Home

Rodgers on way out of Green Bay?

Posted By: trapper_85

Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 02:49 AM

Seems Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. Should the Packers trade him or refuse and make him play? Apparently contract talks are still in the works.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 03:55 AM

I used to love him about 3 or 4 years ago, but he has become such a crybaby, that I don't care if he ever plays again! He ran off a good coach, and got sooo close, but just couldn't get it done, so now he wants to leave? Good riddance, and best of luck!

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 03:56 AM

...I'm not even a Packers fan, so to speak!
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 09:33 AM

The packers have done nothing about getting him good veterans in free agency to win a super bowl these last few years. That's why he wants out. They wasted his prime years. I don't blame him. This is not a sport. It's a business.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 09:49 AM

I'd take that $120 million and go live in the mountains.
Posted By: corky

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 11:25 AM

Diva
Posted By: keets

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 11:37 AM

If he really wanted to win, He'd take a pay cut to help the team out
Posted By: 2cylinder

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 12:05 PM

Green Bay hasn't done him much favors in recent years. Davante Adam's has been the only real receiver they've had for a few years now. That TE Tonyan started doing something last year but who knows if he'll continue. While I think rodgers can be a crybaby... GB definitely hasn't tried to bring in good veterans to make a solid run. Like Tampa last year.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 12:47 PM

It's all about the drama! Rodgers got a new girlfriend. He clearly knows his days are numbered in Green Bay with last year's draft of Love. Last time he had a girl he played underwhelmingly the entire season. He has got a girl on his mind again ... wants to be closer to her to play house and. maybe get a head start on his next career before his football career goes down the toilet.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 01:00 PM

Never heard of her! grin
Posted By: EdP

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 01:32 PM

Rogers is a highly talented player but got beat by a better team in the NFC Championship game last year, and now his feelings are hurt. Brady worked with his teammates and helped deveop them into the winning unit they became. You could watch them get better and better as the season went on. It was key to making TB the winning team they were last year. Rogers played very well all year but didn't contribute to building an overall team for GB the way Brady did for TB. Now, instead of taking on the extra responsibility like Brady did, Rogers wants to blame someone else for the Super Bowl loss and get out.

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by keets

Have you ever thought about taking a pay cut to help your boss make more money?
Posted By: mskrtman

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 01:50 PM

Green Bay wasn't in the Super Bowl this year or last year Edp.

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by EdP
Rogers is a highly talented player but got beat by a better team in the Super Bowl last year, and now his feelings are hurt. Brady worked with his teammates and helped deveop them into the winning unit they became. You could watch them get better and better as the season went on. It was key to making TB the winning team they were last year. Rogers played very well all year but didn't contribute to building an overall team for GB the way Brady did for TB. Now, instead of taking on the extra responsibility like Brady did, Rogers wants to blame someone else for the Super Bowl loss and get out.

Now you're talking like James. Bahaha
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Scott__aR
It's all about the drama! Rodgers got a new girlfriend. He clearly knows his days are numbered in Green Bay with last year's draft of Love. Last time he had a girl he played underwhelmingly the entire season. He has got a girl on his mind again ... wants to be closer to her to play house and. maybe get a head start on his next career before his football career goes down the toilet.

This thread is useless without pictures.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 02:39 PM

Boycott the NFL, or support the business that infers your a racist and supports BLM.
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
Originally Posted by Scott__aR

This thread is useless without pictures.

For you walleye101

Dave

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 03:38 PM

Some details on Rodgers contract:

Report details how Aaron Rodgers’ contract talks with Packers went
April 29, 2021by Larry Brown

Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. That much has been established.

The 37-year-old quarterback was upset last year when the Packers drafted Jordan Love in the first round. Not only was that an obvious sign the Packers thought Rodgers’ career was winding down, but taking a quarterback prevented them from helping the team add first-round talent to other positions.

Rodgers gave obvious signs as soon as the season ended that he wasn’t happy with Green Bay. There was some thinking that he was angling for a new contract.

So what transpired that led up to Thursday’s report that Rodgers wants out? NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport says Rodgers’ agent went to Green Bay. Rodgers wanted a contract extension, but Green Bay just wanted to restructure his current deal, which runs through 2023. When word got out that Rodgers wasn’t happy, teams came calling. The Packers then offered Rodgers an extension, but nothing happened.

And that leads us to Thursday, when news leaked that Rodgers wants out.

Rodgers just won NFL MVP and seems to have at least a few good years left in him. The Packers probably had some reasonable concerns about committing so much money to him given Rodgers’ age. Now it seems he is ready to force his way out. Keep in mind that the Packers reportedly have felt limited by Rodgers’ contract.

Rodgers has three years left on his contract after signing a 4-year extension in 2018. He has a $37 million cap hit in 2021 and would cost the team $38 million in dead cap money if cut. His cap hit is nearly $40 million in 2022, though his dead cap money drops to $17 million, which is a more manageable amount of money if the Packers wanted to move on from him. Rodgers is taking up around 20 percent of the $182 million salary cap in 2021.

I believe Rodgers will be on the field as a Packer this season, he may not be happy about it but suck it up buttercup. As a Packer fan I would hate to see him leave with the drama we had with Brett's departure. Rodger's may have been MVP but he his game is slipping. Could the organization do more? Of course they can but where do you spend the money: defense, receivers, O line. When QB is 20% of your salary that doesn't leave much for rest of the roster.............

Dave
Posted By: EdP

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 03:41 PM

Green Bay wasn't in the Super Bowl this year or last year Edp.

Whoops, my bad. You are absolutely right, GB got beat in the NFC Championship game by Tampa, not the Super Bowl. I'll fix it.

Thanks mskrtman.
Posted By: corky

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 03:45 PM

Prediction: Rodgers gets traded after June 1st or after the 2021 season, depending on the offers the team gets.

From ProFootballTalk:

The Green Bay Packers say they’re not trading quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Just like multiple teams have said in the past, about multiple players who eventually were traded.

If the Packers are going to trade Rodgers, it could make sense to process the transaction as a post-June 1 deal.

Trading Rodgers before June 2 would result in a $31.55 million cap acceleration. Coupled with the cap charge coming from the $6.8 million roster bonus that Rodgers already has been paid, that would amount to $38.35 million in dead money.

A post-June 1 trade would reduce the added 2021 cap charge to $14.352 million, pushing the balance of $17.198 million to 2022.

Thus, even though teams like the Broncos and Raiders have used their 2021 first-round picks, the Packers would be better off waiting until June 2 to do the deal — which would entail getting draft picks in 2022 or beyond.

Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 03:56 PM

Smartest thing the Packers could do would be trade him. 37 years old he's not worth a signing bonus it would take to keep him.

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boycott the NFL, or support the business that infers your a racist and supports BLM.

Surely you and I are not the only ones who can see this (oh and sorry for calling you Shirley)
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 04:18 PM

No problem Elaine, I mean Lefty.

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 04:20 PM

grin
Posted By: hippie

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 06:22 PM

Funny how he stole the news when the draft was starting.
Posted By: trapper_85

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 06:23 PM

I don't expect the Packers to go all in to win the super bowl this year. When favre was there they brought in a bunch of guys for the run. Desmond howard. Keith jackson. Eugene robinson. etc They need a couple more savvy veterans that are hungry to get it done. A slot wr like cobb was. Another cornerback. A pro bowl middle linebacker. If they are not willing to do this then trade rodgers.One troubling point it that rodgers refused to convert some of his coins to a signing bonus to free up funds to sign a few folks.

His last few girlfriends were also much better looking.
Posted By: GARY M.

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 06:43 PM

Just another spoiled liberal.

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Alex the dog

For you walleye101

Dave

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks, and yes he should hold out for a different girlfriend.

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 08:07 PM

NFL is just another form of wwf. Just another story to create a buzz. Publicity is all they want.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 10:18 PM

He could always host a game show like Jeopardy.
Posted By: keets

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty

Have you ever thought about taking a pay cut to help your boss make more money?

I am the boss, so yes in a lot of ways

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 04/30/21 10:43 PM

Lol
Posted By: martyd

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/01/21 01:23 AM

Trade him in a heart beat. Always blaming some one. Coach , fans , teammates , politics , trump. Send him to the west coast with all the other crybaby liberals. Green Bay WI is for real men. MD
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/01/21 02:27 AM

Who?
Fthenfl!
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/01/21 03:15 AM

If you were the best at your job, would you give back half your salary to your boss so he could hire more workers and maybe replace you next year?????
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/01/21 03:34 AM

They said they won't trade him. So the only way he can leave would be to retire then he would have to pay them back over a 2 year period.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/01/21 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by bankrunner

If you were the best at your job, would you give back half your salary to your boss so he could hire more workers and maybe replace you next year?????

Depends on what your goals are. Either win super bowls and be known as a GOAT or make more money than you can ever spend.

Anyways Rogers aint the best, not even in the top 50 all time.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/01/21 10:05 AM

It must be my Scottish heritage. Or maybe German. Or French. Or English. Or one of 'em.
When your clan (NFL) attacks my clan, that's it. You can have your clan and we will never ever never support your way of life.

My dad is forever grouching about the politicking in the NFL... on and on he gripes.
Then he turns on the ballgame.

I love the old fart.
But that is giving aid and comfort to the opposers in my playbook.
C 26. C 26.
CYA NFL, NBA, and to any other bunch calling for the reshaping of America into utopia.
Not a nickel from the $$ me and the Mrs. earns from selling trapping goodies will be spent on the opposing "team.".
Not a penny.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/04/21 04:58 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/04/21 12:10 PM

What is to host Jeopardy for $200?
Posted By: mutt

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/04/21 12:20 PM

Every year when this show starts, it reminds me of a sceen from Mr Deeds.

clip
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/04/21 01:33 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/04/21 01:36 PM

He is no Alex Trebec.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/04/21 02:19 PM

But he was better then the other 3 idiots.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/04/21 04:38 PM

Rodgers is a Hall of Fame QB one day. He's one of the best of all time. He's also very arrogant. I'll always remember what he said when he was passed over in the draft by the 49ers. He was asked if he was disappointed that the 49ers didn't pick him? His answer was, "Not as disappointed as they are going to be for not picking me!"
Posted By: Ringneck1

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/04/21 06:09 PM

Send him to Denver. He wants to live in boulder, but hey, whats one more dem voter? having a real QB is 1000x better than the combination of simean, osweiler, keenum and lock. GB (and I'm a fan) is spoiled by going from Favre to AR without the QB merry go round Den is riding.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/05/21 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Rodgers is a Hall of Fame QB one day. He's one of the best of all time. He's also very arrogant. I'll always remember what he said when he was passed over in the draft by the 49ers. He was asked if he was disappointed that the 49ers didn't pick him? His answer was, "Not as disappointed as they are going to be for not picking me!"

Are you serious ? He doesn’t make players around him better. He’s a one and done...

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/05/21 02:05 AM

He will be in the HOF. Deservedly so, or not. He was one of the most exciting players to watch for several years!
Posted By: Ringneck1

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/05/21 02:41 AM

He is a first ballot hofer no doubt. Like him or not.

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/05/21 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck

Are you serious ? He doesn’t make players around him better. He’s a one and done...

He'll be in the HOF just on numbers alone. It's so watered down now anyway.
Posted By: WIMarshRAT

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/05/21 12:47 PM

He is definitely first ballot Hall of Fame and a top 10 qb of all time. He made a lot of sub 500 teams playoff teams.

No matter how good, I tend to agree with Terry Bradshaw.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/05/21 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck

I don't particularly care for Rodgers attitude like when he throws a pass to wide or high for a receiver and blames it on the receiver, not himself. He's definitely arrogant, but you can't argue with his stats. Proof will be when he makes the HOF on the first round.

Re: Rodgers on way out of Green Bay? - 05/05/21 05:46 PM

Rodgers does not make mistakes. His eye-rolls and on field anticts after an incompletion are so the fans understand that it was not his fault. If only Green Bay ownership would provide him better recievers there would never be an incomple pass. wink
© 2024 Trapperman Forums