Think he got the boot a few years ago
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/03/21 11:39 PM

I'll be the Huckleberry.

Why did he get the boot?
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/03/21 11:46 PM

From 14 Feb 2018

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6157720/Fellow_Trapper_Could_Use_Our_H
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 12:15 AM

Well I doubt that got him the boot. LLL
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
I'll be the Huckleberry.

Why did he get the boot?

He didn't follow through on deals in the Trap Shed. This is what is in his registration as an explanation to him why he was banned. This was years before the kidney transplant.

Dale I told you I needed a response and you chose to ignore it. You have two bad deals here and can't bother to make them right or respond. Don't need that here.
Posted By: nimzy

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 12:48 AM

And aspires to by an auctioneer
Posted By: IowaTrapper

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by nimzy
And aspires to by an auctioneer

I don't think he aspires to be anything more then a guy trying to come up with a plan to help give trappers another outlet. That's why he's asked for ideas and input so we can all work things out together.

I'm starting to see why I got off this site a few years ago..
Posted By: possum63

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 03:08 AM

Sometimes people have things in life that throw them a curve ball. I'm curious as to what the meaning of this thread is?

Kinda like IowaTrapper, I've been a member here for some years. Never say much, not have I followed it much. I too am starting to remember why.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 03:17 AM

If the guy screwed people on the trap shed I doubt I would send any fur to his auction house.

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 03:21 AM

It's not his auction house, he's trying to get people interested and push it forward, get ideas, find people to be involved, throw out ideas, he's not wanting it to be "his" auction, more like "the peoples", you know, kind of like our country use to be.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper
Is he a member of T-man? LLL

Are you a member of ITT?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by IowaTrapper
It's not his auction house, he's trying to get people interested and push it forward, get ideas, find people to be involved, throw out ideas, he's not wanting it to be "his" auction, more like "the peoples", you know, kind of like our country use to be.

Fair enough.I dont know the guy from a hole in the ground and people have been known to change/learn from mistakes.
Just stated my opinion as per the info on this thread.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 03:50 AM

... get on out of here Boco and stitch you up some frost scraped fur lined Eskimo britches or something lol
Posted By: Minklongliner

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by CTRAPS

Are you a member of ITT?

No he not he got banned he (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) off alot of people

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 03:57 AM

Hmmm. OK, thanks! grin

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by CTRAPS

Are you a member of ITT?

No. No I am not. Although some do not like my opinions I have never once been accused of anything immoral or unethical nor illegal. I do not think I am actually the question here but thank you for letting me clear that up.

My opinions of a man who said he was something but turned out to be far from that and the wool he pulled over many people's eyes got me banned. I wear it as a badge of honor. I was told by many that I was right all along on that one. Pay attention. I am trying to help. LLL

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 11:14 AM

Oh and I hurt some feelings by giving my opinion. Really sorry for that. crazy LLL

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 12:18 PM

Oh and I hurt some feelings by giving my opinion. Really sorry for that. crazy LLL

Thanks for your explanation as to why you got the boot on ITT. I just wanted to know if you were a member on that site, because I don't recall you posting on there since I had became a member there.

I think its great that Dale Billingsley and others, are willing to at least try to do something that has the potential to help all trappers. It seems that no matter what someone wants to do or say, there will be others that want to malign, ridicule or backstab that person, for what ever real or imagined reason "their opinion" is.

Most all of us have opinions, some are better taken with a grain of salt.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/04/21 01:37 PM

I've considered Dale to be a friend of mine for quite a number of year's and we visit over the phone from time to time and I feel he makes some darn good lure even if I rarely ever use lure anymore because I set more snares than traps.

If you have concerns about dealing with him do so face to face so you have the lure or product in hand when you turn and walk away isn't that simple .

I also miss seeing George, Mary and Karen from down in Iowa also .
Allan

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/05/21 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

Fair enough.I dont know the guy from a hole in the ground and people have been known to change/learn from mistakes.
Just stated my opinion as per the info on this thread.

Yea entrust someone with your fur with a not so stellar reputation and even less interested in correcting a problem.

Pretty simple decision IMO. Can’t even defend himself on here because irresponsible behavior gotten him banned. Thanks for the heads up LL. In these desperate times
Posted By: Joe1

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/05/21 01:05 PM

im interested in someone that has a need for furs that wants to buy them direct from me or some one that is buying for companys willing to pay good money for furs not another place you hope you will get something for them think i will go hunting and fishing and find other ways to spend my money rather than work and give it to some one else at my expense
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/05/21 02:08 PM

I've done business with Dale plenty of times. Never had a problem.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/05/21 03:09 PM

Used to be threads got axed for bad mouthing people who aren't on here to defend themselves.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/05/21 03:59 PM

I never axed a thread where someone on here got cheated in the Trap Shed forum, whether it was about a member or not.
Posted By: possum63

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/05/21 04:28 PM

I'm just glad everyone here are angels.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/05/21 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by possum63

grin
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/05/21 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by possum63

Thanks

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/05/21 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Used to be threads got axed for bad mouthing people who aren't on here to defend themselves.

I know another place that this behavior happens all the time. The moderator thinks I don't see it for some reason but he is wrong again. LLL

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/05/21 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Joe1
im interested in someone that has a need for furs that wants to buy them direct from me or some one that is buying for companys willing to pay good money for furs not another place you hope you will get something for them think i will go hunting and fishing and find other ways to spend my money rather than work and give it to some one else at my expense

After the last two auctions played their hand I chose this approach as well. We will have to see what happens. I would like to see an American Auction but I think the best shot might be a State Association sale. LLL

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 01:01 AM

I believe this could also be something dale was thinking as a possibility, try to find away to really expand a state auction, make it almost as big as an auction house sale, this would definitely alot more volunteers, as well as some professional graders, and the commission would go to the the state association, or nta, whatever it may be. There are options here everybody I know dale is willing to take ideas ans suggestions.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 01:07 AM

First fur auction I ever attended was in Montgomery, Al. It was packed wall to wall with fur, so much in fact wasn't enough buyer's for it all. It was a Tri State Auction, Al. Fl. and Ga. combined force's to put it on. Granted we were still in the fur boom but it's an idea that's been around and might be of interest to those today tossing idea's around about how to better market our product.

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 01:10 AM

I believe this could also be something dale was thinking as a possibility, try to find away to really expand a state auction, make it almost as big as an auction house sale, this would definitely alot more volunteers, as well as some professional graders, and the commission would go to the the state association, or nta, whatever it may be. There are options here everybody I know dale is willing to take ideas ans suggestions.

I would support such an adventure. I know we all would like to find better ways to market fur. Sure not knocking Dale's idea. LLL

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 01:13 AM

Did you draw an international crowd? 90% of fur is consumed out of the US.

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by nimzy
Did you draw an international crowd? 90% of fur is consumed out of the US.

I know several of the IA buyers have foreign contracts and have buyers from Italy and Greece as well as China. Nimzy do you remember the day that you could call your local furbuyer a couple weeks before season and he could tell you what he could pay when the season started. I sure miss those days. Auctions really meant nothing in those days. LLL

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 01:57 AM

Yes times have changed. However many of those local buyers we’re using auctions before they became mainstream. Our goal should b to b as close to manufacturers as possible. In today’s world that may be Groeny.

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
First fur auction I ever attended was in Montgomery, Al. It was packed wall to wall with fur, so much in fact wasn't enough buyer's for it all. It was a Tri State Auction, Al. Fl. and Ga. combined force's to put it on. Granted we were still in the fur boom but it's an idea that's been around and might be of interest to those today tossing idea's around about how to better market our product.

That is a great idea, several state associations combined may be the ticket! Thanks for the idea.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 10:25 AM

The local trappers groups have great auctions, not sure if they have resources to expand.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
........, so much in fact wasn't enough buyer's for it all.

This will be the biggest challenge in pulling off a successful large auction. It would be a huge leap from a volunteer run state sale with individual trapper lots, to an event with graded/intersorted lots large enough to attract international buyers.

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 12:50 PM

iowa trapper have you been in contact with any big buyers do you even know any big buyers or are just hoping they will show up to give you more than any where they can buy now if you know some they could tell you what they wanted for them to come and how to set it up

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 12:52 PM

iowa trapper have you been in contact with any big buyers do you even know any big buyers or are just hoping they will show up to give you more than any where they can buy now if you know some they could tell you what they wanted for them to come and how to set it up

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Joe1

I've been in contact with several large u.s. buyers, but I knoe they are still just the middle guy. There is still alot to figure out yet for sure.

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 03:19 PM

Getting a good sale pulled off will require a lot of fur to attract foreign buyers. If you rely on just American buyers you will be in the same stew we are in now. I have been to international auctions and when these people buy they buy a bunch of fur at a time. You would need some good graders also. Ranch fur brings the buyers too although most trappers don’t like ranch fur.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 03:25 PM

By the time an American Auction can be organized and operational the COVID nonsense will be over. Maybe this would be a better business opportunity.

Welcome to North American Fur Auctions Inc. (NAFA). NAFA is the world’s oldest fur auction house, headquartered in Toronto, Canada. The Company’s trading activities date back to the foundation of the Hudson’s Bay Company (HBC) in 1670.

NAFA’s mission is to be the premium seller and cost-efficient consignor service provider of the highest quality and broadest selection of fur pelts globally.

NAFA is currently accepting expressions of interest to discuss a possible equity investment in or sale of its business. For more information, please go to www.nafa2021.ca
Posted By: K52

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 03:35 PM

NAFA still owes me money for fur they sold but won't pay, and who made off with the WFSC money? Go to the above link and see Nafa ese at it's height, talking about what a respected name it is in the industry and how people would love to ship them more fur. Maybe Coonman, but anybody from the US that would send them fur is nuts, as foreigners we have no recourse if they decide not to pay for your fur as has been shown. I for one would be very willing to try an new American outlet for our fur.

Re: Dale Billingsley - 06/06/21 04:14 PM

Ya I owned 10k shares of charter communications b4,they went belly up and restructured. On all outside appearances they never skipped a beat. Still ain’t found my (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). Just sayin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums