Home

Braided Fishing Line

Posted By: Chamacat

Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 08:24 PM

Yep..I have used monofilament fishing line all my life..Then when flouracarbon came out I used it for leaders and or spooled the reel all floracarbon..I have been looking at all kinds of reviews on braided lines. It looks like they all break for some reason or another..Then I read about windknots..Then It's about rats nesting on reels and such..What interest me about the braided lines is how you can feel the slighest of strikes from the lure to hand, as there is no stretch in the line..I also like the castability I read about braided lines..I would be fishing with a braided 20-30 lb test (Or 6-8lbs mono equal)...what brand have you had the most luck with? Thanks
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 08:45 PM

I use power pro. I tried suffix 832 but it seemed to wear out much quicker. Another benefit to braid is that line twist isn’t nearly as big on an issue.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 08:53 PM

I could never get the stuff to cast as well as mono so I dropped it. I know everybody else can cast farther but I couldn't.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 08:59 PM

Had real good luck with McCoy braid. Seem to last for years. Power pro would be next. Don’t care the Stren products.
Posted By: Ringneck1

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 08:59 PM

Fire line. Only thing I use. 6 or 8lb is amazingly thin and strong. Rarely I will use a floro leader.

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 09:05 PM

Yep..I have used "Stren" monofilament for decades..LOL
Posted By: warrior

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 09:33 PM

Powerpro
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 09:37 PM

power pro
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 10:56 PM

Power pro,
Posted By: SJA

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 11:26 PM

Power Pro
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 11:26 PM

Power Pro.
The trick is wind it on as tight as humanly possible on the reel. This will prevent wind knots and a proper drag instead of slipping on the reel. Check your rod and reel for recommended line usage. It does cast farther, has no memory, and if you get hung up you’ll either have to break it off the best you can or end up pulling up whatever you’re hung on.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 11:49 PM

This .....

Attached picture 3A74E7E8-8967-4112-BFA0-6C7B0F33C2D8.jpeg
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/23/21 11:57 PM

I use nothing else for deep trolling no stretch and no need to set the hook do read the instructions on how to spool it on your reel. DO NOT try to break it with your had or hand line a big fish it cuts like a knife. Also if you fish water with a lot of sediment it will pick that up and cut your rod guides. I do use it in some casting applications and use a rod with ceramic guides.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/24/21 12:01 AM

Carry a lighter with ya. It's quicker to burn it off if you get hung up or to release than to try and cut it.
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/24/21 12:06 AM

Power pro and Jerry brown metered
Posted By: Killbuck

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/24/21 12:28 AM

power pro!

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/24/21 12:32 AM

Yep..A question..I have been reviewing more..Braided line can come in either 4 strand or 8 strand..What I'm not getting is why in reviews is the braided line breaking everywhere but the knots..Have any of you broke braided line in normal casting methods?
Posted By: River Birch

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/24/21 12:43 AM

Fins 40 G is outstanding. knots are pr bobbin, FG and Alberto . Jerry Brown hollow core is great also.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am almost exclusively salt water fishing. I have had many issues with Power Pro phantom breaks (mid line) could be the salt water? (I will never use PP again!)

[Linked Image]

For the little freshwater I do I like Berkley nano just keep in mind it is not round like most braids it is more of a flat profile.

Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/24/21 12:53 AM

I use Power Pro, but I’m fishing inshore. About the only “breaks” I get are from Spanish, but that happens with mono and fluorocarbon as well.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/24/21 12:55 AM

Tuff line
You have to tie a different knot at your swivle.
90 or 100# for sturgeon in the Columbia
20 or 30# on my salmon poles
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/24/21 01:01 AM

Power Pro. I like the super slick, and never turn back.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/24/21 01:41 AM

Go research what the guys chasing tuna with jigging, and popping rod's are using.

That will be be the best line.

360tuna.com

Learn the fg knot for situations where you need a clear leader.
Posted By: nycoyoteman

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/24/21 02:25 AM

No mention of what kind of reels you are using.

On a baitcast I prefer braided with a 6 foot fluorocarbon leader.
On spinning I prefer mono or fireline.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/24/21 02:37 AM

Power Pro
Posted By: rszwieg

Re: Braided Fishing Line - 05/24/21 02:50 AM

I use Fireline for most fishiing unless it's for panfish then, mono. On the local river I use mono to break off easier on snags.

For casting gear I've had good luck with Power Pro especially for muskys.

I fish freshwater.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums