Home

Wood heater idea

Posted By: Law Dog

Wood heater idea - 04/06/21 08:23 PM

Local selling site posted this it looked like a good idea, I don’t need it but respect the build.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Wood heater idea - 04/06/21 09:09 PM

I have seen the double barrel stove where the top barrel has several pipes running through it and a blower behind

there was a commercial product to put in your pipe Magic heater reclaimer https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Heat-R...gic+heater&qid=1617743159&sr=8-1

the good , it pulled heat from the stack , the bad if you look at the picture you will see a knob in the center if you don't run that in and out often it has cresoted up so you can't if that has creosoted up you can guess what else has be ready to clean your chimney often.

any product like that should really have a thermo couple and not turn on till it has the stack temp over the temp where creosote can condnece
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Wood heater idea - 04/07/21 09:29 AM

needs to have a way to clean out the inside , it will fill up with ash and soot , i had something very similar , and it did and quit working

Re: Wood heater idea - 04/07/21 01:27 PM

Add a elbow at the burner so the pipe goes up and down let gravity do it’s job not much different run it hot for a bit then tap it with a hammer to knock the funk loose.
Posted By: charles

Re: Wood heater idea - 04/07/21 05:13 PM

UL approval is sometimes an insurance requirement.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Wood heater idea - 04/07/21 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by charles
UL approval is sometimes an insurance requirement.

my insurance company did not raise my rates as long as 1 I purchased a UL listed stove and chimney pipe , 2 it was on the main floor of my house , 3 I had it professionally installed.

500 dollars to have it installed including the chimney through the 12:12 pitch roof best 500 dollars I think I ever spent I have more than that every year on heating oil

since it is 80 out side I am declaring the heating season over I bough 150 gallons of oil this year. I had been buying 750 gallons before the stove.

time to fill the tank back up and be ready for next year

Re: Wood heater idea - 04/07/21 09:19 PM

For a steel shop building I think that’s over kill a lot of these shops are not insurable even.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums