Home

New hipboot storage question

Posted By: coonman220

New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 03:32 AM

Decide buy pr cheapys for extra this fall as likely need them, save better ones for cold , I got pr cheapys last summer as same as today, on clearance , frogg toggs, all rubber no PVC upper but very lil insulation, they work out ok until real cold last season, so box unopen sealed take in air cond store , should leave in box as are out store in room in house where no sun an air cond sometime , below 80 mostly or mid 70 s temp , aslong as not wear till Nov or Dec? If not sold, they may been on shelve months an don't think they sell, on clearance, $54.95 plus tax
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 09:59 AM

Take them out and stuff them with newspaper to hold their form. Its usually the creases that get rotted first- but, on cheapos its anybodies guess as to what part starts cracking first.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Decide buy pr cheapys for extra this fall as likely need them, save better ones for cold , I got pr cheapys last summer as same as today, on clearance , frogg toggs, all rubber no PVC upper but very lil insulation, they work out ok until real cold last season, so box unopen sealed take in air cond store , should leave in box as are out store in room in house where no sun an air cond sometime , below 80 mostly or mid 70 s temp , aslong as not wear till Nov or Dec? If not sold, they may been on shelve months an don't think they sell, on clearance, $54.95 plus tax

Vacuum seal them, box and all
and then store them in your freezer.
Posted By: run

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 10:57 AM

Vacuum seal them, box and all
and then store them in your freezer.
[/quote]
I'm glad to see you still alive, walleyed.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 02:25 PM

Like Walleyed said. I did this but didn't store in a freezer, just used the air-tight storage bag.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 03:05 PM

I just buy the s-style hip boot hanger and hang them in a cool closet. No creases no heat no sunlight....no worries
Posted By: corky

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
I just buy the s-style hip boot hanger and hang them in a cool closet. No creases no heat no sunlight....no worries

You're no fun. Why buy something and not worry about it?
Posted By: The Beav

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 03:39 PM

This

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 04:10 PM

Don't put freezer , stupid idea, I don't got more 1 boot hanger , unless a rope an hang cellar rafters, new boots unopen package are not ok in box for months ? I have see gauntlets from fnt that had crease an new an cracked, actually got pr like that last fall an happen another time, new an junk but gauntlets are not boots

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 04:36 PM

Just hang them by the belt straps.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 05:14 PM

I was thinking that but then thinking that kinda hard on stitching

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 06:21 PM

Don't put freezer , stupid idea

Last time I give you sound wader preservation advice, coonman !!! frown
Posted By: possum63

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed
Don't put freezer , stupid idea

Last time I give you sound wader preservation advice, coonman !!! frown

After all the sound wader advice he has been getting for 3 years then goes and buys cheapest thing he can find, we all should of give up years ago. Lol

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 09:41 PM

Some ppl always after me on here, put in freezer , someone thinks there actually funny post something that stupid for advice on here , I did put used pair lay out with newspaper inside, last a few days in new season, probly worn out, the new pair has a new oily feel to rubber , not sure if should hang or leave box, not sure if crease in thin rubber so flexible would matter, I guess call mfg ? Or ask store how long leave box, they might not like question but in freezer , silly
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 09:52 PM

It’s hard to tell coming from a guy that clowns all of the time but that’s is what he created. I can’t tell if he was really helping or just clowning again myself best to move on and don’t look back.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 10:04 PM

Coonman, the manufacturer recommends washing them in a washing machine to soften them up And clean them
Just look at their website

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 10:16 PM

Ya right, wash them, put freezer , dumb, stupid posts, that funny tell someone do that, how stupid post that , I never told someone do that , maybe I can buy boot hanger at outdoor store come up in month or so or make one , done talk about it , the beav gave best advice, put in freezer , dumb, stupid , why not just throw out yard in weather , ssme thing as freezer
Posted By: wetdog

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 10:21 PM

Ya right, wash them, put freezer , dumb, stupid posts, that funny tell someone do that, how stupid post that , I never told someone do that

Look on their website you ornery old cuss
My post was not a joke
I've had those waders myself and needed to know the best way to clean and soften them
Grummpy old fart
Not everyone is out to get you

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 10:24 PM

Air, sunlight and heat are enemies of rubber boots Think about what Walleyed said.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 10:27 PM

This is how I do it-put your aqua seal in freezer.

Attached picture D267064B-F694-4C0A-A1E3-31DC80A274BD.jpeg
Attached picture 95B313B4-BB50-4F8A-9B8F-B9E81C3DC441.jpeg

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 10:27 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 10:52 PM

....all this that has been said, I am extremely hard of boots and gauntlets and do not get more than 1.5 years out of hip boots regardless of what care I take of them.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 11:02 PM

Despite Coonman, My lifelong creek trout fishing buddy stored his cheap as dirt hip waders in a freezer in his garage. Only used them for a few weeks in early spring and summer then washed and put back in the freezer. When he ran across some cheap Pro Line hip boots he bought a couple pair and in the freezer they went. After he passed away, he left me his belongings and guess what was in the bottom of freezer.....Yup new hip waders in a box in a garbage bag, receipt was 3 years old. So yeah Coonman you rub them down with Fluid Film and stick them in the attic, should work fine for you.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 11:04 PM

Doesn't matter what anyone says. He is not going to listen. Don't know how long you want cheap boots to last. You get what you pay for. And it was said to hand them in a dark area.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 11:21 PM

This is what I do also, but make sure you are buying quality boots.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/13/21 11:23 PM

I bought the cheap waders last year, not a lot of water trapping here really most of mine is through the ice so I buy the cheaper one we don’t have rats for several years until the water comes back often so why buy what you don’t need, hand them upside down keep the away from electric motors that will break down rubber.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 12:09 AM

Have you ever considered buying a real good pair of waders, then using the Dan's you got a few years ago, more often in the early season?

You might not believe this, but I've had a pair of the black Lacrosse hip boots (with the felt in the foot area) for nearly 20 years. When they leak, I take them to a tire shop and have them patched. They aren't pretty, but they don't leak and I will wear them again this fall. These are the only hip boots I own. Remember....buy cheap....you get cheap.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 12:46 AM

I got enough waders for now, I never went shop an got patch, that be thing do, yrs after use u hang but if brand new, work out to leave in box ? They feel like new oil on rubber
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 01:23 AM

Coonman will be back right before season opener with a leaky wader post....

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 01:29 AM

I got enough waders for now, I never went shop an got patch, that be thing do, yrs after use u hang but if brand new, work out to leave in box ? They feel like new oil on rubber

Dave, your question has been answered several times. Go up 9-10 comments and read the picture I posted. It come straight from Fog Tog web page
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 01:53 AM

Coat with Fluid Film and then freeze

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 05:58 PM

I got boots at dicks sport goods field and stream , a bigger dicks store, only boot hangers listed are Allen's boot hangers an I think for coyboy boots screws to wall, the hanger I got Dan's in is got hook center middle hanger to hang anywhere , I don't want hang on wall, where can find boot hanger without order one, probly not find at all
Posted By: hippie

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 06:02 PM

Got any no.9 wire?
Bend one up,

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 07:28 PM

Take some cord make some loops and hang them from your clothes pole In the closet. Or hang from the belt straps like I said before.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 08:15 PM

Ya a chord I first thinking then think it might make a crease mark an crack from string , old long shoe strings ?
Posted By: BigBob

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 08:46 PM

Armour all and hang upside down.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 08:55 PM

Well, he did get them at a bigger dicks store. If you stuff enough newspaper in them they should stand by themselves.
Posted By: Savell

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 08:59 PM

...lol
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/14/21 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391
Well, he did get them at a bigger dicks store. If you stuff enough newspaper in them they should stand by themselves.

Wonder if it came with a third leg then??????????

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/15/21 01:36 AM

Ya right, wash them, put freezer , dumb, stupid posts, that funny tell someone do that, how stupid post that , I never told someone do that , maybe I can buy boot hanger at outdoor store come up in month or so or make one , done talk about it , the beav gave best advice, put in freezer , dumb, stupid , why not just throw out yard in weather , ssme thing as freezer

The coonman has spoken !!! laugh
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/15/21 04:58 AM

Ya a chord I first thinking then think it might make a crease mark an crack from string , old long shoe strings ?

Dave, worried about crease marks from string/rope, then here is your fix:

1) go to store, woman's intimate department

2) find the pantyhose/leggings aisle

3) spend the money and buy the best 'silk' you can find

4) take them home and put crotch over clothing pole in closet

5) invert waders upside down after stuffing with packing material

6) tie waders around ankles with the legs/feet of the pantyhose, use a flat reef knot as to not crease the waders.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/18/21 07:51 PM

I did armor all old boots, hang on 1 hanger, the oldest pair is armor all lay flat not fold,, can order a hip waders hanger from Cabela's for $7.99 plus $5 shipping was quoted on phone, might do that an 2 hangers I have, just sone old long shoe strings should be fine for off-season summer storage, but in season, might be good to have 2 boot hangers, not sure if should spend more money or not
Posted By: BigBob

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/18/21 07:57 PM

I leave mine on the boot dryers

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/18/21 08:50 PM

Unless try fashion one from 9 ga wire, I think hanger is heavier guage different kind metal, try make one for other cheap used pair tomma

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/18/21 09:00 PM

Or be better just buy one? As homemade one u going have crease marks on lower boot from 9 ga wire , even done from boughten one, crease marks in time could be cracking
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/18/21 09:48 PM

Can you try building a boot hanger out of a scrap piece of plywood and 2x4. Many ideas on google.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/18/21 11:46 PM

Wonder if wire hanger u buy or make when on foot boot upside down, if make crease mark or is crease an crack problem up futhor on leg boot ?
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/19/21 02:00 AM

First you ask for advise..then you say stupid posts.. you did not even bother checking the manufacturer for their wader care. So which one is stupid? You buy a pair of cheap waders and worry about creases..c'mon. you get what you pay for..

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/20/21 09:05 PM

I hung up old rubber hipboots from wire hook on belt strap an wipe armor all on rubber again , think instead buy 2 ND boot hanger to just do same new boots in box, I wonder if that be hard on stitching on boots to hang from belt straps on ceiling in cellar ?
Posted By: run

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/20/21 10:46 PM

I think you got this figured out, Dave.
Posted By: Minklongliner

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/21/21 12:19 AM

What happened to the dans hip boots we bought u from iowa trapper talk use those or get u a good pair like the lacrosse big chief

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/21/21 12:35 AM

I still got them yet on boot hangers

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/27/21 08:00 PM

So I hung boots the new ones like other pr, by belt strap on piece wire to nail on basement floor joists, it say boots after dry to hang upside down but brand new unused an dry an hung but foot boot down, is there a difference in storage ? Put newspaper wad up a little in boot to puff it out so no creases, u think hang from belt straps for months the weight of boot pull on belt straps an stitching on belt straps from hanging could weaken the stiching hold the belt straps to boots ?
Posted By: Boco

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/27/21 08:15 PM

I throw mine under the stairs for storage.I also keep a pair in the truck from April to December.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/27/21 09:01 PM

Not good place store truck in sun
Posted By: Boco

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/27/21 10:08 PM

I leave em in the truck cause I use them all the time.
I got about 8 pairs and they are all good for the last 12 years or so.They take a long time to dry when they get wet,and about half are oversized for the cold weather in Nov and dec.Thats why I have 8 pairs.
Heavy rubber with steel toes.They are cold when wearing on the bike all day in november-the extra big ones allow for insoles and extra socks.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/28/21 03:05 PM

M.T.P. sells boot hangers for less than three bucks a pair.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/28/21 03:46 PM

I always guessed they wanted them upside down because of the boot weight. Hanging them by the straps stretches the rubber out.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/28/21 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
I always guessed they wanted them upside down because of the boot weight. Hanging them by the straps stretches the rubber out.

Thanks tell me that, right now I take the 2 pairs down, I didn't know that , it does ruin boot or hard rubber an shorten life ? Cheapest boot hangers I could find were $13 shipped , someone on this topic told me to hang from boot straps , so it could stretch rubber an ruin them ?

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/28/21 07:02 PM

Hanging them by the belt straps will not stretch out the BOOT RUBBER. It may stretch the boot strap which isn't going to be a problem. In fact most belt straps aren't even rubber.

I give up on trying to help.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/28/21 07:33 PM

Oh I don't know, it seem heavier with boot or foot down, I made a temporary hanger out 9 ga wire, if go convention , might see if they bring boot hangers, ya the belt straps on old Frogg toggs are wether worn an crack already on sides, I just lay new boots out flat till get hangers, look at frogg toggs the new ones close can see blemishes in construction in different places from 1 boot to other, old ones not leak an hope new ones don't that halves glue good, made china, where lacrosse made, USA?

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/28/21 07:34 PM

Oh I don't know, it seem heavier with boot or foot down, I made a temporary hanger out 9 ga wire, if go convention , might see if they bring boot hangers, ya the belt straps on old Frogg toggs are wether worn an crack already on sides, I just lay new boots out flat till get hangers, look at frogg toggs the new ones close can see blemishes in construction in different places from 1 boot to other, old ones not leak an hope new ones don't that halves glue good, made china, where lacrosse made, USA?

I still say freeze them suckers till you need them, coonman !!!! laugh

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/28/21 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
I throw mine under the stairs for storage.I also keep a pair in the truck from April to December.

Canadian Slacker !!! laugh

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/28/21 07:40 PM

I was just at the Snareshop in Lidderdale Iowa. Just paid $144.95 for Lacrosse outrigger non-insulated hip boots. I then drove 25 miles to the beaver job I have set up. Pulled the boots out of the box, put them on, checked traps, and took them off. They are now wadded up on the back seat of my truck. When I get home they are going in my boot dryer until I need them again. I will take the boots off my boot dryer and lay them on my bench.

I don't know if it's the right way or wrong way and (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) well don't care. But I get a good 5-6 years out of them. I wear them 2-3 times a week in the summer and 7 days a week in fall/winter untill I put my insulated lacrosse hip boots on.

Hopefully this helps Dave. Don't know if it will work with your cheap boots or not. Like so many other things you do......quit overthinking ir

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/28/21 07:51 PM

The problem lies in getting what you pay for. There isnt a fix in the world for cheaply made junk. I had rubber hip boots from wwII that were folded 3 times and they didnt have a crack in them. The rubber compound asians use . well isnt quite what you call quality. I would rather have a 50 year old pair of lacrosse waders than any of that new overseas crap.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/28/21 08:12 PM

I had a pair brand new gauntlets I got in summer at convention that were cracked were folded an creased, look at frogg toggs, one boot is different a little than other in construction, hopefully 1 has glue down where I can't see in top boot an toward bottom boot where join, lacrosse made in USA ? I doubt dicks take them back if start leak first time I use, I had pr sleepy creek gauntlets leak bad from seam on first use last fall, fnt replace free
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/28/21 08:49 PM

Dave, you’re the biggest worrier I’ve ever witnessed. You’re entertaining, though. I still think Savell is Coonman. Savell, come out the closet, ole’ son! Lol.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/28/21 11:37 PM

LaCrosse footwear is China made.I buy the insulator 3 waders.They’re not terrible quality but you need a degree in wader patching if you don’t replace yearly.They had some shotty quality over the years but have been pretty decent lately.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/29/21 10:47 AM

Nail 3 pieces of scrap wood up across your floor joist like this and you can hang both pair up.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/29/21 11:29 AM

[quote=hippie] Cheapest boot hangers I could find were $13 shipped ,

Did you look at the ones M.T.P. sells for less than $3 a pair like I said earlier in this thread?I don't think you read most peoples responses,,,you just keep typing.I agree with Walleyed,,,keep your boots in the freezer.

Re: New hipboot storage question - 06/29/21 06:45 PM

Yes if go convention I gonna see if get 2 hangers from mtp
© 2024 Trapperman Forums