Home

PPP loans

Posted By: Wolfdog91

PPP loans - 04/06/21 09:29 PM

So what's the deal with these ? Been hearing eveyone and their third baby mom ( not even making a joke )have been applying and getting them. Arnt they supposed to be for small business and stuff ?
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: PPP loans - 04/06/21 09:35 PM

Small businesses

I never researched it much , but in passing talking to others I may have been able to secure $ 40 or $ 50 grand and not had to pay it back .

I just kept getting up every day and WORKED like I always do

Just another form of welfare the way I see it

The ship is gonna sink sooner than later
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: PPP loans - 04/06/21 09:36 PM

Yes, its supposed to be ,but a whole lot of untrustworthy out there.it will come back to bite.
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: PPP loans - 04/06/21 09:41 PM

Must have a schedule C or F
Posted By: Badger23

Re: PPP loans - 04/06/21 09:47 PM

I found a site you could see who got it by state and county. Sickening really, a lot of businesses that got it had no disruption in there businesses and some flourished with the shutdowns. It's a big joke that the taxpayers got stuck with. A lot of the business owners were multi millionaires before.

Re: PPP loans - 04/06/21 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Badger23
I found a site you could see who got it by state and county. Sickening really, a lot of businesses that got it had no disruption in there businesses and some flourished with the shutdowns. It's a big joke that the taxpayers got stuck with. A lot of the business owners were multi millionaires before.

X2 ......it ain't right

Re: PPP loans - 04/06/21 09:59 PM

I think it's a loan and later you have to apply for forgiveness. Sounds like most get relief from the entire amount

Hopefully karma steps in
Posted By: 20scout

Re: PPP loans - 04/06/21 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
I think it's a loan and later you have to apply for forgiveness. Sounds like most get relief from the entire amount

Hopefully karma steps in

Starts out as a loan and if you follow their directions correctly it will be forgiven.
Posted By: beeman

Re: PPP loans - 04/06/21 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Badger23

Post the link so members can see who in their neighborhood is getting “loans” that will be forgiven. In my area some very well to do businessmen put in for these “loans” and never laid off any employees or had a down turn in business. In fact one of our boat dealers that received PPP “loans” was on TV the other night bragging how well his business has done this since covid started.

Is this link the link you are speaking of?

http://ppprecipients.com/
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: PPP loans - 04/06/21 11:09 PM

They call it a loan on the front end then later it becomes a grant, stupidity is rampant.

My brother got about 50 grand doing the deal since he's small business and got shut down for about a month.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: PPP loans - 04/06/21 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by 20scout
Originally Posted by AntiGov

Hopefully karma steps in

Starts out as a loan and if you follow their directions correctly it will be forgiven.

Ridiculous
Posted By: cwtrapper

Re: PPP loans - 04/06/21 11:29 PM

If you get this. You have to allow the SBA to much to my liking.

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 01:07 AM

According to folks I've been talking with it's easy if your a dead beat but its a pain if you actually are trying to do something productive so I'm not too interested. "Free " government money puts me on edge like a peglegged you're around a dirt hole anyway
Posted By: finbar

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 01:19 AM

I pray for all those whose livelihoods which were ruined by the virus and the govt. But it sure has been hard to hire help
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 01:26 AM

If you lost money in any one quarter compared to the previous year you are eligible for a PPP loan. I didn't apply though I may have qualified. It's basically free money to any business that applies.
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
According to folks I've been talking with it's easy if your a dead beat but its a pain if you actually are trying to do something productive so I'm not too interested. "Free " government money puts me on edge like a peglegged you're around a dirt hole anyway

Careful buddy you are calling a bunch of folks you don't know diddly about a dead beat.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 01:34 AM

Well shoot dang, looks like a good time to get self-employed again! Like Antigov, I just kept on working to pay my bills like I didn't know any better!

I clicked that link Beeman posted. Looks like just about every business in Alaska is on there. My electric utility got $2-5 million (they don't tell you the exact amount). Seems to me they probably made more money from people staying home with the lights on. Matanuska Telephone Assn got $5-10 million. Tha Catholic Bishop in Juneau got $150-350k. Guess tithes must have been down.

Nahhhh, we don't have a government pork problem! Just remember folks, blame Trump.
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by finbar
I pray for all those whose livelihoods which were ruined by the virus and the govt. But it sure has been hard to hire help

Impossible to hire while competing with all the free gov. money handed to the employee. When I called employee's back after shut down some of them literally gave me guilt trip for making them lose the "super sized" unemployment check. Our core crew were thankful the company was still around.

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by trappingthomas
Originally Posted by finbar

Impossible to hire while competing with all the free gov. money handed to the employee. When I called employee's back after shut down some of them literally gave me guilt trip for making them lose the "super sized" unemployment check. Our core crew were thankful the company was still around.

It's truly unbelievable . Millions and millions of losers coddled by big government .

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by trappingthomas
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

Careful buddy you are calling a bunch of folks you don't know diddly about a dead beat.

I also said it SEEMS to be harder if your trying to be productive, so if your getting it to be productive then why should what I say hold any bering ? As far as dead beat I'm taking about the folks getting it so they can do some frivolous spending instead of actually doing something productive such as start a small business, buy tools, cattle ect.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 02:31 AM

I look at this way. A lot of theses Covid trillions the government is handing out go to leftist unions and liberal organizations that then turn around and donate the money back to the DNC. Rush taught me that when Obama was president and we had the shovel ready jobs bill that was almost a trillion. If you have a schedule F and qualify. Take the money and donate it to the NTA or any conservative group that is trustworthy. I donated all my COVID payments to Mission PreBorn and hopefully saved some babies.

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 03:03 AM

Nice !!!

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 08:50 AM

An easy way to search is type in PPP recipients in the county and state you're in and watch the results come in. Several people and companies are on there more than once. Those I'd like to see in jail for a few months or longer depending and fined up to 5 times the amount they got. There's a lot of places and people that got it and didn't make less money in any quarter. They also didn't have a disruption in business. This should've went to restaurants, hair salons and tourists type businesses. There are other businesses that were hurt as well but there are way more that weren't that got it. Once again it's sickening and t do wonder how many that got it and shouldn't of will thump their chest and say they're against big government, holler about taxes and whine about the debt?

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 09:33 AM

Lots of big grain farm operators on the list in my area. Diesel pickups must be about a year old and need replaced.

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 09:43 AM

I know, I work in Cayton county and shake my head at that along with implement dealers, Co-ops, construction companies etc. I see hobby farmers got in on it too along with a guy that runs a few hoop nets and setlines. He got a little over 3 grand.

So I just went and typed in a friend's zip code and see that he got over 14 grand for feeding a few like 3 or 4 head of cattle a year mostly for himself and family. He always post on Facebook all the time hollering about liberals and government over reach. He has a full time job as his few head of cattle isn't going to support him.

Got another friend that's a 1 man trucking owner that got over 16 grand total. He's had an above average year trucking. He's going on vacation and we're watching their house and cats. I guess I'm helping pay for his vacation.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 11:14 AM

So if a trapper who files his taxes and claims all his income claimed 30,000 in fur sales in 2019, trapped as hard in 19-20 season and could not get them sold at auction in Canada because of covid and then the auction house gave them away for pennies on the dollar would that trapper be considered a dead beat if he applied and received a loan, gift, handout or was he getting back some of the money he paid taxes on for decades? Was it his fault? I will wait to see some responses.

The qualification for a schedule C self employed business is that you must have lost 25% of your annual gross sales. Some of you fellows need to read up on a few things before commenting. There is fraud in everything the government puts its hand to. With out this program a lot more folks would be on the tit because they would have been out a job. LLL
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 11:37 AM

Im still trying to find in the constitution where it says the gov. will protect your business and make sure your employee's don't loose their jobs, pay for your food, etc. from cradle to grave.

But no use in arguing over it 30 trillion in debt and adding to it every day, enjoy these days as they are the GOOD OL TIMES. The future is dark, very dark.

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Im still trying to find in the constitution where it says the gov. will protect your business and make sure your employee's don't loose their jobs, pay for your food, etc. from cradle to grave.

But no use in arguing over it 30 trillion in debt and adding to it every day, enjoy these days as they are the GOOD OL TIMES. The future is dark, very dark.

