Home

Shock Springs

Posted By: MySide 🦝

Shock Springs - 06/14/21 09:22 PM

I may or may not pull the trigger and buy 2 dz. Do you think it's worth it or not? I want the animal to be as comfortable as possible.
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: Shock Springs - 06/14/21 10:22 PM

I use them, KB's come with them
Posted By: warrior

Re: Shock Springs - 06/14/21 10:32 PM

I'm somewhat ambivalent on them. Nice to have but not needed, imo. That said I do use them.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Shock Springs - 06/14/21 10:48 PM

I use them and I have seen them work the way I want them to
Posted By: camlock

Re: Shock Springs - 06/14/21 11:04 PM

I use the pos-i trip inline shock springs on my base plated #3 Victor coils. The chain from the trap d ring to the end of the shock spring is just long enough for the shock spring to go under the loose jaw when i bed the trap. Solids up bedding the trap a little faster..
Posted By: Savell

Re: Shock Springs - 06/14/21 11:10 PM

Hey buddy... just catch them kill them sell them..... if you’re not live marketing you can unnecessarily sink a lot of money into pads and shock absorbers... spend that money on more traps and go get em... them critters are tough .. you ain’t hurtin them any worse than they hurt one another
Posted By: warrior

Re: Shock Springs - 06/14/21 11:51 PM

I'm with Savell, they all end up dead. But I trap downtown Atlanta so painting a pretty picture is just part of the game.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Shock Springs - 06/14/21 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Savell
Hey buddy... just catch them kill them sell them..... if you’re not live marketing you can unnecessarily sink a lot of money into pads and shock absorbers... spend that money on more traps and go get em... them critters are tough .. you ain’t hurtin them any worse than they hurt one another

This...
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Shock Springs - 06/15/21 12:03 AM

I agree
Don't over think and keep it simple.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Shock Springs - 06/15/21 12:04 AM

This is just my thought. It is just something more on the trap that needs to be bedded. I do have traps with them which would be Northwoods 1 3/4 that came with them from the factory. But all my newer traps I haven't put them on so really cant say one way or the other if I would like them. But more is not always better.......
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Shock Springs - 06/15/21 12:45 AM

^^^^^^^*
Well Said Tex
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Shock Springs - 06/15/21 12:48 AM

Yep. All my traps have them, but I live market trap. Before I moved to where that was legal, I didn't own a one.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums