Home

Land/Cabin Prices

Posted By: Pike River

Land/Cabin Prices - 06/15/21 11:59 PM

Ive been keeping a keen eye on prices in my neck of the woods. Last year was a great year to sell. It seems that those who wanted to buy have ran out. Prices are now dropping rapidly to precovid levels.

If you're sitting on something waiting for a better price, sell and wait. If you've been waiting for a good deal, wait another 12 months.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Ive been keeping a keen eye on prices in my neck of the woods. Last year was a great year to sell. It seems that those who wanted to buy have ran out. Prices are now dropping rapidly to precovid levels.

If you're sitting on something waiting for a better price, sell and wait. If you've been waiting for a good deal, wait another 12 months.

Where have you been looking? I would love a cabin in Montana or Wyoming but was facing serious sticker shock when I glanced during Covid.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 03:02 AM

Lots of cottages for rent for the whole summer with the boarders closed. Just do the "honey-do-list" sheet and pay the electrical bill.
the sob agents get 10% for finding clients and have monthly visits.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 03:10 AM

Prices here seem high. There are a ton of people moving here so prices remain higher than I’d like to buy.

If you’re from California, Montana is full. Lol.

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

Where have you been looking? I would love a cabin in Montana or Wyoming but was facing serious sticker shock when I glanced during Covid.

Just east of you, Great Lakes

Prices are still high but they are trending down.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 10:50 AM

not by us they are crazy high, people getting 20k over asking price
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 11:08 AM

Still high here
Posted By: run

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 01:39 PM

Are you sure this is not fake news? Because property has almost always gone up in price in my neck of the woods. It never seems to come down unless the property has right of way issues. I would love to be proven wrong.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 02:21 PM

High here like double wide modular on 4 acres a friend bought for 170k 3 years ago just sold in less than a week for 212k and buyer paied 10k more than asking and waived all repairs ect...

Absolutely insane.
It dose make me wonder how well I could come out selling the farm. Sell out and move out west starting from scratch. Somewhere with easy and nearly unlimited hunting and fishing access.

But west is BIG, will need a good job wherever that is, and the replacement cost of home/farm will also be high.

I have finally figured out I do love Indiana but it's just to populated. But I will never move realistically
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 05:26 PM

I see what he is saying in my area also. A lot of the hype is ending and people are
Starting to run out of the free money
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 05:33 PM

Almost anything you would want around here gets offers the first day it hits the market for 10 to 20% over the askin price.

If the Native Texans wont pay that the Californians will
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 05:40 PM

Land and houses are crazy high around central mizzery right now with no end in sight. Example of how crazy it is, the wife and I kicked the idea around to move to a water front home on Lake of the Ozarks. Had to figure out what our 5 acres and house was worth if we put it on the market. We are friends with 2different realators and had them come look at our place. Almost had the big one when they told us we better have a place to go in a couple weeks if we listed it at 425 grand. If we wanted to play the long game and sell to the California crowd for 500 grand, it would probably take a couple months. We have lived here for 35 years and me and 3 other drunk carpenters built this shack for 68 grand including the land. It ain't nothing fancy and I do replace the tar paper and plywood over the windows every few years. We decided to stay put because we're getting to long in the tooth to build another one or rehab someone else's problems. Crazy Crazy Crazy. Guess everyone wants out of the city's or over taxed states.

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by run
Are you sure this is not fake news? Because property has almost always gone up in price in my neck of the woods. It never seems to come down unless the property has right of way issues. I would love to be proven wrong.

Dont get me wrong.....prices are still silly high but I'm seeing prices finally creeping lower and properties sitting longer.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 08:27 PM

I have 30ac listed for $575000 if anyone is interested...
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by run

Dont get me wrong.....prices are still silly high but I'm seeing prices finally creeping lower and properties sitting longer.

X2

I'm on Zillow and Realtor, etc. for almost a year now with daily listings and the tide has turned. Gonna wait a little now!!! Most of decent ones were up 20-30% during past year.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Land/Cabin Prices - 06/16/21 08:49 PM

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7006-Kickerville-Rd-Ferndale-WA-98248/2073056004_zpid/
© 2024 Trapperman Forums