Home

WI guys

Posted By: corky

WI guys - 04/14/21 02:30 AM

Spring Hearing Link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2021WCCSpringHearing
Posted By: NorthenTrapper

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 03:05 AM

Thank you corky, I completely spaced the hearing.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 03:20 AM

Made my selections tonight. We have until 7 PM on the 15th to make our choices.

Bryce
Posted By: nimzy

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 10:36 AM

Anyone have subject(s) you feel strongly about? If so please state your case, to us open minded citizens.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 11:15 AM

They don't listen anyway.
Posted By: mutt

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 12:35 PM

Just a heads up, there were 2 citizen advisory questions proposals in Manitowoc county proposed by a likely anti. One to propose not allowing dogs for wolf hunting because it makes the wolves fear all dogs and more likely his pet will be eaten, and also a proposal to ban hunting completions. Examples would be like our sporting club has a crow classic and a cotton tail classic.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 01:32 PM

I have been informed that there were over 400 Citizen Resolutions submitted, many of which had to do with banning hunting competitions, running wolves with dogs, and other issues we need to really watch for and vote against.

Moosetrot
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 02:21 PM

green county had the coyote contest and wolf hunting with dogs question

make sure you go vote

the sheer fact that 86% of wolves were taken by hound hunters in just days should tell us it is the most effective non trapping method to control wolf populations,

wolves should fear dogs just as bear should fear dogs , it is better for everyone if wolves and bear fear dogs.

increased issues is because increased excess population not because an effective tool in controlling populations was allowed to be used for a few days
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 02:38 PM

I live in Mississippi. I have completed the Wi Trapper Education Course and have a Wi DNR number. Can I vote?
Posted By: The Beav

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 02:45 PM

NO.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 03:32 PM

Thanks Beav. Just wanted to do my part if allowed.

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 04:49 PM

There is no reason you cannot vote. I fought that during the cat issue. I was told that folks from other states can vote for everything but their County delegates.

That is the lunacy of this whole movement for online "input"...certainly not to be confused with voting.

I predict that we will no longer have the in-person Spring Hearings.

Moosetrot

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 04:53 PM

You can vote but a out of state vote Isn't going to count.

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
You can vote but a out of state vote Isn't going to count.

I am not sure that is true, Beav.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 05:20 PM

I heard last year that the online survey doesn't have influence like actually being at the meeting. Anyone confirm?

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 05:32 PM

If out of state votes counted In over all scheme of things we would be hung out to dry.
This online voting thing Is going to come back and bite us In the arss someday. Marshrat doesn't think so but I do.

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 05:33 PM

All the NRB is interested in is numbers. I was told that by a past Chairman of a committee on which I serve.

Sprung and Rusty-The only means the public can provide input is through the online survey...the Spring Hearings that we have known from the past are not being held, and I predict will not be held in the future. A real loss for Wisconsin conservation in the guise of dealing with COVID. Since the inception of the ballots and then with the advent of online "surveys" I have spoken out loudly and long against the imminent demise of the tradition of the Spring Hearings.

Other areas of DNR have also been changed to online surveys, all of which are meant to simply generate numbers, often from an uninformed public, rather than discussion and sometimes hot debate about issues we hold dear. Sad to see.

Moosetrot

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 05:36 PM

The problem with out-of-state voters arises in the enabling legislation that formed the Conservation Congress/Spring Hearings. It uses the term "citizens" which has been interpreted as meaning "anyone" including folks from other states.

Moosetrot

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 07:17 PM

"This input is unbelievable when you think about how we are allowed as citizens to have a direct conduit to state regulators," Dr. Frederick Prehn, Natural Resources Board Chairman said. "The Natural Resources Board and the DNR; this is a golden opportunity that most states don’t have. Citizens can give direct input to us on proposed questions to regulate wildlife and fish and game ."

Please note in the above quote from the Chairman of the NRB that he does not mention the Conservation Congress in any way. I personally think the Congress will become extinct in not too long.

Moosetrot

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 07:52 PM

And that will be the end of life the way we know It.
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: WI guys - 04/14/21 09:45 PM

Done. I am curious to see how the Cable Restraint questions turn out.
Posted By: corky

Re: WI guys - 04/15/21 11:39 AM

Last day to participate
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: WI guys - 04/15/21 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
green county had the coyote contest and wolf hunting with dogs question

make sure you go vote

the sheer fact that 86% of wolves were taken by hound hunters in just days should tell us it is the most effective non trapping method to control wolf populations,

wolves should fear dogs just as bear should fear dogs , it is better for everyone if wolves and bear fear dogs.

increased issues is because increased excess population not because an effective tool in controlling populations was allowed to be used for a few days

+1 to all of the above
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: WI guys - 04/15/21 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
"This input is unbelievable when you think about how we are allowed as citizens to have a direct conduit to state regulators," Dr. Frederick Prehn, Natural Resources Board Chairman said. "The Natural Resources Board and the DNR; this is a golden opportunity that most states don’t have. Citizens can give direct input to us on proposed questions to regulate wildlife and fish and game ."

Terrifying how casually Prehn affirms tyranny.
It ought to be quite the opposite! Gov't ought to be overjoyed to sneeze without the expressed approval of its owners: We the People.
Posted By: k snow

Re: WI guys - 04/15/21 12:29 PM

Just filled out my survey.
Posted By: Fishdog One

Re: WI guys - 04/15/21 03:54 PM

The citizen resolutions from Waukesha County were a lot of anti sentiment. Thanks Corky for posting the link, thought I missed it not doing it on Monday

Re: WI guys - 04/15/21 04:09 PM

Done. La Crosse County has a lot of anti-dog sentiment Resolutions as well. This will soon get very scary for those of us that care about preserving our way of life.

Moosetrot
Posted By: k snow

Re: WI guys - 04/15/21 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
Done. La Crosse County has a lot of anti-dog sentiment Resolutions as well. This will soon get very scary for those of us that care about preserving our way of life.

Moosetrot

Any ideas where the anti hound sentiment is stemming from? Wolf lovers upset at the recent hunt? Anti's in general? Other hunters with conflicting interests?

Re: WI guys - 04/15/21 04:21 PM

My best guess would be an organized effort by Wolf lovers. In the Congress they are called "shotgun resolutions" that generally occur in virtually every County, distributed by individuals and/or organizations, to folks that are willing to submit them as Resolutions in their home counties. They are becoming quite common in recent years and are made easier with the online format. Instead of standing up and presenting a Resolution at the Spring Hearings they simply submit them online.

Moosetrot
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: WI guys - 04/15/21 04:56 PM

I miss getting to hear other peoples , better explanations of questions , I had to warn my son when he filled out his , be careful sometimes they word something so how could you not agree with them but there is a rest of the story. if it doesn't seem cleare to you better to say I have no opinion than unknowingly vote for or against something.

meeting people and talking with them at the county conference was great , I hope it returns , that was truly a good process , where people could really inform others not just fill out a survey without better explanation,

we have a woman here who , needs a hobby , she made it her mission to end coyote contests , you may have seen her bill boards near the hyw in Rock or green county the only one I saw was on 14 east of Janesville

I can remember explaining something about trapping up at the mic I forget what the resolution was now , even the 2 ladies who were well very different in their reason for being there than most of the rest of the room were nodding in agreement with the explanation the devil is always in the details

Re: WI guys - 04/15/21 05:09 PM

Yeah, Pete, you are right on the money. Sometimes the discussions and debate can actually inform the public in attendance about the real reasons for the questions, and may sway some from being totally against a topic to understanding why it is being brought up, and its importance to conservation of the resource.

My best guess right now is that we will not be returning to the in-person format. Once they figure out a way for delegate elections to be done online, the Spring "Hearings", as we have known and participated in for so many years, will be gone.

Moosetrot
Posted By: mutt

Re: WI guys - 04/15/21 05:19 PM

I was irritated by the 100 character limit i could leave as a comment on 1 question. Once I cut it down to 100 character I couldn't even make sense of it and just deleted the comment
© 2024 Trapperman Forums