Home

Gun kits with no serial number???

Posted By: Gary Benson

Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 04:03 PM

Democrats babbling about EOs concerning outlawing gun kits that can be bought that can be assembled in 30 minutes that have no serial numbers? Are these available? I'm not aware of them.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 04:06 PM

Did you really think a democrat on tv knew what they were talking about when it comes to guns?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 04:10 PM

Some handguns can be put together in an hour.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 04:11 PM

They're called 80%. They are hard to get your hands on right now. I assure you it takes way longer than 30 minutes to do one. You don't need a mill it can be inlet with a drill but it does take a little skill. I think if you really read the rules on them you will find that yes you can build a firearm for personal use. It does not need to be registered. If I'm not mistaken it does have to have a serial number of some kind inscribed on it but that serial number does not have to be recorded anywhere. I also believe that non of them have been used in any of the shootings so his EO is total BS but because it is a law he cannot legally restrict it. Shall not be infringed comes into play somewhere. I expect that all of them will be challenged and even though I like others have little faith in the supreme court they have generally stood on the side of the 2A even when it was a majority liberal.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 04:22 PM

Tons of them out there. 3D printer guns are the ones they are after.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 04:26 PM

Look up ghost guns and good luck finding one it’s just a 80% lower that comes with the tools to finish the guns.

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 04:27 PM

That's not what AMERICANS need to worry about BOBO said "NO AMENDMENT IN THE CONSTITUTION IS SAFE " from change !!!

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 04:32 PM

https://www.brownells.com/

Here you go all kinds of them.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
That's not what AMERICANS need to worry about BOBO said "NO AMENDMENT IN THE CONSTITUTION IS SAFE " from change !!!

I saw he said that" no amendment is absolute" they want the guns.

Sadly many will comply and line up. Many more will rat out their friends and family. Have any doubts how public opinion, lack of thinking, and behavior can easily be modified? Just look how easy people are controlled with a low death rate virus.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 04:38 PM

It's just silly. If you afford, or in the case of criminals steal, all the tools needed to either 3D print or finish a lower and buy all the rest of the components, you'd of been better off just buying(or again as a criminal steal) a used firearm.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 04:50 PM

Turk most everything you wrote is inaccurate
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 05:05 PM

I dont get the whole serial number thing.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 05:18 PM

They want serial numbers and a registry. so they can then later confiscate . Its like this is a first or even a semi new idea . Hitler did it, Stalin , Franco ,Mussolini and a bunch of others. Same playbook, different idiots.

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 05:21 PM

One would think that when the head thief said, that no amendment is absolute, it would wake a few folks up as to what is going on.

But I see a bunch of folks like this guy all over the place.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steve D

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 05:33 PM

I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised to see them ban ALL building kits which would include AR's and others.
When unknowledgeable people are making decisions and creating laws, everyone is going to suffer.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 06:31 PM

This stuff has been around for a while it seems a handful for people can change the lifestyles of 330 million people on a whim by playing word games.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 06:51 PM

I have one, I'm looking for a drill press to use
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 06:58 PM

Dang things have been around that I know of sense the late 80s, probably before that. It never was a problem until the talking heads started making it a problem. And no I have yet to see one that can be put together in 30 minutes.
An AR lower can be milled in 30 minutes according to one of the jig makers web page. I would expect it takes longer than that even with their fancy jig, and then you still need to put the gun together. Watched a video once of a guy building an AK from a kit. That took several hours of Utube and had some editing. I expect he spend well over a full work day on it and even cheated using a wilder instead of rivets. The glock style pistol appears to be the fastest to build and I have been told that one takes a good hour.
As someone above said, criminals will steal a gun long before taking the time to learn to and then build one. It would take a lot of specialized equipment the avg crackhead or criminal would most likely not have, not to mention a level of craftsmanship unseen in a crackhead.The numbers on that stolen gun won't do anymore good than the lack of on a blank receiver. This whole thing is an attempt to make it harder for law biding citizens to keep their guns and nothing to do with disarming criminals. Although I expect a lot of us will be criminals very soon according to the tyrannical govt.

"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Posted By: hippie

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 07:16 PM

I'd say we can say goodbye to building our own guns from now on also. They'll be lumped in with the 80% .
Posted By: MJM

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 07:46 PM

The same people that want to take your guns, to make everyone safe, want to to take a shot to make everyone safe. You know for the good of all.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 09:12 PM

After some research Danny you are correct. I stand corrected. I would have never realized they were so available and didn't need a serial number of any kind. It is good and bad as I didn't know the subject matter very well but now I'll have to buy a dozen.
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 09:45 PM

if you know what your doing, you can put an AR lower together in 20 minutes, how long does it take to put a lower in a jig, drill 2 holes and slap an upper on it? but my opinion is its none of the governments business, you do not need a serial number if you never sell it!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/09/21 10:35 PM

I need to learn how to do this.

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 12:45 AM

Good luck finding any 80% lowers at the moment. I been looking for a while now with no luck
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 12:58 AM

Uppers aren't much better. Or at least cheap enough to where you might as buy a complete gun.

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
if you know what your doing, you can put an AR lower together in 20 minutes, how long does it take to put a lower in a jig, drill 2 holes and slap an upper on it? but my opinion is its none of the governments business, you do not need a serial number if you never sell it!

You need to mill out the trigger pocket without messing something up then drill the 3 holes (trigger and hammer pins and safety). You will have about an hour in the milling if you take your time and be careful to not mess things up. Then if you are looking for a great fit you will mill it a bit small and polish in the sidewalls with a file so add a bit more time for being picky. After this is done you can put your lpk in in about 20 minutes more. And yes it is none of the govs business if you want to build one yourself. wink
Posted By: newtoga

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 01:48 AM

You can mill out a lower with a router. A friend told me that.:)

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by newtoga
You can mill out a lower with a router. A friend told me that.:)

I heard the same thing, was also told by a friend that there is a learning curve and you should take a little extra time to do a nice job. Friend said things can and will go wrong like the router jumping and causing a big gouge, or the depth gauge slipping and milling a mouse hole right out the bottom on you last pass, you know murphys law type stuff. whistle
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Good luck finding any 80% lowers at the moment. I been looking for a while now with no luck

Have you ever messed with the polymer lowers? Like Tennessee arms ?
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 03:01 AM

They were out there but who knows after the announcement.

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960

Technically you can sell a complete gun built with an 80 percent lower.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 03:11 AM

you can still buy 80% here is one with a jig but not the tooling , I have not tried this particular one

https://www.80-lower.com/products/hybrid-80-liberator-ar15-80-lower-and-jig/?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 03:20 AM

the router method works , it is slow , plan an afternoon , make small passes , use the 80% lowers jig

clean it out after every pass with a vacuum or compressed air

with the jig the router uses a bushing that rides the jig without damaging the jig

you get a satisfactory part in a couple hours

milling them the set up if your trying to get a good product is most of the work , the end mill used is rather ingenious , but an odd size

if you made a jig to hold the lower and made a zero point off of that , you could probably speed it up some , in machining figuring out how to hold something strait and true is the hard part

the level if finish is a lot of what takes more time

an hour might be if you had done a bunch of them or if you had a jig built for the mill.

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jacob W

https://jtactical.com/products/61

That's where I got mine
Posted By: Cletis Richards

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 08:56 PM

The resistence in WW2 found a way to make guns to be able to aquire the guns of their enemy they shot with said guns
Posted By: Hanger

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 10:52 PM

I just bought 2, didn’t read all the above comments. My brother in law has done 2 has about 600 in both of them (Glock style). What he ran into was to get it running good and cycling he had to buy a mix match of gen. Parts. So basically he had to buy numerous gen 2 and gen 3 kits. The springs where the biggest part is what he found out. His words was they are fun to build but it’s about the same as buying a Glock from the store. On the other hand my brother builds AR’s and can build one for around the same price 600 and usually sells them for about 1100.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/10/21 10:58 PM

Has anyone used a harbour freight milling vise on a drill press to do this . It looks like the ticket for those that would like somthing more exact than a router https://www.harborfreight.com/5-in-cross-slide-vise-64116.html
Posted By: cmj

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/11/21 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bigfoot
Has anyone used a harbour freight milling vise on a drill press to do this . It looks like the ticket for those that would like somthing more exact than a router https://www.harborfreight.com/5-in-cross-slide-vise-64116.html

Thats what I use. Not the greatest setup. But works. Take your time and drill as many holes as possible before you mill. I used a set of cheap end mill bits from ebay also.

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/11/21 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler

Have you ever messed with the polymer lowers? Like Tennessee arms ?

Get the lower with carbon in it
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/11/21 02:07 AM

You guys obviously don't know anything about guns!

If it has a serial number, it cannot be used to commit a crime.

You'd think a bunch of Trappers would be smarter than this.
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: Gun kits with no serial number??? - 04/11/21 02:29 AM

Not hard to get printed or metal just drill out a couple detach pin holes
© 2024 Trapperman Forums