Home

Covid "One and done"

Posted By: J.Morse

Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 02:39 PM

My Bride and I had the Johnson & Johnson shot yesterday afternoon. We were lucky enough to have the nurse come right out to the truck so I didn't have to carry the Boss inside. She is the tougher of the two of us, but all the to and from the truck, etc. is hard on her. My wife hasn't had any sort of side effect that she can tell, but for a while last evening I was nauseated, and had muscle aches along with a fever and chills. It is all gone this a.m. Our micro chip is fully installed and I can feel my DNA morphing even as we speak.........hang on, I think I may be getting a signal from the Mother Ship!
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 02:55 PM

Immediate effects are not what I worry about. It's long term. I bet you voted for governor to.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
Immediate effects are not what I worry about. It's long term. I bet you voted for governor to.

you have to remember people in their "golden years" aren't worried about the long term side effects 20 years down the road 3 years is ling term panning when your older.

go easy on them , they want to see grandkids and enjoy the years they have left.
Posted By: corky

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

you have to remember people in their "golden years" aren't worried about the long term side effects 20 years down the road 3 years is ling term panning when your older.

go easy on them , they want to see grandkids and enjoy the years they have left.

Exactly. I am almost 70 and am on my 2nd pacemaker/defibrillator. Long term is next month LOL. I got the shot. If I was 30 in good health I would take my chances and wait.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 03:20 PM

Governor to What? ^^^
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 03:39 PM

I got the J&J shot weeks ago sore arm was all, I wonder how many of the tin hat clowns take meds with a list of side effects listed for them, some just seem to be a “side effect” themselves in life.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 04:02 PM

Good for you, J Morse! Wife and I are getting our second Pfizer shot today.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
I got the J&J shot weeks ago sore arm was all, I wonder how many of the tin hat clowns take meds with a list of side effects listed for them, some just seem to be a “side effect” themselves in life.

grin
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 04:14 PM

This one won't take an aspirin. Hope this helps abate your curiosity a little. But it's only a sample size of one.

It is starting to seem like the cool thing to do so you can talk about it and everyone can be proud of you. Bee one of the cool kids. Kind of reminds me of how proud folks are when gays come out of the closet. Well back when they stayed there. The left was so proud of how brave they were.

Just to be extra safe everyone getting the shots probably should get all 3 types. Just like wearing 2 or 3 mask.
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

Governor to What? ^^^

330, I believe Rusty meant to type "too" but misspelled it...
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 04:47 PM

I just went for the real thing and skipped the shots. I figured if I could get over covid, I didn't need an injection. I don't get a shot for flu, or cold, or poison ivy, or allergy either. I am a simple man and place my faith in my Creator. Just a simple man, trusting God. If I die, I see my reward sooner. But, I desire to live a long life and enjoy what God has created for me to enjoy! I am a simple man who believes God will reward me for a number of days I am promised of which no man knows. I am a simple man who believes my God knew about this weapon of satan before I was created. I am a simple man with faith my God has already won the battle.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 04:54 PM

Honestly Proidence Farm, I couldn't care less what you , or anyone else thinks of me, or whether or or not anybody is proud of me. Oh, by the way, there are members on here that are curious what, if any, side effects folks may come down with. My wife is the toughest person I have ever met. She has had all manner of terrible things go wrong with her health over the 45+ years we have been together. She has beat cancer not once, but twice, and is currently fighting Primary Progressive MS tooth and nail. She is basically paralized below the neck from this crap and lives from day to day fighting for no other reason than to spend just one more day with her grandbabies. A common cold could easily turn fatal for her. Her doctor recommended she get the vaccine and that is good enough for me, and don't know how this thread somehow has mistakenly painted my Bride and I as liberals. As for your snippy smartass remarks, you and the rest of your tinfoil hat buddies can kiss my fat proud (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman).

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 04:59 PM

Nothing about being cool it’s amazing how butt hurt the ones that don’t get the shots have such a need to find ways to put down those that do get the shots and refuse to to see this, so what they do think they “see” means so little when they do point it out. Most that say they got the shot point out the side effects or lack of them when the anti shot crowd makes claims predictions based on nothing.

1 person dies 2 days after getting a shot it’s oh my God time, thousands die everyday and not a peep about that. LOL Give me a break!

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
You're good JM. If I were your age and my wife were in the same condition I would not have hesitated to have done the same thing if I were in your shoes. Conditions dictate necessity.

I hope your wife gets some relief and gets to see those grandkids every day.

She’s heading up in May to see them so she’s pumped, thanks.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:03 PM

Ok my 2 cents worth My wife is 60 type I diabetic for 43 years NO Complications from that she gets her second one Monday of moderna. I was told to wait on mine until 6 weeks after surgery. I AM SO TIRED of hearing people on here , in public use the excuse "I'm not taking it because I don't know whats in it? " Really do you even know whats in the bologna you ate for supper. Ok whats in the shot you got for the flu ? Whats in the shot you took because you felt bad with bronchitis? YOU DON"T KNOW !!! So shut the heck up about people that feel ok with taking it. AS YOU like to point out this is AMERICA ! Freedom of choice . Take it or don't but shut the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) up about someone that does. !!!! One thing is for sure IF you don't take it and catch the rona and or give it to a loved one and it kills them you will be wishing you had !!!!
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by J.Morse
Honestly Proidence Farm, I couldn't care less what you , or anyone else thinks of me, or whether or or not anybody is proud of me. Oh, by the way, there are members on here that are curious what, if any, side effects folks may come down with. My wife is the toughest person I have ever met. She has had all manner of terrible things go wrong with her health over the 45+ years we have been together. She has beat cancer not once, but twice, and is currently fighting Primary Progressive MS tooth and nail. She is basically paralized below the neck from this crap and lives from day to day fighting for no other reason than to spend just one more day with her grandbabies. A common cold could easily turn fatal for her. Her doctor recommended she get the vaccine and that is good enough for me, and don't know how this thread somehow has mistakenly painted my Bride and I as liberals. As for your snippy smartass remarks, you and the rest of your tinfoil hat buddies can kiss my fat proud (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman).

I hate to be the bearer of bad news BUT u knowingly posted on a topic that is a bit controversial and even added a good amount of sarcasm aimed at those that don't have the same view as you then get all bent out of shape when someone posts anything opposed to your view. Ive learned if you are going to stir the pot one should put on their big boy britches and not be so sensitive. Sorry to her about the health issues of your bride and admire her inner strength.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:05 PM

You're good JM. If I were your age and my wife were in the same condition I would not have hesitated to have done the same thing if I were in your shoes. Conditions dictate necessity.

I hope your wife gets some relief and gets to see those grandkids every day.

Thank you Bowhunter.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:08 PM

Good for you !! AMEN. Prayers to you and your wife. !! MS can be a mystery and a dreadful disease. Praying for a relapse soon. Good friend of mine had it and was in similar shape. Called me one day said come over. I pulled in to drive and he RAN out to the car carrying a shotgun ! Said take me to a field I'm killing something because in the morning I may not walk again !!!

Yes he shot a few starlings and back home exahasted but smiling from ear to ear !!!!

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

I hate to be the bearer of bad news BUT u knowingly posted on a topic that is a bit controversial and even added a good amount of sarcasm aimed at those that don't have the same view as you then get all bent out of shape when someone posts anything opposed to your view. Ive learned if you are going to stir the pot one should put on their big boy britches and not be so sensitive. Sorry to her about the health issues of your bride and admire her inner strength.

Think sprung took the first jab with the Gov comment.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:12 PM

Really? Hate to disappoint you dipshit, but I did not vote for Whitmer, and what the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) does that have to do with my little tongue-in-cheek thread? Go back to bed, and this time get up on the right side without your aluminium foil hat on.

You're right, I am crabby today. I don't wear a tin hat, but your head is burried in the sand. Not from this thread, but another one.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:14 PM

I have my J&J "one and done" scheduled for tomorrow. Don't consider myself a trader to America for getting the shot - although I realize a lot of Americans see it that way.

I waited until the J&J was available because it's old technology. Works like the vaccinations we've been getting for decades. The Moderna and Phizer shots are a new technology. I want them to be around for a while before I get them. But, I'm fine with anyone who decided to get one of those. Everybody gets to determine their own level of risk.

I haven't been especially afraid of covid. I don't wear a mask unless I'm in a place where it's required. But I'm 50 with high blood pressure and diabetes. I figure the any risks with this vaccine are probably less than the risks of getting covid.

My apologies to America if I've disparaged it in some way.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:16 PM

Thats enough, I am now out of Jiffy Pop and have chores to do, so everyone have a wonderful day............

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:31 PM

You're right, I am crabby today. I don't wear a tin hat, but your head is burried in the sand. Not from this thread, but another one. [/quote]

I am equally grumpy, and also quite dense, so you will have to elaborate as to why I'm getting sand in my eyes and which thread you hint at.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:34 PM

You can bet down the road that if the talking heads are wrong you will never hear them admit in the future.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:52 PM

I like all of you fellow trappers. Unfortunately, Covid just separates us more, just like politics. This situation we are all in is terrible and I think we all agree on that. Sorry for ruffling any feathers. I take accountability for things I say and shouldn't. Weather we agree or not on this vax, I wish everyone the best of luck. We need it now. I'm ready to get back to normalcy.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 05:56 PM

My Bride and I had the Johnson & Johnson shot yesterday afternoon. We were lucky enough to have the nurse come right out to the truck so I didn't have to carry the Boss inside. She is the tougher of the two of us, but all the to and from the truck, etc. is hard on her. My wife hasn't had any sort of side effect that she can tell, but for a while last evening I was nauseated, and had muscle aches along with a fever and chills. It is all gone this a.m. Our micro chip is fully installed and I can feel my DNA morphing even as we speak.........hang on, I think I may be getting a signal from the Mother Ship!

I think they just shut down a place in Colorado that was serving J&J because of all the adverse reactions.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/covid-vaccine-site-closes-early-after-adverse-reactions-to-jj-shot/

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 06:06 PM

Human error most likely again?
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 06:15 PM

hope all goes well for you and your wife J MORSE , we got our shot as per doctors recommendation, smile
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/08/21 07:47 PM

J.Morse the best to your wife, hope all goes well.

I just had the J&J this morning with 0 effects so far.

My neighbor whom is 76 made his stand against any vaccination very clear. Unfortunately, today finds him on a ventilator fighting for his life.

WS
Posted By: asphalttrapper

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 12:29 AM

My thoughts exactly.
Posted By: asphalttrapper

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 12:33 AM

I don't take any meds and I strive to keep myself healthy and use natural methods in any sickness I encounter. I take several supplements per day and stay active.

I wonder if those meds you refer to that people are taking have been on the market for less than a year and are authorized on emergency authorization only?

You want to compare apples to apples, right?

Are those supplements you take FDA approved or even regulated ?
Posted By: eric space

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 12:42 AM

I hope the vaccine works for all who chose to receive it. Just please be aware that nothing is 100% effective. Yesterday we buried my cousin's husband, he died from the virus on Good Friday. It was 2 weeks after he received his second shot. Chris was 59.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 12:44 AM

I wonder what the side effects will be in a few years after taking these experimental injections every 6 months including " updated" and " new and improved " booster injections to fight all the mutated variants ?

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by eric space
I hope the vaccine works for all who chose to receive it. Just please be aware that nothing is 100% effective. Yesterday we buried my cousin's husband, he died from the virus on Good Friday. It was 2 weeks after he received his second shot. Chris was 59.

That sux , sorry for your loss man
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 01:48 AM

"My body my choice!!"

But I still asked my Dr. whistle
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 03:25 AM

If ya want it take it fine with me, but don't wave it in my face, I don't go around saying I don't want to take it , and I'm not, so don't drop stuff on me like, well you might think other wise if you don't, as I don't say nothing to no one who takes it, I should get the same respect back !

As far I know we still are pretty free when it comes to our own body systems !!
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 03:54 AM

Grit,I think if you read any posts on covid or the vaccines on this forum,you will find those that have taken or considered taking the vaccine--are hammered on here by those who are opposed to the vaccine. While I have never said anything against those that don't want it, the opposite cannot be said,because I am one that is getting the vaccine.
Tom
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 04:03 AM

Bog yes, I've read that and always hesitate to reply for fear of setting off a fire storm, just saying that we should respect each others wish's with what we choose to do with our own health, regardless of prior conjecture of studies or new ideas.

There is enough negative in this country already with out causing it over such absurd things as telling others they are less than another because of what they choose to do do to take care of them selves, it's of no concern to others, unless it's apparently harming them, thats not even proven in this case, there is so much theory going on about this virus, it will be years before any data can be really assumed factual IMO !!

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Grit,I think if you read any posts on covid or the vaccines on this forum,you will find those that have taken or considered taking the vaccine--are hammered on here by those who are opposed to the vaccine. While I have never said anything against those that don't want it, the opposite cannot be said,because I am one that is getting the vaccine.
Tom

I'm pretty sure no one here cares if you got vaccinated
Posted By: Boco

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 04:19 AM

I do,I'm glad Tom and his missus got vaccinated.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Tom

I'm pretty sure no one here cares if you got vaccinated

You must have reading comprehension issues then or only see what you want to see!
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 04:20 AM

Huh....
disregard and blatant sharp tongue from exactly where I would expect it from.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 04:23 AM

Firstly, I'm not taking it, at least not yet. My mom asked me about and I said if I were in my 70s I would take it. My 18 year old daughter asked me about it as they are pressuring her at college, at least her peers are, I said your an adult but I wouldn't as an 18 year old healthy athlete.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 04:26 AM

I have no issues with who will or will not get it, free choice a 100% that persons choice.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 04:49 AM

AntiGov.if no one cares if I get the vaccine,why Have I and others been called names and disrespected many times?? I have stated before we are all trappers(I am starting to wonder if that is really the case on here) and need to stick together, taking shots at trappers who do not think the same as you on the vaccine--hurts us all.
Can you imagine the glee,any anti-trapper must feel,when they read what is being written on some of these posts??
Get my second Moderna vaccine in 9 hours.
Tom
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
Don't consider myself a trader (traitor) to America for getting the shot - although I realize a lot of Americans see it that way.

I completely disagree with the above statement. I am very doubtful anyone feels a person getting the shot is a traitor. From the various sources of news and opinions I see/hear it is those who DON'T get the shot that many Americans feel are traitors!

I'm a healthy, mostly, 64 year old. I don't get sick. Last time I had any noticeable effects from a virus was Nov. 2002 I think. I am going to try and avoid getting a covid vaccine as long as possible. However, I suspect that sooner or later, something I want to do, like drive thru Canada, will require a vaccine. Will be leaning towards the J&J when that time comes.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 12:40 PM

I believe people that post they have gotten the shots is to inject some fact into the ongoing issue it has nothing to do with bragging in fact look what it will often get you for posting such a fact. LOL I think the J&J shot list the least side effects you would think that would be helpful maybe that’s all people were ever trying to do is help out others.
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 12:57 PM

J Morse, My son and I received the J&J vaccine on March 7th. I have never had any side effects. My son had a slight fever and chills the very first day, woke up the next day fine and hasn't had any thing since. It was awesome they came out to your truck for you and your wife.
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
I have my J&J "one and done" scheduled for tomorrow. Don't consider myself a trader to America for getting the shot - although I realize a lot of Americans see it that way.

The only traders are the leftists in office at this time.

Our President Donald J. Trump was able to get these vaccines to the people as soon as possible through Operation Warp Speed, he and the people involved have my admiration and gratitude.

God please... bless America again.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by eric space

Sorry for your loss. Do you know if the doctors gave him ivermectin initially ? Was cause of death complications from the vaccine, or the virus ?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tailhunter

I think they just shut down a place in Colorado that was serving J&J because of all the adverse reactions.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/covid-vaccine-site-closes-early-after-adverse-reactions-to-jj-shot/

"Adverse side affects " but they won't list them publicly.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 02:08 PM

I don't take any meds and I strive to keep myself healthy and use natural methods in any sickness I encounter. I take several supplements per day and stay active.

I wonder if those meds you refer to that people are taking have been on the market for less than a year and are authorized on emergency authorization only?

You want to compare apples to apples, right?
[/quote]
Are those supplements you take FDA approved or even regulated ? [/quote]

Not all supliments are purchased a GNC. You can supplement naturally as well. Liver for iron and orange juice for vitamin C for example. He never said what he supliments with.

Funny how people feel like things need to be approved and regulated. Often those same people cry and wine about the government and regulations in other areas.

One things for sure to me from what I'm seeing. The shots positive effects if any are very minor. People in my life in the extreme high risk category that got covid are fine with no shot.
The long term effects of the shot are unknown and have no recourse if they are bad. The same government and media that lied and Fought Trump for 4 years tooth and nail are pushing it like no tomorrow.

Either you trust the government, media, big pharma or don't. Dose the math ie death rates, case #, ect add up?

500k died from covid but less people died last year than the year before. This despite the increase in our aging population. If this alone is not enough for people to question and pause nothing is.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 02:21 PM

Who’s dying today is it the vaccine folks or the ones not getting the shots? It seems the older folks have been doing better and younger folks are the ones getting it now so they are saying. We will know more in the next 6 months as to why most likely we will see.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 02:30 PM

Who’s dying today is it the vaccine folks or the ones not getting the shots? It seems the older folks have been doing better and younger folks are the ones getting it now so they are saying. We will know more in the next 6 months as to why most likely we will see.

PLUS another stat people aren't pushing on here is the stats that it is on the rise are the young people. THOSE who aren't eligible yet to get it OR they have the superman complex(like some on here) and refuse to take it. !!!!
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 02:35 PM

Wife had a headache for a couple days. She was told that side effects are a sign that your immune system is firing as it should. Take it as a good sign.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

PLUS another stat people aren't pushing on here is the stats that it is on the rise are the young people. THOSE who aren't eligible yet to get it OR they have the superman complex(like some on here) and refuse to take it. !!!!

Or it could be the older vulnerable have died already. Reduction of cases makes sense now that so many have had it and have naturally immunity. Ofcourse the shots will get the credit for reduction in cases.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

I am too. My wife, myself and daughter (who had a heart valve replacement) had our 1st dose of Pfizer vaccine yesterday.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 03:39 PM

Does not explain the increase in younger people cases that is on the rise.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 03:54 PM

Does not explain the increase in younger people cases that is on the rise.

They are in the "group" that can't get vaccinated yet. So you are saying the group of people that haven't been allowed to get the shot , cases are rising among them, but that isn't a factor ? THE latest stat (who knows) says 78 % of new cases are among ages 13-35. That's young when your my aga LOL.

Providence just look to your neighbor Michigan tell them cases are going down !!!!

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 04:41 PM

The sky isn't falling, Bodies are not piled in the streets, and the fix of doing something is worse than the virus.

But that's not what you see and hear on tv so it must not be true despite what you can see if you look around and use your critical thinking skills.

Like with gun control guys. The bump stocks were no big deal. More keeps coming.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 04:45 PM

How is it worse just how are you coming to that conclusion really? It’s easy to believe what you want to hear and discount what you don’t want to believe in it makes you 100% right all of the time. Like you say the sky is not falling, yet the ones getting the shots are doing better then the ones not getting them. The older population is doing better as they were a priority to get the shots but it must because the weak ones just died off. LOL

Younger folks are dying from it now but yet it’s not a real problem really. Do I trust the Government numbers heck no but I trust you even less based on that easy thinking pattern. Thousands die a day many would of anyways yes but thousand would not of and it’s no big deal, some rumor of a single person possibly dying from a shot and that 1 person is big news get real.
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 05:12 PM

Looks like all the Covid-19 vaccines can cause blood clots.

In an official statement, Johnson & Johnson said that the company is “aware” that there have been thromboembolic events (blood clots) “reported with all Covid-19 vaccines.”

“Our close tracking of side effects has revealed a small number of very rare events following vaccination. At present, no clear causal relationship has been established between these rare events and the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine,” the statement released on Friday said.
J&J said that it is working closely with experts and regulators to take a closer look at the data.

The company said people who get the Covid-19 vaccine and experience any severe symptoms should seek medical assistance immediately.

Symptoms could include shortness of breath, chest pain, swelling in the leg, persistent belly pain, neurological symptoms, excessive or easy bruising, or tiny blood spots under the skin beyond the site of injection.

Earlier this morning, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said it is reviewing possible links between Johnson & Johnson’s Covid-19 vaccine and blood clots.

EMA said there were reports of four serious cases of people who had developed blood clots after they got the vaccine. It is unclear if the clots are connected to the vaccine or related to some other medical issue.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 05:34 PM

The benefits need to out weigh the risks for that person just watch any commercial on TV it’s 5 seconds of the good it can do you and 55 seconds of how it might kill you.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 08:35 PM

Noone has contact me about a shot, I heard others get letters in mail, not been sick in way over year bad, after all this time, I guess not worry about shot as if was gonna get covid by now I had it or probly already did an not now had it

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Noone has contact me about a shot, I heard others get letters in mail, not been sick in way over year bad, after all this time, I guess not worry about shot as if was gonna get covid by now I had it or probly already did an not now had it

Call your county health nurse or local hospitals ask if there is a fee or not.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 08:54 PM

Dave,no one is going to call you out of the blue. Do as Law Dog said,call around or use your computer. Just because you haven,t gotten sick ,doesn't mean you are free and clear.
Do it now,You don't want to miss next years trapping season. Prospect for some answers.
Tom
Posted By: RWdogline

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 09:39 PM

Ive never taken a med or vaccine not FDA approved. With the Gates foundation having their hands in this? to each his own, but no thanks. I had covid and I will just deal with that every so often
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 09:47 PM

Also kinda scare new shot, wait an see happen ppl months from now got it ? Someone else say the shots bs an hardly none around, all made up on news from Dems to sound good, I really think this mask deal an covid lot bs, not sure believe in it, I have no idea how go survive work when warm mask, I can't breathe

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 09:54 PM

How is it worse just how are you coming to that conclusion really? It’s easy to believe what you want to hear and discount what you don’t want to believe in it makes you 100% right all of the time. Like you say the sky is not falling, yet the ones getting the shots are doing better then the ones not getting them. The older population is doing better as they were a priority to get the shots but it must because the weak ones just died off. LOL

Younger folks are dying from it now but yet it’s not a real problem really. Do I trust the Government numbers heck no but I trust you even less based on that easy thinking pattern. Thousands die a day many would of anyways yes but thousand would not of and it’s no big deal, some rumor of a single person possibly dying from a shot and that 1 person is big news get real.

Yes proof is NURSING home cases here in Ky are aomost completely gone!!!

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 09:58 PM

Hey I got a stat More people that DIDN"T get the shot are dead than those dying from taking it !!!!!!!!

BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 10:05 PM

Dave,its your decision concerning the vaccine. Do a search on --availability of covid vaccines in Iowa. You can get a county by county answer on where and when they are available.
Tom
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 11:21 PM

My wife and I got the J&J shot this morning at 9:30 in Boscobel WI and the Gunderson clinic. We were sent emails on it through our Gunderson insurance of where and when it was available and they were the closest. Her and I talked about it before and weren't sure if we were going to get it or not as both of us are healthy and very rarely get sick, I haven't missed a day of work since Dec. 26th 2004. Ultimately we decided on getting it. We take trips every year and usually fly so there was that for a reason. The clinics or pharmacies evidently don't have a choice in which one they'll receive. They got the J&J this time.

I don't care if someone gets a vaccine or not and they shouldn't care if someone else does. It's a personal decision and I'll say flat out we were in the camp for not doing it as there are some unknowns. Here is something though that did come into play for me. At my workplace there have been a few that had Covid, All have came through it with ease except for 1 and that 1 scares me. She is 50 years old and it hit her like a hammer. She contracted it in October and just made it back to work about a month ago. She wound up in a coma on a ventilator at Gunderson in La Crosse. She also was in and out the hospital with pneumonia a few times afterwards. She's on the mend now and last week didn't bring her oxygen with her to work so things are looking up for her. What her long term effects will be are unknown.

Bottom line is do what you want once again it's your choice.

BTW Coonman, most pharmacies have the vaccine but you'll need to confirm that and make an appointment first. There are a lot of places in Dubuque county that you can get it at if you choose to.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/09/21 11:30 PM

Like I had mentioned in a previous thread some time ago, my SIL had it a year ago March and still has lung problems. And she is quite a bit younger than I.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/10/21 12:23 AM

For the record. Most of you know I'm not for this shot. I feel with my age and health I don't need it. I'm not picking on those that want it or have gotten it. If I were older, my tune might be different. Sometimes we don't realize the age of some of our fellow trappernen when we post things or why they feel the way they do. Sorry if I offended anyone. I do wear a tin foil hat. Haha, because I think this bug was released on purpose and this "vaccine" does worry me a bit.
Posted By: Cameron Kelsey

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

I agree. Glad Tom and his wife got the shot.
Posted By: Cameron Kelsey

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 02:25 PM

Got my second Moderna shot this past Monday. Both shots gave me some reactions...headache, chills (felt like I was sitting in a freezer), fatigue, stiffness/soreness in my arm, and a touch of fever with shot number 2. Each time I was back to feeling normal in under 48 hours.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 03:13 PM

Received second Moderna shot 11 days ago. No side effects (yet). At 74, I am less concerned about future side effects than possibly getting seriously ill from the Covid. All these drugs are called experimental, so who knows what side effects, if any, will occur in the future. If I was under 50, I would not have taken any of the shots.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 03:19 PM

I still feel great even after NOT getting the government injections . No side effects ........ grin

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Received second Moderna shot 11 days ago. No side effects (yet). At 74, I am less concerned about future side effects than possibly getting seriously ill from the Covid. All these drugs are called experimental, so who knows what side effects, if any, will occur in the future. If I was under 50, I would not have taken any of the shots.

I heard the speed to the manufacture of the drugs was partially some information was already known and piggy backed from what they learned from sars and h1n1. Also since it was world wide, funding wasn't a waiting issue. So it's not necessarily experimental or not completely.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 03:40 PM

I had very little reaction to my second shot.Just a sore arm at site injection spot,been 48 hours ,no swelling,no redness--just a bit sore.
Tom

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 06:15 PM

Still nothing from the J&J shot last month not a darn thing just a fact some cannot handle.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 07:20 PM

Still nothing from the J&J shot last month not a darn thing just a fact some cannot handle.

Are you saying you haven't had any side effects , or are you saying you haven't gotten any protection from covid ?

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 07:51 PM

Are you saying you haven't had any side effects , or are you saying you haven't gotten any protection from covid ?

Only you could answer that for a guy that says it does not bother you it seems you just cannot let it go! LMAO I forgot facts are bragging but constant reminders are OK you won’t get it.
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 07:52 PM

I still feel great even after NOT getting the government injections . No side effects ........ grin

grin laugh smile
Posted By: D.T.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 07:55 PM

Ross. Can you elaborate. Age? Pre existing conditions? Obese?

Heres my anecdotal correlation. My 81yr old father got covid. And didnt die.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 07:59 PM

Case studies are not strong evidence of medical risk/benefit or medical fact.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/11/21 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June

They don’t need no studies that would just muddy the waters, just make up what they can and discount anything they don’t want to hear you can’t lose that way. LOL
Posted By: MJM

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/12/21 12:06 AM

ATLANTA (WJW) — Georgia has reportedly become the third state to shut down a vaccination site using the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine due to adverse reactions.
The Georgia Department of Public Health confirmed to FOX 5 that eight people experienced adverse reactions on Wednesday after receiving the shot.
FOX 5 reports that one person was hospitalized for evaluation, while the other seven were sent home after being monitored on site.
Health officials say the adverse reactions were “consistent with common reactions in adults being vaccinated with any vaccine,” according to the news outlet. The department allegedly stopped administering the Johnson & Johnson shot at the Cumming Fairground vaccination site due to the number of reactions.
Georgia’s shut down comes as health officials in Colorado and North Carolina also halted use of the Johnson & Johnson shot at some vaccination sites.
A mass vaccination site in Colorado closed early on Wednesday afternoon after 11 people experienced adverse reactions to the shot.
North Carolina officials announced Thursday that at least 26 people experienced adverse reactions, including fainting, to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Officials say they stopped administering doses of the shot at a mass vaccination site in Raleigh and at clinics in Hillsborough and Chapel Hill.
Meanwhile, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says it is aware that some people have experienced adverse reactions. The organization noted that reactions like fainting are not uncommon after someone is vaccinated. The CDC is working with state and local officials to evaluate the issues and has performed vaccine lot analyses and not found reasons for concern. The organization says it is not telling health departments to stop vaccinations.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/12/21 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mark June

They don’t need no studies that would just muddy the waters, just make up what they can and discount anything they don’t want to hear you can’t lose that way. LOL

Got to remember - this goes both ways.

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/12/21 01:32 AM

But it’s not doing that!
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/12/21 01:40 AM

I’m so proud of you. Way to go !!!

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/12/21 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tailhunter

G

I’m so proud of you. Way to go !!!

Thank you bless your kind heart. wink

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/13/21 01:54 AM

And for those of you who want to feel extra safe. Here you go. I saw today they have a third shot you can get too.
Pentagon researchers have created a sensor that can detect a COVID-19 infection in the blood.

The sensor, which is in late-stage testing, was unveiled by retired Colonel Matt Hepburn, an army infectious disease physician, during a segment of “60 Minutes” Sunday night.

The subdermal implant is reportedly a “tissue-like gel” that was engineered to continuously test the wearer’s blood.

“That tiny green thing in there, you put it underneath your skin and what that tells you is that there are chemical reactions going on inside the body and that signal means you are going to have symptoms tomorrow,” Hepburn told Bill Whitaker of “60 Minutes.”

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/13/21 02:14 AM

That all seems pretty routine cry
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/13/21 04:00 AM

https://www.deconstructingconventio...54pEzSCWEOLcOVz5ne3UU1yNKNtPLs4KXhNwCp0U
Posted By: ksp107

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/13/21 02:08 PM

If you want to get a shot, more power to you.

If you dont want to get a shot more power to you.

Ill treat you the same either way....

Months ago it was all about the election, today its whether you got a shot or not.... Good points on both side, make your own decision and go with it...

Im 50 and in great health, im passing..
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/13/21 02:48 PM

CDC and FDA now recommending pausing administration of J&j/Jansen vaccine due to blood clotting issues, known issue with spike proteins
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/13/21 02:51 PM

Official fact sheet for the JJ shot does not mention blood clotting as a side effect

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/13/21 03:20 PM

I'm still wondering, I mean deep pondering, how it could be that the entire world, virtually every nation, every tongue, every tribe, and every politic, responded in virtually the same manner to the great Covid.

Nothing of this nature and no "thing" up to this point in human history has ever had such an impact on humanity.
Nothing.

Perhaps the world was ready for a great Covid?
Or if not this one, then the next one?

Time will tell we're told.

Blessings,
Mark

Posted By: jabNE

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/13/21 04:45 PM

Got first Pfizer shot a week ago. Will get 2nd in couple weeks.
My oncologist recommended getting it since my immune system is down a bit now.
Jim

Re: Covid "One and done" - 04/14/21 01:38 AM

56,869 Covid-19 Vaccine Reports to VAERS
(Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting)
Reports Through April 2, 2021*
• 2342 DEATHS
• 4972 HOSPITALIZATIONS
• 8975 URGENT CARE
• 8744 OFFICE VISITS
• 412 ANAPHYLAXIS
• 460 BELL'S PALSY