See if you can find where they can tax you from cradle to grave while you are looking. Lots of people took money from the gubment that did not need it. That happens every day. Lots of us still go to work every day and pay taxes so illegals can come in and be welcomed. They have better insurance and benefits than I have as a self employed business man. LLL
Posted By: Rye

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 12:58 PM

I run a hobby farm, something most of you would mock. I do about 35K a year in sales while working a full time job elsewhere. A large part of my customer base is restaurants and farmers markets. Covid shut them both down. When the PPP "loans" came out with the mention of it later becoming a grant I chose not to enroll or take payment for several reasons. First and foremost I didn't trust the "grant" part "down the road" and I wasn't going to go into debt on a business with zero debt. I could have closed the doors and done nothing and been out nothing more than my annual start up cost for seed/soil/and supplies (about 5k).
I reorganized how we deliver to customers and how we make sales and put more effort in the areas I could exploit. I finished a whopping $150 behind 2019 in sales for 2020. Considering 2/3 of my sales outlets were gone - not too shabby. Meanwhile I watched at least 50 business take the loans and either shutdown for good or take it when they didn't need it. Made me wonder how people slept at night. The SBA was pushing hard for people to take this. With that said I may not have qualified in the end as I it's not my primary income and I have only two employees besides myself.

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper
So if a trapper who files his taxes and claims all his income claimed 30,000 in fur sales in 2019, trapped as hard in 19-20 season and could not get them sold at auction in Canada because of covid and then the auction house gave them away for pennies on the dollar would that trapper be considered a dead beat if he applied and received a loan, gift, handout or was he getting back some of the money he paid taxes on for decades? Was it his fault? I will wait to see some responses.

The qualification for a schedule C self employed business is that you must have lost 25% of your annual gross sales. Some of you fellows need to read up on a few things before commenting. There is fraud in everything the government puts its hand to. With out this program a lot more folks would be on the tit because they would have been out a job. LLL

"You take the Kings coin, you work for the King."

You invited them into your life, remember that if this whole thing goes tits up.
Posted By: bass10

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 01:21 PM

First off I think you all aren't seeing all the good it has done for people. I know first hand that at least three people would have lost their jobs with me without PPP. My business would not have gone under but I could in no way have paid everyone through this once in a lifetime, life altering event. So these people are either still actively employed in thanks to the government, or sitting at home doing nothing and getting the same amount, thanks to state and government. Take your pick.

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper

It doesn't say in the constitution that people have the right to be outspoken jack wagons but you read it on here everyday?

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 01:31 PM

I have been paying the king all my life. Never took anything from anyone that I did not give him first. You act like it is not already tits up. How many pay into SSI and Medicare all their lives only to die young and not get anything in return. Small business/ self employed usually on average pay 31% Federal tax. The State gets their cut county gets theirs, city too and then they tax you another 7% when you buy anything.

I think the King was supposed to work for me but that is not how it is. Most complaining here probably are retired living on SSI, don't pay tax on their fur or work a job where they are taxed very little.

They think nothing of taking advantage of every tax loop hole they can. I would call it gaming the system. Taking this money is totally the same as that in my humble opinion. I wish I could get it from Canada since they are the one's who locked down the auctions and still are. Maybe get BOZO to send us some money. lol, LLL
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 01:48 PM

Like anything a lot of abuses but just read in our local paper a lot of businesses are now having to return the monies and some being charged with fraud.

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by WyFurHarvesters
Like anything a lot of abuses but just read in our local paper a lot of businesses are now having to return the monies and some being charged with fraud.

Good to hear. As a taxpayer I hate fraud of all kind. Tax cheats are the worst. LLL
Posted By: riverbank

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 03:38 PM

Wow, that was an eye opener checking the surrounding counties. Pretty unbelievable some of the amounts that some people are getting. I know a lot of these people on a very personal level, and know that they didn't suffer one bit from Covid. One that was pretty peculiar to me was seeing the amount of money that churches got. I thought they were tax exempt? If so, why are they getting paid out from taxpayer money?
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 03:58 PM

Most people have been applying in the hope of not having to pay it back in many cases.
Posted By: finbar

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 04:28 PM

The idea behind the program is that it is for workers who would be laid off. Rather than having people in collect unemployment, employers were given loans and grants to keep them employed. Workers at nonprofits and for profits could benefit because all these workers themselves pay taxes. It wasn't supposed to be a benefit to companies and a lot of companies who had low payroll taxes but high other costs saw no help
Posted By: beeman

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 05:55 PM

Here is another link to use to see what your neighbors raked in from PPP “loans”. This link shows recipients who received less than $150,000 also.

https://projects.propublica.org/coronavirus/bailouts/search?q=

It seems every farmer around me got over $20,000. No wonder all the car lots don’t have any pickups in them.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 07:34 PM

Much of the stimulus money went to blue states that were in trouble financially. NY for instance got something like 80B which still doesn't satisfy their debt. CA got a similar amount. Much of this money was sent overseas to countries for some of the craziest reasons imaginable.

Re: PPP loans - 04/07/21 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Much of the stimulus money went to blue states that were in trouble financially. NY for instance got something like 80B which still doesn't satisfy their debt. CA got a similar amount. Much of this money was sent overseas to countries for some of the craziest reasons imaginable.

That’s true but the PPP, paycheck protection program went to keeping people employed. Two entirely different things.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: PPP loans - 04/08/21 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by bass10
Originally Posted by Trapper7

That’s true but the PPP, paycheck protection program went to keeping people employed. Two entirely different things.

Looking at the list of recipients here, the people getting most of the money are the people who know how to fill out paperwork. Mostly, accounting firms, law firms and car dealerships. I don't think those businesses struggled too much around here.

Re: PPP loans - 04/08/21 12:36 AM

Some of the biggest beneficiaries near me are people who told me they had their best year ever, creative accounting at it's finest.

Re: PPP loans - 04/08/21 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by beeman
Here is another link to use to see what your neighbors raked in from PPP “loans”. This link shows recipients who received less than $150,000 also.

https://projects.propublica.org/coronavirus/bailouts/search?q=

It seems every farmer around me got over $20,000. No wonder all the car lots don’t have any pickups in them.

I noticed the same thing, beeman. And I'm sure your local farmers as as poor as mine. whistle

Re: PPP loans - 04/08/21 01:50 AM

I don't know fellas mabye I should talk to my tax lady and see if I can get a little something for a welder crazy
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: PPP loans - 04/08/21 01:53 AM

dont forget you still need to look yourself in the eye to shave of a morning
Posted By: corky

Re: PPP loans - 04/08/21 02:02 AM

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/12/6/22156289/tom-brady-business-ppp-loan-tb12-million
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: PPP loans - 04/08/21 02:04 AM

Just read through the list of my zip code. Apparently I need to fill out a form to get on that list as well, lol!! Everything from $800-150K

Re: PPP loans - 04/08/21 08:04 AM

With out this program a lot more folks would be on the tit because they would have been out a job. LLL

They are on the tit. What difference does it make which program it comes through? It all comes from the same udder. It's foolish and unsustainable, and it's going to damage our economy for decades, if not forever.

If you really need the help, then by all means take it. I'll never begrudge someone accepting help when they need it. But if you're just trying to get the feds to make up your difference because you had a short year, then yes you are absolutely a money-grubbing socialist. It's not the government's job to make sure you're financially protected from world events. And if you're trying to get free money for no other reason than "it's there," then you're a despicable thief.

Once upon a time there were men of pride and character who wouldn't take a handout no matter what, no matter whose fault it was they were broke, no matter how much taxes they had paid. Today is full of men looking for any excuse to justify whatever they can get.
This tragedy in this debacle is two-fold. One, that the government is driving the country to financial ruin by printing free money in a poor effort to mitigate a problem created by that government. Two, that so much of the country, including so-called "conservatives" have been suckered into participating in this socialist inflation by believing a victim narrative. Both are very disappointing.

Re: PPP loans - 04/08/21 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by KenaiKid
With out this program a lot more folks would be on the tit because they would have been out a job. LLL

They are on the tit. What difference does it make which program it comes through? It all comes from the same udder. It's foolish and unsustainable, and it's going to damage our economy for decades, if not forever.

If you really need the help, then by all means take it. I'll never begrudge someone accepting help when they need it. But if you're just trying to get the feds to make up your difference because you had a short year, then yes you are absolutely a money-grubbing socialist. It's not the government's job to make sure you're financially protected from world events. And if you're trying to get free money for no other reason than "it's there," then you're a despicable thief.

Once upon a time there were men of pride and character who wouldn't take a handout no matter what, no matter whose fault it was they were broke, no matter how much taxes they had paid. Today is full of men looking for any excuse to justify whatever they can get.
This tragedy in this debacle is two-fold. One, that the government is driving the country to financial ruin by printing free money in a poor effort to mitigate a problem created by that government. Two, that so much of the country, including so-called "conservatives" have been suckered into participating in this socialist inflation by believing a victim narrative. Both are very disappointing.

I agree with what you said but I do not think you understood what my statement was saying. The Payroll Protection Plan was meant to help pay employees that otherwise would have lost their jobs because the government mandated businesses to close. When business cannot open they cannot produce so they do not need to have workers. It saved jobs. It saved tax payers money because those people did not go on unemployment while locked out of their jobs by the government. When an employee has to lay off people and then the government pays them more in unemployment than if they are working then you get to where we are now. NO ONE WANT TO WORK!! There are now hiring signs everywhere here but you cannot get people to even apply because of the unemployment benefits. I guess that is a victim narrative.

What may I ask do you do for a living and did you loose your livelihood during this crap? LLL
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: PPP loans - 04/08/21 09:45 PM

Here is one from an adjoining county. I left his name off.

BRADY TX 76825 $6,220 1 Hunting and Trapping

No employees, just a one man operation.

Re: PPP loans - 04/08/21 10:00 PM

Yes, I lost part of my livelihood due to this crap LL, but not too bad. I was laid off in March 2020 from my job at an oilfield service company because oil prices crashed, partly/mostly due to covid. Then I worked from May-July for an industrial contractor that was deemed "essential business." I spent the rest of the year doing side carpentry jobs. There were times that my buddies living on the unemployment tit were getting more $ a week than I was working, but I couldn't see myself doing it their way. The Lord blessed me with the ability to provide for myself and my family, and to me it's just a matter of maturity, character and honor to do so.

I'm not claiming to be innocent in all this-- I received the stimulii, an oversized tax "refund", and as a matter of fact I just went back to work for my old boss who got a PPP loan. smile There's still not much oilfield work so he's using it to get shop projects done. Really I went back to help him out, as I'm taking a pay cut from my private jobs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have assistance available when people really need it. I'm just disappointed in how far we've gone as a culture from the old days when there was personal pride in achievement and self-reliance. When a man would do everything in his power to avoid needing a handout, rather than doing everything he can to get one. It saddens me.

We also all need to remember that the only reason for all this government assistance is because the governments of the world wrecked our economy in the first place because someone said the word "pandemic." Someone who ruins you and then offers to help isn't a good guy.

Re: PPP loans - 04/08/21 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by KenaiKid
Yes, I lost part of my livelihood due to this crap LL, but not too bad. I was laid off in March 2020 from my job at an oilfield service company because oil prices crashed, partly/mostly due to covid. Then I worked from May-July for an industrial contractor that was deemed "essential business." I spent the rest of the year doing side carpentry jobs. There were times that my buddies living on the unemployment tit were getting more $ a week than I was working, but I couldn't see myself doing it their way. The Lord blessed me with the ability to provide for myself and my family, and to me it's just a matter of maturity, character and honor to do so.

I'm not claiming to be innocent in all this-- I received the stimulii, an oversized tax "refund", and as a matter of fact I just went back to work for my old boss who got a PPP loan. smile There's still not much oilfield work so he's using it to get shop projects done. Really I went back to help him out, as I'm taking a pay cut from my private jobs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have assistance available when people really need it. I'm just disappointed in how far we've gone as a culture from the old days when there was personal pride in achievement and self-reliance. When a man would do everything in his power to avoid needing a handout, rather than doing everything he can to get one. It saddens me.

We also all need to remember that the only reason for all this government assistance is because the governments of the world wrecked our economy in the first place because someone said the word "pandemic." Someone who ruins you and then offers to help isn't a good guy.

I agree. LLL
Posted By: Chancey

Re: PPP loans - 04/10/21 03:24 AM

Count me in as despicable and living off the government tit. I'm only 41, and have paid in over 20K annually to the IRS for the last 11 years. The harder I work, the more I get taxed. I did not apply for any of the PPP loans the first go around; as I am self sufficient, keep myself busy, and will make ends meet.....

After I paid in another 20K last month to .Gov, my tax lady said that I ought to think about this PPP as a 1% interest loan to buy equipment for this year. I thought I might can use it to grow my business, or pay for next year's taxes!

This world and our government is so screwed up, I'll be fine if the dollar fails. I have prepared, and I hope many of you have as well. For what it's worth, Thy Kingdom Come, I wish Jesus would hurry the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) up!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums