Home

Dillon calipers

Posted By: Tactical.20

Dillon calipers - 05/30/21 04:39 PM

I dropped my caliper on the floor after finishing my 80% ar lower, it hit on a jaw, it now doesn't line up with the dial, it's 20-30 thousands off.
I'm guessing hitting the floor made it jump a tooth or something, I suppose they are no good now, idk if it can be fixed
Posted By: Craig S.

Re: Dillon calipers - 05/30/21 05:38 PM

You should be able to loosen the setscrew that locks in the dial face and rotate the whole dial face until the needle is on zero again when fully closed. ( hopefully that makes sense ) Your zero may not be at the 12 o’clock position anymore but so long as the teeth werent damage and it returns to the same zero each time it shouldn’t affect the accuracy at all . just kind of annoying not having the zero on the top at the 12:00 posion if you have ADD about those things like i do lol.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Dillon calipers - 05/30/21 05:44 PM

dillon will most likely repair or replace them at no cost
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Dillon calipers - 05/30/21 05:46 PM

Do like Craig said. Then measure something of a known value... Like a bullet diameter... say .308 or similar, and see if it's correct.

Mike
Posted By: rszwieg

Re: Dillon calipers - 05/30/21 06:30 PM

A problem you may have is the needle falling off the spindle. It's pressed on.

Re: Dillon calipers - 05/31/21 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Craig S.
You should be able to loosen the setscrew that locks in the dial face and rotate the whole dial face until the needle is on zero again when fully closed. ( hopefully that makes sense ) Your zero may not be at the 12 o’clock position anymore but so long as the teeth werent damage and it returns to the same zero each time it shouldn’t affect the accuracy at all . just kind of annoying not having the zero on the top at the 12:00 posion if you have ADD about those things like i do lol.

Thanks!

Re: Dillon calipers - 05/31/21 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Do like Craig said. Then measure something of a known value... Like a bullet diameter... say .308 or similar, and see if it's correct.

Mike

Thanks
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Dillon calipers - 06/02/21 12:16 AM

There should be a small tool made from very thin shim stock that you can slip in between the dial gear and the rack it runs on. Use it to lift up the gear and move the whole jaw to jump a tooth or as many needed to get the needle to 12 O'Clock again. The little manual that came with it should have directions. It's real drag when this happens, and I always hated to use mine with the dial off set like that. Grrr!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums