Home

Bring Back CCC?

Posted By: Pike River

Bring Back CCC? - 06/13/21 07:53 PM

Unlike many here I'm not totally against safety net programs. I believe they have their place. What I have a hard time with is receiving assistance without accountability or benefit.

Just sitting in the yard right now I got to thinking it would be nice if something similar to the Civilian Conservation Corp was organized again to address our nations aging infrastructure.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Bring Back CCC? - 06/13/21 07:58 PM

ccc is a good idea. it was then and it is now. the only way it works though is to end unemployment and aid to dependent children along with section 8 housing and other welfare programs. for profit employers cant get help now. you think the government can?
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Bring Back CCC? - 06/13/21 07:59 PM

it's a nice thought.

not practical in today's welfare world.

Re: Bring Back CCC? - 06/13/21 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin
it's a nice thought.

not practical in today's welfare world.

To replace welfare. Maybe similar to Job Corp.

Re: Bring Back CCC? - 06/13/21 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
ccc is a good idea. it was then and it is now. the only way it works though is to end unemployment and aid to dependent children along with section 8 housing and other welfare programs. for profit employers cant get help now. you think the government can?

One thing I liked about it was that a certain cut of your earnings automatically went back to your home for their support.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Bring Back CCC? - 06/14/21 12:40 AM

I owe the CCC my current career....Let me explain, Michigan was planted with millions of red pine by the CCC many years ago. All over Northern Michigan are thousands of acres of mature or ready to thin stands of red pine in nice neat rows. My fence post mill uses these trees exclusively. I buy 2 to 3 trucks a day some days, up to 10 inch in diameter. Most federal and state owned stands are replanted when the final cut happens. The CCC planted so many trees with the most primitive of equipment, it amazes me the amount of acres planted. They also did many other conservation projects. I live not far from some of the old camps and tree nurseries.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Bring Back CCC? - 06/14/21 01:16 AM

There should always be strings when adults and older teens are given charity. CCC is a great idea to implement again.

Keith
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Bring Back CCC? - 06/14/21 01:35 AM

Actually heard Biden was considering it. I'm not so sure it would work today. Heard it would be volunteer and pay would have to be so high. People aren't going to work hard for basically room and board.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Bring Back CCC? - 06/14/21 02:27 AM

It costs the government $2 to do anything the private sector can do for $1. If there is a need for infrastructure work, it should be delegated to the private sector 100%. We'll get twice the infrastructure for the same cost.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Bring Back CCC? - 06/14/21 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
It costs the government $2 to do anything the private sector can do for $1. If there is a need for infrastructure work, it should be delegated to the private sector 100%. We'll get twice the infrastructure for the same cost.

Over 68 million Americans received money from taxpayers, like most of us here, last year. They should have to pay us back with their labor. They have copious amounts of free time that should be used to balance out what they cost society.

Keith
© 2024 Trapperman Forums