Home

Back Surgery AGAIN

Posted By: LDW

Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/10/21 04:31 PM

I found out yesterday that I'm going in for my 6th back surgery. They are going to fuse my spine from tailbone to base of neck. Plus have to have another surgery to fuse 1 level in my neck. Doc says it will be 16 to 18 hour surgery. He is putting together a team of surgeons and nurses to help. Out of the hundreds they do yearly, they on do 1 or 2 of these. Guess I will have the summer off. It's good timing when I have a lawn mowing business, but I think I have a high school kid hired. As long as I'm recovered in time for trapping season.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/10/21 06:11 PM

Good luck. I wonder what causes such back issues.

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/10/21 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by AJE

Not using my head when I was younger. Bulletproof. Lol
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/10/21 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by LDW
Originally Posted by AJE

Not using my head when I was younger. Bulletproof. Lol

Too bad,

Prayers
Posted By: Davexx1

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/10/21 09:56 PM

Good luck. Hopefully they can get you fixed up or make some improvement.

Dave
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/11/21 02:23 PM

My friend had two fusions done, I think tobacco hurts the disks

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/11/21 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical.20

No tobacco for me, but yes you are correct. When Doc asked any questions, that's usually the first one asked.
Posted By: charles

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/11/21 11:47 PM

That is terrible. Pain meds plug up our bowls and leave us more uncomfortable than pre-surgery.

Good luck.
Posted By: sotired

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/12/21 01:43 PM

Hang in there Larry. Maybe more camping and less lifting!!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/12/21 02:36 PM

Oh crap, Larry! I've never heard of fusing them all the way. You may have to go to just snares, Gary Jepson once told me with a wink and sparkle in his eye, "snares are the greatest old man trappin tool there is", and I agree! Best of luck through this, it sounds like it's gonna be a rough one! Will pray the surgeon's hand be guided by the Lord!

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/12/21 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Oh crap, Larry! I've never heard of fusing them all the way. You may have to go to just snares, Gary Jepson once told me with a wink and sparkle in his eye, "snares are the greatest old man trappin tool there is", and I agree! Best of luck through this, it sounds like it's gonna be a rough one! Will pray the surgeon's hand be guided by the Lord!

Lee, I caught an old male dog this morning for a cowman. Just set the traps yesterday and had him by both front feet. He was not happy to see me. Might have to learn to be a better snare man.

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/12/21 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by sotired
Hang in there Larry. Maybe more camping and less lifting!!

Dan, I think I'm going to get a lot of camping in this summer. Sounds like 4 or 5 month recovery.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/12/21 10:00 PM

will be praying all goes well
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/12/21 11:05 PM

I had 3 surgeries ending in a single fusion 3 years ago. Take care and walk a lot! Praying for a successful surgery.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/13/21 10:00 AM

sent with prayer!
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/13/21 12:57 PM

I've seen too many complications and problems with back/neck surgery. I have always said they'll have to carry me to the operating table if I'm going to have either of those. I've seen many more bad outcomes over good outcomes.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/13/21 01:00 PM

Is it ok if I was cringing as I read your post Larry.
Mm. Mm. Mm.

Let's trust this one is the last one.
Mm. Mm. Mm.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/13/21 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan
I've seen too many complications and problems with back/neck surgery. I have always said they'll have to carry me to the operating table if I'm going to have either of those. I've seen many more bad outcomes over good outcomes.

Wade, I'm just about to that point now. Losing all the strength in my left leg as well as my left arm. Can only walk with the use of a cane and just barely getting around with it.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Back Surgery AGAIN - 04/13/21 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by LDW
Originally Posted by Tactical.20

No tobacco for me, but yes you are correct. When Doc asked any questions, that's usually the first one asked.

He chews a lot, hes allergic to pain meds, so it's very painful
Sounds like Sheepdog has had a lot of back surgeries
© 2024 Trapperman Forums