Home

I'm not a hater . . . really

Posted By: Lazarus

I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 04:18 PM

But some things really drive me nuts.

Yesterday we celebrated Memorial Day . . . a Day . . . one Day . . . to honor, remember, reverence and pay tribute to all the men and women who served our country and particularly those who paid the ultimate price; those who made the ultimate sacrifice; those who gave away all of their yesterdays for our todays and tomorrows.

Today is the first Day . . . of 30 . . . to "celebrate LGBTA+ MONTH." Ya, an entire MONTH to celebrate all those that stand behind that acronym. I'm not a hater, really. If you want to celebrate your "lifestyle," the choice you've made how you want to live your life, knock your socks off (or hose, or nylons or whatever you're wearing). It just seems that the values of our country are a bit out of whack when we set aside one day to acknowledge true heroes but we give a MONTH to those who have elected to make a change in their gender.
Posted By: grumpa

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 04:21 PM

You hit the nail on the head! Couldn't agree more.
Posted By: hippie

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 04:26 PM

Crazy world, for sure.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 04:45 PM

You got that right
Posted By: Spade

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 05:07 PM

Couldn't agree more. One thing I don't understand, and I don't know when it started or how. Flying the U.S. flag at half mast was usually done for service people that gave the ultimate sacrifice, or high public officials who died. Now any Tom,Dick, or Harry gets the flag flown at half mast. Heck you can get shot going to a night club, and the goverment will drop the flag. WRONG
Posted By: adam m

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 05:46 PM

X2
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 05:50 PM

I agree , but I'm a bit more of a hater .......I don't want that BS up in my face every day all day
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 05:50 PM

Yep what a crock
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 06:02 PM

It's all done on purpose to bring down and change America. Now call me a conspiracy theorist. I can take it.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
It's all done on purpose to bring down and change America. Now call me a conspiracy theorist. I can take it.

Metoo

X2
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 08:31 PM

It has become a game today it’s like finding Waldo but find the woke message hidden in this TV commercial anymore, are they Sisters or a gay couple, or play is that a dude or not, if it was not such forced BS it might be funny why the 99% have to put up with the 1% being shoved in our face is beyond me.
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 10:18 PM

My calendar on my phone has today flagged as a holiday but when I click on today it says first day of LGBTQ+ month. sick not week month
Posted By: Mac

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 10:22 PM

Lazarus wrote: " It just seems that the values of our country are a bit out of whack when we set aside one day to acknowledge true heroes but we give a week to those who have elected to make a change in their gender."

I am not a hater either. I may not agrees with choices some make but if it does not directly affect me, I could give a hoot. I too believe our country is out of whack. Way out of whack.

Mac

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 10:23 PM

frown

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Trap Setter
My calendar on my phone has today flagged as a holiday but when I click on today it says first day of LGBTQ+ month. sick not week month

Thanks for pointing that out. I changed it. It's worse than I thought.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 10:30 PM

I’m just waiting for them to add another letter...or is that what the + sign is for.

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 10:39 PM

They add letters all the time . . . you know . . . to be more "inclusive." Just don't try to add "S."
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 10:53 PM

Yeah wow them weird O's should get no day in my opinion.

Comes to show how messed up this world is huh
Posted By: James

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 10:53 PM

I consider myself open-minded about those with a different sexual preference. There's still a lot of discrimination against them, and that's a shame.

One thing I don't understand is why so many of them feel compelled to announce their sexuality. There are quite a few homosexuals and lesbians in my MFA program. How do I know? Because they announce themselves.

I'm left to assume that the people who don't say anything about their sexuality--like me--are straight. My own attitude is why is it any of my business? Who wants to know?

Jim
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 11:04 PM

They’re like vegans...no one cares. But, they have to announce it every chance they get and if you aren’t one or don’t care then they get upset.
Posted By: Marty

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 11:07 PM

I hate all queers/gays/freaks equally.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by James
I consider myself open-minded about those with a different sexual preference. There's still a lot of discrimination against them, and that's a shame.

One thing I don't understand is why so many of them feel compelled to announce their sexuality. There are quite a few homosexuals and lesbians in my MFA program. How do I know? Because they announce themselves.

I'm left to assume that the people who don't say anything about their sexuality--like me--are straight. My own attitude is why is it any of my business? Who wants to know?

Jim

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
They’re like vegans...no one cares. But, they have to announce it every chance they get and if you aren’t one or don’t care then they get upset.

It's basically the same as "virtue signalling" fellas...

They have to feel validated so they let every single human they meet know how they live their lives... to seek validation.

Mike
Posted By: cmcf

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/01/21 11:44 PM

I guess I am a hater. I hate that corporate America feels they have to spend millions of dollars on ad campaigns to try and portray something is normal when it never was, is, or will be normal. I hate that I am forced to contribute to these campaigns in the form of the cost of these being factored into the price I have to pay unless I choose to buy generic everything. Until the normal makes itself heard in the market place and letters and e mails
and phone calls expressing the normal’s displeasure at having to finance the normalization of what is not normal the trend will continue.
I remember participating in a national rebuke of a national tv Channel when they dropped Duck Dynasty for comments that Phil made regarding his families faith. Whole lot of crawfishing went on real quick. Needs to happen on a regular basis. Corporate needs to be reminded who butters their bread.

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 01:36 AM

What's normal to you may not be to others.

You talk about what you hate. Life is too short to feel hate.

Jim
Posted By: mnsota

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 01:42 AM

Life is too short to let the left muck it up. wink
Posted By: cotton

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
I agree , but I'm a bit more of a hater .......I don't want that BS up in my face every day all day

x2
the Bible says to hate the sin and love the sinner, but they sure make it so a guy can't
Posted By: wetdog

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 01:56 AM

I'm a hater, I hate every single person who don't abid by the constitution, or try and change it to suit their way of thinking.
Yea I got HATE in my heart
And it's GROWING more everyday
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 02:05 AM

It’s an abomination before The Lord Thy God..
God destroyed sodom and Gomora because of it.
Bible says in the last days things will wax worse and worse
Guys weather you believe or not we are staring in the face
Get yourself ready, it’s coming one way or another.
And there is no stopping it.

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 02:17 AM

Your god is not everyone's god.

Jim

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 02:18 AM

Jim

James as usual you don’t get it. Normal isn’t about what I think or you think it’s about bell curves and numerical statistics and averages . If you have 97 zebras with the usual stripes and two solid white ones and one solid black one are you going to argue that the three are normal or the norm. Are you going to come up with some convoluted claim that the three solid colored ones think they are the norm. I don’t fall into the trap of feelings, it’s either the norm, normal, or it is by definition abnormal. I said nothing about right or wrong, that’s above my pay grade a long way. I simply stated and stand by my statement that I hate having to help pay for entire ad campaigns designed to normalize abnormal behavior.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by cmcf

Jim

James as usual you don’t get it. Normal isn’t about what I think or you think it’s about bell curves and numerical statistics and averages . If you have 97 zebras with the usual stripes and two solid white ones and one solid black one are you going to argue that the three are normal or the norm. Are you going to come up with some convoluted claim that the three solid colored ones think they are the norm. I don’t fall into the trap of feelings, it’s either the norm, normal, or it is by definition abnormal. I said nothing about right or wrong, that’s above my pay grade a long way. I simply stated and stand by my statement that I hate having to help pay for entire ad campaigns designed to normalize abnormal behavior.

Well said.

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 02:57 AM

For James TTT

Got a response counselor?
Posted By: Posco

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by grisseldog
It’s an abomination before The Lord Thy God..
God destroyed sodom and Gomora because of it.
Bible says in the last days things will wax worse and worse
Guys weather you believe or not we are staring in the face
Get yourself ready, it’s coming one way or another.
And there is no stopping it.

My pastor has been preaching through the book of Revelation for the past several weeks. Chapter 12. Bad times are coming this way.

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 02:59 AM

Jim

There’s only one true God
Jesus is Lord.

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by cmcf
For James TTT

Got a response counselor?

Sorry, my definition of normal doesn't depend on bell curves or percentages or statistics. Normal, when talking about human behavior, is whatever is natural. Like it or not, homosexuality is a natural part of human behavior for some individuals, just as it is for other mammals.

I believe you are born with an attraction to the same or the opposite sex. My parents didn't raise me that way--sex was a taboo in our household. But whether sexual preference is due to genetics, nurture in the womb, or your upbringing makes no difference. It is what it is.

I've talked about this subject with gay friends. They always end up saying, "Given the hostility of straight people, would you really choose to be gay?"

I would not. Would you?

Jim

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 03:47 AM

Jim

Jesus is Lord.

Yeah, I'm inclined to believe there is one God. But that doesn't mean Christians have got Him right,

Jim
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 03:50 AM

I've talked about this subject with gay friends. They always end up saying, "Given the hostility of straight people, would you really choose to be gay?"

I would not. Would you?

Jim

That's one of the silliest arguments I've heard. Given the hostility of the majority of Americans including other sportsmen against trappers, would you really choose to be a trapper?

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 04:06 AM

Not unless I was inclined to trap already.

Jim
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 04:24 AM

So you're born to trap and you can't not do it? It's not a choice you make? I think you might be confusing inclined and destined.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 04:40 AM

Jim

Jesus is Lord.

X2

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 04:56 AM

This is yet another example of normalizing James. Words mean something. Yet there are many in these days that want to change the definition. Gay used to mean happy & carefree. Now by your example of “the hostility of straight people “ . Gay now means unhappiness and persecution. And the norm, the vast majority of society is at falt??? I believe words mean something and I will not be coerced and cowed into acceptance of the rewrite.
You speak of Nature ( got to get that Capital in there ) well truth is , abnormal in nature doesn’t fair to well . Especially abnormalities that are counterproductive to reproduction. Kind of a dead end you see? So please don’t
cheapen your position by using examples of abnormalities in nature as “proof “ of normality. When one male dog mounts another male dog there is NOTHING sexual about it it is a demand to accept the dominance of the mounting dog by rolling onto his back by the submissive dog or an all out fight WILL occur. Sorry wrong again.
Now if you’re talking about WOLF EELS nature’s original transgender you might be onto something, wait no that’s no good either cause when they swap its to the opposite of the partner so you guessed it!! Fertilization can occur. It’s that nagging theme that just keeps on coming around PROCREATION !! That’s normal.

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 07:23 AM

Yes, Christians have the one and only God
Jesus is Lord and you will bow and confess that He is Lord one day.
Posted By: Goneinsixty

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 10:49 AM

Jim

There must be some sense of normal and we should be guided by that for the most part. Our country and man kind is suffering and declining because of all of these new norms,The family unit has been on a decline for many years and you can see the direct result of it. Our country was also founded on the principles of religion and God. The more we lose that the further down the path of destruction we will go.
Could you imagine what it would look like everyone did what was "normal" to them...our country would be a circus. Oh wait a minute, I think we may have reached that point.
Posted By: Scott Griess

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 11:52 AM

Would it not be politically correct to have a all straight month. Or would that hurt too many feelings. This world is getting totally ridiculous. Nobody cares if you’re gay or straight. I don’t believe being gay constitutes having a whole month as a holiday for being gay. Like I said nobody cares if you’re gay to each his or her or who or what you identify as own.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 11:54 AM

In a very simple statement, our land is; Worshipping the created more and the Creator less.

And it's not going as well as hoped by those worshipping the created.
And those worshipping the Creator sure wouldn't define much of it as being "good."

The fruits are evident. From both the flesh and the Spirit.
Fascinating battle.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 12:01 PM

If that happens, and I do bow down and admit that He is God, I'll appreciate the last-minute chance of being saved.

What's that, you say? It's too late to repent when you're at the Pearly Gates? If that's so, I'd have no incentive to bow down, would I?
No one, not even God, is going to make me kiss his arse for nothing. Free will, remember?

If I'm dammed anyway, I intend to face my fate as a free and honest man.

Jim
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 12:04 PM

If that happens, and I do bow down and admit that He is God, I'll appreciate the last-minute chance of being saved.

What's that, you say? It's too late to repent when you're at the Pearly Gates? If that's so, I'd have no incentive to bow down, would I?
No one, not even God, is going to make me kiss his arse for nothing. Free will, remember?

Jim

Again, your village called. They're looking for you.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 12:21 PM

Jim

I'm sorry you lack true understanding.
You will bow despite your bostering. You may not thinks so now and truly believe you won't but that because you're basing that off your limited earthly view and understanding.

When you meet God or are even in a fraction of percent of his glory you will be overcome bow and repent despite what you believe now.
Posted By: hippie

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
I do not hate homosexuals or the ABC's. I honestly feel sorry for them. In honest interview with homos I have seen several state if they could take a pill or do something to change the way they think, they would. This tells me they know they are wrong but can't help themselves.

In all honesty, I see homosexuality or ABC, for the most part, as a glandular/hormonal genetic defect. Similar to schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or any other genetic defect caused by a hormonal imbalance.

All organisms have two basic functions. Survive and reproduce. If any organism cannot reproduce, those genetics disappear from the planet.

I say for the most part because there are also lots of endocrine disrupters in our water and food that can have large varying degrees of reactions on different people.

" if any organism cannot reproduce, those genetics disappear from the planet"

That's why they are teaching it to children now. I'm not sure of their end game, but there's something wrong with the whole "teaching" it part.
Posted By: Posco

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/02/21 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
I do hate Big tech and Big media. I sincerely, SINCERELY, look forward to their demise one way or the other. If I can help play a role in it, I would do it gleefully and with extreme prejudice with a smile on my face.

It is near rage.

Judas Iscariot was more loyal to his cause than our media to its. I understand your rage.

Re: I'm not a hater . . . really - 06/03/21 03:50 AM

James
There is a lot of people that agree with you
Bible says even when boulders are falling on them that they will curse God.
When you reach the Great White Throne Judgement, it’s to late, Jesus will say that He never knew you
And cast you into lake of fire, you will be trembling, crying and begging for mercy, but it will be to late for you.
Don’t wait to that point, ask for forgiveness now,confess and repent of your sins while you still can.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums