Home

Uncle Ted Now believes

Posted By: Bogmaster

Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:00 PM

After contracting covid,Ted no longer considers mask wearers --the sheep he called them. He actually thought he was going to die from the disease.
Get well soon Ted,A journey to the center of the mind,without you is hard to imagine.
Tom
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:05 PM

I can’t take seriously something said from someone incapacitated with illness.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
After contracting covid,Ted no longer considers mask wearers --the sheep he called them. He actually thought he was going to die from the disease.
Get well soon Ted,A journey to the center of the mind,without you is hard to imagine.
Tom

So he thinks masks offer protection now ? A doctor at Stanford just published a paper that looked at all the evidence we have, and not only did he conclude that masks offer no protection, he went one step further and said they cause harm. Then of course there was the largest RCT ever done on masks in Denmark that said the same thing, but who cares about real science anymore...
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:09 PM

Any flu can make you feel like you're going to die. Whats his point?

ol'dad
Posted By: Boco

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:25 PM

He was mistaken-he didnt have covid,he had a relapse of Cat Scratch Fever.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:28 PM

Just another musician whose opinion on medical issues matters nothing to me.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

Of course, obviously.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:36 PM

It seems like no ones opinions on medical matters mean anything to anyone--unless they are the same as what you believe.
It isn't just medical matters, it is pretty much everything--human nature.
Tom
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:38 PM

i have a lot of uncles , not one of them is named Ted
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:41 PM

I like cake.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:43 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: k snow

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
I like cake.

There's an opinion I agree with.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:44 PM

People that aren't intelligent enough to make their own decision about anything in life have to look for their favorite celebrities to make decisions in life. Uncle Ted's opinion matters to me about as much as your views on Covid Tom (hint I don't care at all).
Posted By: Finster

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan
People that aren't intelligent enough to make their own decision about anything in life have to look for their favorite celebrities to make decisions in life. Uncle Ted's opinion matters to me about as much as your views on Covid Tom (hint I don't care at all).

X2
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:54 PM

People and especially celebs believe lots of stupid things. You can't honestly go from all studies in the past showing that masks do absolutely nothing for respiratory viruses until Lord Pope Saint Anthony Fauci the Oft Wrong and Pompous said they work after previously saying they don't work.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:57 PM

Scuba nailed it!
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 04:57 PM

Tom

I can't find any where that said he now will wear a mask. I see he said he still won't get the vaccine. Maybe you can help me with the link to this great important piece of news you have brought to us?
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 05:05 PM

Careful, Tom! No matter how much you have done to promote trapping, some of your fellow "trappers" on here are about to call you a sheep. Take that, and them, for what they are worth...to you...in your decision to wear a mask.

Still with ya!

Moosetrot
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 05:06 PM

The only thing I read was that he said he was wrong about the virus/pandemic being a scam, which he adamantly touted for a while, and he thought he was going to die. after contracting the virus.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 05:10 PM

This is what he said on facebook live about mask wearing and such:

"““I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days. I thought I was dying,” the singer said. “I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days, but I did, I crawled. I’ve never been so sick in all my life,” Nugent said. He went on to suggest there is no point in being tested for COVID-19 and downplayed the need for social distancing, mask wearing and being vaccinated against the virus.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 05:17 PM

LOL,moosey ,seems like some on here do not read well--or don't comprehend what is written. I never said Nugent was going to wear a mask. I said that those he once called sheep-pretty much were'nt so sheepish now.
But you know how it goes on here. Makes a guy wonder--How many are actually trappers or just pot stirrers.
Tom
Posted By: keystone

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 05:22 PM

Tom

The article i read didn’t say anything about him changing his stance on masks, he just said he was sicker than he’d ever been in his life.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 05:23 PM

Still smoking Tom?
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 05:45 PM

LOL,moosey ,seems like some on here do not read well--or don't comprehend what is written. I never said Nugent was going to wear a mask. I said that those he once called sheep-pretty much were'nt so sheepish now.
But you know how it goes on here. Makes a guy wonder--How many are actually trappers or just pot stirrers.
Tom

Well I guess I could be called a pot stirrer, I had to log in to post. But you could call you self a pot stirrer also, your post was for nothing more then to get a reaction. Why did you feel the need that we need to know what's happening with uncle Ted? Maybe it made you feel some what good that he got covid and had a some what hard time with it? I mean after all he has a different view Point on it then you.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
[Linked Image]

Its kinda amazing people don't understand this.. Simply amazing.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 05:51 PM

It seems like no ones opinions on medical matters mean anything to anyone--unless they are the same as what you believe.
Tom

Couldn't agree with you more
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 05:57 PM

I read the article and see no change on his stance. I have a fairly decent ability to comprehend. I would argue, if he called people sheep, he still views them as sheep. Sheep are followers without regard to consideration. Read into it what you want, but if you follow others telling you what to do without thinking for yourself- you are sheep. If you are fearful of a virus, I would wear a fitted respirator designed for keeping virus sized particles out. I am not. I am not living in a spirit of fear. If I get sick, I get sick. My trust is completely in the Lord. I know I am fearfully and wonderfully made and by His stripes I was/am healed. Again, for me death has no sting. I choose to not live in fear and would like others to have the choice how to live their lives without imposing their fear on me and my family. Very simple.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
Tom

Couldn't agree with you more

Problem is when opinions are asserted that have no basis in facts but in emotion, you can't have a meaningful debate.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 05:58 PM

Tom

Pot meet kettle...
Posted By: atrapper

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 06:23 PM

Tom

Yep, exactly right about that. Pandemics, politics, religion, trapping, etc. The problem I see with this pandemic is that nobody actually knows enough about it to know anything about it. It's only been in existence for a year so the scientific world has little baseline on it. And for those that should be in the know, like the previously mentioned scientist from Stanford, who's to say that he's not being influenced or pressured by one political party or another. Follow the dollar, there are always strings attached somewhere. That being said, we are left to make our own opinions based on our own anecdotal experiences. I'm required to wear a mask every minute that I'm at work as an elementary school teacher. I can't say one way or another if wearing a mask has or hasn't done anything to curb Covid but I can with certainty say that all of the precautions that our school has done with quarantining, mask wearing, and classroom sanitation has resulted in much, much fewer other sicknesses than in previous years. Ever since I've been a teacher, for over a decade, the flu season hits hard between December and March. No flu season this year. It's the first year in all of my years teaching that I personally haven't been sick. My three kids never got a cold or flu all winter which has never happened before. So, say what you want about masks, quarantining, and other precautions related to Covid. I have no idea if any of them have made a difference. I will say with certainty, however, that there have been some silver linings that have come out of all of this. Maybe we've learned something more about the flu or how to keep our society, schools, etc., safer for people.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
Careful, Tom! No matter how much you have done to promote trapping, some of your fellow "trappers" on here are about to call you a sheep. Take that, and them, for what they are worth...to you...in your decision to wear a mask.

Still with ya!

Moosetrot

Well said MT! I don't get on here nearly as much as I used to but at a glance I can see things have changed. In the "Old Days" everyone was entitled to their opinion. We were also taught that if you didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 06:42 PM

Florida is a perfect example of people thinking for themselves and weeding out the bs.

Gov Desantis (spelling?) Decided early on to focus on the elderly and high risk while allowing the populous to continue on with their lives..

Results?......as good or better than the democrat run, shut everything down states and Desantis has a larger population of at risk people.

THATS COLD HARD FACTS FOLKS.

Posted By: hooftrimmer20

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 06:43 PM

I send my daughter to a private school (not rich, it's a real struggle making it work) that did not do masks or distancing the entire school year, they simply took the students temperatures as they came in (they're not even doing that now) . . they have had no issues whatsoever; oh sure there's been a few colds here and there but that's the extent of it . . that's my first-hand experience with it
Originally Posted by atrapper

Yep, exactly right about that. Pandemics, politics, religion, trapping, etc. The problem I see with this pandemic is that nobody actually knows enough about it to know anything about it. It's only been in existence for a year so the scientific world has little baseline on it. And for those that should be in the know, like the previously mentioned scientist from Stanford, who's to say that he's not being influenced or pressured by one political party or another. Follow the dollar, there are always strings attached somewhere. That being said, we are left to make our own opinions based on our own anecdotal experiences. I'm required to wear a mask every minute that I'm at work as an elementary school teacher. I can't say one way or another if wearing a mask has or hasn't done anything to curb Covid but I can with certainty say that all of the precautions that our school has done with quarantining, mask wearing, and classroom sanitation has resulted in much, much fewer other sicknesses than in previous years. Ever since I've been a teacher, for over a decade, the flu season hits hard between December and March. No flu season this year. It's the first year in all of my years teaching that I personally haven't been sick. My three kids never got a cold or flu all winter which has never happened before. So, say what you want about masks, quarantining, and other precautions related to Covid. I have no idea if any of them have made a difference. I will say with certainty, however, that there have been some silver linings that have come out of all of this. Maybe we've learned something more about the flu or how to keep our society, schools, etc., safer for people.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by hooftrimmer20
I send my daughter to a private school (not rich, it's a real struggle making it work) that did not do masks or distancing the entire school year, they simply took the students temperatures as they came in (they're not even doing that now) . . they have had no issues whatsoever; oh sure there's been a few colds here and there but that's the extent of it . . that's my first-hand experience with it

Yep, same with Florida's results...there are people at risk and its a small percentage of people who need the extra precautions.

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 06:46 PM

Rob,things have indeed changed on here. Hope all is well with you.
Tom
Posted By: atrapper

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 06:50 PM

Interesting hooftrimmer. Our district too has done health checks each morning by parents and teachers at school. Of course this has caused a lot of quarantining and upset families because of the disruption quarantining causes. Maybe these health checks alone are all it's going to take in the future to keep schools healthier. I hope so.....I'm sick of talking, reading, yelling, and breathing through a mask all day!

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 06:52 PM

Hope all's well with you and the misses Tom. I understand you being cautious as I told ya early on, especially about wearing a mask during every flu season if yuns are at risk.

It will help as much for that as it does for this and my wife having worked at nursing homes her entire career she's seen her share of the flu killing the at risk. Do your thing!

What I'm against is officials killing the country when for the majority of the country, this is no worse than catching the flu.
Posted By: corky

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by Moosetrot

Still with ya!

Moosetrot

Well said MT! I don't get on here nearly as much as I used to but at a glance I can see things have changed. In the "Old Days" everyone was entitled to their opinion. We were also taught that if you didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

x2
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 07:32 PM

Tom

My experience as well. It seems that with COVID, we had to construct a parachute while on the way down. In that scenario, mistakes and misjudgements will be made, but we all have our right to make personal decisions. Unfortunately that also results in unwarranted name-calling and other schoolyard antics.

Moosetrot
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
I like cake.

There's an opinion I agree with.

Cake sucks...sheep lick cake frosting
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 09:38 PM

Tom

This is what all the precautions have done!!!!!
Posted By: Marty

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by elkaholic

"““I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days. I thought I was dying,” the singer said. “I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days, but I did, I crawled. I’ve never been so sick in all my life,” Nugent said. He went on to suggest there is no point in being tested for COVID-19 and downplayed the need for social distancing, mask wearing and being vaccinated against the virus.

That does not sound like he is for mask wearing.....
Posted By: charles

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 09:53 PM

I was vaccinated in January and February. I still wear my mask. It is not political to me. I have nothing to loose by being careful with my life. I rather not be dead wrong.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 10:55 PM

Tom

Tom, this can be construed both ways, you get offended when it don't go your way....yep human nature. I truly believe there are going to be sick people for years that have been wearing masks constantly. Most don't wear clean masks often enough, and there is NO science out there about what it's doing to everyone's immune system. We need to quit calling a pandemic, that don't hold water either. Enjoy yer mask!

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Tom

Tom, this can be construed both ways, you get offended when it don't go your way....yep human nature. I truly believe there are going to be sick people for years that have been wearing masks constantly. Most don't wear clean masks often enough, and there is NO science out there about what it's doing to everyone's immune system. We need to quit calling a pandemic, that don't hold water either. Enjoy yer mask!

Nobody can clean their own masks well enough if they don't have a hospital grade laundry system. Think there was a thing early last year where you could possible steam sanitize the masks in a crockpot or if you had a UV cleaner you could use that
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

grin
Posted By: finbar

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by charles
I was vaccinated in January and February. I still wear my mask. It is not political to me. I have nothing to loose by being careful with my life. I rather not be dead wrong.

What this study (which is a meta-analysis of previous studies) suggests that cloth mask wearing might increase your risk of contracting Covid-19. You should be careful with your life. But every medical intervention has risks (and death caused by medical treatment is one the most frequent causes of death). I have cared for dozens of patients with acute Covid and wear extensive personal protective equipment.but Joe Public's cloth mask isn't the same thing: it's not a respirator, it's not don and doffed correctly (which has a very precise procedure), and it isn't disposed of immediately after use.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 11:06 PM

Exactly, Sniper!
Posted By: capt.scott

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/20/21 11:10 PM

I heard it had a stranglehold on him.
Posted By: nate

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/21/21 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
Originally Posted by elkaholic

That does not sound like he is for mask wearing.....

Marty
Thanks for the truth. That sounds more like it.
You seen these filthy mask people are wearing these days? It's disgusting they make handkerchief look clean.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/21/21 03:11 AM

I never paid much attention to what that head banger had to say.

Yeah, he likes to hunt. End of commonality.
Posted By: Flint Lock

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/21/21 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by T-Rex
I never paid much attention to what that head banger had to say.

Yeah, he likes to hunt. End of commonality.

+1
His opinions on everything are extreme one way or the other, so nothing to see here.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/21/21 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
I read the article and see no change on his stance. I have a fairly decent ability to comprehend. I would argue, if he called people sheep, he still views them as sheep. Sheep are followers without regard to consideration. Read into it what you want, but if you follow others telling you what to do without thinking for yourself- you are sheep. If you are fearful of a virus, I would wear a fitted respirator designed for keeping virus sized particles out. I am not. I am not living in a spirit of fear. If I get sick, I get sick. My trust is completely in the Lord. I know I am fearfully and wonderfully made and by His stripes I was/am healed. Again, for me death has no sting. I choose to not live in fear and would like others to have the choice how to live their lives without imposing their fear on me and my family. Very simple.

Very well said.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/21/21 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog

Very well said.

X2
Posted By: hooftrimmer20

Re: Uncle Ted Now believes - 04/22/21 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Tom

Fauxi and the like come on and basically say you should wear a mask if you love your mom and your children. Do it for others he says. No science. No explanation. Just wear it.

Scientists and universities present factual information and studies that detail how ineffective the masks we use are against a virus (Scuba's pics). Articles get posted with references and evidence. Then they get labeled as kooks and conspiracy theorists. "They wear thin foil hats" says the other side of the issue.

I have seen no one present factual information backed up with evidence and references about how masks are beneficial and prevent covid transmission. The only reference I have seen to the efficacy of masks is "because fauxi said so".

If you want to have an intelligent discussion, present intelligent facts and references. Don't tell intelligent people "because fauxi said so". It will fall on deaf ears and you will look......well.........

Absolutely . . they play off peoples fear and emotions as opposed to facts
© 2024 Trapperman Forums