Home

Ohio Turkeys Down

Posted By: bass10

Ohio Turkeys Down - 05/04/21 05:57 PM

Well been a different year for sure. Bird one was taken as he walked in with 3 other longbeards. Not a gobble one from any of them on roost or ground. I did a little tree yelping/soft calling twice, nothing. I happen to see a hen fly off roost and that kept me still and motivated. Second bird is a nice three year old, nothing from roost, I happen to hear a hen an hour after shooting light then it was followed up by the first gobble I heard. I called and he hammered, 3 hens walked in front of me but one was heading past me, I believe she was the hot one. Anyway, brightest white head I have ever shot and definitely the king as he came in with 2 other gobblers and 2 jakes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bowwhitetail

Re: Ohio Turkeys Down - 05/04/21 06:12 PM

Congratulations
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Ohio Turkeys Down - 05/04/21 06:14 PM

Awesome pics, congrats man!!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Ohio Turkeys Down - 05/04/21 08:19 PM

WTG !!!!!!!! nice birds smile
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Ohio Turkeys Down - 05/04/21 09:30 PM

Great job !! Yea they are messed up here too. Seem to be way behind normal in breeding cycle. Just now seeing gobblers in fields. Going in the morning for the first time. If thunder storms have moved out.
Posted By: capt.scott

Re: Ohio Turkeys Down - 05/05/21 12:50 AM

Congratulations
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Ohio Turkeys Down - 05/05/21 12:53 AM

Super Congrats
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Ohio Turkeys Down - 05/05/21 01:46 AM

Congrats!! Nice birds!

Re: Ohio Turkeys Down - 05/05/21 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Great job !! Yea they are messed up here too. Seem to be way behind normal in breeding cycle. Just now seeing gobblers in fields. Going in the morning for the first time. If thunder storms have moved out.

Yeh I honestly can't tell if they are not hooked up with their harem yet or if some hens were bred early. And the lack of gobbles from both the roost and ground is at an all time low here and I scouted most mornings for weeks before season. I did manage to take two yotes out of the population that may have had them quiet?

Re: Ohio Turkeys Down - 05/10/21 02:01 PM

Well son got it done and with work hasn't made it out much. Spent Mothers Day turkey hunting with dad, lol. Anyway a nice 3 year old bird as well. As tough as its been we are having a good year. Just need to get my future son in law on the board and we're set.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cascade Gina

Re: Ohio Turkeys Down - 05/10/21 03:43 PM

Wow great job!!! I am still hunting. :
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Ohio Turkeys Down - 05/10/21 03:57 PM

Nice birds all around, WTG
© 2024 Trapperman Forums