Home

Need Current Gun Value-Winchester 94 .30-.30

Posted By: Moosetrot

Need Current Gun Value-Winchester 94 .30-.30 - 04/09/21 09:13 PM

Folks-I have recently acquired a Winchester Model 94 .30-.30. I got it from a guy who said his Dad had it in the closet...in its original box...and was told he did not think it was ever shot. He did clean and oil it so it looks good but I cannot verify if it was actually never shot. It has the manual but no other hang tags on it.

By the Serial number it dates to 1970.

I am planning on selling or trading it for something I need. I have tried to find a reasonable value on searches on the net but have been unsuccessful as just about every one I find is a high-priced collector model.

Any help on figuring out what it is worth would be appreciated.

I also picked up a J.C. Higgins 12 ga. Bolt action in beautiful condition. Looks like it from the 60's. I have a pretty fair idea on what to ask for that one.

Thanks!

Moosetrot
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Need Current Gun Value-Winchester 94 .30-.30 - 04/09/21 09:33 PM

I usually see what they’re going for in shops around the country at www.gunsamerica.com
Is the Higgins shotgun or rifle?
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Need Current Gun Value-Winchester 94 .30-.30 - 04/09/21 09:34 PM

If new in the box and perfect, maybe 550.

The bigger money comes from those prior to ‘64.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Need Current Gun Value-Winchester 94 .30-.30 - 04/09/21 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tailhunter
If new in the box and perfect, maybe 550.

The bigger money comes from those prior to ‘64.

I would have agreed with you last month, with the stimulus money just out, change that to about a grand, serious.
Posted By: Jags

Blue Book says $500 for 100% condition. $400 for 98% condition.

traprjohn-The J.C. Higgins is a bolt-action 12 ga. shotgun, Model 583-1101

Tailhunter-That is in the range I have been thinking, but wanted to check if things have changed recently.

Thanks, folks!

Moosetrot
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Need Current Gun Value-Winchester 94 .30-.30 - 04/09/21 09:41 PM

Sell the gun out right. Ask the most you think you can get out of it. Its a sellers market now. JMO
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Need Current Gun Value-Winchester 94 .30-.30 - 04/09/21 09:47 PM

Backroadsarcher is right,at least from what I've seen in my neck of the woods.I can't believe some of the prices I've seen on your more common ,used firearms,let alone one in the box and unused.Maybe it's a result of the stimulas,as already pointed out.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Need Current Gun Value-Winchester 94 .30-.30 - 04/09/21 10:24 PM

Se what they are selling for on Gunbroker.com that's about as close to current price as you will find anywhere.
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: Need Current Gun Value-Winchester 94 .30-.30 - 04/09/21 11:50 PM

Not that collectable to late of a manufacture pre 1964 different deal

Re: Need Current Gun Value-Winchester 94 .30-.30 - 04/10/21 12:12 AM

Here's my plan...I am going to a relatively small gun show tomorrow and taking both guns. While I really do not need to sell either of them, I am going to carry them both in. I'm putting a "sell it now" price on the J.C. Higgins as I don't want to carry it around and unless a collector may want it, it is not a desirable gun. I will put a relatively high price on the Winchester and if somebody wants to pay it, it's gone. Or, if I see a gun I can't go through life without, it will be a great trade item. My wonderful wife is trying to get me to hang onto the Winchester,, believe it or not.

I used to do this show many years ago as a dealer, and it usually stunk, but at least it's a good reason to get out and about. In any case, it will be a fun day.

The gun show world has certainly changed. By this time I would have done at least 4 of them as a dealer of sporting antiques. Been pretty slim pickings the last year or so.

Thanks for all the advice, folks!

Moosetrot
© 2024 Trapperman Forums