Home

Any Gas Lines...

Posted By: Anonymous

Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 06:34 PM

in SEC country? Going to be like the 70's?
Posted By: Marty

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 06:42 PM

I heard 1/2 the stations in some east coast states are out of gas/fuel. If they can hack a pipeline then they can hack the grid....grid down for a week = chaos.
Posted By: finbar

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 07:01 PM

8PM last night in NC: no lines, no concerns. 10AM today, panic with lines and stations sold out. I guess it was the media that started the panic. I got gas on Saturday when I first heard the news.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 08:14 PM

Lines started last night. The Racetrac in front of me was out of gas at 6pm last night took me half an hour to fill up at the four pump mom and pop across the highway due to two deep at the pumps. On the way home I saw lines at the hole in the wall no one shops high price station.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 08:22 PM

J havent seen any in LR
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
I heard 1/2 the stations in some east coast states are out of gas/fuel. If they can hack a pipeline then they can hack an election and hack the grid....grid down for a week = chaos.
Posted By: GARY M.

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 09:16 PM

Only premium this morning left, the few stores around me are now out, in southeast Georgia.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 09:29 PM

we dont rely at all on the pipeline for our gas and last night stations were out of everything but premium. This morning they got a refill tanker about everywhere and shortly after there were people up there with a truck bed full of gas jugs.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by the Blak Spot
J havent seen any in LR

No shortages in Conway either. Prices just go up.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 10:10 PM

Kinda sounds like Jimmy Carter is back.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 10:12 PM

Jimmy carter all over again. That ignorant biden is worse than carter was, I believe! At least it took carter a couple years to completely f things up! I guess he got instructions from carter when he and jill went to visit them. Don't know whether we can stand another 100 days!
Posted By: Bob LaRue

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 10:27 PM

Around Jacksonville we have some gas lines. Of course the places with no lines have no gas.....
Wonder if I could stand in front of a gas station & sell toilet paper?
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man
we dont rely at all on the pipeline for our gas and last night stations were out of everything but premium. This morning they got a refill tanker about everywhere and shortly after there were people up there with a truck bed full of gas jugs.

You don't rely on pipelines?

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/11/21 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Originally Posted by The Possum Man

You don't rely on pipelines?

The particular pipeline in question runs from the gulf up through Birmingham angles up through Georgia and up the east side of the Appalachians feeding towns left and right, mostly to the east side. Atlanta and Charlotte are supplied by this line but coastal Georgia and Florida is not.

Problem is most folks don't know this and the panic buying has spread into adjacent unaffected areas compounding the problem.

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 12:02 AM

To further the problem is all metro areas served by this line have tank farms that regularly hold a three day supply for the region the farm serves. Panic buying can reduce that supply to nothing in a matters of hours.

Simply saying don't panic doesn't seem to work.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 12:11 AM

Got a text saying a town 20 miles above me are out of fuel.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 12:50 AM

So Biden just going to ignore this attack ?? Haven’t heard a peep out of Pennsylvania Ave .....
Posted By: coalminer

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 12:56 AM

Sister in law said northern Virginia had lines ,some out of gas, gas took big $ jump. Here in south central Pa. no issues yet, gas is $3.06 a gallon, a lot of people at Sheetz, local convenience store. Clerk said they pumped all day, tanker pulled in when I was leaving. Going get interesting.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 12:58 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
So Biden just going to ignore this attack ?? Haven’t heard a peep out of Pennsylvania Ave .....

Maybe after nappy time.
Posted By: Choo

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 02:04 AM

Places were crazy today here and we don't even use that pipeline from what they say. I've seen a few pictures like this today. Pure idiots

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 02:11 AM

at least Carter made a decent past president , a better former pres than he did as president.

Jimmy has been building habitat for humanity houses and mostly keeping quiet about politics

well you made me do it I filled up a few minutes ago just to be sure
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 02:34 AM

Can we buy toilet paper yet?

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 02:35 AM

This is nothing......wait and see what happens when some very bad stuff goes down....it is coming!
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 02:38 AM

...someone out there seems to be goating these last several "shortages"! What is going on? It's like somebody says (in a boardroom), what can we make America "panic" buy next, and here we go!

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 02:58 AM

I am still trying to understand the lumber prices.....
Posted By: SE.Current

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 03:37 AM

$13.29 for a 2x4 8’ here. Gas $3.45.

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 03:54 AM

Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 06:02 AM

Yup This is "The Green New Deal" being implemented, or what I like to call "The Big Blue Shaft" The government is not going to get involved in a cyber attack on our critical infrastructure because its a "Private Business"> they have to decide if they want to pay the ransom or not !
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 09:19 AM

No gas lines here. Lots of oil in KS. 3 Refineries. Crude gets to the refineries in a pipeline. Still operating. Diesel/gas is getting more expensive. Just like Jimmys shortage Joes shutdown is just another scam. Going to get rocky. Cheapest diesel here last night was 3.09 in a station a semi can get into. In 2009 it got to 4 bucks. Country shut down. May do it again

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
at least Carter made a decent past president , a better former pres than he did as president.

Jimmy has been building habitat for humanity houses and mostly keeping quiet about politics

Good point. Carter is a very decent human being, but he was a lousy president.

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

Totally disagree, he is a horrible human being. A heretic leading the faithful astray. It would have been better to have hung a millstone around his neck and tossed him into the sea.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
I am still trying to understand the lumber prices.....

Price gouging, timber prices on the stump are not proportional to the increase in lumber prices. Stumpage prices compared to before the 2008 crash, are lower now. But now they have covid and higher energy prices tp blame the inflated lumber cost on.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 10:47 AM

The "gas shortage" seems like more sensationalized fake news to me. In the last week I've filled both my work trucks, one of them twice. No issues, no lines. Last Saturday I filled one in north-central Pa and I was the only person getting gas. Yesterday I filled up in southeastern Pa and about half the eight pumping stations were occupied, no waiting lines.

But I guess we should all be very afraid...just in case...
Posted By: hippie

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 10:51 AM

Normal here, except for the high price.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
The "gas shortage" seems like more sensationalized fake news to me. In the last week I've filled both my work trucks, one of them twice. No issues, no lines. Last Saturday I filled one in north-central Pa and I was the only person getting gas. Yesterday I filled up in southeastern Pa and about half the eight pumping stations were occupied, no waiting lines.

No gas here. Pumps have bags over the handles or are roped off. I reckon beaver'n is on hold until we get some gas.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 11:39 AM

All part of the plan to get rid of fossil fuels. I thought they were opposed to pipelines anyways. Pay attention. This is not an accident.

Oh and there is no evidence that federal unemployment benefits are hurting the economy and wearing a mask outside is a good idea especially when fully vaccinated. LLL
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Originally Posted by Lugnut

No gas here. Pumps have bags over the handles or are roped off. I reckon beaver'n is on hold until we get some gas.

Apparently it's a regional thing then. I have a buddy out in Oregon that was telling me about long lines waiting for gas at Costco. There is no shortage of gas in that region, just panicky people being steered by the talking heads.

Sorry to hear about your job being shut down. I hope you get some gas soon.

According to Biden's press secretary it's basically all just a big misunderstanding and should be all straightened out by the end of this week.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 12:08 PM

So Biden just going to ignore this attack ?? Haven’t heard a peep out of Pennsylvania Ave ...

If it was an attack. Very fast to finger the Russians. If the Russkies were such ba's in being able to "hack a pipeline", don't you think they could cover their tracks better...? Why would the Russians want to have war with the U.S.?? Doing all of this just to get the price of oil to go up? Interesting...

I think manipulating the markets more and keeping people fearful is closer to the truth. And even if there is some outside interference, there are plenty of powerful "Americans" who are in this up to their eyeballs...
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 12:19 PM

Trap wax to hit 5 per lb.
Cost of grass mowing to dbl.
Price of gas guzzling pick ups to drop.

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
So Biden just going to ignore this attack ?? Haven’t heard a peep out of Pennsylvania Ave ...

If it was an attack. Very fast to finger the Russians. If the Russkies were such ba's in being able to "hack a pipeline", don't you think they could cover their tracks better...? Why would the Russians want to have war with the U.S.?? Doing all of this just to get the price of oil to go up? Interesting...

I think manipulating the markets more and keeping people fearful is closer to the truth. And even if there is some outside interference, there are plenty of powerful "Americans" who are in this up to their eyeballs...

The Russians, especially Putin, ain't afraid of us. Not with this senile idiot behind the wheel nor his whack job handlers.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 01:00 PM

Ha this numb nuts will prolly have us all missing Carter b4 he gets through
Posted By: Posco

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 02:14 PM

Our prices jumped .20 a gallon yesterday. Fortunately, most of our petro products come from Canada through our marine terminals so we're not dependent on pipelines to meet the demand.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 02:18 PM

Probably hacked by some of Biden's own people as an excuse for rising gas prices.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper
All part of the plan to get rid of fossil fuels. I thought they were opposed to pipelines anyways. Pay attention. This is not an accident.

Oh and there is no evidence that federal unemployment benefits are hurting the economy and wearing a mask outside is a good idea especially when fully vaccinated. LLL

and now we got Gov. Witless trying to shutdown the pipeline coming into Michigan from Canada, this is a planned attack on us..these people hate America.

Oh but this is just a conspiracy theory..

People need to wake up.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

Ha this numb nuts will prolly have us all missing Carter b4 he gets through

Interest was so high when the peanut farmer was in office,,,I had a C.D that was yielding 16.5 percent compounded interest.When ya got lemons,,,make lemonaid. grin
Posted By: MJM

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 06:10 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 07:44 PM

jimmy carter is a terrible human being and I hope he burns for all eternity for what he did to American family farms. A million years of building low income houses won't make up for the damage his extreme political stupidity caused. jimmy failed America. There is no redemption for jimmy.

Keith

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 08:13 PM

Keith, that's not much different with what's happening now to farmers. Black farmers get precedent when it comes to farm subsidies. Equal treatment to white farmers and black farmers is considered racist according to a program I was watching.
Posted By: F150

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/12/21 09:59 PM

Wow....chaos!

Re: Any Gas Lines... - 05/13/21 02:42 PM

I heard on tv this morning that this was a ransomware hack. But, now the pipeline was up and running. But, it would take about 3 days before things were back to normal. So, that means the price at the pump will drop, right?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums