Home

Chauvin alternate juror describes fear

Posted By: Finster

Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 04:41 AM

Posted By: alaska viking

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 04:55 AM

Typical of today's news casters. No riots, no surprises, so let's make it sensationalistic.
Broadcast news sucks.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 08:35 AM

“Sensationalistic”? Was the juror lying?
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 09:09 AM

I believe the world's a better place without that fentanyl user. From his rap sheet all he did was poison people around him.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 01:15 PM

Cop was arrogant and stupid so guess he can serve time for that. Perp killed his self, had he complied and got in the car and gone to jail no one would of ever heard of him.

I remember first time i saw the video i was think 'are you really that stupid' that your going to sit there with hands in pocket with your knee on the guy's neck while everyone is videoing you? But yep he was that dumb, after ALL the crap that has gone on what did he think was going to happen? No doubt he didn't know the guy was dying but still it's a bad look.

Whole trial was such a circus he'll get out on appeal so everyone can burn everything down then, least the cowards they had for a jury don't have to worry about their house's being burned down, they did their part.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 01:34 PM

,,I agree that the cop was stupid and arrogant. I believe he is guilty of manslaughter, but not murder. It is a shame that Floyd died, but he was a low life druggy criminal.To make him into a national hero is disgusting and Biden and Harris should have kept their mouths shut in the matter.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 01:35 PM

It’s amazing, in gun forums you find the same thing, these wild opinions that seem to have no basis in reality.

Of course the jurors where intimidated by the whole thing, of course decisions were made with fear in mind that individuals would show up in their neighborhoods and cause problems.

It was already happening throughout the country, not a stretch to believe it would continue.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 01:35 PM

Was his gloved hand in his pocket or was it just black and blended in ? Then I guess that leaves the question; Did the glove fit ?
Posted By: finbar

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 01:42 PM

It was a black glove. This has been shown with different shots and enhancing the brightness. I'm not sure it matters.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Cop was arrogant and stupid so guess he can serve time for that. Perp killed his self, had he complied and got in the car and gone to jail no one would of ever heard of him.

I remember first time i saw the video i was think 'are you really that stupid' that your going to sit there with hands in pocket with your knee on the guy's neck while everyone is videoing you? But yep he was that dumb, after ALL the crap that has gone on what did he think was going to happen? No doubt he didn't know the guy was dying but still it's a bad look.

Whole trial was such a circus he'll get out on appeal so everyone can burn everything down then, least the cowards they had for a jury don't have to worry about their house's being burned down, they did their part.

The cops knee was not on his neck. I wish people would get that fact straight. I posted the video of the other camera view on the other thread. The cops knee was on the career criminal's left shoulder blade.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Was his gloved hand in his pocket or was it just black and blended in ? Then I guess that leaves the question; Did the glove fit ?

Must of fit cause they didn't acquit.
Originally Posted by Tailhunter
It’s amazing, in gun forums you find the same thing, these wild opinions that seem to have no basis in reality.

Of course the jurors where intimidated by the whole thing, of course decisions were made with fear in mind that individuals would show up in their neighborhoods and cause problems.

It was already happening throughout the country, not a stretch to believe it would continue.

It's a shame that people are skeerd of their own shadow anymore. But maybe the prosecution did a better job of screening potential jurors and ended up with people like that on the jury on purpose.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 02:53 PM

This case demonstrates what happens when two knuckleheads clash. Results are never good.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 02:56 PM

I would think that jurors comments would be grounds for an instant mistrial.

When I first saw 9 /12 minute "I can't breath" video, I asked myself what is this cop doing? What is he waiting on?

Once the whole thing is placed in context........perfectly clear what was going on. What you see in the video is the end of what had been a nearly 30 minute ordeal of 4 officers trying to arrest Floyd....including them putting him in a squad car, and Floyd then fighting his way out of the squad car and managed to resist getting put back in the 2nd time. All while being cuffed. A pretty tough customer.

Floyd got dinged up and the 4 officers had stopped trying to put him in the squad car and were simply waiting for the EMT's to arrive to take over. Probably intended to strap him down on a stretcher......and to avoid another fight, was letting him struggle to take the fight out. If he said "I can't breathe" once....he said it 50 times.....and that was before they put him in the squad car the first time. No reason to let up and let him get up and start fighting some more.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 03:09 PM

I myself would not of wanted to be on that jury every aspect of your life and aquaintences ,family and work are cheerfully thrown all over the world for all to see people be avoiding you like you had fleas
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
I myself would not of wanted to be on that jury every aspect of your life and aquaintences ,family and work are cheerfully thrown all over the world for all to see people be avoiding you like you had fleas

Sounds like a great opportunity.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by jeff karsten

Sounds like a great opportunity.

...for a fair trial.
Posted By: Flattail1961

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 03:31 PM

You are correct. He was saying he couldn't breathe within seconds of the encounter. They wrestled with this guy for 20 mins before the media shown 9 min segment was provided to the world with their subjective opinions tagged to it. This guys size, strength and tenacity due to drugs was likely comparable to steer wrestling a 1200 lb cow into submission. What amazes me about all of these encounters that have turned confrontational is the subject in question has always chosen to resist or even fight. Absolutely none of these would have happened if they would have gone with the arresting officer without incident. No one in the media mentions that. They only show some grieving family talking about what a great child they had!!! They never admit their child was wrong, but always just a great child. The reality is none of these would happen with simple compliance with the officer. The place to challenge an arrest is not on the street and certainly not to the degree of fighting and confrontation. There's no way that officer could get a fair and objective trial. The intimidation factor was real to anyone associated with that juror pool or that case for that matter. What u all witnessed was bull$&@$ and nothing else.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 03:39 PM

Alan Dershowitz nailed it in the video. The Judge did an incredibly awful job on handling this trial--including external factors.

Don't expect the appellate courts to do a darn thing.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 04:04 PM

Cop reminds me of a hawk sitting on a kill, didnt help him any
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 04:38 PM

Didn't matter neck, shoulder, whatever, was a bad look and his smug snear on his face didn't help matters. Floyd had been arrested before and cried i can't breath, i want momma, etc. so it wasn't anything new to the officer, he knew Floyd did that everytime.

None of it matters now, cops life is ruined, dope head is a national hero and that's end of the story till the next 'hero' acts a fool and gets killed by a cop then we can relive all this over again.

Every cop on that force should of taken their badge off and just walked off the job! Let the politicians deal with the criminals since they seem to have all the answers.
Posted By: TC1

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 05:13 PM

I’m very close to the criminals size, 6’5” 265 lbs. I can assure you that a 140 lb man kneeling on my back, while uncomfortable no doubt, is no threat to my life. As long as I don’t eat enough phentynol to kill a horse that is.
Posted By: CoonNfoxtrapper

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 06:14 PM

Thug mafia style fear is coming back and seems overwhelmingly acceptable now days as long as it suits ones agendas. Sad days are ahead.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear - 04/24/21 06:23 PM

Didn't matter neck, shoulder, whatever, was a bad look and his smug snear on his face didn't help matters. Floyd had been arrested before and cried i can't breath, i want momma, etc. so it wasn't anything new to the officer, he knew Floyd did that everytime.

None of it matters now, cops life is ruined, dope head is a national hero and that's end of the story till the next 'hero' acts a fool and gets killed by a cop then we can relive all this over again.

Every cop on that force should of taken their badge off and just walked off the job! Let the politicians deal with the criminals since they seem to have all the answers.

Good post Jackie, and spot on!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums