Home

Legal Extortion

Posted By: warrior

Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 09:46 PM

Magistrate court today. Looking at the room I doubt there was not enough cash there to buy a decent lunch.

You have the right to blah, blah, blah.
You may plead guilty or not guilty.
If you plead guilty you may be fined up to 1000 per offense and up to a year in the county jail.
If you plead not guilty you will be bound over for trial in state superior Court and this deputy will take you to the county jail for booking and where you will be required to post a 1000 dollar cash bond.
You may hire an attorney at your own expense, if you can't afford one we will determine if you're eligible to have one represent you for free.

BTW did you know the the United States has a 97% conviction rate? The highest rate in the world.

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 09:52 PM

Average sentence?

500 dollar fine and six months in the county jail BUT I'll suspend the jail time and half the fine for 250 if you can pay the nice lady today.

Shouldn't the RICO statute apply?

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 10:01 PM

Just follow the rules you say?

Dog gets out of the yard, guilty.
Don't get dog snipped, guilty.
Car breaks down tow it to the house until you can get around to fixing it, guilty.
Appliance breaks down so you buy a new one and move the old to the porch but the dump won't take it, guilty.
Storm drops limbs so you pile them up because the county doesn't pick up but you can't burn, guilty.

I know just follow the rules but simple life issues are instant violations.

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 10:03 PM

If you can't tell it disgusts me each time I have any sort of contact with the mafia we call government.

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 10:05 PM

And we wonder why a large percentage of our population is screaming defund the police and willing to burn the place down?
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
If you can't tell it disgusts me each time I have any sort of contact with the mafia we call government.

X2
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 10:22 PM

How's your day going, Warrior? eek

Mine is doing a little better. After a CT scan and a nuclear bone scan, they didn't find cancer, which is great news ,but there are some kidney stones that need addressed. shocked

Hang in there man, 'We shall overcome'.

Charlie
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 10:37 PM

If you go to traffic court and are found not guilty you still have to pay a court fee. How can there be any sort of penalty for being not guilty of something?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 10:55 PM

Magistrate court today. Looking at the room I doubt there was not enough cash there to buy a decent lunch.
BTW did you know the the United States has a 97% conviction rate? The highest rate in the world.

Does that rate include plead guilty or no contest?
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 11:00 PM

That is why I live where I live. No restrictions on my property other than I can't build on more than 10% of it. Even the NASA building does not have a 4.5 acre footprint, so I think I am good on that account as well. I could not live in a place with that may " rules" It would drive me nuts.

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝

Does that rate include plead guilty or no contest?

Yes, but if you read my post you see just why its so much simpler to just plea it out rather than contest. You only get the justice you can afford and the bottom feeders know it.

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by chas3457
Howe's your day going, Warrior? eek

Mine is doing a little better. After a CT scan and a nuclear bone scan, they didn't find cancer, which is great news ,but there are some kidney stones that need addressed. shocked

Hang in there man, 'We shall overcome'.

Charlie

Great news on the cancer! The stones, this too shall pass.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 11:08 PM

Start a neighborhood clean up day warrior. Have everyone start at your place. When you get through with yours , claim heat stroke and bail on em. Just make shure everything is hauled off first. laugh
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 11:12 PM

Just like the TV show Hoarders. If the junk collectors claim to have "rights", don't the other neighbors who don't collect cast off treasures and rubbish also have "rights" to not be forced to see it? Having a vehicle broke down for a week or two never caused a issue, a broken appliance waiting for disposal never caused problems. The same items several weeks later are now just junk, and need taken care of or hidden from view. In my area with current scrap prices, one would have to put a "Not For Sale" sign up as scrappers would be knocking on the door daily, or just drag the junk off when nobody is home.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 11:22 PM

Yep, warrior, I hear you. i got fined for having 2 vehicles in the street in the early am when they issued a snow alert but had them placed back onto our long single driveway by the time the plows came by. I took it to court instead of paying the $50 a piece now and offered photos of the moved cars before the plow to the judge. He looked at them, didn't say a thing, and charged me a $100 a piece for making me waste his precious time. As you said, an entrenched money-making syndicate...
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 11:47 PM

And we wonder why a large percentage of our population is screaming defund the police and willing to burn the place down?

I don't agree with the "defend the police and burn it down" crowd. I support the police, at least in principle. We need police, they provide a vital role in our communities and keep real criminals off the streets. But at the same time, police sign up to enthusiastically enforce the law, including if your dog gets out of the yard, if your dog doesn't get snipped, if your car sits in one spot to long, or if appliances or branches sit in your yard (to use your examples. The police know when they take the job that it'll be their duty to enforce that stupid garbage, and to enforce it vigorously, even to the point of death for themselves or the offender sometimes. They willingly agree to take your money and/or throw you in a cage if you don't follow their rules. Maybe if police would refuse to enforce stupid garbage people would feel differently.

Maybe start by refusing to enforce crimes without an identifiable victim. And "the state" or "the community as a whole" don't count, except in very rare situations. There area very few crimes, like drunk driving or firing a gun into a crowd without hitting anyone for example, that present such a great danger that they should be stopped, even if there is no identifiable victim. But by and large, if there's no victim, there should be no crime.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 11:49 PM

you really need to move. Leave city living to the people who like it
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 11:53 PM

Loosegoose, if they would arrest drive off gas thieves so I could use cash to pay without standing in line twice, it would improve my view of them. I like anonymity when I buy stuff. A little police work when other stuff gets stole as well. They sure seem to have time for all that trivial garbage but not thief catching anymore.

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 11:54 PM

That last sentence exactly.

In my twisted mind there's two forms of crime. Malum in se or wrong in fact and malum prohibitum or wrong because we say so. The first is the accepted moral crimes of murder, theft, rape etc the latter is the no spitting on the sidewalk, wear a mask type "crimes". Again jmo but when the combined multi level legal code has more crimes without actual harm of person outweigh truly immoral acts a society has problems.

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/09/21 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Loosegoose, if they would arrest drive off gas thieves so I could use cash to pay without standing in line twice, it would improve my view of them. I like anonymity when I buy stuff. A little police work when other stuff gets stole as well. They sure seem to have time for all that trivial garbage but not thief catching anymore.

The low hanging cash generating fruit is easier and the numbers look better.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 12:37 AM

So are you going to mow?

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
So are you going to mow?

Already done but I ain't going to step and fetch for nobody.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 12:47 AM

Wait. There are laws that say your dog has to be snipped, and the police have to enforce it?

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Wait. There are laws that say your dog has to be snipped, and the police have to enforce it?

I found that odd too.

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 01:03 AM

Yup along with no tether to a fixed object.

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 01:17 AM

I might have missed it but you get fined?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 01:18 AM

Yup along with no tether to a fixed object.

That's nuts. whistle

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 01:22 AM

Continued
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 01:24 AM

Please no, the country is no longer the country because of all the city dwellers moving in. Let them stay in the city and live in what they created.

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 01:47 AM

I'm anything but city. I'm an Alabama redneck stuck to close to Atlanta because these city folks couldn't catch their own arse. Back home we eat our nuisance wildlife here I get paid to catch it.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 02:36 AM

Is your lawn mowed?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 04:23 AM

You might be a redneck if the last time you mowed your lawn you hit a transmission.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Legal Extortion - 06/10/21 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tailhunter

Please no, the country is no longer the country because of all the city dwellers moving in. Let them stay in the city and live in what they created.

In my area it's the city folks, they think nothing of broke down cars, trucks and trash all over the yards. Cidiots move out to the country and trash the neighborhoods. Driving the big Explorers and Escalades with 24 inch Gumby tires and rims sticking out 6 inches past the fenders! Stupid rigs couldn't pull a greasy string out of a cats butt!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums