Home

Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot.

Posted By: jbyrd63

Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 01:32 PM

Since most of the people that are shoving elc cars down our throats fly everywhere or they are driven across town they miss a big problem with elec cars. OR just don't care because they know they won't work. HOW will a family vacation look In the future. We drive 700 miles to the beach once a year . I pull in to a GAS station and in 15 -20 minutes ,trucks full , bathroom breaks and drinks in hand back on the rode. OK in their dumb idiot world. I drive 250 miles pull in to a CHARGING station . Sit 2-3 hours . Drive another 250 repeat. . 10 hour drive now take over 16 hrs.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 01:45 PM

Best I figure you may end up riding a bicycle. I think those bicycles use granola bars for fuel, makes sense, since the last greenpeacer I saw had more granola bars than anything else.
Posted By: Hornytoad1

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 01:47 PM

It's all about what fit into the agenda being pushed. What works or makes sense is irrelevant.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 01:50 PM

If they get their way, no one will get to do anything, no travel, have to eat grass, all in the name of "saving the planet"! Resist all their nonsense!
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 01:51 PM

Auto manufacturers may standardize battery sizes. Maybe 2-3 different sizes, for different size vehicles or voltages. You pull in to the "gas"station, pop out the old battery, pop in a new one, and off you go. The batteries used to be enormous, they'd take up an entire trunk and you had to use a engine hoist to remove em. Now they're pretty small, like the size of a briefcase. With improved technology, they could get even smaller and lighter.

Right now everyone has their own battery size and voltage. It's.kinda like when fuel injection first came out....each manufacturer had their own way of reading codes, and the codes weren't standardized. In 1996-1997 manufacturers standardized everything, so now the way codes are checked, and the code definitions, are the same in each vehicle.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 01:54 PM

Correct......, plus another BIG problem is to find a power source to charge the chargers. US will need to expand generator capacity by a factor of 10, plus rebuild the entire grid, to be able to flip to an all electric fleet.

Last I checked, most 24/7 generators run on coal, LP or nuclear. Will the US build hundreds of new nuclear plants? If not, guess car or truck will just have to sit where it dies until sun shines or wind blows. More likely, trips like that will be a thing of the past.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 02:02 PM

I can see the waiting lines now of people waiting to plug in their cars on I 95 .... as a pit stop will now take 3 hours instead of 5 minutes to fill up. Can't even have a burger while ya wait as they got rid of the cows. Instead you can have some water and a bar of tofu. ...... Paradise heading you way folks

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 02:18 PM

I can see the simplicity of just switching to a fully charged battery. But is it like playing musical chairs and who ever gets caught with the bad battery has to buy a new one or how would that work? Surely those batteries will die sometime, someplace, hopefully not in the desert or in a snow storm.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 02:22 PM

will it really be a problem , just plug in and super charge at each vaccine checkpoint .

drive 3 hours , wait at checkpoint for an hour on charger then drive next 3 hours

no it has nothing to do with public safety

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
I can see the simplicity of just switching to a fully charged battery. But is it like playing musical chairs and who ever gets caught with the bad battery has to buy a new one or how would that work? Surely those batteries will die sometime, someplace, hopefully not in the desert or in a snow storm.

I could envision a system where you pay maybe $20 to switch out a new battery (just to use a nice round number). If that battery is junk, just complain to the gas station owner and get a different one. The dead batteries would go somewhere to get tested and charged at off hours slowly, so it wouldn't be such a strain on the grid (though obviously that would need major improvements).

As far as the battery dying and leaving ng you stranded, that wouldn't be any different than when a gas vehicle breaks down. Call a tow truck and get it fixed.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 02:32 PM

I think loosegoose has it right. Battery swap is what would work. A battery service company could own all the batteries and you go to one of their stations to swap and pay by the kw used. However, we would have made our economy and perhaps aspects of our national defense more dependent upon our electrical grid and our generation capacity. The more we rely on one energy source the more vulnerable we become. Then there is the aspect of trying to build additional generation capacity. The environmentalists will fight that tooth and nail.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 03:25 PM

It would be alot easier and cheaper to rid the country of those infected with libtardism
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 03:30 PM

Gonna go get me an old junky Toyota and convert it over to wood fired like Yoosless did on mountain man. Then when it don't work I'll run it off a mountain and destroy it.
Posted By: Tedo

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 03:39 PM

What do these electric vehicles use for a heat source in cold weather or AC when hot? A electric heater would dramatically reduce range as would the additional load running ac compressor.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 03:43 PM

That's quaint thinking you can take vacations in private vehicles when electric vehicles becomes mandated

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
It would be alot easier and cheaper to rid the country of those infected with libtardism

This statement has added a lot to the conversation. Very informative and thought provoking.
Posted By: atrapper

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 03:50 PM

Very interesting and informative Loosegoose. I think you're right. A battery exchange would be the simplest, fastest, and most efficient way to operate. It's amazing how far and fast technology (battery size) has evolved. It certainly stands to reason that your vision would work.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 03:54 PM

Its all just fantasy and talking points. Electrical engineers have already pointed out that the electrical infrastructure simply wont handle the widespread use of electric vehicles. In one example they cited it looked at an average suburban neighbourhood. If every house had just one electric car in that neighbourhood the grid would go down as soon as they were plugged in. Can you imagine the cost to upgrade the grid to handle everyone driving electrical cars!! Thats assuming we had the power to begin with, which we dont. Dont sell that gas engine yet.
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 03:55 PM

The issues to me owning one would be:

1. The charging station I would have to put in costs a lot. We had two installed at our marina and I don't think my house power is enough.

2. Heat in winter as stated is a huge waste.

2. Overall range when driving to Grand bend to see the in laws is like a 6 hr drive...

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 03:56 PM

Tesla batteries weigh a half ton. Your gonna need a nascar pit crew to exchange batteries

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

This statement has added a lot to the conversation. Very informative and thought provoking.

You're welcome
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 03:58 PM

So do you really think people don't know about this?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 04:01 PM

They should ban all personal vehicles within city limits and force everyone there to use mass transit.
I can foresee that coming down the pike.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Its all just fantasy and talking points. Electrical engineers have already pointed out that the electrical infrastructure simply wont handle the widespread use of electric vehicles. In one example they cited it looked at an average suburban neighbourhood. If every house had just one electric car in that neighbourhood the grid would go down as soon as they were plugged in. Can you imagine the cost to upgrade the grid to handle everyone driving electrical cars!! Thats assuming we had the power to begin with, which we dont. Dont sell that gas engine yet.

It'd require a significant upgrade in electrical capacity, but probably not as much as you'd think. There are challenged to be conquered for sure regarding the grid, but it can be done.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by M.Magis
So do you really think people don't know about this?

I think most people know it at heart but they just don't want to believe it.
Posted By: Cletis Richards

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
If they get their way, no one will get to do anything, no travel, have to eat grass, all in the name of "saving the planet"! Resist all their nonsense!
I picked up a few 12 gauge Fiocchi hulls at the skeet range last night, you know the clear ones so you can see that they are the ones you loaded 00 buck in - at a glance

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 05:08 PM

Well Clete, it looks like the goose is all in! No resistance from he or boco. Looks like we're screwed!
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Since most of the people that are shoving elc cars down our throats fly everywhere or they are driven across town they miss a big problem with elec cars. OR just don't care because they know they won't work. HOW will a family vacation look In the future. We drive 700 miles to the beach once a year . I pull in to a GAS station and in 15 -20 minutes ,trucks full , bathroom breaks and drinks in hand back on the rode. OK in their dumb idiot world. I drive 250 miles pull in to a CHARGING station . Sit 2-3 hours . Drive another 250 repeat. . 10 hour drive now take over 16 hrs.

By the this may take place, your kids will be grown up and your family trips will be memories.

Also, they don't care.
Posted By: ToTheWoods

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 05:16 PM

They don't want you to travel. Take away all the joy and happiness from people and their hope is you will eventually give up altogether.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 05:21 PM

If we keep looking at the future through our review mirror, we won't see where we are going. If the electric vehicle catches on the supportive industries will be there as well.

Bryce
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 05:22 PM

It's about control, think about it.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 05:25 PM

So many problems with electric cars.
250 miles on one charge will be greatly reduced in cold weather climates.
Batteries are very expensive.
Electric cars are about double the price of a standard, comparable automobile.
What if you are caught in a traffic jam where several vehicles ran out of battery? Who do you call? I see this happening a lot.
What happens to all the batteries that die?

The solution to all of this nonsense is LP gas. Clean burning, much less costly than electric cars, and far more reliable and practical.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 06:24 PM

When it costs $20 to trade in a empty 20# propane tank for a full one, what will it cost to trade in a battery? And, there'll likely be a disposal fee when they go bad. Sounds like something the rich will enjoy and the working class will go without. And the elite will still have their private jets of course.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 06:37 PM

I think the way we are headed with the hybrid electric/gas power plants is a good move and we should let the market drive the change. All the energy used by the vehicle is generated by a small internal combustion engine running most of the time at peak efficiency. It charges the battery when it has extra power and the battery powered electric motor kicks in when more power is needed than the engine can generate. They are very fuel efficient and support the development of improved batteries, and have no range limitation. Developing a market by providing a superior product is a whole lot better than trying to legislate a technological leap.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 06:47 PM

Well Clete, it looks like the goose is all in! No resistance from he or boco. Looks like we're screwed!

Pretty much, yup. I've never once advocated for governmental force to be used to implement electric vehicles. But, that's the way the market is headed, whether you like it or not. Complaining about electric cars is no different than a horse and.buggy maker complaining about cars (they carry around gasoline!!!! They go so fast), or a 1970s mechanic complaining about solid state ignition and fuel injection (the voltage might kill me!!! 40 psi fuel pressure!!!! Too hard to work on!!!!! Can't improve performance!!!!!!)

Look, I like cool cars as much as the next guy. I daily drive a 77 F150. But electric cars are coming. You can either.bury your head in the sand, or you can accept it. I plan on making money off of it,.when they break I'll fix em. All the old mechanics who didn't want to learn how to work on them can stand by their tool boxes and twiddle their thumbs.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by EdP
I think the way we are headed with the hybrid electric/gas power plants is a good move and we should let the market drive the change. All the energy used by the vehicle is generated by a small internal combustion engine running most of the time at peak efficiency. It charges the battery when it has extra power and the battery powered electric motor kicks in when more power is needed than the engine can generate. They are very fuel efficient and support the development of improved batteries, and have no range limitation. Developing a market by providing a superior product is a whole lot better than trying to legislate a technological leap.

That's how the chevy volt operates....it uses the electric motor to drive, the gas engine is only there to charge the batteries.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 06:57 PM

Pretty much, yup. I've never once advocated for governmental force to be used to implement electric vehicles. But, that's the way the market is headed, whether you like it or not. Complaining about electric cars is no different than a horse and.buggy maker complaining about cars (they carry around gasoline!!!! They go so fast), or a 1970s mechanic complaining about solid state ignition and fuel injection (the voltage might kill me!!! 40 psi fuel pressure!!!! Too hard to work on!!!!! Can't improve performance!!!!!!)

Look, I like cool cars as much as the next guy. I daily drive a 77 F150. But electric cars are coming. You can either.bury your head in the sand, or you can accept it. I plan on making money off of it,.when they break I'll fix em. All the old mechanics who didn't want to learn how to work on them can stand by their tool boxes and twiddle their thumbs.

Will you be allowed to work on them unless you're a dealer mechanic?

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 06:59 PM

So if it still has a gas engine what are we gaining? Other than added expense of an electric motor that has to run on the power provided by the gas engine. Maybe they could just sell the lektrik car and throw in a Honda generator.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 07:01 PM

So while our military uses electric powered vehicles, the rest of the world (our enemies) run on gas-powered engines. Wonder who'll win that contest?
While we are closing down our coal fired plants, China is building more. Can China or Russia be trusted to convert to electric from fossil fuels? I doubt these two countries place the environment at the top of their list of concerns, not to mention countries like Iran, North Korea, etc.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
[quote=loosegoose]

Maybe. Dealers are taking more control over their vehicles, as they own the intellectual rights (module programming and such) to them. Most likely, independence places will still be able to work on them, but you'll have to use a manufacturer specific scan tool. That's how dodges are now. Anything after 2018 has to use a factory scan tool with an internet connection for most functions. The scan tool reports back to dodge codes and such, and dodge keeps track of that to improve vehicles and come up with programming updates. I assume it'll probably be the same for all electric vehicles.

In any case, as a mechanic, I can either accept it and learn to work on them and make money, or I can tidy up my tool box and sweep floors while the other guy works on them. It doesn't really matter how I feel about them, they're coming no matter what so all I can do is be ready.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 07:19 PM

Personally, I think it will eventually be hydrogen cars in the end.

Apparently it's a major pain to put out EV batteries so figuring out a reliable way to quickly put them out permanently would be more worthwhile

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 07:24 PM

I have seen some bicycles with electric assist motors on them. I guess it makes exercise a lot less work!

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 07:43 PM

[quote=loosegoose]

Maybe. Dealers are taking more control over their vehicles, as they own the intellectual rights (module programming and such) to them. Most likely, independence places will still be able to work on them, but you'll have to use a manufacturer specific scan tool. That's how dodges are now. Anything after 2018 has to use a factory scan tool with an internet connection for most functions. The scan tool reports back to dodge codes and such, and dodge keeps track of that to improve vehicles and come up with programming updates. I assume it'll probably be the same for all electric vehicles.

In any case, as a mechanic, I can either accept it and learn to work on them and make money, or I can tidy up my tool box and sweep floors while the other guy works on them. It doesn't really matter how I feel about them, they're coming no matter what so all I can do is be ready.

You'll be dead before you run out of gas powered cars to work on

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 07:44 PM

I know there will still be plenty of gas powered cars around. But I'd.better be able to work on the electrics as well.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 07:45 PM

I know there will still be plenty of gas powered cars around. But I'd.better be able to work on the electrics as well.

Agree
Posted By: Squash

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 07:53 PM

Battery exchange system will be a nightmare. Unhook your battery in your vehicle today for a second , and now your computer needs rebooting.
Can take 100 miles of driving to reset.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Squash
Battery exchange system will be a nightmare. Unhook your battery in your vehicle today for a second , and now your computer needs rebooting.
Can take 100 miles of driving to reset.

You're referring to the 12v battery. Yes, unhooking that can be a pain in the butt. But you could in theory exchange the traction battery while the 12v battery stays hooked up, avoiding all those problems.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 07:56 PM

I'm not sure you can exchange a battery shy of at a shop. The tesla battery looks like it sits directly on the frame and takes all of the frame, it weighs 1200 pounds

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 07:59 PM

So your saying it takes two batteries. Traction and 12 volt to run electronics ? Sounds like problems.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Squash
So your saying it takes two batteries. Traction and 12 volt to run electronics ? Sounds like problems.

The headlights, radio, etc still run off of 12v.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 08:15 PM

I'm not sure you can exchange a battery shy of at a shop. The tesla battery looks like it sits directly on the frame and takes all of the frame, it weighs 1200 pounds

We're not there yet, no. Hybrid batteries are small enough, but not sure electric. But maybe with new technology. That's why it's important that this doesn't get pushed through governmental regulation. Give the market.time, and it'll sort these issues out on its own.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 08:19 PM

Anybody remember bucknebraska? He got pretty upset when I said using nuclear energy to split water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen would be a good thing. There is some energy loss as it takes more energy to split the molecule than you get from burning the elements, but I suspect the energy loss would be substantially less than the energy loss through power lines. The fuel could be produced on site. If sea water is used salt would be a by product also. Along with other minerals. The exhaust from burning hydrogen is steam. Would be some weather changes I am sure but I don't think they would be catastrophic.

buck said it was to dangerous. i still dont see it that way. Nuclear waste is what AOC and her handlers scream when nuclear is mentioned.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 08:51 PM

OK the OTHER MAJOR thing the lefty chuckleheads DON'T want you to know is where will the batteries internals come from ? Do a quick google and look at the nickel cadmium mines and what the land around them looks like. OH yes China will be driving gas powered brinks trucks to the bank with all the trillions of dollars they will make off the US.
The left don't want to publish the effects on the environment that producing enough batteries to run these cars !!!! PLUS John (lurch) Kerry answer me this. How are we going to be at ZERO emissions and still have planes in the sky ???????

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by EdP

That's how the chevy volt operates....it uses the electric motor to drive, the gas engine is only there to charge the batteries.

UH you seen any of them lately LOL. Most caught fie and burned the house down with it.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 08:57 PM

GM is pushing for this because in the FINE print of BOBO's 2.9 trillion spending package is 180 billion in elec car development. Gm going to get the vast majority of that
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 08:57 PM

They have prototypes now that have a 500 mile cruise range and top speeds exceeding internal combustion engines. New batteries are also being researched but not everyone will use them for vacation some I reckon most driving miles are in cities commuting to work and stores.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 09:05 PM

I'd think a 1200# battery would cut down on gas mileage considerably......see what I did there.......
And cruise night would be eliminated so Nessy couldn't go cruise in his GTO no more.
Posted By: Clark

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 09:07 PM

The amount of ignorance and angst that comes gushing forth over a product that you can willingly choose to avoid is quite astounding. I think there are deeper issues at work if you get worked up about something that really isn’t a reality for most people. And won’t be for at least another decade. Half of you won’t be able to drive by then anyway.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Clark
The amount of ignorance and angst that comes gushing forth over a product that you can willingly choose to avoid is quite astounding. I think there are deeper issues at work if you get worked up about something that really isn’t a reality for most people. And won’t be for at least another decade. Half of you won’t be able to drive by then anyway.

Yep, don't worry about Gubmint shutting down coal mines, oil use, pipelines, etc. It isn't a reality...

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 09:16 PM

To move you and a vechile from point A to point B you need X amount of energy. Now you can poor the composted dinosaurs right into the tank of the vechile or burn them elsewhere and then get said energy to the vechile. Via transfer meds, wires, chargers and batteries with all the losses that are involved in all those processes, resulting that one needs to burn more dinosaurs to get from point A: to point B: ...its really not rocket surgery. Anyone with an IQ north of an iceberg lettuce can work that out. If anyone thinks that we can in just 14 years more than quadruple the production of energy with renewable sources and build the necessary infrastructure in that time frame as well. .... Wanna buy a bridge ??

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 09:31 PM

You bet several more issues. This ADM is nuts and has enough IGNORANT people and some that visit here behind him to send us to heck in a hand basket. FAST !! But I guess 78 million people can't be wrong (biden voters) or supposed voters?

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 09:59 PM

I'd actually love to have a Tesla Truck once they fix the bugs as a run around trapping truck. It's not about disliking of EVs at all. The problem is that they are going to be the only means of transportation or at least no new petro vehicles on the road in many countries and some states here in the next decade for no reason other than militant virtue signalling and corruption. Nothing at all to do with safety, the environment, efficiency or superiority. Same can be said for most forms of renewable energy.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 10:09 PM

If EV's were that good of an idea, the gubbernment would not have to force them down peoples throats.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 10:28 PM

Zero emissions is a pipe dream. Still going to need fossil fuel to build the roads and other infrastructure , mine and log the resources, grow the food, move the freight, fly the rich, etc..........
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 10:29 PM

When you need a solution to a problem, you can consult engineers familiar with the discipline in which the problem resides. To really muck things up, requires politicians. They are possibly the dumbest people on the planet, followed closely by entertainers and athletes.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 10:29 PM

Zero emission is bull crap. You just burn the fuel in a different place to produce the electricity that runs those things
Posted By: Clark

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 10:38 PM

You bet several more issues. This ADM is nuts and has enough IGNORANT people and some that visit here behind him to send us to heck in a hand basket. FAST !! But I guess 78 million people can't be wrong (biden voters) or supposed voters?

I meant personal issues. If you’re that mad about something that doesn’t affect you and likely won’t for 10-20 years then you may have issues that need the help of a licensed professional.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 10:39 PM

It would not take much of an engineer to design an interchangeable battery of batteries that a robot quickly pulls out of your car and replaces, quicker than you can fill a large tank now at the pump.

Keith

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 10:46 PM

You are an intelligent fellow Keith. Think a little bigger picture.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 10:48 PM

Never ask an engineer to solve a problem. Ask him if your math checks out , but never to design it.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 10:53 PM

Ever since Al Gore saved the world with fluorescent lite bulbs I've been waiting for an electric car mine will have a hand held remote control

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 10:55 PM

All industries employ a lot of engineers and pay them a lot of money to solve problems and design new systems, products,etc. Let them know they are wasting their money and they will reward you handsomely.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/28/21 11:31 PM

You have two types of engineers...the creatives and the type that fixes the former's convoluted messes. Many companies dont bring the latter type in until its too late.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 12:26 AM

I bought one of those electric turds, back when momma was still working. I thought it was pretty slick, but it spent more time at the shop that anything I had ever owned. Last time we got it out of the shop, I went to the chevy dealer and traded that turd off. Never again for me, all that angst for a couple more mpg's!

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 12:40 AM

An old man built the Ark but engineers built the Titanic !

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:09 AM

Very true. Engineers weren't on iceberg watch, piloting the ship or deciding on the number of lifeboats either. It was a nice try though.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
You are an intelligent fellow Keith. Think a little bigger picture.

Do you mean like an electric grid the vehicles ride on and continuously pull the necessary power from?

I think the real push in most cities will be for publicly owned vehicles that anyone can use for a small fee. Privately owned vehicles spend most of their time just parked, taking up space.

Keith
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:15 AM

You'll be saving the Planet and AOC will send an autographed photo of her at the beach. Win win!!!!
sick sick sick

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:20 AM

That's bigger picture thinking, Keith. Anything to keep her busy enough she doesn't have time to speak! We could all make a fortune by investing in crayons.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:21 AM

I will do like I always have done when something new comes along-wait a couple years til they get all the bugs worked out then try one out.
If its a benefit to me I'll buy one and use it.
As of now there are more and more showing up in the towns.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
I will do like I always have done when something new comes along-wait a couple years til they get all the bugs worked out then try one out.
If its a benefit to me I'll buy one and use it.
As of now there are more and more showing up in the towns.

That's a logical approach. If they turn out to be a good thing they will sell.
Posted By: Gene Dziza

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:34 AM

I have a body shop that is certified to repair Teslas. I thought a good way to understand them was to get one. Holy cow, I love the thing. I drive a few hours and then I have to stop for a half-hour. After 3 hours, I'm ready. I plug my trip into the computer and the car directs me to a charging station as needed. The car tells me how many ports are open and how long it will take to charge it. It's never taken me longer than about 20 minutes or so. I look forward to the stops. We get food and water, use the bathroom and sometimes go for a little walk. My phone tells me my charge level and how much longer I have to a full charge. The charging stations are well located with amenities available. You just plug the car in and it identifies your car and charges your account (credit card). Costs me about 8 bucks.

I got a Model 3, the cheapest model, and added AWD and self-driving capabilities. The technology is amazing. And talk about acceleration and handling. After I got this thing and saw how it worked, I thought, we're all going to be driving batteries someday and my cars are going to go the way of my power tools. I think gas and diesel will be around for a long time but I worry about the cost of fuel in the future.

Now don't hate me for loving my Tesla. Lol

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:40 AM

To each his own, but that's way more complicated than I want to deal with. I kinda like just glancing at the gauge, pulling into a gas station whenever it gets low, fill it up and go.
Posted By: charles

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:43 AM

I know a few people with EVs, but they also have a gasoline vehicle too. Can't get by on an EV alone.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
To each his own, but that's way more complicated than I want to deal with. I kinda like just glancing at the gauge, pulling into a gas station whenever it gets low, fill it up and go.

Yep, definitely not for everyone. As Charles stated, I couldn't own only an electric car. I certainly didn't invest in one to be environmentally friendly, but it sure opened my eyes to the technology. It works well and now it's my favorite car in the stable for driving around town, or a long road trip.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 02:20 AM

Thanks for the post Gene. Some good information. Have you used it in extreme
temperatures yet? How is the battery life and creature comforts when January and February roll around?

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
Thanks for the post Gene. Some good information. Have you used it in extreme
temperatures yet? How is the battery life and creature comforts when January and February roll around?

I haven’t done any long winter trips. I’ve only driven it around town in those months. I would not expect it to be much different. I keep it at around 68-70 degrees all year round. I never really considered the weather. I haven’t noticed any difference.

The only maintenance I’ve had to do is downloading computer updates. I just hit a button. It’s different, that’s for sure.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 02:49 AM

Thanks for the update. How long have you owned it?

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 03:06 AM

I've had it for about two years. One thing I thought was pretty cool was being able to turn the heat or a/c on with my phone if I'm in someplace and want to warm the car up or cool it down I can also have the car come and pick me up in a parking lot. I never do it because it's a little scary to see your car coming through the Walmart parking lot with nobody in it.

Autopilot works well but I only use it on the main interstates. But it works really well. It's a little scary too.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Gene Dziza
I've had it for about two years. One thing I thought was pretty cool was being able to turn the heat or a/c on with my phone if I'm in someplace and want to warm the car up or cool it down I can also have the car come and pick me up in a parking lot. I never do it because it's a little scary to see your car coming through the Walmart parking lot with nobody in it.

Autopilot works well but I only use it on the main interstates. But it works really well. It's a little scary too.

Hard to believe there are numerous charging stations in Montana. Any other Mt. residents that can verify this?

Thieves are heavy into stealing catalytic converters these days. Light weight batteries in electric vehicles might be the next big item for thieves.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 03:46 AM

I meant personal issues. If you’re that mad about something that doesn’t affect you and likely won’t for 10-20 years then you may have issues that need the help of a licensed professional.

If you think this will not affect us all regardless of our age your bring short sighted and looking at the little picture with blinders. Think bigger things to come because of this.

Tax per mile becuse no gas tax paid by ev . This will likely be a gps tracker on all vehicles.

More taxes on gas and diesel to force people into electric vehicles. So higher fuel and maintenance cost just to operate.

That's just 2 off the top of my head but your right it won't affect us for 10 years right? OK....

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 12:45 PM

OK you must have a BLM flag in your yard . Or an antifa sticker on the bumper. WHY does a liberal think some one is MAD if they voice their opinion. You at least have to be dem. That is their way of thinking. WHEN the left is always mad if someone questions the out come of their STUPID agenda. Mad if they don't get their way . Mad if a person tries to live life by the word of GOD !!! I won't be surprised if after this comment you call me racist . That's their last and desperate action if all else fails.. .. LOL

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by martentrapper

Hard to believe there are numerous charging stations in Montana. Any other Mt. residents that can verify this?

Thieves are heavy into stealing catalytic converters these days. Light weight batteries in electric vehicles might be the next big item for thieves.

I don't think EV batteries would be accessible enough for theft.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 12:58 PM

I have a body shop that is certified to repair Teslas. I thought a good way to understand them was to get one. Holy cow, I love the thing. I drive a few hours and then I have to stop for a half-hour. After 3 hours, I'm ready. I plug my trip into the computer and the car directs me to a charging station as needed. The car tells me how many ports are open and how long it will take to charge it. It's never taken me longer than about 20 minutes or so. I look forward to the stops. We get food and water, use the bathroom and sometimes go for a little walk. My phone tells me my charge level and how much longer I have to a full charge. The charging stations are well located with amenities available. You just plug the car in and it identifies your car and charges your account (credit card). Costs me about 8 bucks.

I got a Model 3, the cheapest model, and added AWD and self-driving capabilities. The technology is amazing. And talk about acceleration and handling. After I got this thing and saw how it worked, I thought, we're all going to be driving batteries someday and my cars are going to go the way of my power tools. I think gas and diesel will be around for a long time but I worry about the cost of fuel in the future.

Now don't hate me for loving my Tesla. Lol

Yes it sounds like unicorns and butterflys coming out of someones but. Great experience since you are the only one in town with one. OR you make up LESS than .00006% of cars on the road. Heck just say 50% are electric then get back to us how pleasant your "charging experience is " Daddy's cussing, Momma hollering , kids crying, Bathroom back up. 10 plugs and 50 cars in line for a 3 hour charge!!
Now where are the unicorns and butterflys ?

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:04 PM

People complaining about the dangers of electric cars today probably would have complained about the dangers of gas cars, had they been alive in the early 1900s. "We need to keep our horse and buggies! There's no infrastructure to refuel these newfangled contraptions! They carry around several gallons of gasoline, they're practically a driving bomb! And then they wanna zoom around on the road mere feet from each other!! Oh, the madness of it all!!!!!"

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:07 PM

People complaining about the dangers of electric cars today probably would have complained about the dangers of gas cars, had they been alive in the early 1900s. "We need to keep our horse and buggies! There's no infrastructure to refuel these newfangled contraptions! They carry around several gallons of gasoline, they're practically a driving bomb! And then they wanna zoom around on the road mere feet from each other!! Oh, the madness of it all!!!!!"

Funny you mention that goose. Here in KY there is a law on the books that says a motorized vehicle has to have someone walking 50 yards in front warning others a car is coming LOL. Think it was to stop run away buggies with damselles in distress

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:11 PM

Funny you mention that goose. Here in KY there is a law on the books that says a motorized vehicle has to have someone walking 50 yards in front warning others a car is coming LOL. Think it was to stop run away buggies with damselles in distress

I've heard of that before. I think the person in front thad to carry a lantern at night.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:16 PM

Hope it doesn't catch fire ! One last week caught fire and after 35,000 gallons of water and 4 fire depts. they finally called tesla asking how to put out the fire. They said let it burn out. OH yes burned for 4 HRS !!! Wonder what kind of omision trade off the burning battery vs the gas a car would have burnt in it's life time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/04/19/tesla-texas-driverless-crash/
Posted By: tightwad

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 01:37 PM

There will be options, roof top windmill for cloudy days or night driving, solar panel sunshine days, or charging system built into the rotating tires. Park on a hill just in case, where the sun might shine.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 02:17 PM

Remember when I was a little guy.. Someone said by time your old enough to drive son.. Cars be running around on puffs air like on Jetson's..Well that didn't happen..Then for a while everyone got all undies in a bundle..Unleaded gas going ruin ever car there is be the end of it all ruin my motor..Then heard Oh my god Hybrids never going work.. who can afford that crap, will be the ruin of it all..What bunch whooie that all is electric cars going ruin things for sure..
I may not live long enough to see it only electric cars. But probably going to happen as next generation takes it for the norm. I mean already is plenty electric cars just not dialed in.. But hey my first cell phone weighed like 5lbs and all I could do was make a phone call. Some times in just certain places....How barbaric was that..
I think most us be better off do what we do..Pick what we except and use it. Maybe not worry so much what others do..As someone recently told me. Watch your own Bobber don't worry about mine..But I think ya got a bite????

I do think it's terrible though that my dogs breath still smells like dog chow..:-)

Mac

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 06:36 PM

I can't believe an all electric car doesn't use any more battery power in cold weather when you need to run a heater or in the summer when you are using AC than when you're not.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 08:38 PM

LOL I been doing that for years in my 28,000 dollar chevy pickup with onstar !!! What that robot set you back?

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 10:31 PM

Onstar???? I’m missing something. I’ve got a couple of vehicles with Onstar.

Base price is about $35,000. All wheel drive and autopilot brings it up to about $50,000. Autopilot is about a $6,000 upgrade. I wouldn’t recommend it but I wanted to experience and understand it well and the technology is really cool. It works well! We use the Tesla to shuttle customers around and sometimes let them drive it and they think that’s great. For sure, they talk about it when they get to work and that’s what I want. It’s a process getting certified but we are getting to see quite a few Tesla’s from a long ways brought to us.

I didn’t say weather doesn’t affect the battery, I said I haven’t really noticed anything and I also said I haven’t done any long trips in the winter.

I’m sorry guys, but electric cars are coming. It’s coming because it works. Think of all the moving parts in an internal combustion engine and compare it to a battery. Battery technology is progressing and charging will take a fraction of the time it now takes. (Oops, I just crapped another unicorn, right Jbyrd? Lol)

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/29/21 11:18 PM

Base price is about $35,000. All wheel drive and autopilot brings it up to about $50,000. Autopilot is about a $6,000 upgrade. I wouldn’t recommend it but I wanted to experience and understand it well and the technology is really cool. It works well! We use the Tesla to shuttle customers around and sometimes let them drive it and they think that’s great. For sure, they talk about it when they get to work and that’s what I want. It’s a process getting certified but we are getting to see quite a few Tesla’s from a long ways brought to us.

I didn’t say weather doesn’t affect the battery, I said I haven’t really noticed anything and I also said I haven’t done any long trips in the winter.

I’m sorry guys, but electric cars are coming. It’s coming because it works. Think of all the moving parts in an internal combustion engine and compare it to a battery. Battery technology is progressing and charging will take a fraction of the time it now takes. (Oops, I just crapped another unicorn, right Jbyrd? Lol)

What all is involved in getting certified to do body work on Teslas? Is it mostly just safety stuff regarding the electric cables?

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 12:15 AM

A lot of Tesla specific training. It’s a different animal. We have to be able to pull batteries, etc. Tesla has very specific procedures for repairing everything. They did quite a bit of research and investigation of us before selecting us. If a shop is not certified, they can’t even buy parts for them. They want to make sure we know what we’re doing if we’re fixing one. I’m going offline. Time to watch the NFL draft.
Posted By: thrstyunderwater

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 12:26 AM

The only constant is change.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 01:12 AM

E Cars are coming, not because they are better but because the Gov. is pushing this. The Gov. is also pushing charging stations and mandating the use of both. If they were so great we wouldn't have to subsidize it.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
E Cars are coming, not because they are better but because the Gov. is pushing this. The Gov. is also pushing charging stations and mandating the use of both. If they were so great we wouldn't have to subsidize it.

It's not about what you want, it's about what they deem to be good for you.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 02:03 AM

Are you for getting rid of oil subsidies too, right? Let's get rid of all subsidies and let the market decide.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 02:34 AM

Are you for getting rid of oil subsidies too, right? Let's get rid of all subsidies and let the market decide.

Yes, as a matter of fact I am.

Everybody here seems to be saying electric cars are coming, there are way more of them than there were a few years ago. I remember when they were saying that back in the nineties. Hasn't happened yet. From my perspective there were a lot more of them around ten years ago than there are today. Look at all the electric cars that used to be made by the Big Auto companies, now look how many are made by them today. Tesla is a niche market and has done quite well, but even hybrids aren't near as common as they were a few years ago. Mainly because your average Honda car gets as good or better gas mileage than your average hybrid. Costs less to buy, less to maintain, is more reliable and costs about the same to operate. Hybrids nowadays are mainly a status symbol; except in places government is trying to force people to hybrids and electric cars through legislation.

You know Chevrolet makes a hybrid half ton pickup? According to THEIR published average mpg it gets 1 mpg LESS than the same pickup with their six cylinder gas engine in it. And costs significantly more. Why do you think you see virtually none of them on the road?

I think we should let the free market operate, there will be people who buy electric cars because they think they are better for the environment, more efficient, economical, whatever. There will be people who buy fuel efficient gas cars because they think they are cheaper, more efficient, economical, better for the environment or more reliable. There will be people who buy gas guzzlers hot rods because they have more power, are faster, and look cool. But if the free market is left free electric cars will take over when and if they become feasible and desireable to the majority of consumers. If they aren't feasible and reliable, they shouldn't be legislated mandatory.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 02:57 AM

Now for Scotty Kilmers take on electric cars. 10:24 run time , enjoy.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 03:31 AM

Do away with all subsidies, sure why not, in fact do away with half the fed Gov. jobs. I doubt anyone would notice. Next thing you know the Feds will force everyone to buy health ins. and call it a tax.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 08:48 PM

Yes got an app on my phone to start my car and truck in winter or summer. Lock unlock

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 08:51 PM

I was describing your experience at the charging station. Just wait until YOUR predictions of e cars taking over see how pleasant the charging docks become.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 09:25 PM

Base price is about $35,000. All wheel drive and autopilot brings it up to about $50,000. Autopilot is about a $6,000 upgrade. I wouldn’t recommend it but I wanted to experience and understand it well and the technology is really cool. It works well! We use the Tesla to shuttle customers around and sometimes let them drive it and they think that’s great. For sure, they talk about it when they get to work and that’s what I want. It’s a process getting certified but we are getting to see quitet a few Tesla’s from a long ways brought to us.

The battery alone isn't going to power an electric car.. it still requires a motor. A motor has moving parts that ;go bad too.
I wonder if 70 yrs from now guys will be tooling around in their old restored Tesla..
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 10:33 PM

if every car in the use today in the usa were electric, it would take 400 years to make the batteries, and every battery means removal of 500 tons of earth to mine the lithium to make each battery!

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 04/30/21 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
if every car in the use today in the usa were electric, it would take 400 years to make the batteries, and every battery means removal of 500 tons of earth to mine the lithium to make each battery!

NOW NOW you racist your trying to say with common sense and facts that the left's big baby is not going to work ! LOL
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 05/01/21 12:44 AM

Well aint that special, you and I finally agree on sumpin.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 05/03/21 03:06 AM

What is Blue Gas or is it just another name for hydrogen to get our mind off the Hindenburg. I see this article came out in Feb but this is the first time I heard of it, but usually I'm behind and catch things the second or third time around, lol.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/blue-gas-could-become-a-tesla-killer/ar-BB1dOsgr
Posted By: waggler

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 05/03/21 04:09 AM

Electric cars might work for around town and commutes, but when I see the amount of traffic going north and south between Seattle and San Diego I just can't imagine everone needing to stop every 150 miles or so to recharge. Then taking 30 minutes or more to recharge. Can you imagine the number of charging stations that would be needed to accomplish that? Ridiculous.
Not to mention the many extra hours it would take to make the trip.

Many of the better cars now report 250 miles per charge, but yhat is under the best of conditions; no mountain driving, warm weather, and daylight driving. Start adding any extra energy demands and the ranges rapidly deteriorate.

However, if the leftists get their way they will just decree that things like vacation travel are non-essential and prohibit such travel; that will make electric cars feasible. Perfect.

Check out this article, looks like lots of Californians are giving up on electric cars.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/1...itching-back-gas-because-charging-hassle
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 05/03/21 10:13 AM

Electric cars may prove out in the future sometime but we don't have the technology today to make it work. Our electrical grid loses 8-15% just in transmission. Factor in battery inefficiency which is another 10% or so and 20% of the electricity generated is lost. That number is compounded if we use batteries to store electricity for days the wind dont blow or its cloudy. Which will have to happen if we shut down coal, natural gas, and nuclear.

I dont have a problem with PRIVATELY funded research but we are a long ways from no more fossil fuel.

Too many politicians think all they have to do is spew hot air and those realities dont exist anymore.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 05/03/21 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
What is Blue Gas or is it just another name for hydrogen to get our mind off the Hindenburg. I see this article came out in Feb but this is the first time I heard of it, but usually I'm behind and catch things the second or third time around, lol.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/blue-gas-could-become-a-tesla-killer/ar-BB1dOsgr

Blue gas sounds like natural gas to me. They talk about hydrogen but they need natural gas to provide the hydrogen, so why not just burn natural gas to begin with? Kinda like using fossil fuel to make electricity for electric cars.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. - 05/03/21 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960

And where does the lithium come from, maybe China ? And they’ll be mining it with electric equipment, right ?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums