Home

How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights?

Posted By: T-Rex

How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 12:10 AM

My carry permit expires in early May. I finally got into a required class needed for the permit. I wanted to make sure I had enough time for the Sheriff to take his 30 day processing time to issue the renewal.

Well, the rules have changed. The Sheriff still needs to issue or reject within a 30 day window. BUT: Now I need to make an appointment to submit my application. My appointment is a full month after my current permit expires. Not only is the current permit not active during that time; I need to pay the price of a new permit and a late fee.
That 30 day processing window only starts from the day of my appointment.

Our new gay liberal Hennepin county Sheriff sucks.
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 12:16 AM

Dang it man, don't ask questions like that. They will take it as a challenge. eek
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 12:23 AM

Move on down to Tennessee, our governor signed the Constitutional Carry bill into law last week. No permit required for open or concealed carry 21 and older.
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 12:27 AM

T Rex you have not been on the ball. Should have been done before it was due
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 12:38 AM

Every tool they get they turn into a weapon just say NO!
Posted By: Nate L

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 12:59 AM

I had the same issue in Ramsey county last fall with the appointments to turn in your application months out. I found out that they have cancellations that you can get if you call and ask. I called the week after making my appointment and got an appointment for later that week. My brother had the same issue a month later and he called the next week and got an earlier appointment. My advice is to call mid morning early in the week and be cordial on the phone.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 01:03 AM

To answer your original question.

As many as we let them
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by sweetwilliam
T Rex you have not been on the ball. Should have been done before it was due

Really? It's asinine that its required at all.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 01:33 AM

Really? It's asinine that its required at all.

The people you may have to defend your family from are not afraid to be illegally armed. Only the law abiding will disarm when a politician tells them too. The rapist watching your wife and making note of her patterns could not care less about breaking another law.

Time to start telling politicians we dont need permission to exorcise a right.
Posted By: Marty

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 01:36 AM

You have the option to move to an area that is more friendly to gun carry. If you decide to stay where you are its on you to be on top of the necessary BS which is needed.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 01:36 AM

sure you don't want to move a few miles east.

got my renewal letter 118 days before it expires it was printed and mailed March 24 I got it March 26 , went online paid my 22 dollars and answered some stupid questions basically a 4473 .

it must have been printed that same day because my new card was in the mail Monday the 29th

no class once you have had a license , I actually used the hunters ed card I got when I was 12 as my proof of training to get my first CCL

good for another 5 years from my expiration

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 01:39 AM

We walk in and walk out with a temporary permit if you want to get one but it’s not needed here just for traveling to other states. New permit or renew no difference the same deal.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 01:43 AM

How does Constitutional Carry work when traveling to other States? I know I’ve shown my card when hunting in Florida with a sidearm on my waist. The officer said have a great day and that was it after seeing I was “legal”.

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 01:45 AM

That’s why you get the permit for other states that will honor it, if you stay in your state you don’t need it.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 01:57 AM

I thought you didn’t have to do anything if your state is constitutional carry? So you still have to get a permit? Free?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 02:03 AM

some of the most dangerous places in this country, you can not carry legally. oakland, chicago, boston, nyc, jersy. we need to change that. need to end this absurd idea that people need permission from faceless bureaucrats to be armed
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew Eastwood
Dang it man, don't ask questions like that. They will take it as a challenge. eek

You make a fair point but I am kinda like Danny on this on. Free men do NOT ask permission to defend themselves period.

Good luck T Rex, sounds like a great bunch yall got in charge up there. Too bad the 'Rona didnt git em.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Deerhunter51
Move on down to Tennessee, our governor signed the Constitutional Carry bill into law last week. No permit required for open or concealed carry 21 and older.

Before that your 2nd amendment rights were being infringed. So apparently the answer is many ways.

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
I thought you didn’t have to do anything if your state is constitutional carry? So you still have to get a permit? Free?

Yes without the permit other states won’t recognize your State laws it’s just a short cut showing them to know your OK to have a firearm I would guess. Nobody hands out free permits that know of just another way to tax a person.
Posted By: DWC

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 11:13 AM

Law enforcement in Minnesota arent doing anything anymore, i dont think many are left and more are leaving daily. Dont do anything to get arrested and keep it concealed. Worst case you pick up a small charge if you need to use it but ull be around to tell ur story. Just say u identify as a concealed carry supporter of BLM, Omar has to have the charges dropped!
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 11:14 AM

as many as they want to try to impede
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 12:25 PM

This is one of the questions where you keep the answers to yourself because they don't need more ideas.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 12:35 PM

As many as we allow I would say! JMO

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/12/21 01:41 PM

This will be my fourth five year renewal. Appointments were never necessary in the past; just walk in during normal business hours. Also you are on your own to know when to apply, as they do not send notices. No sense in encouraging those horrible gun owners.

My class, was on Sunday, and I got my appointment, the earliest one available, online, as soon as I got home. I will get on the phone today (Monday) to see if it can be expedited,
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/13/21 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
some of the most dangerous places in this country, you can not carry legally. oakland, chicago, boston, nyc, jersy. we need to change that. need to end this absurd idea that people need permission from faceless bureaucrats to be armed

Got a cousin that stays in Jersey selling melons in the summer. He informed the local police that he had a firearm in the camper he was staying in. They told him they wouldn’t be staying there without one. lol
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/13/21 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by T-Rex
My carry permit expires in early May. I finally got into a required class needed for the permit. I wanted to make sure I had enough time for the Sheriff to take his 30 day processing time to issue the renewal.

Well, the rules have changed. The Sheriff still needs to issue or reject within a 30 day window. BUT: Now I need to make an appointment to submit my application. My appointment is a full month after my current permit expires. Not only is the current permit not active during that time; I need to pay the price of a new permit and a late fee.
That 30 day processing window only starts from the day of my appointment.

Our new gay liberal Hennepin county Sheriff sucks.

With the libtards we have running Nevada now they are taking appointments for some time in sring 2022. Takes 2 weeks to get a background check and the 3 day time frame for that is when they start the check.
Posted By: cotton

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/13/21 01:32 AM

"how may ways can Gov. impede gun rights?"
as many ways as we the people let em
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/13/21 01:42 AM

Cotton is right ya know?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/13/21 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Cotton is right ya know?

Cotton is definitely right.

Re: How Many Ways can Gov. impede gun rights? - 04/13/21 01:28 PM

It looks like I may have a gap in my permit. I'm pretty sure there will not be a gap in my personal protection.

Gov Walz has figured out that the solution for any problem is to lock folks up in their home. He sees it works for protection from Covid, and, now curfew to hide from rioters. Maybe he'll pay me to stay home while I wait for my new permit.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums