Home

zero turn mowers.....

Posted By: minklessinpa

zero turn mowers..... - 04/16/21 10:41 PM

what to look for when buying one? was looking at a simplicity, since the dealer is close by.
Posted By: SJA

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/16/21 10:45 PM

Quality, warranty, and DEALER SERVICE! :-)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/16/21 10:47 PM

All I'll add to what sja said is get one with a spring suspension.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/16/21 11:06 PM

What I will be looking for the next time I get one is that deck belt them routing. Got a z track john deere and I hate putting new belts on because of all the unnecessary crap you have to take off to put a new belt on.
Posted By: LDW

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/16/21 11:09 PM

I've had a ferris for 8 years. It has coil over springs on all wheels, rides better than my pickup. I bought it because of multiple back surgeries. I can ride it all day with no problems. I mow over 600 lawns a year with it, just replaced the original belts last year.
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/16/21 11:11 PM

All you need to look for is Scag.
Posted By: SJA

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/16/21 11:15 PM

I've had JD's, Husler, Huskys and both gas and diesel Kubotas. Kubotas are the most reliable and issue free that I've found. :-)
Posted By: jtg

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/16/21 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by BvrRetriever
All you need to look for is Scag.

Could not have said it any better.

https://www.scag.com/product-category/zero-turn-riding-mowers/
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 12:04 AM

I really like my Toro.
Posted By: slowpoke

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 12:22 AM

I run a scag turf tiger - Good investment, no problems ...but not cheap ..
Posted By: Scout1

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 12:46 AM

How big a yard? Engine manufacturers? Level yard or good hills? I've got hills so I went with a cub zero turn w/steering wheel. LOve it. It has the Kawasaki engine. Dealer close by as well.Also get a stout deck. One of the best rated when I was lookming was the Bad Boy and Ariens.
Posted By: ack

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 12:53 AM

I am running a 72 exmark.
Freaking love this thing....
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 12:57 AM

I have a scag liberty z. good warranty and great mower.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 01:04 AM

The exmarks arr nice.The vacuum comes in handy for leaves and when you don’t get around to mowing when you should.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by minklessinpa
what to look for when buying one? was looking at a simplicity, since the dealer is close by.

Dealer support is important. I bought a Snapper 3 years ago because I have a local dealer. It is a great mower.

Simplicity has been around for a long time and I've never heard much bad about them.
Posted By: white eagle

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 01:42 AM

got a JD 54"deck no problems
Posted By: GaTurkeyHunter

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 01:57 AM

Love my Exmark.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 02:08 AM

Have an older ex mark 56 in deck and a newer grasshopper 52, ex mark has a wider stance and bigger tires, better on hills and ditches, both are great mowers, but as said above, parts availability and dealer service close by is key on whatever you choose. Good luck
Posted By: jabNE

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 10:48 AM

Got a big commercial kioti to do our 3 acres, really nice machine. Most comfortable adjustable seat around.
Jim
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by GaTurkeyHunter
Love my Exmark.

Almost all commercial operations I see are using Exmark mowers. Must be a reason.
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 11:26 AM

I have a 52" Hustler and a 54" Husqvarna. I prefer the Hustler, it rides better and maneuvers easier. The Husqvarna is my "spare" incase the Hustler goes down. Who deals with them in your area, or services multiple brands? Here, we have a feed store that deals in Cub Cadet. But they service like 8-10 different brands, and they are only 6 miles away.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: zero turn mowers..... - 04/17/21 11:45 AM

I have a 12 year old Toro Timecutter 42" with a 22HP Kawasaki. I treat it like a brush hog and have mowed about 3-4 acres with it over those years. I like Kawasaki motors, welded decks, good spindles and small enough I can push out when I get stuck. I avoid dealers so that doesnt matter to me. I am tight and do my own repairs and hate to mow grass just to be cutting it. I have cracked my deck (stamped not welded) multiple times, broke the deck hanger, busted spindles, torn the chute off years ago, flattened all 4 tires several times and I think almost need a starter now. That said - I have absolutely NO complaints from my little Toro - again, I treat it like a brushhog. I change oil once a year and use ethanol free premium fuel - that is all my maintenance. Oh, I did finally bust my belt last winter also - not bad for 12 years old.
I have noticed newer zero turns like to charge more for the larger Kawasaki motors these days. A 22hp on a 42" deck is almost non standard except maybe for the commercial end - I am definitely not on the commercial end.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums