Home

OT. IBC to portable power washer

Posted By: dogdown

OT. IBC to portable power washer - 05/11/21 12:19 AM

Is it possible for a gas powered portable power washer to pull water adequately from an IBC tote if pulling water from bottom?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: OT. IBC to portable power washer - 05/11/21 01:51 AM

most pressure washers require a number of GPM gallons per minute of supply , with only gravity pressure you are going to need a larger supply hose than if you have pressure

I think most people run a 12volt pump to feed enough GPM to the pressure washer , some run a small gas pump and a pressure relief valve that dumps back into the tank when ever the hose is not flowing
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: OT. IBC to portable power washer - 05/11/21 07:39 AM

Depends on the size of your line from the tank to pump, and the elevation change (head pressure). Check the specs of your pressure washer for required supply pressure and flow.

This calculator says that a 2" pipe with a 3 ft drop over 10 ft can flow 127 gpm. So with big enough hose you'll be fine.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/pipe-flow
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: OT. IBC to portable power washer - 05/11/21 01:04 PM

I have put a 12 volt bilge pump on the bottom of my water tank for those kind of purposes. It also fills the boat tanks when needed.

Re: OT. IBC to portable power washer - 05/12/21 12:34 AM

Thanks for the input, all advice considered and appreciated. Time to round up some parts.
Posted By: Twisted metal

Re: OT. IBC to portable power washer - 05/12/21 01:34 AM

I do it all the time and with my pressure washer I need the water supply elevated slightly to create a bit of head pressure. I use it to wash logging equipment in the woods before repairs

Re: OT. IBC to portable power washer - 05/14/21 01:09 AM

i figured it was possible just not sure whether or not it was a straight forward situation or something that would damage the washer.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums