Home

They nailed a bad guy > no joke

Posted By: rags57078

They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:12 AM

A Miami man with alleged gang ties has been indicted after being found with a cache of firearms, including two pistols that had been converted into machine guns, federal authorities said Monday.

Ty’ree Dixon, 22, was approached by law enforcement officers on May 17 during an investigation into gang-related crime and fraud, the Justice Department said. Prosecutors said he has ties to the "Bloods" gang and the local "77 Street" gang.

During the encounter, the officers discovered he was allegedly armed with a Glock 20 and a 10mm. semi-automatic handgun with an extended magazine.

During a search of his home, a large amount of ammunition was discovered along with three Glock semi-automatic pistols, a Century Arms International AK-style pistol and two pistols that had been converted into machine guns using "switch" devices, prosecutors said.

The "switch" devices allow handguns to fire multiple rounds with each pull of the trigger, making the weapon fully automatic, authorities said.

Dixon was initially charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm. On May 21, a federal judge ordered him held without bond pending his trial.

On June 1, a federal grand jury indicted Dixon on two counts each of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition and illegally possessing a machine gun.

He is scheduled to be arraigned in federal court on June 16. He faces up to 40 years in federal prison.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-gang-member-found-cache-221131747.html
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:18 AM

Maybe he's a collector
Posted By: Boco

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:20 AM

Trampled all over his second amendment rights.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

Felons lost their 2nd Amendment rights when they became felons.

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:26 AM

Thats it all right-pass a law-make you a felon and take your so called rights.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:33 AM

Down here you have to “earn” the title of felon. I’m 53 and somehow still haven’t earned it so it must be hard to acquire.

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Down here you have to “earn” the title of felon. I’m 53 and somehow still haven’t earned it so it must be hard to acquire.

I thought they did that with bumpstocks?March 26 2019?
Posted By: SJA

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:37 AM

All the charges don't mean jack until he's prosecuted, held accountable, and sentenced to full extent of the Law. . . . which in today's World is unlikely. :-(
Posted By: warrior

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:37 AM

Not really, you just haven't (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) off the right people yet. Seriously, the US has more opportunities to acquire that title than any other nation on the planet.
Posted By: adam m

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 01:22 AM

What's a large amount of ammunition?
Posted By: white marlin

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 01:33 AM

where do YOUR rights to own firearms reside?

are you insinuating that felons in Canada still have those rights?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 01:42 AM

If somebody is so dangerous they can't have their civil rights, why are they released from prison or the mental hospital?

Now this could be a real bad guy. I have no clue. Dont know him. We all do know how the media twists things up. Anyway in my mind the lose your rights over a felony like pushing a cop away from you, or to many seat belt tickets or whatever, is wrong in all kinds of ways. Makes sense to me to keep dangerous people in cages. A dangerous person isnt hurting anyone when he/she is caged. Turn them loose and more laws wont stop them.

Politicians are well aware that laws wont stop them. So whats the real reason that even a misdemeanor can now strip you of your rights according to politicians?
Posted By: waggler

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin

where do YOUR rights to own firearms reside?

are you insinuating that felons in Canada still have those rights?

Unfortunately Canadians don't have "Rights" they just have privileges bestowed upon them by the Crown. Privileges can be withdrawn, rights can't be withdrawn since they are bestowed by God.

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 01:44 AM

P.S. Kansas gave released felons a horse, a gun and ten dollars in the late 1800's.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 02:16 AM

I'm guessing he was a fine Scandinavian fella? whistle

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 02:26 AM

Unfortunately Canadians don't have "Rights" they just have privileges bestowed upon them by the Crown. Privileges can be withdrawn, rights can't be withdrawn since they are bestowed by God.
[/quote]

You're living in dreamland.Your so called "right" is obviously no different than our priviledge.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 02:46 AM

Thats it all right-pass a law-make you a felon and take your so called rights.

Or you could just be Canadian.
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 03:19 AM

Our right is if you are a law bidding citizen and comply with the rules you are good to go 😊
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 03:39 AM

I know one person who earned a felony fishing for a living, and another for getting in a bar fight (unarmed), so it's not too terrible hard to "earn" one.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 04:56 AM

Ty’ree was not an downtrodden civilian. He was a 22 year old black man that had been in and out of prison since he was 17.

Boco I really don’t understand your animosity towards U.S. BILL OF RIGHTS ? Serious question, why? Ty’ree didn’t have some made up laws fabricated for him to break so he would loose his 2nd Amendment rights.
He is a hardcore ( based on his prison record) gang affiliated gun runner that needs to be incarcerated till he is a grey haired old man.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
If somebody is so dangerous they can't have their civil rights, why are they released from prison or the mental hospital?

Now this could be a real bad guy. I have no clue. Dont know him. We all do know how the media twists things up. Anyway in my mind the lose your rights over a felony like pushing a cop away from you, or to many seat belt tickets or whatever, is wrong in all kinds of ways. Makes sense to me to keep dangerous people in cages. A dangerous person isnt hurting anyone when he/she is caged. Turn them loose and more laws wont stop them.

Politicians are well aware that laws wont stop them. So whats the real reason that even a misdemeanor can now strip you of your rights according to politicians?

Yup
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:13 PM

How many full autos can a guy have in Canada, can he just make his own then? LOL
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:20 PM

You're living in dreamland.Your so called "right" is obviously no different than our priviledge.[/quote]
Hahahaaa,,,keep telling yourselfe that Bozo. By the way,,did your little Man Queen let those citizen travelers out of "Quarentine" yet? grin
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:39 PM

They caught that bottom feeder out in Cali that shot that kid in traffic a week or so ago so it’s a good month so far.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
They caught that bottom feeder out in Cali that shot that kid in traffic a week or so ago so it’s a good month so far.

Saw that on the news this morning.He looks like a Charlie Manson lookin maggot.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 01:23 PM

"Armed with a Glock 20 and a 10mm with extended magazine" Uh a Glock 20 is a 10mm??

Play on words maybe???
Posted By: Dan Barnhurst

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 01:35 PM

He's a gangbanger with a serious record and illegal automatic weapons. You think he's just a collector or using them for sporting purposes?
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by rags57078
A Miami man with alleged gang ties has been indicted after being found with a cache of firearms, including two pistols that had been converted into machine guns, federal authorities said Monday.

Ty’ree Dixon, 22, was approached by law enforcement officers on May 17 during an investigation into gang-related crime and fraud, the Justice Department said. Prosecutors said he has ties to the "Bloods" gang and the local "77 Street" gang.

During the encounter, the officers discovered he was allegedly armed with a Glock 20 and a 10mm. semi-automatic handgun with an extended magazine.

During a search of his home, a large amount of ammunition was discovered along with three Glock semi-automatic pistols, a Century Arms International AK-style pistol and two pistols that had been converted into machine guns using "switch" devices, prosecutors said.

The "switch" devices allow handguns to fire multiple rounds with each pull of the trigger, making the weapon fully automatic, authorities said.

Dixon was initially charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm. On May 21, a federal judge ordered him held without bond pending his trial.

On June 1, a federal grand jury indicted Dixon on two counts each of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition and illegally possessing a machine gun.

He is scheduled to be arraigned in federal court on June 16. He faces up to 40 years in federal prison.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-gang-member-found-cache-221131747.html

And this is what's wrong with our government and justice system
By my count 5 ( possibly 7 depending on report accuracy ) felony firearm possession violations, 2 counts of illegally possession of unregistered machine guns, and unknown number of counts for felony ammunition possession. If suspected criminals were prosecuted to the full extent the law allows, we would have a much safer society. jmho!

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/08/21 11:03 PM

If he is really that dangerous, why did the "law" release him from prison? The "law" does absolutely nothing to stop humans who prey on other humans. More "law" wont change that. More "law" only infringes on everyone that is not a predator of other humans and does nothing to protect them. It does however make it tougher for them to protect their selves.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/09/21 01:10 AM

Prison overcrowding?
Posted By: James

Re: They nailed a bad guy > no joke - 06/09/21 01:13 AM

Danny, you have a good point.

I'm troubled by how easily you can earn the "felon" label. Having been in a few barfights when I was young and foolish, I hate to think of losing my Second Amendment rights over that.

If the right is given by God, how can man so easily take it away? What if the person seeks God's forgiveness and has reformed to be a good citizen?

It doesn't matter if the individual here is a scumbag or whatever. He's a miserable stand-in for our Second Amendment rights, but he is what we've got.

It's too easy for authority to take away the right by making every infraction into a felony.

Jim
© 2024 Trapperman Forums