Home

Question, what legal recourse do I have?

Posted By: warrior

Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 02:35 PM

Against a neighbor who constantly gets in my business calling the county over grass length and state of my yard?

I make no apologies, I ain't some freak that worries over grass. Also its my yard to do with as I see fit, I paid for it. Now that said, this is getting to be an annual event going into the fourth or fifth year with code enforcement showing up. This time someone is pushing for it to go to court. I know who it is as I've more than once told him to gtfo of my yard.
This guy thinks he holds some sort of special dispensation since his family founded this little map dot shortly after Noah parked the boat. What he fails to understand is that times change and he is the very last of that name in the community.

As usual I'll just shift some stuff around cut the grass and it'll probably all go away. But I got a sneaking suspicion it might not as the code guy who was quite apologetic hinted that they can be asked to observe my property from a neighbor's property.

I'm getting quite sick of this harassment and looking for a means to put an end to it short of an old fashioned barn burning.

I'm almost to the point of an ugly fence contest.
Posted By: keystone

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 02:42 PM

Is there some type of homeowners association or just the county ordinance? I’ve never heard of grass length being a problem in the county.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 02:43 PM

Round up is cheap. Spray his whole yard around dark thirty. Then start complaining about his mudhole
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 02:44 PM

I vote for a concertina wire fence.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 02:45 PM

Sorry. Thats probably not legal.

I dont know of any legal way to get him to leave you alone.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 03:03 PM

I had the same problem. We have had an influx of Yuppie types that have moved out here from the city. I think some do-gooder walked by with their poodle and did not like what they saw.

For about 4 years I had a hard time maintaining my yard which is very visible on a corner due to hip issues. Got a nastygram from the County. Had to clean up and hide things. He got on my about some trivial things like firewood and "unlicensed" boats. I calmly explained to him that in Wisconsin non-powered boats do not have to be licensed and told him there are NO ordinances regarding firewood.

My advice would be to take a good look at your County zoning ordinances. If you are truly in violation of them there is not much you can do but comply.

Moosetrot
Posted By: white17

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 03:07 PM

Get a couple of sheep. See how they like that.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 03:20 PM

Have a lawyer send the jerk a cease and dissist letter, that threatens to sue for harrasment and intentional infliction of emotional distress, if he fails to desist.

You may also be able to have a lawyer subpoena the identity of who is making the complaints.

Keith
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 03:30 PM

Know your code and push the limits. Can you keep hogs - fence it out and let them turn it into a mud hole. Can you do prairie renovation? Plant big bluestem and let it get 9' tall........what about a garden? Call it a grass seed garden.......all kinds of way to have fun. For grass seed - you have to let it grow to maturity and head out and dry down - get some grass growing info and let them know you are hand harvesting seed......
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
I had the same problem. We have had an influx of Yuppie types that have moved out here from the city. I think some do-gooder walked by with their poodle and did not like what they saw.

For about 4 years I had a hard time maintaining my yard which is very visible on a corner due to hip issues. Got a nastygram from the County. Had to clean up and hide things. He got on my about some trivial things like firewood and "unlicensed" boats. I calmly explained to him that in Wisconsin non-powered boats do not have to be licensed and told him there are NO ordinances regarding firewood.

My advice would be to take a good look at your County zoning ordinances. If you are truly in violation of them there is not much you can do but comply.

Moosetrot

I agree. Take a real close look at zoning, rules. May be a good chance the knob is in violation of one or two of them himself.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 03:40 PM

I don't know your situation or surroundings so I could argue either side. If no covenants, restrictions, or ordinances that require it be a certain length than you are free to do what you want with it, even if it may devalue yours or the neighbors property.

Or, you could always declare your yard a honeybee restoration project or put it in the pollinator program and then tell them to pound sand.

ol'dad
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 03:52 PM

The first problem is you have neighbors the second is they can see your property and stick their nose in your business. If the game of ordnance calling is the only game you can play be the best at it then. Sounds petty but nice will have no impact on those types of folks.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 03:57 PM

I don't hold with the devalue argument as that gets into coercive takings where one or more can take the labor and property of another for their own purposes.

How that was ever allowed to stand on constitutional grounds is beyond me.

Public health and safety I can see as well as very limited and controlled imminent domain. But never to benefit personal private holdings of others.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:00 PM

Ought to be someone in the police department getting (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) with all the false complaints to get them to file criminal charges against the caller.
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:09 PM

When someone is complaining about another persons yard not being mowed, maybe they don’t have enough grass to mow themselves. You should be a kind neighbor, and spread some 10-10-10 for them, in any pattern that may bring you and other neighbors much joy. Best of luck
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
I don't hold with the devalue argument as that gets into coercive takings where one or more can take the labor and property of another for their own purposes.

I know you don't wanna hear this but... Like it or not it's going to be hard on your property value (no matter how nice your yard is), if you're living in a area where the others' yards in the area look like crap. It's because people don't want to live near that. We have a neighbor that's got junk all over, he mows but only a wide path around everything. I'm not the type to turn him in for it but I can certainly see why someone would want to.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:10 PM

I've never understood how we got to the point that people believe the city has the authority to dictate whether or not your grass is too tall.

I don't really have any legal advice... Best I can offer is to catch him isolated and unawares and beat the whiz out of him. Then make him prove it was you that did it.

Sorry, but I'm a firm believer that if more people were taken to the Gus McRae "School of Bartending" they would be polite and keep to their own business a lot more.

Mike
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:15 PM

Tell them you're a transgender
Problem solved
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:16 PM

Sorry Man around here its still if its your property do what you want even if nobody likes it or you Sadly i see that starting to change
Posted By: hippie

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
I've never understood how we got to the point that people believe the city has the authority to dictate whether or not your grass is too tall.

I don't really have any legal advice... Best I can offer is to catch him isolated and unawares and beat the whiz out of him. Then make him prove it was you that did it.

Sorry, but I'm a firm believer that if more people were taken to the Gus McRae "School of Bartending" they would be polite and keep to their own business a lot more.

Mike

Putting the fear of God put into people changes their behaviour, that's for sure.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:21 PM

Show us a picture of your property.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Mike

The fear of God put into people changes their behaviour, that's for sure.

I'm not a violent person. But this notion of "civilized behavior" has brought us to the point that bullies just utilize whatever ordinances they can to terrorize other citizens. The only ones that win are the bureaucrats and the lawyers.

I fight it here in my town every time they propose a code officer and code enforcement. People need to realize exactly what they're asking for before they hand over that kind of authority to someone who wants it.

Mike
Posted By: hippie

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:31 PM

I had a neighbor who never said a word to me, but went to a different neighbor complaining about me shooting in my back yard.
The other neighbor soon straightened him out by defending me and not long after he moved back to Filthydelphia where he came from

Sam, my defending neighbor and I still chuckle about him. Guess he didn't want to confront me for some reason?

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion

Why, so you can be nosy, too?

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

I know you don't wanna hear this but... Like it or not it's going to be hard on your property value (no matter how nice your yard is), if you're living in a area where the others' yards in the area look like crap. It's because people don't want to live near that. We have a neighbor that's got junk all over, he mows but only a wide path around everything. I'm not the type to turn him in for it but I can certainly see why someone would want to.

Your absolutely right. I know property values and fully understand that I do myself no favors by not keeping my pig's ear looking like a silk purse but I'm not looking to sell or borrow. Besides the better looking it is the more the county will tax it.

Maybe I just hit on the why. Folks are strange when it comes to property values. They want it high as possible for going into debt purposes but complain when that same value gets taxed.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:39 PM

As said check ordinances. If you're in the clear, Then post them on a sign for the neighbor to see
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by white17
Get a couple of sheep. See how they like that.

That or put feed out for geese like a guy does at the lake. He has attracted a lot of Canadian Honkers to his yard. He never has to cut his grass and it's really green probably because they do poop a lot. I've never seen the man go barefoot in his yard.....

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:47 PM

I know I'm not in the clear yet or at least by definition of the code enforcement as it can be interpreted broadly. One item is a currently tagged but busted transmission truck sitting in the yard. As explained to me it has to "appear" to run as code enforcement can not enter the yard. I guess I'll have to go out and move it from time to time. Other issues are the crepe myrtle and privet that I whack down annually about this time every year when the privet is post bloom. I let it bloom for the bees. But the rest of is the grass.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 04:52 PM

Part of the issue is that the property next to mine is abandoned and overgrown, the main source of my privet issues. I keep that one beat back with my once a year brush clearing as well.

I'm just waiting for code enforcement to try to hang that on me and I'll ask them to show me the survey pins.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 05:09 PM

You either live in a fancy neighborhood or keep a real bad yard, lol.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 05:11 PM

I'm not in the same situation but am having a little fun with a neighbor. He's actually a good neighbor but a little nosy. He is retired and he cuts his grass 7 days a week twice a day. I'm letting mine grow just to have some fun with him. I can tell it's driving him nuts but he hasn't said anything. Don't misunderstand, I have a 60" X Mark parked under the shed so I'm gonna have to lament before too long cause it's starting to bug me maybe more than him. I don't think so though.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 05:13 PM

If you live in a neighborhood with covenants and/or if there is an ordinance requiring it, mow your yard. You'd throw a hissy fit if one your neighbors posted political signs all over his yard that you didn't agree with and that you had to see or painted their house the official colors of the Palestinians. And, we aren't even necessarily comparing apples to apples.

Or move to the country and do whatever you want--we live free out here. Until then, be a good neighbor!
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 05:18 PM

Why, so you can be nosy, too?

Call it what you want, I would like to see if the neighbor has a legitimate gripe or not.
Posted By: jtg

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 05:22 PM

I would consider how you can make friends with this person, because it's a lose- lose battle.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 05:36 PM

My neighbors don’t spray their weeds I spray them for them, I figure I can spray the weeds 2X a year or all year long depending how I look at it. LOL The one lady with the special needs son I never charge her, the other neighbor moves snow for me in return. Everyone’s happy. grin
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 05:45 PM

Or you could just mow your yard and it would all go away.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 05:48 PM

I do my best to take care of my property, i’m glad my neighbors do to!!! It’s strange to me how so many give suggestions on ways to make it look worse!

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

That's what gets me the most. It's not fancy at all just rural county incorporated into a one mile circle map dot so the complaining neighbor can be mayor. Seriously, he is a mayor without pay or staff the county provides all services.
About half of the community has gone over to rentals and he's heck on them with the landlords on his speed dial. The rest are older homeowners who struggle to keep up their yards or newcomers like myself who took advantage of lower priced older homes, many are hispanic. The nice homes are mostly outside of the map dot on older family larger farm tracts in the county.

His big beef is his legacy as an old family an inability to direct how his community goes. I actually feel sorry for him and to some degree empathize in his desire to have some influence.
Posted By: charles

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 06:34 PM

Good fences make good neighbors, said Robert Frost.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 06:49 PM

Warrior, that sounds like my old neighbor. Cops said it's a civil court issue and since he was nextdoor putting a restraining order on him would be impossible to obey with a minimum of 100 yards. Those are 2 of 5 options. The 3rd is file reports of harassment. 4th is let him try to cash the check his mouth is writing. 5 try to mend your relationship with him.

He called city in me numerous times for everything. City only gave me 1 issue because I didn't drive a truck often enough so I had to put in the backyard. My yard was xeriscaped (meaning drought tolerant plants) except 2 trees and a patch of grass in the backyard. Other than that both yards were gravel. He still called the city about 4 timmy weeds that just sprouted even though I use vegetation killer and weed preventer.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 06:54 PM

I usually try to avoid lawyers b/c often they are more trouble than they are worth. As far as havin good neighbors I am a big believer in 'returning the favor' LOL
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 06:56 PM

Put up a couple of duck nesting boxes, say you've got it on set aside for wildlife. Then tell them to mind their own business.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 07:17 PM

Black footed found in Georgia grasslands? Then you would see some regulations but some might bite you in the butt.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Black footed found in Georgia grasslands? Then you would see some regulations but some might bite you in the butt.

Nope. The closest we have to that would be indigo snake or red cockcaded woodpecker but both of those are further south.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 07:39 PM

It would be legal recourse to mow and clean up the junk. lol

Like I said, I can see where the neighbor is coming from, especially if he's seeing a once charming small town turning into a run down mess, but not his method.

Our little town, most folks keep it looking nice and have some pride in having a decent, clean, up up-kept town. When I drive by and see trashy looking crap and un-mowed lawns it makes we wonder why the people don't care. Why they want their lawns looking like an eyesore? Laziness? No self pride in what they have? ??? When people drive through here I like to think they are thinking, "this looks like a pleasant little town" not "man what a craphole dump this place is".

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 07:48 PM

I guess I never twigged to keeping up with the jones'.
Posted By: GRP

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 07:53 PM

Have buds over for 4 am shooting/burnout/engine revving/Skynyrd party

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by GRP
Have buds over for 4 am shooting/burnout/engine revving/Skynyrd party

I'm to old for that crap.
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 08:08 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with ADC. But, there is a city sanctioned program this year of helping pollinators, by NOT mowing your lawn for a few weeks. You might suggest you’re helping nature by encouraging pollinators.

Bloomington Minnesota, and a bunch of metro communities require you keep up your property. They say, based on too much experience, run down or overgrown properties are a sign of absentee owners who don’t control who is abusing the property; drug or prostitution locations; and general reduction of property values of surrounding properties.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 08:09 PM

Around here the city gives a warning and if its not complied to, then they hire it mowed and then send the owner the bill.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 08:09 PM

Dang Warrior. You got my sympathy. A person should be able to maintain their property as they see fit and it's nobody else's business. Period.

A few years back I was traveling up near Seattle and I tuned into a local talk show. They were deriding some old guy that had lived out in the sticks forever and now houses had been built up around him. He had old cars, mattress springs and what have you all over his property. The neighbors had the county cite him and it was at the point that the county was fining him $300 daily and he was going to lose his property. Everybody on the talk show was on the old guy's case. But he was there before all the others. Unbelievable!
Posted By: Ole

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 08:16 PM

If a code enforcement person is involved, there must be some "association" or development type of rules filed with the county that apply to all properties. Maybe you didn't know about them when you moved there? If they are in place then it would seem it is the responsibility of and the neighborly think to do is comply as best one can. Each of us can't have all things the way they want them. There are too many of us!!!
Posted By: canine933

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 08:38 PM

Hire your neighbor to cut your grass or move out of Henry co. LOL!!!

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 08:38 PM

I guess I never twigged to keeping up with the jones'.

I get that, but you don't need to aspire to keep up with the bubbas. lol

A little mowing, trimming and organization isn't too much for me to have a respectable looking property.
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 08:55 PM

Me, I try to get along with my neighbors, If there is an ordinance could get dicey and be more headaches. I did have the same issue once and felt I was getting singled out, what I did was went around town and got all the addresses that had the same situation I had and rolled them over to the ordinance enforcement. They never budged an inch! thanked me got a PR program going and cleaned up the whole town. I always figured if you live in town lots of issues, you live out of town just pay taxes.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by canine933

I'm in Spalding believe it or not. Henry is a lost cause.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ole
If a code enforcement person is involved, there must be some "association" or development type of rules filed with the county that apply to all properties. Maybe you didn't know about them when you moved there? If they are in place then it would seem it is the responsibility of and the neighborly think to do is comply as best one can. Each of us can't have all things the way they want them. There are too many of us!!!

Code enforcement have some insane rules. Here home owners can be cited for weeds that are 4" or more. Yes, 4 inch weeds is a violation. Guess how I learned about that code lol.
There's so many insane codes it's insane

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ole

Zoning, it's how the Georgia legislature gets to talk out both sides of their arse.

They pass legislation telling county/municipal what they can and can't do but in the fine print they exempt local zoning boards.

We got us a real strong "right to farm" law. No local government can tell a farmer what he can or can't do. But the zoning board can snatch the zoning right out from under a farmer whenever and however they want.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 09:05 PM

Where I am at if you don't keep a yard picked up and mowed down you might end up with some snakes up by the house you'd just as soon not have around kids and pets
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 09:47 PM

Usually it's some dipwad and/or his wife that want to sell their property and try to whip the whole area into shape to jack up the property values, which of course leads to higher taxes!
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 09:52 PM

Been pondering ur situation all afternoon while putting out mineral to the cattle and have came up with the solution..... challenge him to a dual. No matter the winning neither of u will be irritating each other any more. And the bonus the winner will probably never have any other problems from any other neighbors. Just asking him to a dual my fix the problem.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 10:01 PM

So a person is a dipwad because they want the area to look nice.

Are trappers really into living like a bunch of lazy rednecks?

No pride in there home, yard, neighborhood?

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 10:03 PM

If you was closer I’d send my wife over to mow it.

Now before anyone says anything, I hate mowing the grass. So much so when the last mower bit the dust and seeing how the boys have left home, I figured it was cheaper to hire a lawn man to do it. Ole boy was good too. Add pine straw when needed, weed eat, fluff the pine straw, edge, the whole 9 yards.

So my wife was complaining to her brother about how she missed mowing the yard, so he bought her a brand new riding lawn mower and had it delivered. She mows our yard twice a week and my sons once a week whether they need it or not. We have maybe .75ac and my sons has 1ac. Nothing huge, but she just likes to mow it for some reason. I have no complaints whatsoever, lol.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 10:08 PM

I solved a harrassment issue once by putting Skunk juice on the door handle of his car. Problem solved.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 10:10 PM

grin

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 10:11 PM

A dead snake in the sun can put out some serious fragrance too

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 10:26 PM

If you was closer I’d send my wife over to mow it.

Now before anyone says anything, I hate mowing the grass. So much so when the last mower bit the dust and seeing how the boys have left home, I figured it was cheaper to hire a lawn man to do it. Ole boy was good too. Add pine straw when needed, weed eat, fluff the pine straw, edge, the whole 9 yards.

So my wife was complaining to her brother about how she missed mowing the yard, so he bought her a brand new riding lawn mower and had it delivered. She mows our yard twice a week and my sons once a week whether they need it or not. We have maybe .75ac and my sons has 1ac. Nothing huge, but she just likes to mow it for some reason. I have no complaints whatsoever, lol.

I haven't mowed in a while. I have mower aged children. They are also weed eater aged, edger aged--heck, full landscaper aged. I am going to work them while I have them.

I do keep the equipment in good condition. Between that and feeding the children, I feel I have done my part.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 10:28 PM

Haha! I was the same. Then they grow up and get yards of their own, lol.
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 10:30 PM

Shouldn't it be as simple as going to the county and asking what's the legal grass height limit and get all the information from them so you know exactly what you are allowed? If your grass is 3 inches and he cries, you can ignore him even if he calls someone because the limit is actually 5 for example? They come out, you show the proof and tell them to bug off.

I would also file a harassment complaint.

It doesn't work playing games..

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Been pondering ur situation all afternoon while putting out mineral to the cattle and have came up with the solution..... challenge him to a dual. No matter the winning neither of u will be irritating each other any more. And the bonus the winner will probably never have any other problems from any other neighbors. Just asking him to a dual my fix the problem.

In a heartbeat. I've often thought most of today's problems would be resolved if Code of the Duel was still in effect. I know I would either be long dead or not bothered by a soul.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 10:36 PM

There you go. Lol

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 10:45 PM

In a heartbeat. I've often thought most of today's problems would be resolved if Code of the Duel was still in effect. I know I would either be long dead or not bothered by a soul.

Ive thought the same thing. I bet people were more respectful. Even just being allowed to rough someone up a bit if they get out of line would make a lot of people think before they speak. But into days world there's little to no accountability for what you say or do.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 11:05 PM

S.S.S.
My only suggestion grin

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 11:07 PM

I happen to know one of yer kansas buddies from over by the BETO junction did just that Yessir. He strapped on a 6 gun and called the neighbor out into the street. I think he is still locked up LOL but I get your point. An occasional duel would remind people somethings are maybe better left unsaid and that their is no bidness needs mindin any more than your own.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 11:12 PM

Run for Mayor then have him run off.

People make remarks about the 'weeds' I call it wildlife habitat, then want to come hunt my pheasants and turkeys. Nope, sorry, if they need hunted, I'll do it myself.

Charlie

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
I happen to know one of yer kansas buddies from over by the BETO junction did just that Yessir. He strapped on a 6 gun and called the neighbor out into the street. I think he is still locked up LOL but I get your point. An occasional duel would remind people somethings are maybe better left unsaid and that their is no bidness needs mindin any more than your own.

Thought you waz talking about Danny there for a bit. That's over in his neck of the woods and I could see him doing that. Lol.
Posted By: canine933

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by canine933

I'm in Spalding believe it or not. Henry is a lost cause.

I figured henry cause that sounds like that crowd. Spend most all my career at Spalding S.O. in special ops.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 11:21 PM

Are you gonna blow out the candle?? Back in the day a true duel was handled inside in a dark room. Someone would blow out the candle and the shooting started. I wouldn’t want that job, the candle blower would get shot half the time!!!

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 11:23 PM

Another good option is work around your yard in a speedo and get into arguments with yourself. Everyone is scared of a crazy guy. A few good screaming out breaks with yourself and I bet ur neighbors would come mow your yard when u notified them it was getting to long.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 11:26 PM

I hunted down in MO last month it appears some places have no codes, lots of nice places but a lot of rural ghettos here and there.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 11:48 PM

I like to see what has got the neighbor wound up myself.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
One word.

Gusto.

Hellfire

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/24/21 11:51 PM

That's what gets me the most. It's not fancy at all just rural county incorporated into a one mile circle map dot so the complaining neighbor can be mayor. Seriously, he is a mayor without pay or staff the county provides all services.
About half of the community has gone over to rentals and he's heck on them with the landlords on his speed dial. The rest are older homeowners who struggle to keep up their yards or newcomers like myself who took advantage of lower priced older homes, many are hispanic. The nice homes are mostly outside of the map dot on older family larger farm tracts in the county.

His big beef is his legacy as an old family an inability to direct how his community goes. I actually feel sorry for him and to some degree empathize in his desire to have some influence.

Run for mayor yourself, when you win shut down code enforcement.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tailhunter
So a person is a dipwad because they want the area to look nice.

Are trappers really into living like a bunch of lazy rednecks?

No pride in there home, yard, neighborhood?

possibly
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 01:11 AM

I see you are in Georgia so I am betting this grass called Bahia would grow good there.

A little handful occasionally thrown on his yard will do 2 things. Get in his back pocket buying chemical to get rid of and keep him busy fighting it to with no time to worry about you. He will either be mowing or trying to poison it continuously :D:D:D

Willing to run by the local feed store and mail you 5# if you post pics and updates :D:D:D

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by BTLowry
I see you are in Georgia so I am betting this grass called Bahia would grow good there.

A little handful occasionally thrown on his yard will do 2 things. Get in his back pocket buying chemical to get rid of and keep him busy fighting it to with no time to worry about you. He will either be mowing or trying to poison it continuously :D:D:D

Willing to run by the local feed store and mail you 5# if you post pics and updates :D:D:D

That’s the cruelest comment I’ve seen!! We’ve almost got it all eradicated from our yard!! It doesn’t help tractors run the roads, because I’m sure that’s where it comes from.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 01:23 AM

He is no doubt on another forum asking what to do to get the deadbeat next door to maintain their lawn to his standards

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 01:33 AM

I'm familiar with bahia. Cut many an acre of coastal/bahia hay and bahia is most of what I call my lawn. That and fescue.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 01:55 AM

Call the cops on him the next time he is on your property. If you can, get a bunch of guineas. They make lots of noise all the time.
Posted By: GoGitter

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 01:56 AM

Neighbor's can drive you nuts and I'm glad you aren't my neighbor. But if you were I'd offer to keep your grass cut for free. If you declined I'd just turn my head the other way when passing your place.
Posted By: Mac

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:06 AM

If I were looking for advice on trapping critters or making lures, I would probably ask for advice on Trapperman.com
If I needed legal advice I would probably seek it from an attorney.

Good luck

Mac
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.
If you can, get a bunch of guineas. They make lots of noise all the time.

I can attest to that. My neighbor has some. I can send them to you if you promise that you won't send them back.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:10 AM

your yard 5eclects you character.
If you were selling YOUR house, I'll bet YOU
dwould not like YOU as a neighbor.
wink

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by amspoker
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.
If you can, get a bunch of guineas. They make lots of noise all the time.

I can attest to that. My neighbor has some. I can send them to you if you promise that you won't send them back.

I will pass. We have six of them and a ton of chickens. Plus a handful more that the kids hatched. On a side note, I have heard that they are good eating. Dang near impossible to catch if they don't want to be caught.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 03:03 AM

Sometimes normalcy is the product of respect and courtesy. And being a non-conformist doesn't mean you are right.

ol'dad

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 03:14 AM

Stop being weenies. This is war! Skunk juice is the only solution.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 03:17 AM

If your county has ordinances regarding issues such as this then your neighbor has the right to call you on this. If not then he is harassing you. There may also be ordinances that rarely or never get enforced either.

There may be certain species that need to be controlled also. One could also check to see if it is legal for you to have a "naturalized" or wild area. If so you can use that has rationale as well.
If there are no ordinances or laws regarding lawn care, height etc. then to me it would be up to the county to screen calls and callers and not even come to your place.

Bryce

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 03:20 AM

Psh...Skunk juice on his door handles!

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
If your county has ordinances regarding issues such as this then your neighbor has the right to call you on this. If not then he is harassing you. There may also be ordinances that rarely or never get enforced either.

There may be certain species that need to be controlled also. One could also check to see if it is legal for you to have a "naturalized" or wild area. If so you can use that has rationale as well.
If there are no ordinances or laws regarding lawn care, height etc. then to me it would be up to the county to screen calls and callers and not even come to your place.

Bryce

Basically, that's what the county has been doing the past few years. Stop by or send a letter saying someone called, I cut and nothing else said. Evidently this year he's gone all in.
I ain't got a problem doing yard work I got a problem with some jack wad dictating terms to me. That's the fastest way to get on my bad side. This is getting to the point of outright harassment.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 04:39 AM

A few years back I built a chicken coop on skids. I built it in the front as that is the most level spot on the lot. It was never meant to remain there as I had pipes for rollers to move it to it's current location in the side yard. Well this neighbor took the liberty of walking into my yard code book in hand to dictate terms on who how and where I could put this thing. That was one of the gtfo moments I referred to in my first post.

Seriously, the guy spends his Saturday mornings riding the roads with his own copy of county codes.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 08:43 AM

We are a rural resort tourist area. We have some basic blight codes, grass cutting is one. The grass code is only enforced on the lot with structures, or within 50 feet of structure when on a very large parcel. The main reason is fire protection, access for fire crews and fire break. But with local economy that relies heavily on tourist it's just the way it is.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 08:57 AM

A few years back I built a chicken coop on skids. I built it in the front as that is the most level spot on the lot. It was never meant to remain there as I had pipes for rollers to move it to it's current location in the side yard. Well this neighbor took the liberty of walking into my yard code book in hand to dictate terms on who how and where I could put this thing. That was one of the gtfo moments I referred to in my first post.

Seriously, the guy spends his Saturday mornings riding the roads with his own copy of county codes.

That should have been one of the times you had him arrested for trespassing.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 01:25 PM

My GF just got notice that her driveway has to be pressure washed. Keep your driveway clean Warrrior! laugh

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 01:51 PM

Back when I was livin in town I liked to sit on the porch and watch my GF mow. One day a lil ol lady walked up shaking her head in disgust and told me I should be hung for makin my GF mow the yard.

I said I am- why do you think she mows for me?
cool
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 01:54 PM

Hey I got a novel ideal. IF you have clutter everywhere pick it u and mow your dang yard. How many "yard cars" you got. If you know what I'm talking about thean the neighbor is right . If not post pics of what he is complaining about . THEN let people on here give advice. 2 sides to every story . PLUS if code enforcement is showing up to talk to you then there may be a problem on your end.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:13 PM

Back when I was livin in town I liked to sit on the porch and watch my GF mow. One day a lil ol lady walked up shaking her head in disgust and told me I should be hung for makin my GF mow the yard.

I said I am- why do you think she mows for me?
cool

Thats classic lol.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:17 PM

Tell them your a farmer and you waiting for the first cutting of hay
Problem solved for the grass.
Now the neighbor: tar and feather
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:25 PM

Put up a big sign facing your neighbors house that says "Coming Soon,,Uncle Warriers Pig Farm.Many To Choose From" smile

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Put up a big sign facing your neighbors house that says "Coming Soon,,Uncle Warriers Pig Farm.Many To Choose From" smile

If you do that then might as well go all out and reference Lonesome Dove by makin up a sign says " We DO rent pigs" grin
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:40 PM

Wouldn't it be a lot less stress on you to just clean up your mess? Has the your case ever been taken to court and were you charged or fined as a result? I'm with the others that would like for you to post some photos of your property. What's the harm in that?

You asked the question; " what legal recourse do I have?".....I'd say your recourse is to clean up your nuisance property and go on with life.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by CTRAPS
Wouldn't it be a lot less stress on you to just clean up your mess? Has the your case ever been taken to court and were you charged or fined as a result? I'm with the others that would like for you to post some photos of your property. What's the harm in that?

You asked the question; " what legal recourse do I have?".....I'd say your recourse is to clean up your nuisance property and go on with life.

Pictures it is then! Show us some pics of what all the fuss is about.Then we can give informed advise.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:44 PM

You folks that think its somehow your right to tell others what to do are the problem in this country and no better than antifa, blm or Pelosi.

Authoritarianism is just fine as long as its not my ox getting gored.

You know that's why we have rinos, don't you?

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:46 PM

^^I agreed 100%. What exactly is ones definition of freedom?
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:47 PM

You folks that think its somehow your right to tell others what to do are the problem in this country and no better than antifa, blm or Pelosi.

I see that

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 02:49 PM

Send a picture of your gored ox then too. grin

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 03:03 PM

I feel like if I'm paying the property taxes.... I make the management decisions. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I feel like if I'm paying the property taxes.... I make the management decisions. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Fixed it for ya

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by CTRAPS
Send a picture of your gored ox then too. grin

Yup,,pictures of your yard and your gored ox it is then.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 03:34 PM

I agree 100%. But, if those rules were in place when you moved there, then you agreed to follow them when you bought the house and moved in. For what is worth, I have yard cars/tractors and a pile of beer cans savel would be proud of. When scrap gets high enough my brother will take care of them.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 03:45 PM

The only enforcement that I end up kowtowing to is my wife's. Her punishments are worse than what the county could ever conjure up.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 03:50 PM

I live in the country and most neighbors are relatives, but the property to the east of me was bought by a lady from Florida. She's called the law on me for sighting in my rifle, for my beagles running rabbits near the property line and numerous other things. Unfortunately for her she decided to put her house only 50 ft from the property line so I decided it would be a good place for a hog lot. Most days the wind blows from my place to her's. LoL. Don't see her out on the porch much anymore. I have 30 acres and never shoot close to her place but she just wants to cause problems so I gave her one that she has no solution for
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 03:52 PM

Would you be fine if they burned railroad ties 24/7?
Or had loud gospel music playing 24/7?
Or had a bunch of barking mutts 24/7?
Bottom line, keep your yard clean.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears

Would you be fine if they burned railroad ties 24/7?
Or had loud gospel music playing 24/7?
Or had a bunch of barking mutts 24/7?
Bottom line, keep your yard clean.

None of my business.
Would join in on the all day sing and dinner on the grounds.
My mutts would drown them out.
My yard is clean, just not perfectly manicured.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 04:34 PM

Do I tell farms and properties I trap on how to manage? Nope.
Do the lawn mower police tell me how to roll? Heck no.
Two did try. I told them to pound salt and named them Gov and Mayor of our road.
When other neighbors found out they howled.

That said, there are rules in some places.

Seven pages of lawn police, wow.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 04:36 PM

Pictures or you are the problem grin

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 04:37 PM

The list of men who want to judge you is growin buddy

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 04:42 PM

I've lived this long without their help so they can go.........

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 04:45 PM

Lets see the junk in your yard,,I might want to buy some of it. smile

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 04:46 PM

I don't think most are judging but rather recommending to act normal. Normal may be keeping your yard mowed and decluttered or it may mean waiting for the fall to bale hay with it. What do the rest of the neighbors do and what does the law say?

Being normal doesn't make you a sheep. Being a non-conformist will usually make you out to be an A-hole.

ol'dad

Posted By: Okie Farmer

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 04:51 PM

Get your own copy of the code book and take everything right up against the limit as close as you can.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 04:55 PM

If you're too ashamed of the looks of your property to post a picture for a bunch of trappers, it's no wonder the guy who lives next door wants something done about it. laugh

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 05:54 PM

ANTIFA and BLM like destroyed neighborhoods and run down ghettos. Pelosi wants people to live in them. Unkept yards are something they would likely support too because conservatives like to protect property values.

Post the pic!

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 06:46 PM

Why should anybody have to post a pic of their yard for judgement? Missing the point I think. I think the point is what to do about busybodies who have nothing better to do with their spare time (which they seem to have in abundance) looking high and low to see what rules might have been broken.

We all know people like that. I'm glad I don't live in any jurisdiction like that.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 06:55 PM

Why should anybody have to post a pic of their yard for judgement? Missing the point I think. I think the point is what to do about busybodies who have nothing better to do with their spare time (which they seem to have in abundance) looking high and low to see what rules might have been broken.

We all know people like that. I'm glad I don't live in any jurisdiction like that.

We want pictures of your yard too now ! grin

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 06:56 PM

Because Warrior is whining on the internet looking for support. That plan appears to have back fired.

Maybe he could swing support back his way with a pic of a reasonably kept property.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 07:14 PM

If you truly believe you are in the right and don't have to abide by any codes, rules or laws other than your own, then don't mow your property or comply with any direction given by the city, town or code enforcement officer. See what happens then. When and if you do go to court over the matter, tell the judge what "your" rights and see what happens.

If its too much trouble to post the photos, I understand. I just thought it might help to explain your position a little better. Thanks!
Posted By: beeman

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 09:16 PM

So you are looking for sympathy from fellow trappers because you want to live like a slob. Put yourself in his shoes. He maybe has lived there many years as you indicated and each year improved his house and his lot. Then some slob moves in next door never mows his grass, starts a junk yard with old cars and boats, lets his house go into disrepair. Are you getting the picture yet. Your rights to do as you want don’t override your neighbors right to have his property values diminish. My advise, buckle up and clean up your place. Be proud of your home. Take this from someone who has been improving his acreage every year since 1976.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 10:20 PM

Was just thinking how as a nation we tout individuals rights to kill babies but pass laws about how tall someone else's grass is on their private property..... think we turned the wrong way as a nation somewhere..alot of people are more worried about grass than innocent lives....

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 10:29 PM

You are from Georgia so now I can see the clear picture (actually vid clip) of you with at least half of your teeth still in place and not even removing the cigarette from the corner of your mouth saying "Yall just got added to the long list of people who can kiss my [butt]" grin
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by beeman
So you are looking for sympathy from fellow trappers because you want to live like a slob. Put yourself in his shoes. He maybe has lived there many years as you indicated and each year improved his house and his lot. Then some slob moves in next door never mows his grass, starts a junk yard with old cars and boats, lets his house go into disrepair. Are you getting the picture yet. Your rights to do as you want don’t override your neighbors right to have his property values diminish. My advise, buckle up and clean up your place. Be proud of your home. Take this from someone who has been improving his acreage every year since 1976.

Since when do we have the right to make others do something?
Posted By: grampy

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 10:50 PM

Before a person could give good advice on legal recourse they would have to know what the bl-laws are about your situation,if in fact there are any.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 11:09 PM

Plant clover-You never have to mow it-its always nice and short and green,keeps brush and other stuff from growing,and the bees and rabbits love it.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 11:19 PM

Your are the one that started the thread, looking for help.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/25/21 11:26 PM

On my little street there's only 4 house and we are all related except for the first house on the road, all my family including me keep our places up pretty nice. My uncle let's his chickens free-range so they are on my property slot, all mine are kept up most of the time. The first house has got cars sitting everywhere and an old camper parked in his front yard, he rarely mows or does any yard work but he's a good guy and I would never tell him how to care for his property. If i want to control his property I'd need to buy it in my opinion. With a business and 4 kids I barely have time to worry about my own property and I definitely don't lose sleep thinking of his. Live and let live. Warrior I say keep doing you bud

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/26/21 12:05 AM

Whatever freedoms we had in this country are disappearing one by one. At what point in time did we as a people figure we had to enact laws on our neighbors to keep their grass tightly cropped like we like on our own lawn? Is there also going to be a law enacted if a few dandelions pop up on our neighbor's lawn and spoil our day?

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/26/21 12:52 AM

I guess what ever the definition of freedom is varies person to person. If your definition means being alone then one needs to buy an island and let that become his prison and the freedoms that go with that.
Everyone has a breaking point, I guess. How would you react if a gal would raise her dress and take a crap in the main isle at Walmart. Where does her freedom end and yours start.
What if you had 613 commandments to follow ever day, some positive and some negative ? Has our world became so complex we are getting back to that point.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/26/21 01:44 AM

Well, I think I've settled on a course of action. Since this neighbor has the Christmas tree farm directly in back of me with a clear view of my garden, the cleanest part of the lot, and I haven't put in a garden this year I think I'm going to try my hand at pastured pork on that quarter acre.
Maybe it'll be cold enough for an old fashioned hog killing on Black Friday.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/26/21 01:55 AM

Well, I think I've settled on a course of action. Since this neighbor has the Christmas tree farm directly in back of me with a clear view of my garden, the cleanest part of the lot, and I haven't put in a garden this year I think I'm going to try my hand at pastured pork on that quarter acre.

If someone should come up with the idea to drown your pigs its been my experience pigs are very good swimmers, lol.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/26/21 02:12 AM

It would be easier to mow your darn yard.

And, this will get even better if your pig fantasy actually happens. If you intentionally mess with his business, he'll sue you for that.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/26/21 02:13 AM

May be the prevailing winds be in your favor. <fingers crossed>

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/26/21 02:44 AM

Back to your original question, the only legal recourse you have is basically whatever the law says for the area you live in. If you’re within the law you’re good to go, if you’re not i guess your neighbor has more of a leg to stand on than you do, even on your own property. I really don’t see the point of brewing up a bunch of crap back and forth with your neighbor and trying to invent ways to torment one another like a couple of children.
Posted By: JSfab

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/26/21 02:47 AM

I know the following isn't very popular nowadays, and really hasn't ever been popular with humanity, but Truth be told it's by far the best course of action.

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise. “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/26/21 02:52 AM

Sounds like a tantrum starting. Just like the guy that bought the campground and our whole shop area and all the land. We have a signed 10 year lease. Now the first year in the lease , he wants us out. He is a total douche. Prime example is parking his excavator 32 feet from our 5 overhead truck door bays. Our service trucks are about 25 + feet long. Only reason he has money is his brother crashed a plane and was killed and made him and his dad 19 million.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? - 05/26/21 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds

Your are the one that started the thread, looking for help.

If you tell him to look in the archives every 14 year old here is gonna report you so be careful Mister Feedin Grounds- be very careful grin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums