RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman

Posted By: Nessmuck

RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/02/21 03:58 PM

[Linked Image]

Someone we all grew up with..RIP
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/02/21 08:11 PM

Sorry to hear.
He played a short part in "el dorado" with john wayne.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/02/21 11:33 PM

He fit the part well, good actor for his age. Never dreamed growing up, Chuck Conners would play for the other team, but he was a good pick for the Rifleman role and he sure racked them shots off in the intro. Great show, came on right after Daniel Boone and F troop....My favorites.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/02/21 11:55 PM

Tried his hand at singing also. I believe the young man on Laramie that played slim s kid brother was Johnny real brother.
Posted By: waggler

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/03/21 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
He fit the part well, good actor for his age. Never dreamed growing up, Chuck Conners would play for the other team, but he was a good pick for the Rifleman role and he sure racked them shots off in the intro. Great show, came on right after Daniel Boone and F troop....My favorites.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/03/21 12:54 AM

Loved the show and him, great actor for a kid in the rifleman.

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/03/21 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by waggler

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My freighter canoes name........
Posted By: Newt

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/03/21 07:31 PM

What did he die from
Posted By: 41cal

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/03/21 07:45 PM

He was battling alzheimers since being diagnosed in 2019 and was living in a memory care residence, where he contracted covid.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/03/21 09:36 PM

Some more info here -
https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0186844/?ref_=fn_al_nm_0
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/03/21 10:35 PM

Sad news, it was great growing up watching those shows, Lot of old guys on here. Nice canoe Nessy!!
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/03/21 10:57 PM

The Rifleman on YouTube- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwbKYj9vIgA&list=PLiPNgE-Z-5RQhZIzbOuzzC-4Q62Whl62f

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/03/21 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by LAtrapper

Just finished watching that.....^^^^^ Still love it !
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/04/21 05:15 PM

it was only rumourd,,,,,,,,,,,,chuck was mistaken for someone else that resembled him. conners seems to have been the foil for a cruel joke which many have stated started with Larry flint in hustler magazine when flint reportedly published a photo from a gay stag film evidently from the 1950's which still circulates the underground today reportedly and said that the male involved was conners.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/04/21 06:42 PM

Great show. RIP

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/04/21 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by foxkidd44

it was only rumourd,,,,,,,,,,,,chuck was mistaken for someone else that resembled him. conners seems to have been the foil for a cruel joke which many have stated started with Larry flint in hustler magazine when flint reportedly published a photo from a gay stag film evidently from the 1950's which still circulates the underground today reportedly and said that the male involved was conners.

I never heard that before. I really hope its true. I loved the show and thought Conners was cast well for the role. The intro sure sold the show.

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/05/21 12:07 AM

Still the BEST intro !!
Posted By: Drifter

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/05/21 12:57 AM

Never missed it when came on.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/05/21 12:59 AM

Rip
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/06/21 11:39 AM

Godspeed Johnny Crawford!

[Linked Image]

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/16/21 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck

Still the BEST intro !!

Ok I am going to say 10 rounds fired. Am I close? 10 or 12? Lol Ran into this on You Tube, figured I would try to count. He racked them off pretty quick!
Posted By: 080808

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/16/21 07:46 PM

I vote 12. Like any lever action Winchester. lol
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: RIP ....Johnny Crawford..Rifleman - 05/17/21 03:30 AM

We watched the first three episodes, 1958, the other day
© 2024 Trapperman Forums