Home

News from Ford today

Posted By: charles

News from Ford today - 05/26/21 07:47 PM

Ford – Ford’s stock rose more than 6% after the automaker announced plans to increase its investment in electric vehicles to $30 billion through 2025 at its investor day Wednesday morning. The company said it expects 40% of its global sales volume to come from electric vehicles by 2030.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 09:09 PM

Is that money coming from the sale of fossil fueled vechilies or green grants from the gov
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 09:13 PM

Someone knows more than they're stating

Battery technology??
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 09:36 PM

Be nice if the worthless company could build dependable gas burner's first. But go ahead and run down that rabbit hole, i won't ever buy a junky ford anyway.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Be nice if the worthless company could build dependable gas burner's first. But go ahead and run down that rabbit hole, i won't ever buy a junky ford anyway.

Ohh come on. They are a very innovative company. They now even have twin exhausts on some of their new models that look like fork lift pockets. It makes stacking them at the junkyard so much easier
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 10:12 PM

They can't build regular trucks now.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 10:20 PM

I'll sell you mine, 2002 it's only got 351,000 on it. Only drove to church on Sundays.
laugh
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 10:22 PM

Dependable long running cars, Taurus and Fusion

Unreliable Trucks thats been our experience
Posted By: coalbank

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 10:39 PM

510,850 on my F250 5.4. My old Chevy ate 3 trannies and lasted 263,000.

The fords tranny fluid has never been changed. Just add a bit every 6 months or so. Runs like a champ.
Posted By: otterc

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 10:45 PM

I had an F150. Owned it for ten years and had 180,000. Ran it hard trapping and chasing bear. Did have to put a new tranny in it before I sold it. Blamed it on hauling my wife's camper to Wisconsin for 8 years to chase bear.
Posted By: adam m

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 10:55 PM

If their e vehicles are not like their e mustang sick

Also noteworthy, is ford is moving back to Mexico because of Bidens tax increase.

Teepee, here I thought my 00 f250 had a lot of milage. Yours has about 60k more than mine
Posted By: finbar

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Someone knows more than they're stating

Battery technology??

all the corporations just jawbone predictions that never happen either to hype up their stock or virtue signal
In this case both
Posted By: Jackdale

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 11:06 PM

I saw a news brief Ford put out about their new line of work trucks. The low end has a range of 270mi and it takes 8hrs to charge. I imagine that is driving 55mph and not hauling anything. Who would buy that for a work rig??
Posted By: claycreech

Re: News from Ford today - 05/26/21 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jackdale
I saw a news brief Ford put out about their new line of work trucks. The low end has a range of 270mi and it takes 8hrs to charge. I imagine that is driving 55mph and not hauling anything. Who would buy that for a work rig??

A guvment agency.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 12:00 AM

1 in 5 Californians who bought electric cars got rid of them a returned something with less headaches
Posted By: charles

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 12:10 AM

Had two EcoBoost engines and both have been dependable. Traded at 60K and now have about that many on the second. Been good to me.
Posted By: 70sdiver

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 12:24 AM

Got a 2005 I bought used in 2008 for exactly 10,000 out the door had 31,100 miles on it .What a pain in the rear had to replace the water pump at 107,000 miles still driving the pain in the but at 199,000. Miles.Bought stock for the last year and on 2600 shares average cost 6.96 a share .when it hits 20 a share I’ll sell 600 and buy another used ford lol.You got to hate ford!
Posted By: white marlin

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 12:30 AM

guess we'll see how it all shakes out.

there's NO way that electric vehicles (on an even scientific footing) are the equal [efficiency-wise] to gasoline/diesel burners.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 12:46 AM

For sure Marlin couple years ago people were buying electric golf carts Ssoo great jus turn the key They're back on gas quads now
Posted By: hippie

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 12:46 AM

You'd think it would drain the battery down by just defrosting the windshield before you even leave the house?
Especially if there's an inch of ice on it or keeping snow off going down the road.

Posted By: seniortrap

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 01:08 PM

If your driving an electric car and it runs down when in a traffic jam, what do you do? Pull out a marine battery from the trunk?!
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by seniortrap
If your driving an electric car and it runs down when in a traffic jam, what do you do? Pull out a marine battery from the trunk?!

Dynamo pedals on the floor lol
Posted By: chicken

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

Ohh come on. They are a very innovative company. They now even have twin exhausts on some of their new models that look like fork lift pockets. It makes stacking them at the junkyard so much easier

They they cant build a truck.... They have for HOW MANY YEAR been out selling Chey Dodge combined???

43-44 years best selling trucks!!!!

Yea they don't make a good truck???????
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by charles
Ford – Ford’s stock rose more than 6% after the automaker announced plans to increase its investment in electric vehicles to $30 billion through 2025 at its investor day Wednesday morning. The company said it expects 40% of its global sales volume to come from electric vehicles by 2030.

Even an idiots money is green- any auto maker setting themselves up to expore a possiby expanding market are just making sound biz decisions.

I can wait to take pics of electric cars getting charged up on generators burnin fossil fuels myself
grin

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 06:38 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 06:40 PM

Good one Scuba thanks

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by chicken

They they cant build a truck.... They have for HOW MANY YEAR been out selling Chey Dodge combined???

43-44 years best selling trucks!!!!

Yea they don't make a good truck???????

My point exactly. If yer truck only lasts half as long, ya got to build twice and many for the same time frame. See I knew you would get it
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: News from Ford today - 05/27/21 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
You'd think it would drain the battery down by just defrosting the windshield before you even leave the house?
Especially if there's an inch of ice on it or keeping snow off going down the road.

If you are ever forced to own an electric vehicle there's no doubt you will have to change your driving habits drastically. You will be doing a lot more scraping of ice. No more letting your vehicle warm up before going anywhere. Long distance driving especially in winter probably won't be a smart option. That's just a couple of the problems an electric vehicle owner will have to deal with.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums