Home

MO. Muskrats

Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

MO. Muskrats - 04/19/21 03:16 AM

I'm thinking about a fall and maybe a spring muskrat trip to Mo. this coming season. Any recommendations on areas of the Mark Twain or Corp lands for an out of stater. I don't have them here and would like to give them a try. I am a 100% disabled vet so the license isn't an issue. I used to turkey hunt up in the central part of the state years ago but wasn't even thinking about trapping. I would like to stay in the lower half of the state but it isn't really an issue.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: MO. Muskrats - 04/19/21 02:45 PM

If you can gather together 100 rats out of mark twain you might win best trapper awards........only guys I know who get 100 rats have private duck clubs and managed wetlands. Maybe some other trappers will chime in but if I was going out of state for rats - it sure wouldn't be Missouri. Now, if you want possums or 5 dollar coons come on up......
Posted By: salemtrapper

Re: MO. Muskrats - 04/19/21 04:02 PM

Agree with black dog, I'm not a water trapper however I know a few and in my area rats are not that plentiful. May catch more if you floated endless hours down our riverways but not to many problems with rats around here.
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: MO. Muskrats - 04/19/21 05:51 PM

I would drive another day north of here.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: MO. Muskrats - 04/19/21 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
If you can gather together 100 rats out of mark twain you might win best trapper awards........only guys I know who get 100 rats have private duck clubs and managed wetlands. Maybe some other trappers will chime in but if I was going out of state for rats - it sure wouldn't be Missouri. Now, if you want possums or 5 dollar coons come on up......

Agree with this. I’ve caught 100 rats a few seasons. Managed properties.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: MO. Muskrats - 04/19/21 08:53 PM

MO has 5.00 coon?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums