums