Home

Heard a bang on the window ….

Posted By: Nessmuck

Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/14/21 11:13 PM

I was in the kitchen …and heard this bang. No body at the door…so sat down in the breezeway ,and noticed this imprint on the glass door ! Looks like ol tweety bird didn’t see the glass ( it’s happened to me before) . I looked on the ground …but no bird,must have made it…lol [Linked Image]
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/14/21 11:14 PM

That had ta hurt!
Posted By: adam m

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/14/21 11:17 PM

I laugh everytime I see a bird print.
Found a few that didn't make too.

I wonder what's going through their mind before impact lol
Posted By: adam m

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/14/21 11:19 PM

Ness look around and near the building he probably walked around and kicked the can. With a detailed imprint like that it's either dead or one tough bird. I've never seen such detail in a bird imprint
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/14/21 11:28 PM

lol
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 12:01 AM

Cool imprint. Happens here several times a year. If the dog hears it happen, he runs right out and makes sure there are no survivors.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 12:11 AM

He's a tough little sucker to get back up after that
Posted By: grumpa

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 12:15 AM

If you look closely, you can see the look of surprise on his little bitty birdie face!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by grumpa
If you look closely, you can see the look of surprise on his little bitty birdie face!

Ha, now I can't un-see that. I wouldn't call it surprise, it looks like sheer terror, lol.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 12:34 AM

Did it sound like a Pterodactyl hit ?
Better sleep with the flash lite tonight
Posted By: crosspatch

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 12:39 AM

Well now that is a neat pic.
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 01:10 AM

Looks like it just noked the dust off him lol.
Posted By: headache73

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 01:18 AM

Had a deer try to come through the window into the full service station I worked at in high school. I saw her coming, trotted right across the highway, jumped over the hood of the car I'd just filled up, and bounced off the huge window in front of me. I was diving under the counter. She got up, ran around the back and was gone
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 02:26 AM

How hard did you have to throw him to get that good of an imprint ....... asking for a friend
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 03:26 AM

I swear that looks like a drawing with his eyes bugging out. Hope it’s beak was curved before impact, if not, it is now.
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 04:01 AM

he just realized boston is playing golf, not hockey? lol
Posted By: Boco

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 04:27 AM

Had robins do that at the house,and partridge do it at the cabin.
Must be fairly common.If the window was open I wonder if they would fly in,or if its something about glass.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Had robins do that at the house,and partridge do it at the cabin.
Must be fairly common.If the window was open I wonder if they would fly in,or if its something about glass.

They fly in. Have to catch several a year that fly in through open windows or doors.

But, I've also read that they see their reflection in the glass and think it's another bird and want to fight.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 07:30 AM

Birds brains for a reason laugh
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 07:34 AM

Nice petunias
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 08:44 AM

I had a print like that one time on our big bay window out front. Just above it was a much larger wing print. Figured it was a tweety trying to get away from a coopers hawk and it hit the window full force, and the coopers got turned just in the nick of time. If the coopers would've hit the window full force I probably would've had to replace it and deal with a very upset and injured coopers.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 09:30 AM

nice !!! laugh
Posted By: eric space

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 11:44 PM

I once hit a screech owl with a car. The imprint of its face in the windshield was visible for over a year, lasting thru rain and snow.
Posted By: coonlove

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/15/21 11:58 PM

When I was a kid, we lived in an old white farm house. During a driving snowstorm, we heard a loud thump on the side of the house. Dad went out and found a very dead hen pheasant that had flown into the side of the house. Dinner delivered............
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Heard a bang on the window …. - 06/16/21 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by coonlove
When I was a kid, we lived in an old white farm house. During a driving snowstorm, we heard a loud thump on the side of the house. Dad went out and found a very dead hen pheasant that had flown into the side of the house. Dinner delivered............

same thing happened when i was a kid... except it was a rooster
© 2024 Trapperman Forums