Home

Drown rod question

Posted By: coonman220

Drown rod question - 04/12/21 01:36 AM

I just have 4 of these in 8 ft long, no weld kits on them, clean up traps an stuff, I notice one of stops on terminal end is gone, a stop with a bolt that tighten it go rerod, 1/2 rod, I pull out pile awhile ago an not sure came off an lost on spot or came off elsewhere but not find it, I pull out from under pile traps an was gone, anyone know without welding, what kind a stop u could use for terminal end of rod, that up from end a foot , like what to buy or look for at hardware section in store or Menards
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Drown rod question - 04/12/21 02:13 AM

http://thebeav.us/Drowning%20System.html
Posted By: The hammer

Re: Drown rod question - 04/12/21 02:13 AM

Get a nut that fits snug on the rebar slide it on and just give it a few good wacks with a sledge. Or just buy a hose clamp and a wash. Put rebar thru the washer then put hose clamp on. That should get you thru in a pinch.
Posted By: The hammer

Re: Drown rod question - 04/12/21 02:15 AM

Or what Beav posted looks best. Cable clamp.

Re: Drown rod question - 04/12/21 02:31 AM

Ya that work a nut that fit snug an smash with big hammer
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Drown rod question - 04/12/21 05:19 AM

Just heat up the deep water side red hot and smash it with the 2# hammer on an anvil
. It flattens the rod and the lock can’t slip off...problem solved.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Drown rod question - 04/12/21 11:17 AM

5/8" nut hammered on or a cable clamp
Posted By: 4 Fur

Re: Drown rod question - 04/12/21 12:24 PM

Easiest would be to just dog knot it with some #11 wire until you find the missing stop, Dave. Gotta be in the bed of your truck or in the shed where they were stacked. Probably a good idea to put a socket on the bolts of your other rods?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Drown rod question - 04/12/21 12:28 PM

Make friends with someone that can weld and forget about it.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Drown rod question - 04/12/21 01:23 PM

Put a washer over the end . Heat it with a torch and flatten with a hammer. That's how I fix all my traps that involve a stake. On coil springs just drill a hole in the washer and attach the swivel.

Re: Drown rod question - 04/12/21 02:08 PM

I had bolted others very tight an thought rusted on, I have to check again , couldn't find stop
© 2024 Trapperman Forums