Home

Western NTA Glenns Ferry

Posted By: Idahotrapguy

Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/06/21 02:14 PM

Who’s going next weekend? The amount of calls I’m getting from tailgaters is crazy. Going be a ton of people there. Great vendors, great demos, a lot of collector traps. Don’t miss it
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/06/21 02:46 PM

Can't wait see you there, great line up of demo's.
Thank you Idaho trapper's and n.t.a. for making this happen.
Posted By: shayes11

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/07/21 05:06 AM

I'll be there, driving down from the panhandle Thursday. Can't wait! Thanks for all you do Rusty.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/07/21 10:36 AM

wish I was frown
Posted By: Gary Cromp

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/08/21 02:19 AM

Planning on heading that way in the morning.
Posted By: Randy Shuff

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/08/21 12:49 PM

Will be there with my beaver tail items. My wife, daughter and son in law also. Looking forward to a good time. I will have Gulo's knives and books also. Will be there Thursday.
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/08/21 11:46 PM

Ive had cancel at the last minute. Was Really looking forward to meeting you Rusty. Thankyou for all you do!!!!!
Posted By: Machias

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/10/21 08:22 PM

I'll be there, leaving shortly!
Posted By: ScottPhillips

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/13/21 12:48 PM

Good convention not sure how many were there. I got to see a lot of guys I haven't seen in a long time, it was good to catch up. Rusty, NTA and crew did a great job!!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/13/21 09:29 PM

Seems strange there aren’t any other posts or pictures or anything about the western NTA. Must not have internet service in that part of Idaho…..

Hopefully there will be lots of pictures and stories, once every one gets home and recovered.
Posted By: Machias

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/13/21 09:43 PM

It was awesome, well run Rusty and crew!! Thank you all!!!! Great demos and got to meet and hang out with some outstanding trappers!!!!

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/13/21 10:50 PM

Just got home from the western, a few pictures. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/13/21 10:57 PM

Thank you n.t.a. and Idaho trapper's association
Well done [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/13/21 11:35 PM

More tailgater's than I've ever seen at a Western. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/13/21 11:40 PM

1 day of much needed rain, but other than that great weather. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/14/21 12:00 AM

And best of all the auction and feed on Friday night.
And of course of got a collector item. [Linked Image]
A 114 new house and jc Conner drag along with a good story.
From Andy Weiser donated to N.T.A. Western
And of course I paid well for it, but honored to help.

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/14/21 12:06 AM

Ooops and got a knife that Gulo makes, from the trapper man Beaver tail wallet maker Randy. [Linked Image]
Now my Gulo knife collection is complete.
Thanks Gulo you make awesome knife's.
Posted By: Jumperzee

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/14/21 12:16 AM

Thanks for the pics Beartooth! Yes, it was a great turnout and some excellent demos. Got to meet lots of folks, so many that it took two days to catch up with folks I knew were there. Hardly got any pics. Tons of tailgaters like Beartooth said. I'd say the grounds were as full as they could have been with campers and vehicles.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/14/21 12:23 AM

Tenbands (TB) won the FBU rifle.
[Linked Image]
Dan Helterline
[Linked Image]
Mercer Lawing
[Linked Image]

Not one, but TWO water areas!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/14/21 12:26 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 10bands

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/14/21 05:43 AM

Yeah that was pretty nice. I've been donating money to good things for some years now through raffles and this time I got something back. Extra cool that it was an FBU prize donated by Trapperman.com.

My favorite part of this convention started a month ago when I began helping a friend of a friend with a beaver problem. Turns out the guy has been a life long wannabe trapper. Just never knew anyone who could teach him and didn't know where to start. After helping correct the problem he was having with his ponds and showing him how I did it I invited him to come to the convention. He showed up with his family and we got him set up with his own beaver gear. I told him that he could put his two new TS 85s in his car if he wanted while we looked at 330s and such. He said no I'd like to carry them around. He didn't want to put them down. His two sons, wife and father were with him and were all excited about the whole thing. I got lucky and found a mentor when I was 13 now I get to help someone else.

By the way, my biggest beaver ever come off his property. 67 pounds.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 10bands

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/14/21 06:16 AM

Another thing. I need to say thanks to the vendors that came a looooong way to be here. I got a bunch of stuff I needed and didn't have to pay shipping. Funke Trap tags and Supplies from Iowa. Lesel Reuwsaat Baits and Lures from South Dakota, Top Lot Stretchers from Minnesota, Southern Snares all the way from Georgia. shocked Kendall Obermier nobslures.com from Iowa. Also several others that are more regional. John Wilson, Randy Schuff, George Kortum, Moyles Mink and Tannery, etc. Excellent tailgaters too, especially the guy that sold me a 1970s Thompson Center Hawken .50 Kit still in the box for a crazy good price. cool
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Western NTA Glenns Ferry - 06/14/21 10:49 AM

looks like a great time, thanks for sharing
© 2024 Trapperman Forums