Home

Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So

Posted By: nyhuntfish

Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 01:28 AM

Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So
https://www.trappersreport.com/stor...fashion-industry,-first-country-to-do-so

.....And while you're there, check out this story. Lots of news lately in ANTI world as gross as it is...

"Is "Tissue Engineering" The Future of Fake Fur?"
https://www.trappersreport.com/
Posted By: Boco

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 01:31 AM

Scumbags.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 01:40 AM

This is going to be good.

So, God's chosen people banned fur? They already have crazy gun control.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 01:43 AM

I wonder how this sits with the orthodox and hasidic communities? Aren't some of their garments fur trimmed? I know they have a particular felt hat and I imagine it's not cheap rabbit felt.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 01:51 AM

I don't think I ever saw an animal die from natural causes that was what I would call humane. Their best shot at dying humanely may be jumping out in front of a car.
Posted By: nyhuntfish

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
I wonder how this sits with the orthodox and hasidic communities? Aren't some of their garments fur trimmed? I know they have a particular felt hat and I imagine it's not cheap rabbit felt.

Beaver. I would imagine there will be a religious exemption. Also this is somehow worded "for the fashion industry" likely in part for this reason.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 01:58 AM

Well, if gods chosen people are agin it,. all you Christians need to start selling your equipment. Maybe have one big central auction here in KS. I could set it up no problem.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 01:59 AM

Just wait until the new PM takes over
Israel is in big trouble.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Well, if gods chosen people are agin it,. all you Christians need to start selling your equipment. Maybe have one big central auction here in KS. I could set it up no problem.

New covenant. Arise, Kill, Eat
Posted By: Savell

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 02:11 AM

... you know there’s no money at all left to be had in fur if that bunch is snubbing it lol

... Or maybe the destruction of creative hard working cultures is more lucrative... who knows

( I ain’t talking about the raghead Palestinians or all the other brands of goat cuddlers)
Posted By: grampy

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 02:38 AM

Cruel. Maybe she should watch an animal being slaughtered according to the "kosher rule"
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 02:41 AM

It amazes me how ignorant you are abt the Bible, I see why you don’t believe.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by nyhuntfish

Beaver. I would imagine there will be a religious exemption. Also this is somehow worded "for the fashion industry" likely in part for this reason.

Beaver and mink. My thoughts too about religious exemption and it keeps starting Fashion Industry
Posted By: Posco

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:11 AM

Adam went the green route and covered himself with a fig leaf. Didn't pan out.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:23 AM

Jews and Muslims are the same Semitic bunch.. I have no idea why Christians show favor to Jews ? ... could one of y’all theologians explain that to me please... the Muslims believe the Old Testament... the Jews believe the Old Testament... Muslims profit is Mohammad... Jews either have no profit or believe he hasn’t come yet?... either way both are blasphemous to the New Testament.. not to mention the Jews killed Jesus as heartless as Eastwood did ol Greely in Unforgiven lol

(I personally believe Semitic religion has been manipulated and used to make we of European heritage vulnerable and weak)

... here’s a coyote

[Linked Image]

Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:30 AM

Very interesting, given the history of Jewish connection to the fur trade.

When I first got involved in the international fur trade, the bulk of the brokers were Jewish. Ythe auction schedule was scheduled around the Jewish sabbath. No selling on Saturday. Ok to sell on Sunday.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:38 AM

I may have my history a little screwed up, but I believe there was quite a bit of "profit" in Mohammed. Didn't some Muslims dip there heel in oil, shoot at some food and up from the ground came a bubblin' up some crude.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
Very interesting, given the history of Jewish connection to the fur trade.

When I first got involved in the international fur trade, the bulk of the brokers were Jewish. Ythe auction schedule was scheduled around the Jewish sabbath. No selling on Saturday. Ok to sell on Sunday.

I was getting ready to comment something along those lines. I imagine Hyman and Leo Goldberg are rolling in their graves.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:44 AM

That's a nice coyote. Looks like he did a little chewing on the stick the two of you were playing fetch with.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
I may have my history a little screwed up, but I believe there was quite a bit of "profit" in Mohammed. Didn't some Muslims dip there heel in oil, shoot at some food and up from the ground came gushing up some crude.

... forgive me if I’m not fluent in Hebrew and Arabic lol

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:47 AM

Don't worry about it. I didn't know I could write in tongues either. LOL.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
Don't worry about it. I didn't know I could write in tongues either. LOL.

... now them postales got it figured out... get drunk without anyone noticing .. go to hollerin and gyrating around while playing with snakes ... if that don’t inherited the earth and give you a seat at the throne... I don’t know what will

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 04:00 AM

Pshaw. That happened at the bar I was at last Friday. I didn't hear anything about inheriting land or getting new furniture but the two bouncers that helped me out the door said I could come back in a week if I promised not to behave like that again.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 08:55 AM

so do i need to set up the auction? send an inventory of what your going to sell, general delivery willamsburg ks
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 10:59 AM

If Israel, as a government, wants to ban fur or Pepsi or chewing gum, that's their prerogative.
How'd this thread turn to religious and especially to Christianity?

That'd be like asking me why a hippo walked by my coyote sets.
My answer; "Well, I'll be."

Savell, God established the covenant with Abraham and only a foolish person says God of Holy Scripture doesn't keep His promises.
When we fog a mirror, God's pneuma (breath) is our blessing.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 11:16 AM

Mark, it got turned religious the same way it does when you do it. Send me that inventory list and lets get this auction going

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 11:28 AM

I disagree sir. I comment on the way I live my life and the lens on my perspective, not a negative Nelly jab like happened in this thread.
I don't disparage as my way of philosophical insight on subjects.

In fact, I'd ask, "Why bother to comment if someone only has a disparaging comment?"
That's not someone's life lens. That's called mockery.

Why is there an auction?

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Savell
Jews and Muslims are the same Semitic bunch.. I have no idea why Christians show favor to Jews ? ... could one of y’all theologians explain that to me please... the Muslims believe the Old Testament... the Jews believe the Old Testament... Muslims profit is Mohammad... Jews either have no profit or believe he hasn’t come yet?... either way both are blasphemous to the New Testament.. not to mention the Jews killed Jesus as heartless as Eastwood did ol Greely in Unforgiven lol

(I personally believe Semitic religion has been manipulated and used to make we of European heritage vulnerable and weak)

... here’s a coyote

[Linked Image]

The Jews are Gods holy people, and still are. Jesus himself was a Jew, and if they hadn't killed.him they way they did, there wouldn't be a Christian religion. Jesus had to die that death for the forgiveness of our sins. The Jews were supposed to accept Jesus as messiah, and some did (that's how the early church was started....both Jews and gentiles turned to Jesus). Most of the Jews, though, missed the boat so to speak, and didn't accept Jesus despite all the words of their prophets pointing to Jesus. So, despite being Gods holy people, Jews that don't accept salvation in Christ face the same fate as anyone else who doesn't accept salvation in Christ.

As far as what Israel the country does, that's their business.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 12:33 PM

loosegoose- I thought God's chosen people were the Israelites? the Jews are sub-set of two of the tribes (Judea and Benjamin) that ended up being called "Jews" later. Neither Judea or Benjamin were the "birthrite" tribe. This Stephen Collins guy has written some thought provoking books, almost totally ignored by the modern academic scholars (I wonder why?). Most of us may have more Semitic ancestry in us than we know, even Savell! A lot of things can move around a lot in 3,000 years.

https://stevenmcollins.com/

P.S. Ever heard of the Parthian empire, a rival of Rome for over 300 years...? I hadn't and I have two degrees in history. Interesting how things get filtered out...

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
If Israel, as a government, wants to ban fur or Pepsi or chewing gum, that's their prerogative.
How'd this thread turn to religious and especially to Christianity?

That'd be like asking me why a hippo walked by my coyote sets.
My answer; "Well, I'll be."

Savell, God established the covenant with Abraham and only a foolish person says God of Holy Scripture doesn't keep His promises.
When we fog a mirror, God's pneuma (breath) is our blessing.

Blessings,
Mark

Mark--my point was where are the pro-Israel at any cost Tman members? They generally pop up on threads about the Israeli government to chant their support and demand that the US pay for it. The basis for the chants and demands is typically grounded in their religious beliefs. A few of them, including one above who hates yard work, calls people anti Semitic if they do not blindly support Israel.

I just want people to be consistent.

By the way, trapping and most hunting is illegal in Israel too. Israeli gun control makes Canada look a 2A sanctuary.

So, come on out to play blind supporters of Israel. Try and support Israel banning fur.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 02:54 PM

I have always been pro Israel, but this is a very stupid move. Many people in the fur industry here in the U.S. are Jewish. To me this is just another example of certain people shoving their opinion down the throats of everyone else. As has been mentioned kosher methods of slaughter are not necessarily humane. I believe God put animals on the earth for man's use, but not abuse.I'm a trapper and I kill animals in a humane manner.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 02:54 PM

Wonder how open carry would work out in Israel? Just saying...

Also, although I'm not a Christian I see eye to eye with Mark's take on this. No need to mock someone's faith.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Wonder how open carry would work out in Israel? Just saying...

Also, although I'm not a Christian I see eye to eye with Mark's take on this. No need to mock someone's faith.

To be clear, I am not mocking. People can support Israel all they want. They can send personal checks and fly the Israeli flag as far as I'm concerned.

But many Israeli supporters here in the U.S. demand that our country support them on every issue and that we pay for it--because of religious reasons. I just want to know if they are going to support the fur ban (and gun control and hunting restrictions) with the same enthusiasm.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:16 PM

Who are the people who would support a fur ban...by anyone? PETA nuts maybe?

People on here don't support Cali. and hardly any of their nutty ideas, but if they are attacked I bet all would support defending them.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:22 PM

PETA is indeed supporting Israel on their decision.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 03:31 PM

I am always reminded of the times when Israel would get out of line and God would use their enemies to get them back on course. So I'm always asking myself; when they are in a conflict is this one of those times or the grand finale ?

As far as the fur trading thing. They always taught their girls it was better to marry into the perfume trade or a trader of spices than a tanner, for obvious reasons I guess. So maybe they will start promoting those trades more. Although the tanner would sometimes disguise himself as a perfume maker, especially when taking a wife.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 04:34 PM

Here is a copy and paste portion of the link about the history of Jews and the hide and fur trade:

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/leather-industry-trade

BOHEMIA AND MORAVIA

Buying hides from the local noblemen was one of the main tasks of the Jews, as stipulated in the charters on which their protection was based; purchasing the skins of small animals from peasants and from butchers was an important side line. Jews also imported and exported hides. At the end of the 16th century, Marcus *Meisel was granted the monopoly of the leather trade in Prague (Bondy-Dworsky, no. 1068). In 1629 the gentile tanners of *Tachov included a clause in their charter forbidding any of their number to finish hides for Jews because the Jewish leather trade was undercutting the tanners. When the Jews were expelled from *Litomerice in 1541, one man had to be allowed to remain because he alone was capable of supplying hides and tanning bark to the tanners (H. Ankert, in: H. Gold, Juden und Judengemeinden Boehmens, 1934). In Prague in 1729 there were 70 Jewish hide and leather merchants. The Jews who settled in Kremsier ( *Kromeriz ) in 1670 after their expulsion from Vienna were permitted to deal in "various crude and finished leather" ( *Frankl-Gruen , Kremsier, 1 (1896), 109). Leather and hide merchants frequented the large fairs, mainly the one at Breslau (Wroclaw), which was a center for the import of hides from Eastern Europe.

Jews were also active in tanning itself; since it was one of the trades outside guild control it was open to Jews, and after the Thirty Years' War tanneries became one of the most important Jewish economic outlets. When the Moravian guilds protested against the renewal of Jewish privileges in 1659, one of their arguments was the claim that the methods of tanning employed by the Jews were unsatisfactory (W. Mueller, Urkundliche Beitraege (1905), 27–28). Jews were permitted to settle as tanners in localities otherwise forbidden to them. Most of the tanneries were the property of the local nobleman and were leased to the Jewish randar (see *Arenda ), who was sometimes not a tanner himself but the employer of one. However, some Jews had their own tanneries. In *Polna the community as such leased the tannery from the municipality (1681) and in *Kolin the community bought the tannery (1724; R. Kestenberg-Gladstein, in: JJS, 6 (1955), 35–49). The council of Moravian Jewry issued several ordinances concerning the leather industry: it forbade the attempt to gain a monopoly on buying hides and other merchandise from a local nobleman (I. Heilperin, Takkanot… (1963), 83, no. 250), yet in another ordinance (ibid., 150, no. 449) it forbade anyone to buy in a locality where someone else had a monopoly by the terms of his contract with the local nobleman. It was considered the duty of the *Landrabbiner to protect Moravian Jews from the competition of buyers from other districts (ibid., 285, no. 485). The council did not hold tanners (nor butchers) in high esteem: in 1709 it ruled that they could be members of the council only if they also held public office in their home community.

Early in the 17th century the Hapsburg rulers, true to their mercantilist policies, were interested in encouraging tanning. A survey that they carried out in Moravia in 1719 revealed that there were two tanneries owned by Jews and 79 leased by Jews from local noblemen; six of them employed one gentile laborer each; the lease of 13 of these tanneries was connected with the lease of a distillery; only ten tanneries in Moravia were run by gentiles (V. Zacek, in: JGGJČ, 5 (1933), 175–97). In Bohemia in 1724 there were 80 Jewish tanners and furriers (grouped together under one heading) and 26 tanneries were leased to Jews; 252 Jews were occupied in the leather industry; 146 were hide and leather merchants, and 106 were engaged in tanning (R. Kestenberg-Gladstein, in: Zion, 9 (1944), 17; 12 (1946/47), 49–65, 160–89, and passim). In the 18th century tanning and trading in leather were often connected. One specialty of the Jewish leather trade in Moravia was the kid trousers which, finished and colored in various ways, were an important feature of the peasants' national costume (B. Heilig, in: JGGJČ, 3 (1931), 373). The tanners were the first craftsmen in the Hapsburg Empire who were permitted to hire open salesrooms (Verkaufsgewoelbe) in Vienna (1781). This offered several Jews the opportunity to settle there.

These tanneries continued to flourish in the 19th century, and when new chemical methods were introduced many of them became important factories, as in *Golcuv Jenikov and *Kosova Hora (Amschelberg). Jews also founded new factories where no tanneries had existed before: e.g., in *Pilsen where the first factory producing Moroccan-style leather was established in 1829 and in *Brno where a factory producing French-style leather was founded in 1846. More than 20 of the leather factories in Bohemia in 1863 were run by Jews, and a large part of their export trade was with the United States. Leather production remained a Jewish craft for many years. After chromium tanning was introduced (1884) Jewish factories led the move to modernization. Between the two world wars Jewish firms played an important role in the production and export of leather goods (Jews of Czechoslovakia, 1 (1968), 419–81)
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 04:36 PM

New covenant. Arise, Kill, Eat

You're talking over the heads of non-Christians.
Posted By: Owen

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 04:53 PM

Kind of ironic that the people who started the wearing of fur are first to ban it.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 06:46 PM

The cool thing is, God is a big boy, he doesn’t need for me to prove that he exists or to explain why things are.

For all the nay sayers, you’ll have all your answers someday, hopefully before its too late. But again that’s on you.

Whether or not the Jewish people like fur makes no difference to me and in reality I couldn’t care less.

I do what I do because it’s what I do. I see no need to ask permission.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 06:52 PM

Israel isn't exactly a conservative country nor is it made up of all Jews despite what the media says.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 06:53 PM

Well Israel is a democracy as we are and free to vote in mistakes as we just did and religion has nothing to do with it.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 07:15 PM

Well Israel is a democracy as we are and free to vote in mistakes as we just did and religion has nothing to do with it.

Another reason not to take political positions based on religion.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 08:21 PM

Do any of you think any other countries will follow suit?

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 08:29 PM

For sure.
Posted By: charles

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 08:40 PM

I agree. Not everyone thinks fur is a valuable resource, as we do. Maybe fashions and opinions will change in the near future.
Posted By: Kong

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 08:43 PM

Warrior, we are a REPUBLIC....... that is something we can never ever forget, so , no , we are not like Israel
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/10/21 10:04 PM

Hasidic Jewish men wear a hat called a shtreimel, which is usually made from the tails of sable, marten, or gray fox. The hats usually cost many thousands of dollars and are usually custom made for the owner.

Keith

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/11/21 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

Another reason not to take political positions based on religion.

BC, agreed although politics would be a religion for quite a few in 2021. Not theology mind you.
Oh, and wink my earlier thread wasn't aimed at your comments whistle

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/11/21 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mark June

BC, agreed although politics would be a religion for quite a few in 2021. Not theology mind you.
Oh, and wink my earlier thread wasn't aimed at your comments whistle

Blessings,
Mark

I agree 100% and it's not good.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So - 06/11/21 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by hippie
Who are the people who would support a fur ban...by anyone? PETA nuts maybe?

People on here don't support Cali. and hardly any of their nutty ideas, but if they are attacked I bet all would support defending them.

Crickets. lol

That was too easy and reasonable.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums