Home

Where look boots online

Posted By: coonman220

Where look boots online - 06/06/21 04:19 PM

Anyone know any good places look hipboots online ? Been watch 2 farm supply stores weekly for longvtime to see hipboots on sale but never, these are kinda cheapy mid grade boots , not look for real expensive heavy insulated pr
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Where look boots online - 06/06/21 04:26 PM

Lacrosse footwear-sign up for emails get free shipping.They have 25 0/0 off twice a year.Black Friday and during summer should be coming up.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Where look boots online - 06/06/21 04:37 PM

Waders.com I buy the cheap ones not like they last that long. $50 for my spring rat waders they worked fine for me.

Re: Where look boots online - 06/06/21 05:38 PM

I ended up putting felt liners in these to snug them up in the mud they were a 1/2 size bigger then I wear but got me through rat season.
[Linked Image]

Re: Where look boots online - 06/06/21 07:08 PM

Those are pvc uppers , might be ok for spring rat trapping but l I don't want them for any kind trapping, pvc upper is real thin flimsy stuff, lot places gone that, used be able get proline with sponge rubber ins an all rubber boots for $45 at farm fleet, both thiesens an farm fleet, no longer get them, farm fleet has clearance on rubber no ins frogg toggs, contour tight to feet, for $59.95, I got pr last summer for $49.95, there ok for when not cold but I don't like frogg toggs an way molded tight to feet
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Where look boots online - 06/06/21 07:25 PM

Get another pair of Dans

Re: Where look boots online - 06/06/21 07:35 PM

Buy them bigger find some thick socket then.

Re: Where look boots online - 06/06/21 08:40 PM

If u buy a bigger pair, they wear out much quicker was reading an from experience it true , I wear 11, a 12 is not good, to much slop anyhow, I still got Dan's, hang up an armor all rubber in cool place as find house, cellar, those are for colder weather, I wear cheapys when land an water both combined, legs get wet tall ditch grass dew, seems like cheapys or expensive an no more mid grade
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Where look boots online - 06/06/21 09:46 PM

Have you ever considered buying a better quality pair of boots that aren't insulated? They would probably last longer than continually buying the cheaper brand of boots. In the long run, you would save money.

Re: Where look boots online - 06/06/21 11:06 PM

Well some insulation would be nice
Posted By: Savell

Re: Where look boots online - 06/06/21 11:08 PM

... I’m with you coonman... these hands don’t know nothing about hip boots
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Where look boots online - 06/07/21 12:01 AM

Cabelas and bass pro are all I ever find when I search online. They probably sell all of my info to Google and yahoo to win such favor
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: Where look boots online - 06/07/21 12:16 AM

try hisea.com and tidewe.com. Maybe something there that'd work for you.
Posted By: possum63

Re: Where look boots online - 06/07/21 12:19 AM

Take Friday off and come to Spencer next month to the NTA and shop for waders. Forget online shopping.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Where look boots online - 06/07/21 01:29 AM

Those Proline boots ,leak right out of box...no good stay away

Re: Where look boots online - 06/07/21 01:37 AM

Proline are no longer made, those good mid price boots, rubber made
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Where look boots online - 06/07/21 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Proline are no longer made, those good mid price boots, rubber made

That’s good...Cuz they were a waste of money...and poor quality control
Posted By: GRP

Re: Where look boots online - 06/07/21 02:04 AM

Last time you asked, I recommended Lacrosse big chief hip boots. I stand by that still. I bought mine right before I lost a good friend to cancer in 2013. Still got them, going good. I store mine in the offseason indoors, stuffed with newspaper so they don't flatten and crease. I know they're pricey at $170, but you save money. These boots have cost me about $20 per year.
Posted By: Ole

Re: Where look boots online - 06/07/21 03:04 AM

Lacrosse Trappers hip boot has been great for me for 5 plus years.

Re: Where look boots online - 06/07/21 03:54 AM

Look at boots online other lacrosse, not lot options beside frogg toggs an maybe 2 other real cheap ones that u don't wanna get , thisens farm store has camo 3 ply boot for $90, but not rubber construction, I think polyster, not good , all rubber is best
Posted By: run

Re: Where look boots online - 06/07/21 11:44 AM

Go to the shoe box in black earth, Wisconsin. I think the Colorado would do great on a longer trip. They are open to 7 pm. during the work week.
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Where look boots online - 06/07/21 11:35 PM

Round here is seasonal.. you won't see them on sale for a while is my guess.

Just go straight shorts, who needs waders.. when those beavers and muskrats see those white legs you'll have to fight them off with a stick.

Re: Where look boots online - 06/08/21 03:22 AM

Black earth, is that in rugged hill wooded country that is west Madison, ? Indian area ?
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Where look boots online - 06/08/21 03:29 AM

I like the Acton Prairie, or Prairie Acton, not sure which way I would search that, but you could order off of Amazon I believe. They come with a 60 below wool felt liner. Very comfortable. I plan on getting a set of Dan's, in my size 11, in Lacrosse uninsulated Grange boots, as those boots will last...10 years I suppose. Maybe not if I wore them everyday trapping. The soles will wear off that boot before it will leak. Ankle tight fit.

Re: Where look boots online - 06/08/21 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Black earth, is that in rugged hill wooded country that is west Madison, ? Indian area ?

Yes.

Re: Where look boots online - 06/08/21 10:16 AM

The shoe box is right beside highway 14. I think you will like it.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Where look boots online - 06/08/21 10:56 AM

Lacrosse trapline boots is what I use. At worst, I’ve gotten 3 years out of them. I’ve had pairs for 5 years. I use them for land trapping pretty regular. They aren’t cheap but at the rate some people buy boots it’s cheaper in the long run to buy a good pair.

Re: Where look boots online - 06/08/21 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by USMC47
Lacrosse trapline boots is what I use. At worst, I’ve gotten 3 years out of them. I’ve had pairs for 5 years. I use them for land trapping pretty regular. They aren’t cheap but at the rate some people buy boots it’s cheaper in the long run to buy a good pair.

I agree. I have a non-insulated pair and an insulated pair of lacrosse trapline boots. I wear than all trapping season, summer fishing, and summer nusiance work. Both land and water trapping. I average 3 years out of them. The key is to not leave them folded up in the corner. Mine hang on the boot dryer when not in use.

I have a pair of Dan's also. I'm not a huge fan. They hold to much water and seem to seep.

I've been reading your posts about boots on 2 different sites for 3-4 years Dave. I honestly can't understand how you go threw a pair every season. From what I've read I don't think you are much harder on boots than I am. Do yourself a favor and spend the money and buy good boots.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Where look boots online - 06/08/21 11:43 AM

Click on" Minnesota Trapline Products" at the top of the page. smile

Re: Where look boots online - 06/08/21 11:52 AM

[Linked Image]

Upstate is right Dave. All you need for boots right here. The work and shopping is over. You just need to order them

Re: Where look boots online - 06/08/21 02:08 PM

I have cheap pair unfolded but lay flat down, is that ok ?

Re: Where look boots online - 06/08/21 02:39 PM

Folding will get you crease cracks keep away from electric motors also they say it breaks down rubber over time.
Posted By: mudtracker

Re: Where look boots online - 06/08/21 04:23 PM

Lacrosse outriggers for me
Posted By: VictorD

Re: Where look boots online - 06/08/21 07:13 PM

eBay. I buy a good pair on there. Then a few real cheap ones for kicking around in my pond. I found PVC lined camo waders for $29. I bought 4 pairs. They hold up OK as long as you don't hit briars.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums