Home

I just got a stint

Posted By: Leftlane

I just got a stint - 06/08/21 09:34 PM

So far so good what can any of you share that have been down this road
Posted By: cotton

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 09:37 PM

i got one 4 years back.
take it easy for a while no heavy lifting.
if food tastes good spit it out
Posted By: Badger23

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 09:39 PM

How did you know something was wrong? Did it get caught on a routine physical? My uncle has had stents put in and replaced before. He's plugging along yet at 84. His 2 brothers, my Dad and other uncle died young, 64 and 57 from heart issues.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 09:39 PM

Do not know about a "stint" but the stent I got in 2007 is probably the reason I am still around now. Zero complications from mine.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 09:43 PM

What’s a stent and where'd they put it? Coming from Leftlane I’m almost afraid to ask this!!!
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

Did u mean skank??

If so maybe u should get some penicillin! Just sayin
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 10:01 PM

Only 1???
Got 3 and a bypass.
I'm still on the upper side of the sod.
just
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 10:06 PM

I got one about 4 years ago, nothing to it, in and out the same day. I think I was only allowed to lift 5 pounds or less for a couple weeks. Went to the PTA Rendezvous while restricted and when I purchased traps or anything that weighed 5 pounds or more the vendor had to carry it to my vehicle, lol. I know I was reminded by my Dr. that a gallon weighed more than 5 pounds, good he said that because I never thought about how much a gallon weighed.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 10:46 PM

Neighbour of mine once looked me in the eye and said, " I'm getting a stent, tomorrow. " (He'd be pushing Very close to sixty, I think)

My initial thought was; 'Good grief! He must have one foot in the grave!' Then, he mentioned how he'd be home the same day, or something?! shocked

I'd clean forgotten about it since. What? Year now? But, yeah, looking back? I'd been talking of buying a $200+ pallet truck, to shift a round bale a foot or so. Five times a year? Crazy man ~ stent 'n all ~ scoffed and just carried on putting his shoulder to those bales!

They seem to work.
Posted By: Owen156

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 11:04 PM

I worked with a guy that had 7. His cholesterol was over 800, not sure he is still with us as I haven't kept track since retirement.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 11:22 PM

I've got five (5).

Don't get am MRI without your STENT verification papers.

They've worked for me so far.

w
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 11:26 PM

I had 3 put in when I was 46, 11 years ago. Doing fine. Other than have to have a stress test every 2 years to have a CDL.
Posted By: furstroker

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 11:34 PM

Last stint i did was 4 days in county. Long time ago though. Short-timer. wink
It was relaxing though. Caught up on sleep. wink grin
Hope all goes well Lefty.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: I just got a stint - 06/08/21 11:37 PM

You going vegan now? wink
Posted By: adam m

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 12:08 AM

Praying for a speedy recovery
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 12:10 AM

I had five stents put in last December from a big abdominal aorta aneurism that started to rupture - had to have emergency surgery for it. I have to get an MRI every year now to make sure they don’t shift but other than that good to go. Had to take it easy for a few months but doc says life should go on as normal - was out cutting down trees last weekend. As mentioned earlier, you should get a registration card that identifies the type stent (they have serial numbers apparently) and the doc’s information that placed it - keep that with you.
Welcome to the club..
Posted By: Pike River

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by furstroker
Last stint i did was 4 days in county. Long time ago though. Short-timer. wink
It was relaxing though. Caught up on sleep. wink grin
Hope all goes well Lefty.

Sounds nice but peanut butter honey sandwiches are not my thing.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 12:32 AM

Had 3 stents years ago for about 2 years then had quad by pass surgery not many years after the stents. Some stents last for sometime others not so long. By pass surgery is not far down the road as my doc friend use to tell me once you require stents.

I hope all works out well for you leftlane.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 12:41 AM

Boy, where the heck are you???!? Get in here or I’m gonna have to come and water board you with a AED. LOL. Hope you’re well, brother.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 12:53 AM

Hope you feel better Leftlane
Posted By: Posco

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:17 AM

Grown kind of partial to you, Lefty. You gonna up and join the Foreign Legion and not tell anyone? You're supposed to let people know in advance.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:19 AM

Hope all goez well.
Posted By: Savell

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:25 AM

.... you obviously didn’t drink enough to keep your pipes flowing right lefty

... momma had a couple stents... didn’t do it.. had to crack her open and she’s good now... they said the blockage was in a bad intersection though

... hope you do good with it ol hand
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:36 AM

Be glad that you live in the time we do. I have two stents. These devices are inserted into arteries on the surface of the heart to open them blocked with plaque. Without them they would eventually become so blocked that you would have a heart attack and maybe death.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
I got one about 4 years ago, nothing to it, in and out the same day. I think I was only allowed to lift 5 pounds or less for a couple weeks. Went to the PTA Rendezvous while restricted and when I purchased traps or anything that weighed 5 pounds or more the vendor had to carry it to my vehicle, lol. I know I was reminded by my Dr. that a gallon weighed more than 5 pounds, good he said that because I never thought about how much a gallon weighed.

Well, if I ever go on a stint to get me a skank, but end up with a stent, I will need someone to help me to pee.
You know, with the restriction on lifting anything over 5 pounds and all...
Posted By: cmcf

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:41 AM

Best wishes Lefty from all I hear max benefits / with min risks.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Originally Posted by Nittany Lion

Well, if I ever go on a stint to get me a skank, but end up with a stent, I will need someone to help me to pee.
You know, with the restriction on lifting anything over 5 pounds and all...

I know how you feel, man. grin
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:44 AM

Buddy just had one done he was gone a short time did not tell me until he got back never missed a beat after that all good now 100%.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:45 AM

I got one in my widow maker that was 95% blocked 10 years ago and have had no issues. Still can't play the piano!! grin
Posted By: Boco

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:55 AM

Just like an old truck getting a tune up.You're good for another few miles now,Lefty.
Except you're gonna have to quit eating greasy food.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 02:02 AM

One way to keep your blood pressure down is put the above poster on Ignor
and put on some horse blinkers so your eyes don't wander over some of those Texas girls derriers.
Posted By: xaztrapper

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 03:14 AM

Got one december 5, right side artery blocked. Just ready for bed bad heart attack,911 got me to hospital!
Heart stopped they got me going again, lucky to be here! Been six months and feeling good.
Only spent two days in hospital,like i said LUCKY!
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 03:18 AM

Take care LL. I got put on high blood pressure meds last month. Made it 46 years without meds, but also made it 46 years without going to the vet eek

181 over 110 doc said I needed a medal
Posted By: charles

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 03:30 AM

Stints seem to be very common among us. Haven’t had mine yet. I did have my heart shocked into rhythm three years ago and it’s behaved ever since. Just lost 35 lbs, which helps also.

Hope you have a thorough recovery.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 10:04 AM

I'm doing well guys I've even began picking on nurses again this morning grin
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 10:09 AM

Neighbor,
I know we were figuring out a good time to catch some lunch one of these days, but you went and put a hitch in your giddy-up I see.
I suspect you had it done here in SA?

Complications are infrequent and prognosis is typically excellent but then again you have been driving in that left lane all these years, so God only knows.
Prayers this morning sir that the docs got you all piped up and that our Maker keep His Hand on you a bit more these next few days.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: ohiosnareman

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 11:38 AM

You should be fine with the stint . Most last quite a while with no problems . It is amazing what they can do to keep the old ticker pumping .You should be able to do anything you had been doing , and maybe more . I have a bad family history with heart problems . Even though I do all the right things as far as taking care of my health I still have problems . Four heart attacks so far ,walked into the hospital with each of them . Two open heart operations for a total of six bye passes , and five stints so far . Still upright and mobile though . I haven't missed a trapping season in 69 years ,and still cut and split my own firewood . Had my second open heart this last March . In and out in five days . Open heart is so routine now there is almost no chance of a bad out come . They did my last operation because I am in good health (except for my heart ) for a 78 year old ,and they were sure I would do fine . As many on here know they have many ways to overcome heart problems . If you think there is a problem get yourself in and get it fixed . The tough guys who don't think they need doctors are the ones that often end up gone to soon . Glad to hear you got patched up ..

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 12:10 PM

Thanks and yes it sounds like you are dping well considering.

Mark I was in Austin when all this happened so I am at Au Heart Hospital and I am all kinds of impressed so far.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 12:42 PM

I'm doing well guys I've even began picking on nurses again this morning grin

Picking on nurses or flirting? I thought you just found a super hottie you were spending your time with.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 12:50 PM

Hey super hotties need a little time off now and again LOL
Posted By: Drifter

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 12:52 PM

Watch out Lefty. Mighta been a warning you ain't wired for 220 now.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 12:57 PM

Have a nice Recovery, Left. Sounds like you’re enjoying company.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:29 PM

O so u meant stent not skank? Well with yr ordeal with crabs u can relate to my thoughts can't ya? Praying for ya bro. grin
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:34 PM

If them things have a serial number, how long till the .gov will put a tax on them? Prolly coming! Get well Marion!
Posted By: hippie

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 01:44 PM

Trying to hang with wimmin half your age put more than one good man down.

Get well !
Posted By: Owen

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 04:05 PM

I have 5 of them for 12 years now. Shooting for 20 out of them. Zero problems.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 07:56 PM

Thanks guys and yeah it sounds like if something tastes good Ima need to spit it out but I am dating a major hottie here lately so there are somethings I WON'T be giving up on LOL.

2 stents and a whole drawer full of new meds and they let me come home whoot whoot
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
What’s a stent and where'd they put it? Coming from Leftlane I’m almost afraid to ask this!!!

Reminds me of Grandpa called Grandma from the doctor's office. He said, "Ma, I'm at the doctor's office. When they finished my physical they found a suppository in my ear! So, don't bother looking for my lost hearing aid. I think I know where it's at!"
Posted By: Sharon

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 08:31 PM

Glad you're done and back happy , Hoss. These procedures are a good sure thing as to experience and success.

You couldn't pay me to live back before effective medical procedures and good dental care.

Now is time to get healed up and enjoy some treats in good food. A wee bit spoiled !

NO bull riding. NO picking up saddles . I know how heavy Texan gear is. grin

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 10:22 PM

Thanks Sharon I still have my head 6 ft above the ground so it could have been a lot worse
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: I just got a stint - 06/09/21 11:26 PM

So M,you ready to do some bulldogging now?
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 12:15 AM

Lefty
Glad you are doing good, l know its probably like water off a cows rear end but listen to what the Dr. tells you and do it. We want to keep you around fer a while longer till we figure out what to do with you.
Does this mean you are about half bionic now?

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by west river rogue
So M,you ready to do some bulldogging now?

Na he got one of them Naylon saddles and entered the local barrel racing.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 12:56 AM

I might enter the girl sortin this weekend but only if I don't have to git off my barstool

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 01:01 AM

I might enter the girl sortin this weekend but only if I don't have to git off my barstool

I know, I only play a doctor on TV but my advice would be to work your way up to the hotties. Start with a five or a six and ease back into it.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 01:03 AM

Just don't get under anything you can't bench press

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler

Just don't get under anything you can't bench press

This! That's advice you'd normally have to pay for.
Posted By: wamp

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 01:49 AM

Had widow maker December of 06 in the hospital while being check for heart problems they shocked me twice to bring me back.
They put in one stent I was back to trapping beaver in 4 weeks.
I have had no problems since get a check up ever 6 months for my piece of mind.
Watch what I eat to a point and do a lot of walking.
And by the way I will be 70 come Sept.
Got to get me some ice cream.
Take car of yourself.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 03:10 AM

Thanks Wamp I am glad you have done well. The rest of yall can stick yer advice where I couldn't say here on Trapperman
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 04:29 AM

LeftLane
My old boss will turn 90 next October. He has 4 blockages they are treating with meds. I alway ask him when we talk if he needs anything. He usualy reply is a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead then call the funeral home.
I always ask if he thinks they can get all 3 women in the funeral home van at the same time.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 02:01 PM

Cmon M,cowboy up!!! grin

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 03:37 PM

Heck M,i coulda operated and put a piece of windshield washer hose in there to hold it open...... grin
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 03:51 PM

My brother had two stents put in about 5 years ago. Despite the fact that he's very overweight, doesn't exercise, drinks beer like it's going out of style, and eats whatever he's hungry for, he's never had any episodes with his heart since. So Leftlne, if you don't qualify on even one of those things, you should be in great shape! wink Regardless, wish you the best and said a prayer for you.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 04:26 PM

Thanks I might end up workin a little harder than your brother but I doubt they rehab ppl will ever call me patient of the year LOL.

Steve if you could see how tiny the wounds are you probably suspect they used arteries smaller than a windshield washer tube to get to my heart. They have obviously gotten purdy good at this procedure

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 04:32 PM

Thanks I might end up workin a little harder than your brother but I doubt they rehab ppl will ever call me patient of the year LOL.

Steve if you could see how tiny the wounds are you probably suspect they used arteries smaller than a windshield washer tube to get to my heart. They have obviously gotten purdy good at this procedure

So i take it thats a NO?

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 04:35 PM

You're a perceptive one aren't ya! The way I was feeling when I got there I thought I was a gonner

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 05:01 PM

The rest of yall can stick yer advice where I couldn't say here on Trapperman

I'll bet you were a lousy patient and I hope you took a big fat needle directly in the buttocks.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 05:14 PM

Forget you Posco nurses and nurses practitioner girl love me! whistle

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 05:19 PM

My doctor, a female, told me I had a nice flat tummy. I don't think I fully appreciate the effect I have on women.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 05:41 PM

grin
She probably took a long hard look at that head of yours, was searching for something half way positive to say and started workin her way down. Then she suddenly stopped, prolly giggled to herself a little big and move back up 6 or 8 inches and just threw the flat tummy against the wall LOL

Re: I just got a stint - 06/10/21 09:59 PM

grin
She probably took a long hard look at that head of yours, was searching for something half way positive to say and started workin her way down. Then she suddenly stopped, prolly giggled to herself a little big and move back up 6 or 8 inches and just threw the flat tummy against the wall LOL

I'm sculpted. Pecs like you read about. You don't even know.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 12:55 AM

Ha I was just workin out the back trail that made more sense than anything else LOL. Any good outdoorsman would do the same and you know it.

2 days post operation I am getting back to normal or as normal as I can git anyway
Posted By: wamp

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 02:02 AM

Left lane, I do yard work as a part-time employment two and half hours one day a week behind a push mower
And three to four hours with a weed water in hand. About 20 hours on a zero turn, raining day. In side working in a warehouse. The more active the better I believe that is more important then what you eat.
Don't get in a hurry to do things for awhile.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 04:23 AM

I understand and yes I already do live a fairly active life but after I get off the restrictions next week I plan to make increased activity a priority.

The more you work the less careful you have to be with every bite at bean time
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 04:32 AM

Cut your intake of Viagra in half, you'll be OK. And drink more water. It's always good to drink more water.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 04:34 AM

I just read this. By the title I thought you was just in jail again for another stint. Take care of yourself you idiot, that crap is serious.

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 04:46 AM

So how long until they lift restrictions?

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 04:51 AM

It is either a week or 10 days I need to read the paperwork they sent home. What ever time frame they recommended I know it wasn't very long

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 05:32 AM

Sounds about same time frame had me on for gall bladder surgery.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 09:58 AM

Rehab orders per your doc;
*Move over one lane to the right
*Moderate Hotties for the next 3 months
*Increased fiber - or beans
*Decreased brisket

So bottom line, no Bill Millers BBQ for 3 months partner. Buc-ees is prolly where you should go.

You can thank me later neighbor.
Blessings!
Mark

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 11:42 AM

Then you wake up!!! grin

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 01:08 PM

That was harsh! Heck they kept me for an extra 4 hours saying they wanted to see me poop. I've literally never had chicks into me that much before grin

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 01:10 PM

That was harsh! Heck they kept me for an extra 4 hours saying they wanted to see me poop. I've literally never had chicks into me that much before grin

yuk!!! Too much information!!!! sick
Son was behind me reading and said EWWWW

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 01:31 PM

I wasn't all that impressed either man- talk about clingy!

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 01:40 PM

Nurses thought you were full of it, they were checking for a blockage. Your delirium leads me to think the blockage is on the upper end.
Posted By: gcs

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 02:18 PM

Should have had the nurses pick you up some more crab legs.... They'd of let you out quick, fast, and in a hurry!

Re: I just got a stint - 06/11/21 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

Nurses thought you were full of it, they were checking for a blockage. Your delirium leads me to think the blockage is on the upper end.

LOL!!! Epic!!!
Posted By: cotton

Re: I just got a stint - 06/12/21 12:02 AM

my stint came with a chopper ride

Re: I just got a stint - 06/12/21 12:11 AM

Haha chopper rides are all fun and games until the bill comes in the mail- no thank you.

As far as you wise crackers may the bird of paradise fly up yer nose
grin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums