Home

hate crime bill

Posted By: danny clifton

hate crime bill - 05/25/21 09:37 PM

We have a right to our opinions, beliefs, religion, or lack of religion in the United States. People who are obeying the law have every expectation that L.E. will protect them if possible from law breakers no matter what they look like, who they love, who they pray too or dont pray too. As we should. We have laws making assault, murder and in some cases harassment illegal.

So why this hate crime stuff? Will it deter "hate crime" or make 'hate crime" more common????????

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-seeing-wave-of-textbook-anti-semitism-amid-israel-gaza-tensions
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: hate crime bill - 05/25/21 09:40 PM

It will be used selectively like every tool they tell us is good they I’ll turn it into a weapon down the road and distort it’s true objective.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: hate crime bill - 05/25/21 09:52 PM

Welcome the Thought Police. Hate crimes are thought crimes. Imagine the possibilities.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: hate crime bill - 05/25/21 09:55 PM

Label anything that opposes your agenda as hate driven and then you can use the law against your opposition. Plus hate is emotion based and feelings are being raised up to a higher level than reasoning and logic.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: hate crime bill - 05/25/21 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Welcome the Thought Police. Hate crimes are thought crimes. Imagine the possibilities.

Yep.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: hate crime bill - 05/25/21 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Label anything that opposes your agenda as hate driven and then you can use the law against your opposition. Plus hate is emotion based and feelings are being raised up to a higher level than reasoning and logic.

nailed it
Posted By: Getting There

Re: hate crime bill - 05/25/21 10:08 PM

In most cases any new crime bill favor the criminal. JMO
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: hate crime bill - 05/25/21 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by grumley701
Originally Posted by J Staton

Yep.

Yup and once we have all the new red flag laws in place you can expect jack booted thugs at your door w/i hours of posting something someone else does not deem appropriate
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 11:59 AM

Hate crime thing kinda sticks in my craw too.. Seems to me as you say a law is a law same for all. Does remind me though when they used to call some violent crimes. (Crimes Of Passion) ?? I just wonder how selectively they plan to enforce something like that? If you go past the fruit stand shoot it up because you hate fruit. Is that a then hate crime? or standard drive by Fruiting??
Not like calling some particular thing a hate crime is same as endangered species protection?
I just don't get it.

Mac
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 12:09 PM

If you can make a law to protect a bird, like a bald eagle; you can make a law to protect brown people.

I think that's what I heard from the brother of George Floyd, yesterday.

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 12:12 PM

IMO saying the color of a persons skin, or which religion they belong to, or who they hit on at the bar on Saturday night, will determine what kind of protection they receive from L.E. and the judiciary, makes "hate" more likely by those in a different group.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 12:52 PM

If hate was a crime we could round up and lock up everyone on the left who openly declared their hatred for Donald Trump for 4 years.

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 01:49 PM

Just look at a mug shot of Pelosi and Hillary if you want to see hate. Those two are ate up with it.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 02:02 PM

Just look at a mug shot of Pelosi and Hillary if you want to see hate. Those two are ate up with it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Macthediver
Hate crime thing kinda sticks in my craw too.. Seems to me as you say a law is a law same for all. Does remind me though when they used to call some violent crimes. (Crimes Of Passion) ?? I just wonder how selectively they plan to enforce something like that? If you go past the fruit stand shoot it up because you hate fruit. Is that a then hate crime? or standard drive by Fruiting??
Not like calling some particular thing a hate crime is same as endangered species protection?
I just don't get it.

Mac

Drive by de- fruiting. grin

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

[Linked Image]

No I haven't eaten yet and you can't make me. Don't you got a water gap washed out of something else to do?

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 03:21 PM

How can I unsee this (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)? sick

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 03:30 PM

wilder than a fresh caught bobcat force fed loco weed

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 03:32 PM

lol

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 03:53 PM

Danny what u just did would make rethink my position on hate crimes. That is heinous on your part...
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 04:59 PM

Making hate illegal makes thoughts illegal. It's dangerous to free people because it gives the government the power to declare anything a crime. Everything that the left opposes is now racist. Even common sense things like wanting to be sure only people who are legally allowed to vote are voting. When there is no real reason to oppose an idea like that, it's racist. The go-to argument is "you're racist" if you disagree with me.

Now it will be "you're hating" - and it's a crime now. Support voter ID? That's because you hate people who can't vote - go to jail for your thoughts. Want to stop welfare programs - you hate the poor - jail. Support traditional Christian views on marriage - you hate anyone who thinks differently than you - jail. Not yet, but we'll get there.

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
Making hate illegal makes thoughts illegal. It's dangerous to free people because it gives the government the power to declare anything a crime. Everything that the left opposes is now racist. Even common sense things like wanting to be sure only people who are legally allowed to vote are voting. When there is no real reason to oppose an idea like that, it's racist. The go-to argument is "you're racist" if you disagree with me.

Now it will be "you're hating" - and it's a crime now. Support voter ID? That's because you hate people who can't vote - go to jail for your thoughts. Want to stop welfare programs - you hate the poor - jail. Support traditional Christian views on marriage - you hate anyone who thinks differently than you - jail. Not yet, but we'll get there.

We’ll have to get there to finish a 360 turn.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 06:11 PM

Will you guys stop quoting Danny with that ape picture till I find my brain floss.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 06:14 PM

Agree.
Posted By: hippie

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 06:39 PM

Doesn't a crime once considered a hate crime raise sentencing guidelines rather than create a new law as I'm getting a sense some believe?

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Doesn't a crime once considered a hate crime raise sentencing guidelines rather than create a new law as I'm getting a sense some believe?

Yes I believe you to be correct but where it starts and where it ends are to different things.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: hate crime bill - 05/26/21 08:18 PM

One example for me would be the LGBTXYZ and all the other things associated with it. While I don't necessarily agree with these lifestyles, it's not for me. But, it's their choice and I certainly don't hate them for it or wish them any harm. Yet, there are those on the left mostly that say if you don't agree with that lifestyle, it's a hate crime. It seems to me wishing them harm for their choice would qualify as a hate crime, but not disagreeing with it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums