Home

My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife

Posted By: Trapper7

My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 04:24 PM

On our lake you can take one walleye between 21"-23". My neighbor and his wife went out fishing the other evening. His wife caught a walleye that measured 22 3/4", a nice keeper. She was pretty excited about it. So, when they came into shore her husband wanted to take her picture with the fish. She said no way was he taking her picture with her hair all a mess and her dirty fishing clothes on.

She said he should leave the fish on the stringer tied to the dock until morning. In the morning she would take a shower, wash and comb her hair, and put on some "decent" clothes.

He said, "OK".

Morning came and she was ready to take her photo. Her husband went down to the dock to retrieve the nice walleye only to find the only thing remaining on the stringer was the walleye's head.

He told me the story and asked what could have done this?

I told him his walleye was most likely visited by some otter. I'm sure the otter were appreciative of the fine walleye dinner he left them. smile
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 04:27 PM

Around here I would say turtles.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 04:30 PM

Good chance a snapper. There sure are a lot of giants in that lake. Too bad,she finally hit the coveted 2 inch holy grail only to surrender it back! mad
Posted By: hippie

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 04:32 PM

Funny, but probably not to them.

I have a customer that's kind of a neighbor, just down the road a little, that his wife HAS to spend at least an hour to "put her face on" as I call it. Make-up galore and not one single hair out of place. She is pretty, but I'd go nuts waiting to leave the house with someone like that.

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 04:44 PM

I haven't seen any snappers in our sheltered harbor this year, but the banks are lousy with otter puke & poop.
You are right about hitting the holy grail and looking forward to a walleye dinner for just the two of them. mad
Posted By: run

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 05:09 PM

Interesting story.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 05:18 PM

Definitely crawdads, lol.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 05:24 PM

Not what I was expecting from the title.
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
On our lake you can take one walleye between 21"-23". My neighbor and his wife went out fishing the other evening. His wife caught a walleye that measured 22 3/4", a nice keeper. She was pretty excited about it. So, when they came into shore her husband wanted to take her picture with the fish. She said no way was he taking her picture with her hair all a mess and her dirty fishing clothes on.

She said he should leave the fish on the stringer tied to the dock until morning. In the morning she would take a shower, wash and comb her hair, and put on some "decent" clothes.

He said, "OK".

Morning came and she was ready to take her photo. Her husband went down to the dock to retrieve the nice walleye only to find the only thing remaining on the stringer was the walleye's head.

He told me the story and asked what could have done this?

I told him his walleye was most likely visited by some otter. I'm sure the otter were appreciative of the fine walleye dinner he left them. smile

How did it taste?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker
Not what I was expecting from the title.

Yep...I was askeered to open this one.
I've seen snappers do that to a string of catfish left on a stringer. Even a bankline.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 06:46 PM

Put a hook in the head and see what you catch, snapper would be my guess lost fish like that before.
Posted By: Marty

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 06:57 PM

What walleye?

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Put a hook in the head and see what you catch, snapper would be my guess lost fish like that before.

You could be right, but with all the otter sign on the shore, that would be my first guess. The other thing is the water temp is barely above 50 degrees. Pretty cold yet for snappers to be on the move much. I would hate to put a hook in the fish head and catch an otter. Unhooking an otter might be touchy. eek
Posted By: 7887mm08

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 08:10 PM

Bigfoot!
Posted By: Kre

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 08:23 PM

Just admit it...You stole her walleye! whistle
Posted By: TC1

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 08:24 PM

X2 was hoping for some “uplifting” pics wink
Posted By: walleye101

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by TC1
X2 was hoping for some “uplifting” pics wink

That was a bit of a let down after the title.

How's that Mille Lacs recovery coming along, Trapper7?
Posted By: bblwi

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 10:00 PM

Keeping a dead fish on a stringer for a day makes even less sense then worrying about how one's hair looks! Snapper would be the more likely suspect here too.

Bryce
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/02/21 10:07 PM

Had a snapper do that very thing to a pike on a stringer!!!
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/03/21 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
Keeping a dead fish on a stringer for a day makes even less sense then worrying about how one's hair looks! Snapper would be the more likely suspect here too.

Bryce

Unless I missed it...where'd he say the fish was dead ?
Posted By: Boco

Re: My Neighbor At The Lake's Wife - 06/03/21 01:31 AM

You ate it and told him it was an otter.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums