Home

Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy!

Posted By: beaverpeeler

Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/18/21 04:02 PM

Problem: Demand for fur is spotty and dependent on international markets. Solution: We create demand domestically. Problem: Wearing of fur makes one a pariah in much of America. Solution: Make it political. Most liberals are against fur; so we task ourselves with aligning conservative values with the wearing of fur in public as a statement. Instead of red baseball caps maybe coonskin caps ala Davy Crockett.

Now, any good businessman knows you need to Brand yourself. We start a Trapperman Fur Company. We get billboards of Sharon riding a horse in the mountains of Montana with a nice buck slung over the back and all decked out in some nice "Trapperman Fur". Something akin to the old Marlboro signs with a handsome rugged dude with a western hat smoking his Marlboro.

We get trappers to send their very best stuff to Trapperman Fur (the rest can be sent to FHA) and through vertical integration you get paid what that fur is really worth after deducting for expenses.

We'll get someone to make a catalogue with nice pictures of models wearing fur (maybe Trapstickman for pictures and Coonman220 with the descriptions).

Anyway...I guess I should get my hoe and get back to work. Just daydreaming here. LOL
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/18/21 04:07 PM

Great idea and I think it would work but to many wont even join associations to protect our trapping heritage but I think your on to something.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/18/21 04:19 PM

The coonskin caps were all the rage in 1955. Wish I still had my Davy Crocket outfit. Wonder what those hats were really made of.
Tom
Posted By: Boco

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/18/21 04:33 PM

Only one problem with that-lots of liberal people wear fur and support the fur trade.
Fur is not political here anyway.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/18/21 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Only one problem with that-lots of liberal people wear fur and support the fur trade.
Fur is not political here anyway.

modern US communist's would not be caught dead in fur they much prefer to spout rhetoric about the sins of oil while wrapping their bodies in oil clothing.

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/18/21 05:19 PM

Its more about culture here than politics.
I dont see how wearing fur has anything to do with how someone votes.
I have sold a ton of fur to liberal leaners here,and communists internationally.
I believe in the big picture the commie countries use a lot more fur than others.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/18/21 05:27 PM

If this company was to form I would suggest adding a label that says organic and or renewable

Another spin would be start a "fur is green" campaign. It seems like people love the idea of green and organic stuff. Even saw a commercial for Patagonia saying they are going green and organic even with their cotton.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/18/21 05:43 PM

China being the driving force behind furs---yes communists wear and buy more fur.
Tom

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/18/21 05:44 PM

Got to develop markets even for the southern fur. Get some creative people on board designing new uses for fur. Even possums should be putting steaks on the grill.

Maybe Biden's new deal to bring manufacturing back to America will finance this whole thing.

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/18/21 05:47 PM

Everybody is getting SBA money because they were hurt by the pandemic. Haven't trappers been hurt by the poor showing at FHA because of the shutdowns?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/18/21 06:21 PM

soviets and CCP definitly wear fur they don't pretend to care about animal feelings

the Useful idiots on the other hand we are dealing with right now in Pre communist USA they have a hate for fur , trapping , beef , the flag

go figure 10 years from now they will probably be killing for a black market steak
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/19/21 02:45 AM

Go to Chicago or NY and even California a lot of folks that I would guess that might be Democratic and liberal are wearing fur. Michael Pappas is probably the biggest Cat buyer in the US had his shop in California. Why is every thing so political on this site??
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/19/21 03:40 AM

+1 on Coonman220 writing the Fur Report and Market Forcast....
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/19/21 03:56 AM

Internationally lots of communists wear fur. In the US communists hang with liberals, who tend to be anti-hunting, anti-trapping, anti-fur, anti-ranching, anti-farming (except organic hobby farms of course) anti-oil, anti-electricity, and oftentimes anti-meat eating. Makes one wonder exactly what they are liberal about. . . other than other peoples money.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/19/21 04:41 AM

Why are we supporting communists?
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/19/21 09:44 AM

Why does everything have to be political. How did the constituents turning covid and mask political work for the White House and Congress ?
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/19/21 02:15 PM

Rich and Happy----I'am halfway there!

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/19/21 11:43 PM

Slap Happy and Filthy rich.
Posted By: muskrat411

Re: Fur: We're all gonna be rich and happy! - 05/20/21 04:43 PM

Aren't both Biden and Harris anti-meat? Trudue loves himself a big juicey steak? I think he even eat seal once! Canada #1!! Boco #1!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums