Home

Cash is still illegal

Posted By: danny clifton

Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 01:50 AM

Looks like cash is still illegal also. Any chance a bill or two had been used as a coke or meth straw? by someone else? No charges filed but L.E. steals the money. looks to me like the thieves are the only ones there is enough evidence to convict.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/drug-sniffing-dog-kansas-city-173208173.html

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 01:53 AM

P.S. I have seen grand nite champion coon dogs (yes plural) tree possums, slick tree and chase deer. Dont tell me a dog is anything more than just a dog.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
P.S. I have seen grand nite champion coon dogs (yes plural) tree possums, slick tree and chase deer. Dont tell me a dog is anything more than just a dog.

Yup, I'm amazed at a hounds ability and seen some amazing things but every one of them are capable of brain farts.
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 02:01 AM

Danny, you are correct. I had them drug sniffing dogs all over my truck in the high school parking lot once. I had been gigging carp and had eggs and scales all over the bed of my truck which set them dogs off. They called me out of class to let the dogs search inside my truck. I thought it was fun getting out of class at the time, but know never to trust them dogs now.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 02:03 AM

Civil asset forfeiture is policing for profit, and those cops should be ashamed of themselves. They aren't, though. They went home thinking they did a good deed that day.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 02:09 AM

People dont walk around with $22,000 in a bag unless they are up to no good.There are exceptions and its easy to prove with bank records.
If its legit money he will have no problem proving where it came from.If its laundered money or money from crime Its good that he got caught.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
People dont walk around with $22,000 in a bag unless they are up to no good.

Just because you don't
Doesn't mean I or other people don't
I've had way more than that in a box that I went on a shopping spree with.
Just sayin
Posted By: Marty

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 02:23 AM

That sucks....

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by wetdog
People dont walk around with $22,000 in a bag unless they are up to no good.

Just because you don't
Doesn't mean I or other people don't
I've had way more than that in a box that I went on a shopping spree with.
Just sayin

Just to clarify for your tiny brain-I never said I dont walk around with 50'thousand in cash,and I also stated there are exceptions.If you get stopped with a big amount of cash or even if you try to spend or deposit it you will have to prove it is not laundered or tied to illegal activity which is simple to do if it is legally obtained.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 02:32 AM

Maybe in Canada, not here
Besides I DON'T use the corrupt banks. I will never pay someone else to let me use my own money
Always seemed dumb to me

And BOBO you sure are a piece of sh..
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 02:32 AM

People dont walk around with $22,000 in a bag unless they are up to no good.There are exceptions and its easy to prove with bank records.
If its legit money he will have no problem proving where it came from.If its laundered money or money from crime Its good that he got caught.

When I ran my welding trk it was not unusual for me to have 25,000-30,000 in the bib of my overalls,Incase I needed materials such as a load of steel on a weekend.
Just cause you have never been out of the woods beaver trapping don’t mean that no one else has.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 02:34 AM

I been all over the world and have sold international real estate,I doubt you could teach me much about money laundering law.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 02:48 AM

It's nothing for some farmers to go to an equipment auction and have 100K+ in CASH in their pockets or bib Carhartts. Cash is still king! :-)

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 02:58 AM

Recently I bought a new car with cash,and my son bought a house with cash.
Only had to prove where the cash came from is all that is necessary.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 03:31 AM

Vacuumed sealed money is laundered money. Plain and simple. Like Boco.said. If it is legal. No worries. If it is not. Well then you got what’s coming to you.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 04:15 AM

That's not how it's supposed to work here. We have a long standing concept of "innocent until proven guilty". If the US hadn't lost it's way, the government would have to prove your guilt in court. If they can't do that, you're innocent. The way it works now is that you have to prove you're innocent. If you can't, you're guilty. It's wrong and it's more erosion of civil rights.

Forfeiture of private property should only be possible after a conviction for a crime.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 05:31 AM

Just to clarify for your tiny brain-I never said I dont walk around with 50'thousand in cash,and I also stated there are exceptions.If you get stopped with a big amount of cash or even if you try to spend or deposit it you will have to prove it is not laundered or tied to illegal activity which is simple to do if it is legally obtained.

The tiny brain comment, isn’t that enough to get someone a vacation?

The owner of the money shouldn’t have to prove anything. That’s on the police and the justice system. Just because someone is carrying a bunch of money means nothing until proven otherwise.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 06:54 AM

I've collected cash for decades and put into my safe. I also have a few bank accounts and a credit union account. If someone asked me about the tens of thousands I was buying something with and it was cash from my safe I shouldn't have to prove it was mine. It's not I'll gotten gains but I would have no record or proof that it was mine. Just saying

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 08:49 AM

Boco likes to stir things up for reasons known only to him.

Hard to believe anyone would support cops stealing money without evidence. Which is what it is. Theft. If there is no evidence to charge him with a crime what justification is there for taking his property?

I believe it is the anonymity of cash that big brother hates. When you involve a bank in your private affairs you are tracked. Internet companies, bank card companies, your bank, and the government, all know where your money is spent and for what. They know the source of that money if your deposit is a direct deposit or from a check. When cash is used your private affairs stay private.

Don't forget that if cops steal your money you have to go to court to get it back. Your taking them to court. The burden of proof is on you. Same thing the IRS does. The burden of proof has shifted from the accuser to the accused.

another loss of our civil rights
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 08:56 AM

A dancer was stopped on I-80 in Nebraska. She had close to a million in cash in her car. The Nebraska State patrol took it, for a while anyway. She said “I worked hard for that money and it’s mine!”. Judge agreed and she got it back. No record of where it came from or proof how she got it. Burden of proof was on NSP who failed to prove the money didn’t rightfully belong to her.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 09:01 AM

She probably showed the judge how she earned it in his chambers.

Bottom line is she had to go to court. The cops got no censure for taking it. Thieves should do time. Porch pirates, shop lifters, gas drive offs. If somebody can do time in the county jail for peeing behind a dumpster in an alley, then thieves definitely need to do time. All of them.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 11:15 AM

Hard to believe anyone would support cops stealing money without evidence. Which is what it is. Theft. If there is no evidence to charge him with a crime what justification is there for taking his property?

I believe it is the anonymity of cash that big brother hates. When you involve a bank in your private affairs you are tracked. Internet companies, bank card companies, your bank, and the government, all know where your money is spent and for what. They know the source of that money if your deposit is a direct deposit or from a check. When cash is used your private affairs stay private.

Don't forget that if cops steal your money you have to go to court to get it back. Your taking them to court. The burden of proof is on you. Same thing the IRS does. The burden of proof has shifted from the accuser to the accused.

Of course it's the anonymity they hate. That's why governments and central banks are afraid of Bitcoin, well that and it's not fiat.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 11:49 AM

The problem with civil asset forfeiture is t necessarily the taking of the property,it's the guilty until proven innocent mindset. Typically the person who's property is being sized isn't even charged with a crime. Their stuff just gets taken because *maybe* it was involved in a crime. Now the burden of proff is on you to get your stuff back, not on the government to prove that your stuff was used in the commission of a crime. Sure sometimes that easy to prove, sometimes it's not. But the proff should be on the accuser, not the accused.
Posted By: Albert Burns

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 12:07 PM

I have friends that carry that much, and much more on a daily basis. They buy antique motorcycles, and nobody is taking a 30K check for one. Why would you think it's a good idea that you are considered guilty of something, until you can prove you are not?
Posted By: ToTheWoods

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by stinkypete
Vacuumed sealed money is laundered money. Plain and simple. Like Boco.said. If it is legal. No worries. If it is not. Well then you got what’s coming to you.

Why is that??? Your telling me my vacuum sealed cash in my firebox stashed in a hole at the farm is laundered and illegal???
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
The problem with civil asset forfeiture is t necessarily the taking of the property,it's the guilty until proven innocent mindset. Typically the person who's property is being sized isn't even charged with a crime. Their stuff just gets taken because *maybe* it was involved in a crime. Now the burden of proff is on you to get your stuff back, not on the government to prove that your stuff was used in the commission of a crime. Sure sometimes that easy to prove, sometimes it's not. But the proff should be on the accuser, not the accused.

It's worse than that, you don't even have to be charged. Ever.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Of course it's the anonymity they hate. That's why governments and central banks are afraid of Bitcoin, well that and it's not fiat.

Bitcoin isn't anonymous unless you blindly trade physical wallets.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 12:41 PM

Looks like cash is still illegal also. Any chance a bill or two had been used as a coke or meth straw? by someone else? No charges filed but L.E. steals the money. looks to me like the thieves are the only ones there is enough evidence to convict.

I'll just say up front, I dont get any of my new from YahooNews . I dont doubt the cash got siezed though.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 12:43 PM

There's a case in Utah where the state supreme court has ordered the guys cash returned and the PD still won't release it.
Posted By: goatman

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by SJA
It's nothing for some farmers to go to an equipment auction and have 100K+ in CASH in their pockets or bib Carhartts. Cash is still king! :-)

Lol. Not really. I tried to buy a pickup couple of weeks ago outright. The dealer wouldn't sell me the truck without a trade-in. Weird times.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
I've collected cash for decades and put into my safe. I also have a few bank accounts and a credit union account. If someone asked me about the tens of thousands I was buying something with and it was cash from my safe I shouldn't have to prove it was mine. It's not I'll gotten gains but I would have no record or proof that it was mine. Just saying

This
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 12:49 PM

‘One of my landowners knew a high stakes gambler that they took his cash while traveling, nothing but making a living playing poker. I always told the local Troopers it was theft to me just never seen the probable cause side of it.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by trapper les

I'll just say up front, I dont get any of my new from YahooNews . I dont doubt the cash got siezed though.

I thought that to before but seen it happen more then once.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 01:33 PM

She probably showed the judge how she earned it in his chambers.

Bottom line is she had to go to court. The cops got no censure for taking it. Thieves should do time. Porch pirates, shop lifters, gas drive offs. If somebody can do time in the county jail for peeing behind a dumpster in an alley, then thieves definitely need to do time. All of them.

I agree, Nebraska state patrol should have at least had to pay interest and court costs. They might have had to if she would have sued for it.

I was just saying that the state had to prove it was drug money, she didn't have to prove it wasn't. For those who think you have to have a reason to carry cash legally.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 03:50 PM

Every time Ive had 20k or 30k cash on me it would have destroyed my buisiness if some cop seized it until I could prove how i got it .
Im with Danny that craps wrong
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 04:02 PM

Of course it's the anonymity they hate. That's why governments and central banks are afraid of Bitcoin, well that and it's not fiat. [/quote]
Bitcoin isn't anonymous unless you blindly trade physical wallets. [/quote]

The FBI just recovered most of the bitcoin that was paid to the colonial pipeline hackers from their wallet . That leads me to believe that crypto currency might not be as anonymous and untraceable as we have been lead to believe
Posted By: hippie

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 04:06 PM

Wrong in all aspects.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 04:07 PM

cash grab

Until the law has to pay a penalty this will only get worse. Sounds like the old kangaroo courts that used to flourish in the 20's.
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 04:08 PM

Them thieving cops would have a ball with all the Chinese people around here that are building Marijuana grow operations. They carry briefcases full of crisp clean banded cash just like everyone has always seen in the movies. One had his truck window smashed in the other day and supposedly lost upwards of $20,000 in cash. No biggie to them he made a phone call and had $100K more in 2 days. Our sheriff department and city cops would be cutting a fat hog if they started stealing from them. They have no right to seize someone's cash if there no proof it was part of a crime.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Davisfur
Them thieving cops would have a ball with all the Chinese people around here that are building Marijuana grow operations. They carry briefcases full of crisp clean banded cash just like everyone has always seen in the movies. One had his truck window smashed in the other day and supposedly lost upwards of $20,000 in cash. No biggie to them he made a phone call and had $100K more in 2 days. Our sheriff department and city cops would be cutting a fat hog if they started stealing from them. They have no right to seize someone's cash if there no proof it was part of a crime.

That's the side effect of legalizing a product that you're federally barred from providing banking services to as banks are more responsible to the the feds than the states

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Drifter
cash grab

Until the law has to pay a penalty this will only get worse. Sounds like the old kangaroo courts that used to flourish in the 20's.

They'd need to be personally liable, at least financially. Sueing the police is just sueing yourself unless you were just passing through.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 04:25 PM

I been all over the world and have sold international real estate,I doubt you could teach me much about money laundering law.

OOOhh,,international man of mystery,,,Bond,,,,Boco Bond! He likes his beaver lure shaken,,not stirred !! BWahahahaaaa,,,your a legend in your own mind.
Posted By: matt817

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 04:26 PM

this is why you have to pay attention to your local elections, everyone complains about the police enforcing laws that they are hired to enforce, yet they don't make the laws the local politician do and they can change them.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 04:38 PM

I would think any lawyer worth his salt could get your cash returned if you were not convicted of a crime and if he couldn't he should squeal like a pig with his head under a gate until he had that case on the steps of the Supreme Court
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 04:47 PM

So you guys say it's illegal, or legal, to keep 157 grand that is in vacuum sealed packets. All unmarked bills that was in a green water proof duffle bag, laying in a ditch beside a gravel road. Asking for a friend.
Posted By: finbar

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 04:53 PM

Bitcoin never purported to be anonymous. The ledger of all transactions is publicly available. There are ways to make the transactions more anonymous but I don't know these. However, the FBI story is unbelievable. These elite hackers could take down a pipeline but don't know how to put the money in cold storage (where the FBI would have to physically find them in Russia)? I know that and I'm just a redneck from NC.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 05:03 PM

Your "friend" needs to fly first class to the five star destination of his choice, surround himself with beautiful women of questionable morals and ridiculously expensive liquor. When he gets tired he should go home and waste whatever is left. JK.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bigfoot

The FBI just recovered most of the bitcoin that was paid to the colonial pipeline hackers from their wallet . That leads me to believe that crypto currency might not be as anonymous and untraceable as we have been lead to believe

Every transaction is recorded in the ledger so it's not unreasonable to think a transaction could be traced or tracked back, especially in the case of the hackers when you already know where to look.

My point is what's easier to hide on your person? 100,000 in bitcoin or 100,000 in cash.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Trapset
A dancer was stopped on I-80 in Nebraska. She had close to a million in cash in her car. The Nebraska State patrol took it, for a while anyway. She said “I worked hard for that money and it’s mine!”. Judge agreed and she got it back. No record of where it came from or proof how she got it. Burden of proof was on NSP who failed to prove the money didn’t rightfully belong to her.

I bet she got a visit from the IRS!

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
Originally Posted by Trapset

I bet she got a visit from the IRS!

Visit (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)- you can bet they pitched a tent in her living room and escorted her to and from work every night
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 05:38 PM

I can think of at least a couple other alphabet agencies that pricked up their ears too. One positive I can think of is that she would have no trouble affording private security.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 05:45 PM

Sure a lawyer could get it back. Lets see, 20,000 stolen and 15000 in lawyer fees to get it back. Wheres the problem?
Posted By: BandB

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by stinkypete

According to the article, the money was in envelopes. A vacuum sealer was in the luggage.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
cash grab

They'd need to be personally liable, at least financially. Sueing the police is just sueing yourself unless you were just passing through.

AMEN Sniper until they have their skin in the game without an unlimited backing they have nothing to lose. Those that do end up suing the state city or whoever need to be awarded damages as well for lost revenue and anguish.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 06:38 PM

If you lose product your not in to bad a shape maybe but if you lose the cash you might not see your next birthday then, not a lot of trust in that line of work. eek
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 07:31 PM

Last time I went on an extended fishing trip,,I had a bunch of cash AND a vacume sealer in my sack.That don't make me a drug dealer. grin

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 07:38 PM

Keep up defunding your police.
Dumb.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/10/21 11:10 PM

Pretty stupid to keep letting them make their own rules in direct violation of the constitution. About like keeping a dog that bites. They both need to learn their bounds or get rid of them.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/11/21 12:51 AM

x2
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/11/21 03:05 AM

Didn't know your train went that far

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/11/21 04:42 AM

LMBO @ train not going that far and Bond, Boco Bondgrin
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/11/21 10:46 AM

Next thing police will be deciding if you have too many guns.

Re: Cash is still illegal - 06/11/21 01:30 PM

Pretty stupid to keep letting them make their own rules in direct violation of the constitution. About like keeping a dog that bites. They both need to learn their bounds or get rid of them.

Yup, government gets around the free speech deal by saying Facebook and Google are privet company’s. Then they tell Facebook and google what they want censored.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums