Home

Anyone use a Blackstone

Posted By: adam m

Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/18/21 09:10 PM

Had to buy a new grill decided on the Blackstone with air fryer and warming drawer, since I have no kitchen and no eta on when I'll have one again. My other grill is falling apart and over 10 years of being well used.
I have a buddy with a 36" griddle and I liked it when we made elk fajitas.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/18/21 09:17 PM

I've got the next size down. It's nice for more mass cooking

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/18/21 10:07 PM

I agree.
This is only 28" but with the air fryer I couldn't pass it up
Posted By: SJA

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/18/21 10:13 PM

Check out the "Hungry Hussy" on Youtube. Blackstone Pro. Good site :-)
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/18/21 10:15 PM

One of my friends has one and just about stopped useing his regular propane grill. Ive been watching craigslist for one
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/18/21 10:34 PM

Love ours

WS
Posted By: DecoyMacoy

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/18/21 10:37 PM

Smash burgers!

Love my Blackstone. I often cook for a crowd or meals for a week so the large cook top works great for me.
Posted By: Hornytoad1

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/18/21 11:34 PM

Got one at work we use often to cook for all the guys at lunch. Make sure you season it prior to it's first use.

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/19/21 12:45 AM

SJA, thanks I'll check it out.
I cleaned and seasoned it real good. Still gotta clean the air fryer area. I'll let the kids decide what is the first meal cooked on it.

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/19/21 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by adam m
SJA, thanks I'll check it out.
I cleaned and seasoned it real good. Still gotta clean the air fryer area. I'll let the kids decide what is the first meal cooked on it.

Even though I have Camp Chef Grill , same type as Blackstone, I have be watching "HH" for several years and really learn many great recipes from him. :-)
Posted By: cwtrapper

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/19/21 01:38 AM

Have had one for years. Bought it for the guide business. She uses it all the time when hunters are in camp. Most meals are done with it. Never had an issue with it.

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/19/21 02:03 AM

That's awesome

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 01:03 AM

First meal chicken fajitas. Came out good.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 02:25 AM

looks like you could use a prep table for your outdoor kitchen

Fajitas sound good

I started telling my wife about Blackstones this morning and she said , and which grill are you getting rid of? easy the one on the left can go to the scrap pile.

I do need a new grill or maybe one of these . we will have to see later this summer

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 02:41 AM

"Seasoning" these grills PROPERLY is the most important thing to do! . . . if you don't, they, and the food, won't be fit for the garbage. Experience is the the best teacher . . . or watch Youtube on the subject :-)

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 03:57 AM

GCP I had a 6' folding table to the right hand side. I need to figure out proper setup for the time being. So far it is well worth the investment. Lowes has the 36" with cabinets model but at $600 it is too big and rich for me. This was under $400. Between the fryers and the griddle the menu options are extensive. Desserts, apps, side dishes, and some main courses can be made in the air fryers.

SJA I agree. I spent about 2 hours seasoning it with about 6 coats of oil. The manufacturer says 3-5 coats minimum.

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 04:12 AM

Still gotta give creds to "HH" on seasoning the Blackstone Grill on Youtube. It's really a must "instruction" to do it right :-)

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 04:43 AM

I'll check it out
Posted By: John C

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 09:55 AM

I bought a 28” black stone with three burners in the winter of 2019/2020 for $124.00 from Walmart after a friend in Miami found them on close out down there. We love it. It cooks great. I clean it every time I use it and it’s been great for breakfast, cheese steaks, fajitas, burgers,regular steaks, hibachi, and more. Here’s a tip. Don’t buy the black stone accessories. Go to your local restaurant supply store and buy the same things for .10 on the dollar. The little basting covers are too small for my cooking. I use a stainless steel bowl and use the spatulas to pick it up with.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 11:23 AM

Looks Nice Adam
Posted By: kiyote

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 01:02 PM

I got the 36" from wife and kids for my birthday. I rarely use all 4 burners but it nice to leave 1 or 2 off and use it as a warming area. I wish it had the fryer drawers. I'm cooking hibachi and fried rice on mine tonight.

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 04:38 PM

John that's a screaming deal. I agree. I usually buy all my kitchen stuff at a restaurant supply store here. One of the fire remediation crew saw my kitchen stuff and said he thought he was back working in the restaurant again lol.

Thanks 330.

That's awesome kiyote. Yup that's a perk for sure
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 06:17 PM

Is it hard to clean?

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 06:47 PM

So far no. A little water and a bench scraper (like used in baking) then a coat of oil.
Posted By: John C

Re: Anyone use a Blackstone - 04/20/21 11:37 PM

I soap and water mine before cooking. After cooking I scrape and reoil and will let mine smoke off to season.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums