Home

GFW beats FHA

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 10:23 AM

The kid I gave my foxes to this year sold to GFW and averaged $3.85, I averaged $3.74 at FHA, but they were 3 years old. lol
Posted By: GARY M.

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 01:31 PM

I averaged more on all my fur this year from GFW, then FHA, the only exception was bobcats.
Posted By: hippie

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 02:23 PM

The Groeny detractors were only loud before the FHA sale. Been quiet since.
Posted By: Kre

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 03:17 PM

Who cares...why would anyone kill reds in this market?

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kre

Because I’m paid to do it.
Posted By: rszwieg

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 04:25 PM

$3.85 is still an insult to the fox...sigh.

I was considering trapping this year.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 04:34 PM

WILD RED FOX TAILS OR KEYCHAINS
3 Review(s)
$7.95

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt

WILD RED FOX TAILS OR KEYCHAINS
3 Review(s)
$7.95

Man, if you had only posted this three years ago before I sent them to FHA.

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 06:24 PM

3 years ago FHA said hvy red fox was in demand. I didn't send them any. Probably never will.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kre

I do and keep their numbers in check. I will always trap I enjoy doing it. Let their numbers soar and watch the mange take em out instead? I've never trapped to make a living and always lay out lines for a few critters. Never made money hunting or fishing and keep at them every year also. If you chose not to trap that's fine by me.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
The kid I gave my foxes to this year sold to GFW and averaged $3.85, I averaged $3.74 at FHA, but they were 3 years old. lol

I feel pretty good then. I averaged 4.85 for my fox from FHA. I didn't target fox this season but caught them in coyote sets. #3 Bridgers are a little to big for fox so they didn't get let go.
Posted By: 080808

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 08:27 PM

Turtledale. 2X
Posted By: otterc

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 09:28 PM

I caught three reds in coyote sets. Got $4 for one and $2 each for the other two. I have a beautiful extra large cherry red male in the freezer that will be tanned next fall when I put him up. They are too pretty to sell for less than $10. I am really struggling with my $15 dollar average on otter. I am thinking about sending this years to the tannery in the fall too.
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/07/21 10:44 PM

Wow and I was thinking 7.50 USD was crap for mine.....
Posted By: Joe1

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 01:17 AM

i understand wanting to trap but why put more cheap fur on the market your not doing it for the money give them to the guy running a freezer holding for better prices get them tanned maybe they will be worth something down the road your excuses are getting old and theirs not enough trapping to help the population
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 01:28 AM

Groeny Rocks!!!

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Joe1
i understand wanting to trap but why put more cheap fur on the market your not doing it for the money give them to the guy running a freezer holding for better prices get them tanned maybe they will be worth something down the road your excuses are getting old and theirs not enough trapping to help the population

or
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 08:13 AM

My do all get tanned and I market my own. No going on the market, no freezer, and my trapping does help the population where I trap. I have no excuses for trapping.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 12:45 PM

No one is doing any serious trapping for fur now unless they are trying to reach a goal that they could never do if there was any competition. I know there was at least one guy trying to catch 1000 coon to reach a goal and he could not even do it when there were no others trapping. They convince themselves there is money to be made when in fact they are hobby trapping. Hobby trappers are fine but that is keeping GFW and FHA making money.

I long for the days when I could sell a pickup load of coon on the carcass for 12.00 nose count for first week coon and run into five different trappers in every ditch daily. Catching 2300 coon at a thirty dollar average is real money. Doubt I will ever see it again but if it does happen I will be all in again. LLL
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 12:53 PM

Larry, get those traps ready. Might not see $30 but you will $20 25
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Larry, get those traps ready. Might not see $30 but you will $20 25

I would do it for twenty. lol, LLL

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 12:58 PM

You'd do it for ten.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 01:16 PM

We sold our foxes for what would be about $12 US dollars. I’m glad we didn’t send them to auction. We hate catching them in coyote sets at these prices.

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
You'd do it for ten.

I can't believe he isn't trapping 4000 coon for $5 to make the same money as 2000 coon for $10. I remember his old business model.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 04:04 PM

$10.00 is good 20.00 is better 30.00 I get a new truck
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 04:05 PM

What a shame on the Fox. 3 dollars
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 04:56 PM

What a shame on the Fox. 3 dollars

Truly sad...

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/08/21 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by stinkypete
$10.00 is good 20.00 is better 30.00 I get a new truck

Have you priced out a new truck?
Posted By: MO Ricky

Re: GFW beats FHA - 05/10/21 04:54 PM

You listed the worst 2 places in the world to sell fox.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums