Home

Bama folks

Posted By: Wanna Be

Bama folks - 06/03/21 02:38 AM

Is Hwy 80 between I65 and I20 4 lane or 2 lane? Looking at our route to Texas and that’s the only stretch in question.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Bama folks - 06/03/21 02:57 AM

It's been years since I run that road but if memory serves Montgomery to Selma yes I think it doesn't drop to a two lane until Uniontown and stays two lane the rest of the way. You'll slow down in Selma, Uniontown and Demopolis but the two lanes are good roads and you can make good time on them. Of course some of this may have changed.

Re: Bama folks - 06/03/21 02:59 AM

Thanks.

Re: Bama folks - 06/03/21 03:04 AM

If you're going that route may I suggest a detour for lunch. Hang a left at Demopolis onto 43 south to Linden then a right on 69 to 10. Right on 10 cross the tombigbee bridge at Lavaca then take the very next right at the bridge for Ezell's Fish House for the best catfish you'll ever eat.

Seriously, if my travels take me anywhere within an hour I'm pointing the truck in that direction.

This is the original not that trash joint in Columbus that goes by the same name.

Re: Bama folks - 06/03/21 08:24 PM

Gotcha, May check that out. Thanks!
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Bama folks - 06/03/21 09:20 PM

Better call ahead . Could have closed during pandemic. TONS of roadside catfish houses are gone unfortunately.

Re: Bama folks - 06/03/21 11:43 PM

None down here closed down...thank God! They refused to shut down and we never refused to keep going.

Re: Bama folks - 06/04/21 12:05 AM

https://www.facebook.com/ezells.f.camp/
Posted By: run

Re: Bama folks - 06/04/21 02:22 AM

A lot of the locally owned restaurants have gone out of business here in Virginia. If your favorite eatery is still in business, I am quite happy for you.

Re: Bama folks - 06/04/21 03:20 AM

In the free south we didn't lock down to the degree the occupied north did. As a result we have not lost as many businesses.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums