Posted By: rex123

Tim Scott - 04/29/21 02:44 AM

For president made a lot of sense.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Tim Scott - 04/29/21 03:01 AM

too squishy
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Tim Scott - 04/29/21 04:19 AM

I didn't buy a lot of what he was selling...maybe I'm naive, just didn't seem legitimate to me. (awaiting the persecution)
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Tim Scott - 04/29/21 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
too squishy

My thoughts also,..a little more horse power needed.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Tim Scott - 04/29/21 11:37 AM

Tim Scott needs to stay in the senate where we need him. He can probably serve in the senate for the rest of his life if he just stays put. If he tries to run for a higher office and loses and he will be out of politics never to return.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Tim Scott - 04/30/21 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Yukon John
I didn't buy a lot of what he was selling...maybe I'm naive, just didn't seem legitimate to me. (awaiting the persecution)

I would like to amend my comment...I did not watch the whole speech, and it seems that he was solemn with his statements. I certainly hope that he can guide the republican party in the right direction! If he actually believes what he says, he should do well, IMO.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Tim Scott - 04/30/21 05:36 PM

The Dems outlined a bushel basket of policies, some good, some not so good, expensive yes, social leaning for sure and many difficult to pass even in modified form, but the GOP offered 30 seconds on policy and the rest on social issues with no offerings. Looks like they are wanting to play defense for a 2 to 4 years. Defense is not a bad thing but what are you defending? That will be the question many moderate GOP members and independents will be asking. In our modern culture defending an on stated position loses initiative quickly.

Bryce
Posted By: GaTurkeyHunter

Re: Tim Scott - 04/30/21 06:09 PM

Trump or DeSantis
Posted By: Lazarus

Re: Tim Scott - 04/30/21 06:16 PM

Notice what the Democrats have succeeded in doing. Now only a Black Republican is allowed to have an opinion about anything, because all whites are racists. Love Tim Scott and hope he emerges as a leader in the Senate.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Tim Scott - 04/30/21 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lazarus
Notice what the Democrats have succeeded in doing. Now only a Black Republican is allowed to have an opinion about anything, because all whites are racists. Love Tim Scott and hope he emerges as a leader in the Senate.

Obviously you haven't seen the blacklash Mr. Scott received or you wouldn't say democrats even allow Blacks to have an opinion.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Tim Scott - 04/30/21 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
The Dems outlined a bushel basket of policies, some good, some not so good, expensive yes, social leaning for sure and many difficult to pass even in modified form, but the GOP offered 30 seconds on policy and the rest on social issues with no offerings. Looks like they are wanting to play defense for a 2 to 4 years. Defense is not a bad thing but what are you defending? That will be the question many moderate GOP members and independents will be asking. In our modern culture defending an on stated position loses initiative quickly.

Bryce

Romney won the independent vote in 12 and look how that worked out.
Posted By: white17

Re: Tim Scott - 04/30/21 07:10 PM

I must have misread the "good" policies
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Tim Scott - 05/01/21 01:22 AM

I didn't hear any good policies either. A Desantis-Scott ticket sounds good to me. The left is scared of both. That is why they attack both so ferociously.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums