Home

Work said no masks

Posted By: 1lessdog

Work said no masks - 06/15/21 05:34 PM

If you have been Vaccinated. If you have not you have to continue wearing the mask. We have to upload are vaccination card for proof. Now isnt that a HIPAA violation asking for your card??
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 05:37 PM

Sounds like it...
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 05:41 PM

HIPAA is basically defunct now unless you work for a hospital and they needed a better excuse to fire somebody.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 06:13 PM

I work for a multinational. Still having to fill out a questionnaire, have my temperature taken every day before being allowed to enter the workplace and masks are still mandatory. We will be among the last to give it up. Irritating to say the least.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 06:42 PM

No, you can willing tell anyone you want. But them making you wear a mask if you have not would be making you tell everyone part of your medical history. That part is what I would believe is a HIPPA violation.
Posted By: TRAPPER TOM

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 06:46 PM

NOT a violation here in PA. if you have something that could hurt someone else(disease) they can ask and you have to tell them. I:E AIDS, HEP C, ETC
Posted By: adam m

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 07:01 PM

Not only hipaa but also a ppi violation. PPI =personal private information. It's more strict than hipaa one example bans the use of disclosing someone's age especially over 90.

Over the years numerous courts have ruled in favor and against medical offices hospitals etc... requiring employees to wear a mask if they didn't get the flu shot. The courts that rule against the mask indicate that it reveals medical and or religious beliefs of employees and is in violation.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by TRAPPER TOM
NOT a violation here in PA. if you have something that could hurt someone else(disease) they can ask and you have to tell them. I:E AIDS, HEP C, ETC

A vaccination won't hurt someone, and no one knows you have Corona until a lab test with high false positive says you are positive.
Recently a dr diagnosed my youngest with Corona instead of an ear infection without a test or a physical exam. Test results were negative.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 07:08 PM

I think they can ask without violating HIPA because you give them your info. If they shared the info with anyone without your permission it would be a violation. The way I understand it anyway.
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
I work for a multinational. Still having to fill out a questionnaire, have my temperature taken every day before being allowed to enter the workplace and masks are still mandatory. We will be among the last to give it up. Irritating to say the least.

Do we work in the same facility??
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 08:30 PM

Only a little over 4 months until it is trapping season.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 08:33 PM

The point some are missing is, the Fauci ouchi does not keep you from catching or spreading the China flu. So what difference does it make if you took the shot? It will not help you or anyone else. If you did not take the shot they have made no money off you unless you were tested.
Posted By: charles

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 09:23 PM

HIPAA and Proof of Vaccine Status
Vaccination information is classed as PHI and is covered by the HIPAA Rules. However, HIPAA only applies to HIPAA-covered entities – healthcare providers, health plans, and healthcare clearinghouses – and their business associates. If an employer asks an employee to provide proof that they have been vaccinated in order to allow that individual to work without wearing a facemask, that is not a HIPAA violation as HIPAA does not apply to most employers.

It would not be a HIPAA violation for an employer to ask an employee’s healthcare provider for proof of vaccination. It would however be a HIPAA violation for the employee’s healthcare provider to disclose that information to the employer unless the individual had provided authorization to do so. If an employer is running their own vaccination program and an employee chooses to have their vaccine privately, that individual may have to authorize their healthcare provider to disclose certain information about their vaccine to their employer as proof that they have been vaccinated.

Asking about vaccine status would not violate HIPAA but it is possible that other laws could be violated. For instance, requiring employees to disclose additional health information such as the reason why they are not vaccinated could potentially violate federal laws. Furthermore, several states have passed laws – or are considering laws – that prohibit employers in the public sector from asking employees about their vaccine status.

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 09:26 PM

In the 1970s, my manager would ask a female employee if she was on birth control, because he didn't want to invest training in an employee who might soon take maternity leave or permanent absence.

I doubt a company can ask an applicant such a question today.
Posted By: garymc

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 09:53 PM

At my place of employment it is voluntary to share/show your vaccination card, but if you chose not to then you are treated as not vaccinated and have to continue to wear a mask/face shield. Our policy was relaxed last week by allowing those with proof of vaccination not being required to wear a mask/face shield. Prior to that announcement there were less than 10% reporting vaccination after the announcement of the policy change that number tripled very quickly.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 10:09 PM

Why the covid vaccination ?

Why not all the other 50 or so vaccinations ?

People are losing their mind crazy

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 10:14 PM

The others were not political. Just scientific medical data.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by TRAPPER TOM

There are no violations in PA. They change stuff whenever they want even if it is not legal.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Work said no masks - 06/15/21 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher
And still our local Walmart's intercom asks people that have not been vaccinated to continue wearing masks. Will this go on forever one must ask and who in the heck do they think they are anyway peddling this poison?

It makes you wonder what the powers that be are conditioning us for.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums