Home

Covid vac get second shot or not?

Posted By: jbyrd63

Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 02:51 PM

Ok this has been beat to death but I'll tell about my experience AND my opinion. First I think anyone and MOST people should get the first one. I DON"T THINK EVERYONE that gets the first dose should take the second. I am one of those. I have an auto immune inflammatory response disorder. In short my body thinks certain drugs or chemicals are germs and kicks into defense mode. Nexium about put me in a wheel chair because of cramps and muscle weakness. Some BP meds did the same. I had been feeling great as far as those symptoms go. THEN took the first dose on April 17 down for 3-4 days , feeling yucky and tired. Time for the second dose , I discussed it with my family Dr and my rhuametoligist. Both said yes take it . It will be out of your system in 6-10 days.
OK day 1 after second shot no effects.
Day 2 fever for 24 hours.
Day 3 Felt good mowing weed eating , working in garage.
Day 4 cramps start.
Day 5 heart paliputations begin. Still fighting these symptoms after 7 days ,so I go see my rheumatologist last Tuesday. Steriod injection. relief for 3 days and now cramps are back. I ask him is my body reacting to the serumn or the t- cells it is causing my body to produce. He didn't know but told me I had one heck of an immune system. DUH working in turd plants for 20 years will cause a strong one. LOL.
But he said ALL his patients with this disorder it calms down in 2-3 weeks. I certainly hope so and wish I hadn't taken the second dose for just an added 5% immunity.....
OH yes the MAIN reason I took the second dose was my DEAR SWEET MOMMA begged me to get it as lot of her friends family members my age has died or in pretty bad shape from getting covid..
I got the moderna vaccine..........
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 02:57 PM

Well, I can tell you from personal experience as well as a number of people I've seen post Moderna. You'll have a more intense reaction to the second vaccination. Especially if you've had Covid. There's people with lymph nodes reacting two months out from the vaccine. Have had to hold off on mammograms and other screenings for a few months due to the false alarms.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Covid vac get it or not ? - 05/29/21 03:02 PM

Since you asked...no way on Gods green Earth I’d get it. It’s NOT A VACCINE plain and simple, it’s nothing more than a best guess shot that I keep reading more and more bad things about.
I’ve had Doctors tell me not to get it. I’ve read and even had Doctors tell me it actually weakens your immune system and those vaccinated are more susceptible to the virus and many other issues now more than ever. From what I’ve read and been told, your BEST defense is by getting the actual virus. A mild case (99.7% survival rate) is the best, hospitalization with ventilator not so much.
There is no rhyme or reason with the virus either. A perfectly healthy 30+ year old gets his butt kicked by it and a 60+ year old smoker with heart problems never misses a day on the tractor.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 03:02 PM

I just want the arm cramps to stop ! I got night time smallies to catch.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Since you asked...no way on Gods green Earth I’d get it. It’s NOT A VACCINE plain and simple, it’s nothing more than a best guess shot that I keep reading more and more bad things about.
I’ve had Doctors tell me not to get it. I’ve read and even had Doctors tell me it actually weakens your immune system and those vaccinated are more susceptible to the virus and many other issues now more than ever. From what I’ve read and been told, your BEST defense is by getting the actual virus. A mild case (99.7% survival rate) is the best, hospitalization with ventilator not so much.
There is no rhyme or reason with the virus either. A perfectly healthy 30+ year old gets his butt kicked by it and a 60+ year old smoker with heart problems never misses a day on the tractor.

Only thing that disproves your point is how the cases plummented after the vaccines started getting used. So it must be working ...

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 03:09 PM

And if you believe that you believe the number of deaths they reported too. I talk to actual Doctors that have not seen anyone die OF covid...and the town I work in was one of the supposed hot spots. They can’t go public from risk of losing their jobs. They saw plenty die with covid...heart attacks, automobile accidents, even suicides.
Inject if you choose to. I prefer to feel fine and not go through the “side effects”.
And yes, I had the virus. I had worse sinus infections and stomach bugs.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 03:12 PM

Who do you want to believe facts or what the government tells you. My entire family from young children to my mother at 90 will not get the shot no way.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 03:24 PM

One of the reasons I wont get any of the vaccines is the fact that there are a lot of doctors out there who think they will cause autoimmune disease. I already have RA but totally control it with diet and no meds of any kind. I want to keep it that way.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 05:24 PM

I think you should get the second shot for your safety and everyone around you.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28

Matt drank the Kool-aid?
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Matt drank the Kool-aid?

Sure did.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 07:06 PM

Sometimes Momma does not know best... For your sake I hope this is not one of those times. As time passes we are hearing of more and more side effects.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 09:42 PM

How about spacing them out a few months like Canada and UK??

The second will get you immune system revved up and it sounds like its in overdrive already.

Side effects hit harder on me on moderna #2 for sure.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by ILcooner
How about spacing them out a few months like Canada and UK??

The second will get you immune system revved up and it sounds like its in overdrive already.

Side effects hit harder on me on moderna #2 for sure.

I eat lots of berries, veggies, vitamin c and zink supplements to boost my immune system. No jab.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 10:09 PM

Be thankful your alive Jbyrd. There's about 3500 that aren't since gettin it!!!!
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 10:42 PM

Most vaccines take 10 to 15 years to develop properly. This one was pushed through in 9 months and the sheep are eating it up like green grass in a virgin pasture. No thanks on either of the shots.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho
Most vaccines take 10 to 15 years to develop properly. This one was pushed through in 9 months and the sheep are eating it up like green grass in a virgin pasture. No thanks on either of the shots.

Not true. There are many variants of corona, so this vaccine was piggybacked off research from Sars and h1n1. It's not completely new.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/29/21 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT
Be thankful your alive Jbyrd. There's about 3500 that aren't since gettin it!!!!

COVID Vaccine Data Through May 21, 2021 Reported Deaths post COVID Vaccine: Total 4,406,
Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System, USA) 262,521 Reports Through May 21, 2021
The next highest number of deaths from ALL vaccines in a year is 203 in 1993.
If you look at the graphs the death toll was 3409 May 1 --- 4,406 May 21 997 in twenty days.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 12:02 AM

My wife had a very intense reaction to the first shot. Basically like you her immune system kicked into overdrive and cause a pseudo-flair of her MS.

She had COVID back in November. Her neurologist felt she was more than likely fully immunized, and didn't need the second shot. She told him she needed it for her records for going to see her mom in the nursing home and for her place of employment to be able to relax her masking mandates there.

He gave her a script for steroids and to take them if she needed them. The second shot gave her a little weakness in her legs and she fought that off with OTC pain stuff. She didn't have to take the steroids.

I'll tell you what my liver doc told me. She said "Elkie, you do you. Don't listen to what anyone on the internet has to say. Don't listen to the talking heads on TV. Unless they have a degree in virology they are only interpreting and regurgitating what they hear from these so called "experts". I'm not going to push you into getting it, and not kick you out of my practice if you choose not to. It's all up to you."

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
My wife had a very intense reaction to the first shot. Basically like you her immune system kicked into overdrive and cause a pseudo-flair of her MS.

She had COVID back in November. Her neurologist felt she was more than likely fully immunized, and didn't need the second shot. She told him she needed it for her records for going to see her mom in the nursing home and for her place of employment to be able to relax her masking mandates there.

He gave her a script for steroids and to take them if she needed them. The second shot gave her a little weakness in her legs and she fought that off with OTC pain stuff. She didn't have to take the steroids.

I'll tell you what my liver doc told me. She said "Elkie, you do you. Don't listen to what anyone on the internet has to say. Don't listen to the talking heads on TV. Unless they have a degree in virology they are only interpreting and regurgitating what they hear from these so called "experts". I'm not going to push you into getting it, and not kick you out of my practice if you choose not to. It's all up to you."

One of the best comments made . Thanks for sharing !!!!
Posted By: charles

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 01:57 AM

Lots of dead people wish they could have gotten the shots in time. Same for those who spent weeks on a ventilator. Sorry you had difficulty with yours. Mine was a piece of cake. Wife’s was also. Kids had no problem and our 13 year old grandson gets his second in about 10 days.

When did natural disasters become political? I think it was Hurricane Katrina maybe. Politics should not divide people on public safety issues. So sad. And what does it matter what definition the vaccines has or doesn’t have. It’s purpose is to stop the spread and ultimate mutation of Covid-19 and nothing else.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by charles
Lots of dead people wish they could have gotten the shots in time. Same for those who spent weeks on a ventilator. Sorry you had difficulty with yours. Mine was a piece of cake. Wife’s was also. Kids had no problem and our 13 year old grandson gets his second in about 10 days.

When did natural disasters become political? I think it was Hurricane Katrina maybe. Politics should not divide people on public safety issues. So sad. And what does it matter what definition the vaccines has or doesn’t have. It’s purpose is to stop the spread and ultimate mutation of Covid-19 and nothing else.

Got my popcorn ready.
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 02:05 AM

Had covid, no way am I getting this vaccine now after reading this thread!
Posted By: Yellowstone

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 03:17 AM

Numbers were plummeting here before the injection. Less than half of the hospital employees and less than 10% of the doctors I work with have taken it. Studies weren’t good on this type of injection for years they tell me. Read a quick news blurb that came across my phone Thursday that there people who have had COVID might have antibodies and be immune forever. People that have had just the injection will need a booster. I’ve heard numerous reports that people are still showing antibodies over a year out now. I’ll take my chances and for darn sure not giving to my kids who had it roar through the school with teachers but no kids having symptoms or hardly any. I don’t care who else gets it but not my family.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 05:18 AM

Covid rates are dropping and it is direct cause and effect to the amount of bodies that have got the vaccination. (f you don't mind living the way you have for the last year sure, don't get the vax).
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 05:36 AM

Matt drank the Kool-aid?

lol

A lot of doctors talk about the autoimmune diseases that could happen. Some doctors predict that all shot takers will die from it in just the next few years.

There is a lot of pressure, and persuading to take the shots. So much so...that I dont trust the motives behind it.

Viral immunity is much greater than shot immunity. I'll wait and take my chances. It saddens me to see so many folks I know, friends, family and such, put so much blind faith into the shot so quickly just for peace of mind.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 08:33 AM

shocked
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 09:22 AM

For whatever reason, it's fascinating why CA has jumped on board the lottery-vaxx train by offering 10x 1.5 million dollars to those who get the injection.
Never had a lotto for a vaccine before have we?

I saw people yesterday still wearing masks while jogging, driving alone in the cars with windows rolled up, with the reason being perhaps there's a virus that's been identified with 99.7% survivability (we're told) and that the Centers for Disease Control now admits has a .01% of contraction outdoors? When did the CDC go from "super spreader" terms to .01%? There's a mile of turf between those types of words and that kind of number, isn't there?

The greatest pandemic in our lifetimes and the richest nation on earth (us) had the same medical plan overall as 3rd world nations? A face covering and a 6' rule? What?
That tells me, USA medical virologists had very little say in all things pandemic because even this scientist realizes a virulent virus is not inhibited by face coverings and a few feet.
Touch these things and keep these stores open but close these things and those businesses down? What? That's not a virology plan. That's another type of plan which we're not privy to I guess?
The morbidity and mortality of COVID-19 deserved a full-scale effort, especially from those with the most means to do so (us), and for whatever reason, most of us contracted COVID-19 and survived, even with sub-par government officials like AF (he's a terrible gaf at the wheel) directing traffic and I'm glad he's not in charge of air traffic control because... well because.

This entire situation has been sad to witness as our great nation looked and acted like a 3rd world nation.
We wish it wasn't so but realize it is.

Blessings to those who are vaccinated - not vaccinated - injected - not injected - vaxxed - and not vaxxed.
Mark
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 12:41 PM

Hey Charles, you said you are a retired military officer, correct? What was your position in the military? I ask because I'm trying to get into your worldview and I'm convinced from my own work experiences that occupations and sub-occupations can tend to see the world very differently.

In my agency, what the engineers do doesn't get me excited but its needed so in the end I can do my analysis of derived data products. I'm sure what I do bore most of the engineers (most of these are computer engineers) to tears. Same way with the "teckie" side of our "science". Most of those folks love the processes of what they do, how to use the end results don't float most of their boats. So, these groups I'm involved with aren't really using the same language and/or have any real same interests. We don't see or share the same worldview.

Perhaps that's the difference between you and some of us on tman. You appear to have a very Fauci single-mindedness that the virus is the only thing that matters, and either you don't see or don't think the collateral damage caused by letting the "medical" people make all the pandemic policy decisions is an issue. Among other things...

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Covid rates are dropping and it is direct cause and effect to the amount of bodies that have got the vaccination. (f you don't mind living the way you have for the last year sure, don't get the vax).

Yeah ok.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

Only thing that disproves your point is how the cases plummented after the vaccines started getting used. So it must be working ...

Did cases plummet or did testing plummet? I bet if one were to to research it, they would probably find that testing for covid plummeted.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 01:07 PM

Flu cases drop off this time of year too.

Will you be getting the shot every six months for the rest of your life then?
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 01:53 PM

Choices will be made for unknown personal reasons the ones not getting the shots have the most to say even though the are not invested in any way, Only time will tell as to the outcome but men acting like they are still on the playground is sad to see. The no vac crowd is scared of the unknown just like the ones that got the shots we just don’t have the need to belittle others to feed that fear.
Posted By: Thumb Catcher

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 02:01 PM

Review The Shingles Vaccine? Please,,,,,, Its a Virus requires two shots now vrs one or two every 10 yrs.

Do your self a small favor and just google Shingles and complications and the Shots, know the complications from it, and no people rarely die from the Shingles but it sure is a painful thing to deal with.
The Vaccine has been available for years.
I have known a few people that for one reason or other procrastinated and didn't get the shingles shots as advised by there doctor and gosh did they suffer the consequences.

Personally for some,,, not all I think,, age and health have a lot to do with the decision on the Covid Vaccine. The medical world has been studying viruses for many years and were fortunate they were able to come up with the vaccine as quickly as they did. I am also aware that current studies are under way as to why some people just get a mild case
of Covid vrs Death or a life time of a Disability from Covid. I'm not educated enough to explain the reasoning but I do know the studies are under way and with time we will know more.

It was stated above and above all I respect that this is a personal choice, there is so much political garbage out there and I know myself overtime I see Fauci on TV I wanna puke.

Maybe I haven't helped and I'm certainly not going to change a lot of peoples minds : Not my intentions just my conversation about the situation.

Rand Paul here from Ky love him or hate him finally I can say DAT A BOY go after that Lying Jerk Fauci,,,,
I hope he gets in his face more and keeps at it. Thats a hole conversation in itself many things will be revealed in the History Books some day about the Origins and who was the orchestrator of Covid,
Nuff you all will probably bash my comments but I am just speaking as one individual, right or wrong just my thoughts

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 02:05 PM

Wife looked into the shingle shots the pharmacist said to wait because a better shot was coming out soon that was more effective.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Yellowstone
Numbers were plummeting here before the injection. Less than half of the hospital employees and less than 10% of the doctors I work with have taken it. Studies weren’t good on this type of injection for years they tell me. Read a quick news blurb that came across my phone Thursday that there people who have had COVID might have antibodies and be immune forever. People that have had just the injection will need a booster. I’ve heard numerous reports that people are still showing antibodies over a year out now. I’ll take my chances and for darn sure not giving to my kids who had it roar through the school with teachers but no kids having symptoms or hardly any. I don’t care who else gets it but not my family.

LOL I call BS on that the vaccines started in mid DECEMBER !! The largest out breaks were right after Christmas and into January . The big rollout of vaccines happened toward the end of January . Numbers plummeted end of Feb /beginning of March. Facts only the facts. Just like Fox and friends LOL
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton

Did cases plummet or did testing plummet? I bet if one were to to research it, they would probably find that testing for covid plummeted.

I'm not sure about your area of the country, but around here it is MUCH easier to get tested now then it was a year ago at the same time. Many folks are taking advantage of that. Two huge hospital systems and a couple smaller ones had the numbers of symptoms needed to get tested so high it was virtually impossible to get tested. My county was the last one in the state to have a confirmed case. We held onto the lowest case numbers for a long while. Sometime in Mid-September they changed the testing guidelines and our numbers went up. We have kind of plateaued now and we get a couple new cases a week.

My county also has one of the highest percentages of folks with both shots.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Choices will be made for unknown personal reasons the ones not getting the shots have the most to say even though the are not invested in any way, Only time will tell as to the outcome but men acting like they are still on the playground is sad to see. The no vac crowd is scared of the unknown just like the ones that got the shots we just don’t have the need to belittle others to feed that fear.

The virus has a survival rate of over 99%. I feel I don't need it.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/30/21 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty

99% For who?-Not the old geezers on here ready for the old age penitentiary-more likely 10%

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 12:33 AM

We are in a war with Covid. Who do you want to win?
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 12:41 AM

Why not get 3 or 4 shots? Going to have to have a booster this fall anyway. Can't let a good crisis go to waste.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 12:43 AM

A war with a 99.7% survival rate?

Mike

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 12:44 AM

We are in a war with the media . Who do you want to win?

Fixed it for you.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

99% For who?-Not the old geezers on here "WITH UNDERLYING CONDITIONS" ready for the old age penitentiary-more likely 10%

Fixed it.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 12:52 AM

We are in a war with Covid. Who do you want to win?

Wow, you really are its either black-or-white "true believer". Are you going door-to-door yet in your community trying to spread the "faith"?? Please stay a way from the "Committee for Public Safety" types. It didn't end well for those guys. Or hundreds of thousands of their fellow citizens they got control over...
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 01:30 AM

I certainly hope so and wish I hadn't taken the second dose for just an added 5% immunity.....
OH yes the MAIN reason I took the second dose was my DEAR SWEET MOMMA begged me to get it as lot of her friends family members my age has died or in pretty bad shape from getting covid..
I got the moderna vaccine..........

Did I read this correctly? You are asking if you should get a 2nd dose and the above statements indicates you already have got the 2nd shot? If so then this is a done deal is it not?

Bryce
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 06:02 AM

From my understanding if you've had Covid your have natural antibodies that are more effective than the vaccine.
My wife and I both feel we had covid. We are not getting the vaccine. I don't see any reason to either way.

This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 06:15 AM

Those that have died from covid would argue that point--if they could.
Tom
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 06:27 AM

I got both shots. At 74 I will be dead within 20 years anyway. If the side effects kill me before then so be it. However, if I was under 50 I would not have gotten the shots. To many unanswered questions for an experimental vaccine.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
I got both shots. At 74 I will be dead within 20 years anyway. If the side effects kill me before then so be it. However, if I was under 50 I would not have gotten the shots. To many unanswered questions for an experimental vaccine.

I'm 74, and no way on this green earth would I take that crap. I haven't had it and not worried about it. See you at the conventions.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 12:47 PM

That completely depends on who you believe. One of the top virologists in France says the virus naturally ran its course, and the vaccine had little to do with case rates dropping.

Its interesting to look at the data. Especially the average age of death from covid. In most cases its about the same as the average life expectancy.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 12:53 PM

If I lived in a state that gives lottery chances then I would get in line 3 or 4 times. Ok, you say the lottery thing is ridiculous and has never been done before, well then what do you think those Doctors handing out the suckers was doing? A chance at winning a million is more impressive than getting a sucker, lol. I'm going in 2 hrs to get my 2nd Pfizer shot.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 12:56 PM

Get the shot.
Posted By: GG trapping

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer

I'm 74, and no way on this green earth would I take that crap. I haven't had it and not worried about it. See you at the conventions.

those vaccines cripple and old aged people
Posted By: GG trapping

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by AKAjust
Get the shot.

bill gates killed tribes over in africa for the gold and diamonds under the camps

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by GG trapping
Get the shot.

bill gates killed tribes over in africa for the gold and diamonds under the camps

Wonder how much Gates will leave when he dies ? Pretty sure all of it !
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 01:28 PM

Can't tell anyone how to decide. There is enough information out there to make a good decision on your own. I won't get any vaccines until much more confirmed data is available. I know two that have died from complications from 2 different vaccines in my circle. Both had Covid previously and recovered well.

They should never have gotten the vaccine to begin with once they recovered.

When exposed and recovered your body knows best and it develops antibodies in your circulatory system in a few weeks to guard against the same virus if exposed again..

I haven't had it yet but may at some point. If I do wife and I have our Ivermectin at the ready with the first symptoms.

Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 01:30 PM

Lives are lost in car accidents every day but they don’t stop us driving cars. People die from heart attacks, cancer, diabetes, but can’t seem to find a cure? Then you have drug overdose and no stopping that. This whole thing doesn’t add up. I’m 54 and if God wants me home. I’m ready to get away from this evil world.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Tom

Our own CDC has said that 6% of the listed covid deaths are from the disease, the rest are deaths not from covid but with covid. Big difference.

That aside I'm tired of the use of the dead as a arguing point. People die every day all day. You can't stop it. Whether its from Covid or driving to the store.

Fact, about 2000 children die per yr in the US from car crashes, 283 children died from covid in the US.

We need to ban vehicles, think of the children!!! they are dying almost 7x faster from cars than Covid!!!

Oh my, the hysteria over covid is bordering on insanity.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 02:22 PM

You could logically look at this another way. Chance of dying from the vaccine, chance of dying from the disease, Chance of getting the disease even if you get the shots.

You feel that the shots are a better choice for you than the disease. Great, get the shot.

But you also state that if you were under 50 no way you'd got the shot. In that scenario you are pointing out that the disease affects the older and the young have very little to fear from the disease. Thats they way this ought to be. Everyone makes up their mind.

Our Gov't screwed up in its response to this disease. It should only have disseminated information and let the public decide what to do. Thats what would have happened in country that values freedom. However when you have a fake news media who blows everything out of proportion, politicians more worried about their careers rather than the public's rights and freedoms and a class of people that do the moving and shaking getting rich off this disease we got what we got.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 02:23 PM

Get the shot.

What flavor kool-aid you been drinking?

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty D
Tom

Our own CDC has said that 6% of the listed covid deaths are from the disease, the rest are deaths not from covid but with covid. Big difference.

That aside I'm tired of the use of the dead as a arguing point. People die every day all day. You can't stop it. Whether its from Covid or driving to the store.

Fact, about 2000 children die per yr in the US from car crashes, 283 children died from covid in the US.

We need to ban vehicles, think of the children!!! they are dying almost 7x faster from cars than Covid!!!

You can't argue with a Democrat. They don't get it.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 02:32 PM

Which democrat decided to "Fast Track" the Covid vaccine ?

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw

Did he actually approve it to be used or just speed up the funding for the scientists?
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 02:54 PM

Matt drank the Kool-aid?

Lol no I didn't. But alot of people are. Mom and dad just got over covid they are 55 and 56. People been asking them so now yall will be taking the shot? They said nope.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by GG trapping

those vaccines cripple and old aged people [/quote]

Where did you hear this?
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 03:01 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

33.7 million people have gotten covid and recovered, you are being played!

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 05:36 PM

Did he actually approve it to be used or just speed up the funding for the scientists?

You are splitting hairs. That would be like the doper buying dope but his mother isn't guilty, all she did was enable him by giving him her approval and give him his allowance early. The more you guys politicize the covid the worse you make Trump look.

I just got my 2nd shot, just think, if I die I won't annoy you any more, lol.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 07:19 PM

Everyone getting the shot should be a sport and get all 3. Be triple sure your safe then sell forged covid passports to those sheep like me that will not take the shots. Would pay better than fur trapping. Well not from me I care less about having a covid passport. But I'm sure there is a market for them.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty D
Tom

More people will starve in the next 12 months due to unnecessary kneejerk reactions to the Covid than were killed by the Covid.

Cigarettes will go on killing 400,000 people a year, every year and yet we don't shut down the world economy.

If someone feels comfortable taking the vaccine than take it, if someone doesn't than don't. If you've already taken the first you may as well take the second.

The war that is being waged is the war of freedom vs safety. I'll take freedom.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 08:34 PM

So getting the shot is a loss of freedom. LMAO

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 08:37 PM

Never said any such nonsense.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 08:41 PM

A lot of people say they don’t care then keep talking trash it does get confusing at times.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 08:47 PM

I wasn't talking trash. I said get the vaccine if you want to, don't if you don't.

My other comments were directed at the governments and people reactions to the disease. Living in South Dakota you didn't have to go through what we did in MN although the economic fall out from shutting down the world's economies will be felt by all.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
I wasn't talking trash. I said get the vaccine if you want to, don't if you don't.

My other comments were directed at the governments and people reactions to the disease. Living in South Dakota you didn't have to go through what we did in MN although the economic fall out from shutting down the world's economies will be felt by all.

Already impacting the Nation in many ways along with the new leadership it looks like we are taking a lot of steps backwards it seems like. Same here get it or don’t it’s a personal choice I don’t know why there’s so much division on ones own choices and the way people are acting about it.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 09:29 PM

I agree, it should be a personal choice and we should respect each others choices.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 10:26 PM

Buy your own airplane, then you will lose other freedoms when you have to get pilot license and have to listen to the runway controllers.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 11:09 PM

Buy your own airplane, then you will lose other freedoms when you have to get pilot license and have to listen to the runway controllers.

You don't annoy me, why would you think that....but you are from Illinois. Bahaha.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 11:10 PM

I never would have thought that so many supposedly freedom loving trappers would spend all of this time and energy trying to convince other people how they should live their lives.

The only answer to question in the title of this thread is: People should do whatever the heck they want.

There's another question that is relevant too if you are determined to give opinions on Covid vaccines. "Am I qualified to give an informed opinion?" If all of your information was learned on then internet or is based on what you heard, the answer is "no."

That's it. Simple.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
I never would have thought that so many supposedly freedom loving trappers would spend all of this time and energy trying to convince other people how they should live their lives.

The only answer to question in the title of this thread is: People should do whatever the heck they want.

There's another question that is relevant too if you are determined to give opinions on Covid vaccines. "Am I qualified to give an informed opinion?" If all of your information was learned on then internet or is based on what you heard, the answer is "no."

That's it. Simple.

I think it's from boredom being trapping season is so far away. wink

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 11:14 PM

It’s really confusing with the changes going on and the real expectation of the businesses here, at Menards you better have a mask but I’ve been in other stores with signs saying you need a mask the nobody is wearing one not even the employees.

What really ticks me off is I see for profit businesses giving shots for free then the local “ nonprofit hospital “ try’s to tap $57 out of people without coverage if they can get away with it.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 11:22 PM

It’s really confusing with the changes going on and the real expectation of the businesses here, at Menards you better have a mask but I’ve been in other stores with signs saying you need a mask the nobody is wearing one not even the employees.

What really ticks me off is I see for profit businesses giving shots for free then the local “ nonprofit hospital “ try’s to tap $57 out of people without coverage if they can get away with it.

I will never shop at menards again. Not becuse of the mask but becuse I had my boys under 10 with me. Parked in the back of the lot to fit my excursion. When I got to the door they were not letting anyone under 16 in. We walked back to the excursion and left.

I bet they relaxed that now but they didn't want my money then they will never get any again.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 05/31/21 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher
The loss of freedom works in different ways due to these faux vaccinations and does have an adverse effect on all of us. Walking through a Walmart the other day on the intercom they ask folks that haven't been vaccinated to please wear a mask while shopping. Perhaps this will go on forever? Airlines and many business now requiring a shot record to use their services or for employment. So much for a personal choice and America home of the free.

Thought I read where a lot are rescinding that order also because OSHA came out and said if you do then you’ll be responsible for any adverse effects of the shot even though the manufacturers of the actual shots are not. Seems when it’s put out that way that the shots may not be the best course of action for the workforce.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 12:16 AM

Right here is the problem.

https://torontosun.com/news/provinc...8xvPo-hqKQorKvc4gb8falGMiSagWfBh3WCAu2zA

This thing has been politicalized from day one. There are so many stories out there like this that its impossible for me to take the data the MSM spews seriously anymore. They have no clue how many people have covid and never did. I have based my opinion on things I have seen as an EMT and personally. A friend who manages an auto dealership got the shot a couple of weeks ago, and he has been very sick since. Like real sick. Combine that with what Ive seen on ambulance, and what Ive read, and I know its not for me. Wish everyone who gets it the best.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 12:50 AM

Menards by me says mask for non jabbers. No masks for the vaccinated. Sign says "following CDC guidelines. No one was checking papers though. I walked in mask free without any trouble.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 12:58 AM

Menards by me says mask for non jabbers. No masks for the vaccinated. Sign says "following CDC guidelines. No one was checking papers though. I walked in mask free without any trouble.

I didn't even see that sign at Menards or maybe I chose to ignore it. Maskless the last few times and , like you said, no one was asking for any proof of the jab.
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 12:01 PM

If any business wants to know if I have been vaccinated before they allow me in without a mask, I will tell them truthfully that I have had my two vaccinations. ( Polio and Smallpox)
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 12:13 PM

I heard threw the grapevine. The main reason Menards jumped so quick on the got to wear mask deal. Was that they have a hard enough time hiring and keeping workers. They wanted to stay open and operating keep what employee's they had working.. I don't recall hearing of any Menards stores being close during whole of 2020. Was same for KwikTrip Stores don't think was any them ever close. So pretty much come down to about keep making a dollar.. I think them lot them people might made record sales in 2020.

Mac
Posted By: run

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

33.7 million people have gotten covid and recovered, you are being played!

Thanks for your post.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 01:07 PM

Those little posters are everywhere. Both for and against. I have had little formal education, so my decision is based on my personnel observations. I am convinced we have been lied to. The only question is to what extent.

Sure would be nice if we got accurate information so people could make better informed decisions.

Been a LOT of money thrown around. Way more than what was "given" to taxpayers. I'm thinking that where that money landed would be a good place to look for answers.
Posted By: hooftrimmer20

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

they changed the case reporting guidance once the 'vaccine' came out to make it look it was saving everyone . . same way as the guidance previously was to mark any death that even remotely resembled covid as a covid death whether it actually was or not . . obviously drove the numbers way up

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher
The loss of freedom works in different ways due to these faux vaccinations and does have an adverse effect on all of us. Walking through a Walmart the other day on the intercom they ask folks that haven't been vaccinated to please wear a mask while shopping. Perhaps this will go on forever? Airlines and many business now requiring a shot record to use their services or for employment. So much for a personal choice and America home of the free.

Home of the free ! Heck yea.
FREE health care
FREE child care
FREE wages
FREE vaccines
When BOBO and the clown crew get done won't be any need for anyone to work, worry, or sweat!!!

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 01:39 PM

Ok all you haters and "I know what's best for everyone" . I started this thread to inform people that may or may not be thinking about the shots. I WOULD TAKE the first dose again in a heart beat. BUT NO MORE after that one. BASED ON ME AND my health conditions. The second one has been pretty troublesome as I am still have cramps thru out my entire body. They have calmed some but are still bad early mornings. My body produces inflammation during the night as like most humans. This is day 14 so I hope they stop in a few more days. Especially since I leave next Sunday for the beach !!!
But as always people produce signs, sayings, and events to "back" their beliefs. One chart said it wasn't tested on humans. YES IT WAS ! That's what a human trial is. Then the data was reviewed before EMERGENCY approval.
NEXT some of you chuckleheads say "numbers are inflated" Where they ? Yes maybe, but that doesn't ERASE the thousands of Dr and nurses that were working 20 hr shifts fighting to save lives for almost a year in PACKED ers and hospitals. Please know it alls explain that FACT !!!! Not just in Blue states but in EVERY state at some point over the last year and half. Did they slow down yes! Thank GOD . If you said know it alls didn't listen to tv or radio during winter months or last june -august then I guess you didn't hear about that . Or your memory is shorter than other appendages you have.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 01:43 PM

nurses here were laid off

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 01:44 PM

i trust what i can see not what my tv says

son was in the hospital here with diverticulitis. place was empty

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 01:50 PM

Danny thank you for proving my point in the last post . ( events to prove ones point) Nurses got laid of here also but it was surgical nurses and family practice nurses as those services were stopped during the height of the hospitalizations. BUT once again didn't start this to "prove anyone's believe wrong or right. Just started it to tell of "my" experience.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 01:52 PM

The hospitals full of chinese flu patients were receiving them from a large area. I know that KC hospitals were getting patients from over a hundred miles away. So it looked way worse than it was, at those hospitals. ALL the flu victims put into just a few hospitals. The majority of hospitals were all but shut down and medical people laid off.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 01:59 PM

https://www.coronavirus.kdheks.gov/160/COVID-19-in-Kansas

Danny based on this chart I'd bet not many "laid off" last November thru Jan in Kansas !!!

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
The hospitals full of chinese flu patients were receiving them from a large area. I know that KC hospitals were getting patients from over a hundred miles away. So it looked way worse than it was, at those hospitals. ALL the flu victims put into just a few hospitals. The majority of hospitals were all but shut down and medical people laid off.

Ok ask yourself WHY were they getting patients from 100 miles away? BECAUSE LOCAL hospitals were FULL !!!!!!!

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 02:07 PM

Could be the idea is it’s easier to set up a central specialized hospital then hundreds of separate ones to keep the use of limited resources available to meet the needs easier.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 02:18 PM

Could be the idea is it’s easier to set up a central specialized hospital then hundreds of separate ones to keep the use of limited resources available to meet the needs easier.

I believe that is the reason.

It doesn't change the fact though that local hospitals and clinics were closed or running almost closed. That healthcare workers were laid off. (that link has nothing about laid off nurses I could find) That things at the central location were hectic . When 2-3 hospitals get all the patients from 25 counties, if that hospital is where you look, it appears to be worse than it is. I knew more people bad sick with that flu in 68 than I did with this one. Everyone I know personally that was infected would not even have gone to DR except for what the TV was saying. A good friend lost both parents but I did not know them.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 03:09 PM

So you got the shot and now you seemingly have to justify your decision. How about you do you, I do me?

I don’t care if you get jabbed or not makes no difference to me. But to get on here and be little people that decide not to get it, is just as stupid as calling you out for your fear.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 03:35 PM

The tertiary health care system didn't start with covid, was back when I started as pharm tech in 1989 but I'm sure things have expanded. For rural states with only a couple of metro areas, the tertiary system is probably more "important" because most of the county or sub-regional hospitals are too small to have say an full intensive care unit or even any ICU beds at all! Thus, the larger hospitals were the end point where many badly sick covid patients got transferred.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tertiary_referral_hospital

I didn't check out Danny's links about when say RNs were laid off but early on in the pandemic, before many of the more rural states got hit, yes, many same-day surgery units of larger hospitals were closed because there was a "need to get ready for the covid surge". I was TOLD by a medical provider that the health care systems were basically black-mailed from HHS to close "unnecessary" care during the first few months of the covid blow up OR they their Medicare reimbursements would be slowed down or perhaps even denied. If this was true, it would be quite the scandal.

Of course, there has been more than one scandal that has happened during the covid pandemic...

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 03:42 PM

I didnt post any links. It is what I saw. There is no link to my sons mother in law being in a diabetic coma for 2 years ( blood sugar dropped) un responsive in a nursing home. death certificate said covid. nobody else in the place, staff or patient was positive at the time.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tailhunter
So you got the shot and now you seemingly have to justify your decision. How about you do you, I do me?

I don’t care if you get jabbed or not makes no difference to me. But to get on here and be little people that decide not to get it, is just as stupid as calling you out for your fear.

Don't know who you are directing that at ? But I was the original poster and have said on about every reply I'm all for people doing what ever they want. MY ONLY input is I wouldn't get BOTH vaccines nor will I take another one. My experience was told to pass on MY experience. NOT some chart or facebook stats that was skewed towards one way or the other.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 04:19 PM

Yes that is a possibility!

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 04:34 PM

We are all in the War Against Covid. Decide which side you are on.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 04:39 PM

And if you believe that you believe the number of deaths they reported too. I talk to actual Doctors that have not seen anyone die OF covid...and the town I work in was one of the supposed hot spots. They can’t go public from risk of losing their jobs. They saw plenty die with covid...heart attacks, automobile accidents, even suicides.
Inject if you choose to. I prefer to feel fine and not go through the “side effects”.
And yes, I had the virus. I had worse sinus infections and stomach bugs.

Too many lies about the virus when it comes to side effects, cures, and referring to it as a "vaccine".

Hydroxychloroquine with a Zpak, and an antibiotic or Ivermectin has been downplayed as a placebo by the government stating these aren't cures. Yet, there are doctors claiming almost 100% cures using them in other countries.

A friend of mine's 84 year old normal father had minor surgery. He lived with his daughter and son in law. The daughter is a nurse. Just prior to the surgery he got his first Covid shot. After surgery, he started hallucinating, got aggressive to where they couldn't handle him. He was put in a nursing home. That was 2 months ago. He's still in the nursing home. His daughter, the nurse is convinced the shot was the cause of her father's erratic behavior. She said she's not getting the shot now.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 06:35 PM

We are all in the War Against "the corrupt". Decide which side you are on.

Fixed it for you.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 08:01 PM

We are all in the War Against "the corrupt". Decide which side you are on.

Fixed it for you.

Big thumps up!
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/01/21 10:02 PM

If they ask me, my response will be "do you like anal?" when they say WHAT? I'll say since we were discussing things that's not anyones business I thought it was fitting!

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/02/21 01:46 AM

458 more people died today.

In the war against Covid, which side are you fighting for?
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/02/21 01:48 AM

People die every second of every day
Act your age.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/02/21 01:53 AM

Over a 1000 people died from effects related to smoking today.

I'm on the side of liberty.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? - 06/02/21 01:59 AM

458 more people died today. SHOULD I PUT ON A THIRD MASK?

And a fan on his head
© 2024 Trapperman Forums